Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accused: the 74 stone babysitter

3 posters

Go down

Accused: the 74 stone babysitter Empty Accused: the 74 stone babysitter

Post  Guest Tue 3 Jan - 13:20

This is the title of a programme on at 9 o'clock this evening on Channel 4. It relates to the bizarre story of a 74 stone Texan woman accused of killling her two-year-old nephew.

As she was incapable of looking after herself because of her weight, how the child was left in her care is a mystery in itself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Accused: the 74 stone babysitter Empty Re: Accused: the 74 stone babysitter

Post  Panda Tue 3 Jan - 13:32

Not Born Yesterday wrote:This is the title of a programme on at 9 o'clock this evening on Channel 4. It relates to the bizarre story of a 74 stone Texan woman accused of killling her two-year-old nephew.

As she was incapable of looking after herself because of her weight, how the child was left in her care is a mystery in itself.

How could anyone let themselves get that Obese.....the Guy who sings "Somewhere over the Rainbow" with a lovely soft voice is 59 stone and he
ended up bedridden.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Accused: the 74 stone babysitter Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Accused: the 74 stone babysitter Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Jan - 13:40

I don't know the person you mean Panda but I always think of Brian Wilson, one of the founder members of the Beach Boys. He ended up like that due to drug and mental health issues. He has done wonderfully well to return to a normal size and to the music business.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 3 Jan - 13:53

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I don't know the person you mean Panda but I always think of Brian Wilson, one of the founder members of the Beach Boys. He ended up like that due to drug and mental health issues. He has done wonderfully well to return to a normal size and to the music business.

No he is not the one, this Guy was from Thailand ,or somewhere like that and we discussed him on here last year. He played the Ukelele while he sang the song, real sweet voice....AnnaEsse knows who I mean, if she reads this thread I"m sure she will be able to put the video on here.....won"t you Anna. Accused: the 74 stone babysitter Icon_flower
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Accused: the 74 stone babysitter Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Accused: the 74 stone babysitter Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 3 Jan - 14:12

Panda wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:I don't know the person you mean Panda but I always think of Brian Wilson, one of the founder members of the Beach Boys. He ended up like that due to drug and mental health issues. He has done wonderfully well to return to a normal size and to the music business.

No he is not the one, this Guy was from Thailand ,or somewhere like that and we discussed him on here last year. He played the Ukelele while he sang the song, real sweet voice....AnnaEsse knows who I mean, if she reads this thread I"m sure she will be able to put the video on here.....won"t you Anna. Accused: the 74 stone babysitter Icon_flower

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 3 Jan - 14:26

No sooner said than done....thanks AnnaEsse. Accused: the 74 stone babysitter 83453

Actually it looks more like Hawaii than Thailand.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Jan - 14:37

I have actually heard this on the radio but I had no idea who the singer was.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 3 Jan - 14:43

Panda wrote:No sooner said than done....thanks AnnaEsse. Accused: the 74 stone babysitter 83453

Actually it looks more like Hawaii than Thailand.

I think it is Hawaii, Panda! And thank you! Accused: the 74 stone babysitter 83453

Last edited by AnnaEsse on Wed 4 Jan - 10:32; edited 1 time in total
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 4 Jan - 8:05

I watched the programme last night, the Woman really looks grotesque, confined to her bed, her legs looked like those in the Michelin tyre ad only ten times worse. Her Husband waited on her hand foot and finger, bathed her daily,you have to admire him.

It was thought she had rolled over an smothered the baby but she swore she never and in the end broke down and it turned out it was her Sister who was
responsible for the Baby"s death.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 4 Jan - 9:03

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/accused-the-74-stone-babysitter/4od#3274894

I'm not sure if anyone outside the U K will be able to access it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 4 Jan - 9:19

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://www.channel4.com/programmes/accused-the-74-stone-babysitter/4od#3274894

I'm not sure if anyone outside the U K will be able to access it.

Thanks NBY, I missed a bit last night popping in and out of the kitchen so will see it again tonight. I remember the bit where the Doctor said her calorie intake was 18 thousand calories a day, average is 2000.......did no one try to stop her when she was a teenager????

BTW, Aren"t you clever finding this and transferring....don"t tell me how you did it, I won"t understand. Accused: the 74 stone babysitter 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 4 Jan - 10:25

I watched that last night.

Didn't her sister have 6 other kids....thank god she gave herself up but whatever happened to the poor kids...hope they didn't stay with the father as he was selling the 'sister' for money and that is why she gave herself up....not for her kids but for herself.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 4 Jan - 13:55

I wondered what happened to the children too. There were three others at the time the boy died and his mother had another one later.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down