Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could one of Tapas be guilty and the McCanns not know?

+18
ann_chovey
cass
NoStone
Loopdaloop
pennylane
Bobsy
almostgothic
matthew
Lillyofthevalley
Panda
Lioned
jinvta
Claudia79
Velvet
kitti
Wintabells
cherrylight
Loveday
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Could one of Tapas be guilty and the McCanns not know? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could one of Tapas be guilty and the McCanns not know?

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 7 Jan - 12:26

Velvet wrote:
kitti wrote:They know EXACTLY what happened to their daughter but I can't for the life off me think WHY the other couples have helped them cover up what happened.

I wouldn't ....

I agree, WHY would they cover for them??!

Because ALL children were sedated on that fateful holiday imo, and the rest of them maybe think "there for the grace of god go I" and feel very sorry for them.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
Could one of Tapas be guilty and the McCanns not know? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Could one of Tapas be guilty and the McCanns not know? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Could one of Tapas be guilty and the McCanns not know? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could one of Tapas be guilty and the McCanns not know?

Post  Autumn Sat 7 Jan - 12:26

“We have a pact. This is our matter only. It is nobody else’s business”, says David Payne.

I think this shows all of the tapas group were in on it.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
Could one of Tapas be guilty and the McCanns not know? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Could one of Tapas be guilty and the McCanns not know? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sat 7 Jan - 12:30

The Tapas Nine had wanted to keep the meeting secret (it was held at a hotel near Kate and Gerry McCanns' home in Rothley, Leicestershire) but yesterday details of it were leaked by a source close to the McCanns.

"It was a private meeting in a hotel and was the first time that the group had collectively met since Madeleine's disappearance," said the source (aka Clarence Mitchell).

And why the secret meetings?
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Sat 7 Jan - 12:35

Autumn wrote:
The Tapas Nine had wanted to keep the meeting secret (it was held at a hotel near Kate and Gerry McCanns' home in Rothley, Leicestershire) but yesterday details of it were leaked by a source close to the McCanns.

"It was a private meeting in a hotel and was the first time that the group had collectively met since Madeleine's disappearance," said the source (aka Clarence Mitchell).

To talk about secret things?
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sat 7 Jan - 12:47

matthew wrote:
Autumn wrote:

Could one of Tapas be guilty and the McCanns not know? - Page 2 944533
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sat 7 Jan - 12:53

Funny how they all had to meet at a hotel when their great big house was only a stone's throw away.
Plenty of room for a friendly get-together there, I would have thought.

Something must have been bugging them.
Or maybe they thought something was bugging them ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sat 7 Jan - 12:58

Autumn wrote:
matthew wrote:
Autumn wrote:

I wonder if a private room was booked then or did they all just sit in the public bar and chat over a pint Could one of Tapas be guilty and the McCanns not know? - Page 2 613255 no thought not. Gerry would certainly require a white board or flipchart at least to do his diagrams on. And there would need to be a good stock of paper so the group didn't have to tear of the backs of the menus. And would it entail an overnight stop?
More questions than answers but obviously, well to me at least, it wasn't just a friendly get together.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 7 Jan - 13:18

almostgothic wrote:Funny how they all had to meet at a hotel when their great big house was only a stone's throw away.

I recall that particular meeting was arranged right after the press got wind of a story re a solicitor who claimed his tapasnik client 'wanted to tell the truth but was afraid of McCanns backing.' I remember the pink pimp claiming at the time that he had phoned around to check, and as far as he could tell none of the tapasniks had done so.... he was very twitchy and unsure of himself..... and he went on to add that anyway they ALL shared the same legal umbrella as the gruesome twosome (now that I did believe, as I always thought the good ole Fund was keeping them all nicely afloat and clinging to the same slippery life raft).

Clarence arranged that meeting to rally the tapasniks round and give them a much needed pep talk methinks, as some worrying stuff had come to light in the press in recent weeks. Woof, woof!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 7 Jan - 13:29

i have always said that i dont think all the tapas were in the loop , imo its best to only involve major players and as little as possible . i do not think anyone of them thought this case would be so big - and when i mean big i mean that their story wouldnt be believed , they are good drs bla bla . one lie questioned had to be lied again and again and they all got took up by the flying circus .
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sat 7 Jan - 14:16

cass wrote:i have always said that i dont think all the tapas were in the loop , imo its best to only involve major players and as little as possible . i do not think anyone of them thought this case would be so big - and when i mean big i mean that their story wouldnt be believed , they are good drs bla bla . one lie questioned had to be lied again and again and they all got took up by the flying circus .

So which are not in the loop?
I'm guessing the Gaspars due to their statement about DP>
The blogger at the 'no stone unturned' blog thinks that Dianne Webster was out of the loop also and was the only one that told the truth.
http://unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.com/p/theory-english.html however she does think that Clarence Mitchell is in the loop due to his questionable involvement with other high profile criminal cases
"His role is intriguing given the fact that he was involved in most of the dodgier criminal cases in recent history. Milly Dowler, Jill Dando, Fred and Rosemary West, Ian Huntley....
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sat 7 Jan - 15:18

cass wrote:i have always said that i dont think all the tapas were in the loop , imo its best to only involve major players and as little as possible . i do not think anyone of them thought this case would be so big - and when i mean big i mean that their story wouldnt be believed , they are good drs bla bla . one lie questioned had to be lied again and again and they all got took up by the flying circus .

If all the Tapas group attended the meeting it would suggest they were all in the loop Cass. This meeting was held shortly before they had to be interviewed by UK Police and would have been an ideal chance for them to go over their statements beforehand.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sat 7 Jan - 15:32

Autumn wrote:

If all the Tapas group attended the meeting it would suggest they were all in the loop Cass. This meeting was held shortly before they had to be interviewed by UK Police and would have been an ideal chance for them to go over their statements beforehand.

ANy proven collusion would amount to perverting the course of justice which can lead to imprisionment! Whatever might have been said at this meeting I wonder if any of those involved sit back and watch events unfold and wonder if everything is as it was. If any guarentees given still hold with so manyy changes happening since. I wonder if they look at the actions of the Mc's and cringe at allowing them to get this far withh iit all!!

If you were going to be found out - best you cough first and have that taken into account as mitigation rather than be dragged into the dock with everyone else. Who is the weakest link??
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Sat 7 Jan - 15:45

almostgothic wrote:Funny how they all had to meet at a hotel when their great big house was only a stone's throw away.

Funny that, also Catriona Baker, Madeleine's nanny also popped into Rothley in November presumably for tea and biccies.
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sat 7 Jan - 15:56

ann_chovey wrote:

Funny that, also Catriona Baker, Madeleine's nanny also popped into Rothley in November presumably for tea and biccies.

5 months before her second witness statement.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 7 Jan - 16:22

regards to the meeting yes if they all showed up ? did they or is it just forum goss . i was meaning while they were in portugal they wasnt all in the loop imo . at the end of the day as i have already said i dont think they thought it would still be going on 4 years later .
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 7 Jan - 16:24

No pesky kids at the hotel - all sleeping at McCanns' house monitored by Payne's baby monitor no doubt; an arrangement, which apart from a minor hitch, had proven to be so convenient on their Portuguese holiday.

Was Webster present? - if she was she's in it too.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Sat 7 Jan - 18:10

T4two wrote:

No pesky kids at the hotel - all sleeping at McCanns' house monitored by Payne's baby monitor no doubt; an arrangement, which apart from a minor hitch, had proven to be so convenient on their Portuguese holiday.

Was Webster present? - if she was she's in it too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2007/12/11/tapas-9-in-secret-mccann-meeting-115875-20232103/

Kate and Gerry McCann held a secret meeting with the rest of the "Tapas Nine" amid reports that Portuguese police are coming to Britain to re-interview them, it was revealed yesterday.
The friends met last month for the first time since the McCanns' four-year-old daughter Madeleine vanished in Portugal seven months ago.

They were all dining with the couple in a tapas bar near the holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, where Madeleine was sleeping with two-year-old twin brother and sister Sean and Amelie.

Portuguese police were furious about the meeting. A source close to the investigation claimed it was "highly suspicious" that they had met up to "talk tactics".

Detectives are said to be awaiting formal clearance to come to Britain and question the nine again about alleged discrepancies in their statements.

But the couple's spokesman Clarence Mitchell denied that the nine had gathered to square their accounts before a police visit.

He said the emotional reunion "a few weeks ago" at a hotel near the couple's home in Rothley, Leics "was just to discuss the overall situation.

"They weren't comparing notes or doing anything untoward. It was an operational meeting to discuss what might be coming up in the next few weeks.

"They are in touch all the time by phone and emails anyway but decided to meet face to face. They were together for a few hours and discussed the overall position. They wanted to see each other because they hadn't done so for some time."

He added: "It was a private meeting and I therefore don't want to say more about it."

The other seven members of the party are heart specialist Dr David Payne, 41, his doctor wife Fiona, 34, hospital consultant Dr Russell O'Brien, 36, his partner Jane Tanner, 37, endocrinologist Dr Matthew Oldfield, 37, and wife Rachael, 36, and Dr Payne's mother Dianne Webster.
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 7 Jan - 19:16

ALL the Tapas 7 are guilty - accessories in a crime before and after the fact as well as committing perjury.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 7 Jan - 21:17

tigger wrote:ALL the Tapas 7 are guilty - accessories in a crime before and after the fact as well as committing perjury.

Agree and add to that, conspiring to pervert the course of justice, obstructing a police investigation and fraudulently obtaining money from Express Newspapers.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sat 7 Jan - 22:09

T4two wrote:
tigger wrote:ALL the Tapas 7 are guilty - accessories in a crime before and after the fact as well as committing perjury.

Agree and add to that, conspiring to pervert the course of justice, obstructing a police investigation and fraudulently obtaining money from Express Newspapers.

I've never really understood why Express coughed up for all of them, don't think there was ever much printed about any of the crew apart from the Macs.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sun 8 Jan - 5:25

Bobsy wrote:
Autumn wrote:
matthew wrote:
Autumn wrote:

I wonder if a private room was booked then or did they all just sit in the public bar and chat over a pint Could one of Tapas be guilty and the McCanns not know? - Page 2 613255 no thought not. Gerry would certainly require a white board or flipchart at least to do his diagrams on. And there would need to be a good stock of paper so the group didn't have to tear of the backs of the menus. And would it entail an overnight stop?
More questions than answers but obviously, well to me at least, it wasn't just a friendly get together.

I agree Bobsy and would loved to have been a fly on the wall at this get together Could one of Tapas be guilty and the McCanns not know? - Page 2 29204 Do we know if all the Tapas group attended this meeting and were their lawyers also invited along?
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2