Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was there serious police failings

+18
gillyspot
Forensicist
AnnaEsse
LJC
flower
ELI
platinum
cass
matthew
chrissie
nospinnaker
HiDeHo
duncanmac
kitti
jejune
malena stool
MaryB
Lioned
22 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Was there serious police failings - Page 3 Empty Re: Was there serious police failings

Post  platinum Thu 5 Jan - 14:45

Iris wrote:
platinum wrote:
Iris wrote:The PJ wanted to do the reconstruction one year to the day, so that the weather conditions, lighting etc would be as close as possible to the original. Only the McCann's "friends" were too busy shopping, having their hair done and playing golf to go back and participate. Now if that had been my friends, I would have been dragging them back by the hair, whether it was freshly coiffeured or not.

You seem to forget that Goncalo Amaral tells us that they PJ themselves decided not to do a reconstruction when it mattered most of all. Just after the disappearance. They didn't want to spoil people's holidays and didn't want to close air space were reasons given.

As for the later reconstruction a year later then if you had tried to drag people by the hair you would have got yourself arrested in this country. There is no way you can force people to go abroad. The friends followed the legal advice from lawyers and UK police not to go back. Most people would do what their lawyers and the UK police advise them. I know I would take legal advice very seriously. Perhaps you would just ignore it.

Just like publicising my daughter's eye defect, against advice, as a good marketing ploy. Ghouls.

ETA I have not forgotton ANYTHING, and you can suppose about me whatever you like, doesn't make it true. I suppose you'll be trying to contact me to offer me "legal advice" now.

No legal advice from me. I am not a lawyer. But when I employ lawyers or get advised by UK cops to do something I tend to take that advice. Clearly you don't.

And its funny you seem to be avoiding the most important reconstruction which the PJ refused to do because it might damage a few holidays for people. Funny that.
platinum
platinum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 224
Warning :
Was there serious police failings - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Was there serious police failings - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Was there serious police failings - Page 3 Empty Re: Was there serious police failings

Post  nospinnaker Thu 5 Jan - 14:47

I do think that publicising a unique physical characteristic of a missing child was an obvious thing to do. The PJ cannot be chastised for that.

This business about closing the airspace is a new one to me. Is it normal to close National airspace whenever someone goes missing?
nospinnaker
nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :
Was there serious police failings - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Was there serious police failings - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 5 Jan - 14:50

The only ones to blame are Kate and Gerry McCann (imo). If they would have cherished and cared for their 3 tiny children in a nurturing, responsible, and reasonable manner on that fateful holiday, there is not a doubt in my mind that little Madeleine would still be with them today....

Last edited by pennylane on Thu 5 Jan - 15:19; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 5 Jan - 14:52

nospinnaker wrote:I do think that publicising a unique physical characteristic of a missing child was an obvious thing to do. The PJ cannot be chastised for that.

This business about closing the airspace is a new one to me. Is it normal to close National airspace whenever someone goes missing?

The PJ advised them not to publicise it. Gerry thought it would be a good marketing ploy so went ahead.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Thu 5 Jan - 14:56

platinum wrote:
matthew wrote:Hi platinum,i highly doubt that gerry removed the fridge for any reason other than it was broke,i thought there were bodily fluids in the boot of the scenic & since madeleine had been missing for so long(from the alarm raised to the hire of the car) that is why the investigation came to the conclusion, that a body had been frozen/stored in refridgeration? no?

Only no body fluids were found in the boot of the car were they? Not absolutely sure about that but have it in mind that there is nothing in the actual files to back it up.

I would be grateful if someone could point me to references from the files to body fluids having been found in the car. I know a little of Gerry's blood was on the keyfob but other fluids I mean. The only references I can find are from Goncalo Amaral not from the files.

Hi platinum,the fss concluded 15/19 madeleines dna markers were found in the boot but the fss cannot tell which bodily fluid
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 5 Jan - 14:57

the failings were the mcanns and the mcanns alone - oh and their tapas buddies . they left madeline not once but more during the holiday , for what me me me time . and they then failed the twins by dumping them in the creache day after while mr swathy man was still about . big fail mcanns
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  platinum Thu 5 Jan - 15:06

nospinnaker wrote:I do think that publicising a unique physical characteristic of a missing child was an obvious thing to do. The PJ cannot be chastised for that.

Well as it was the PJ who publicised the defect first I think its a bit rich that the McCanns get criticised for it by Iris and others.

Amaral said the PJ didn't do the reconstruction because it would mean disrupting other holidaymakers and closing the airspace. Not sure if thats normal or not but thats why he said it didn't happen.
platinum
platinum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  platinum Thu 5 Jan - 15:12

matthew wrote:
platinum wrote:
matthew wrote:Hi platinum,i highly doubt that gerry removed the fridge for any reason other than it was broke,i thought there were bodily fluids in the boot of the scenic & since madeleine had been missing for so long(from the alarm raised to the hire of the car) that is why the investigation came to the conclusion, that a body had been frozen/stored in refridgeration? no?

Only no body fluids were found in the boot of the car were they? Not absolutely sure about that but have it in mind that there is nothing in the actual files to back it up.

I would be grateful if someone could point me to references from the files to body fluids having been found in the car. I know a little of Gerry's blood was on the keyfob but other fluids I mean. The only references I can find are from Goncalo Amaral not from the files.

Hi platinum,the fss concluded 15/19 madeleines dna markers were found in the boot but the fss cannot tell which bodily fluid

Do you have a link to that in the files? Because the only reference I can find in the files is to 15 out of 37 actual markers.

A complex LCN DNA result which appeared to have originated from at least three people was obtained from cellular material recovered from the luggage compartment section 286C 2007 CRL10 (2) area 2. Within the DNA profile of Madeline McCann there are 20 DNA components represented by 19 peaks on a chart. At one of the areas of DNA we routinely examine Madeleine has inherited the same DNA component from both parents; this appears therefore as 1 peak rather than 2, hence 19 rather than 20. Of these 19 components 15 are present within the result from this item; there are 37 components in total. There are 37 components because there are at least 3 contributors; but there could be up to five contributors. In my opinion therefore this result is too complex for meaningful interpretation/inclusion.

15 out of 37 would not be enough to confirm any one person anywhere as far as I know. And Lowe is very clear that no meaningful interpretation can be drawn from this.
platinum
platinum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  platinum Thu 5 Jan - 15:16

cass wrote:the failings were the mcanns and the mcanns alone - oh and their tapas buddies . they left madeline not once but more during the holiday , for what me me me time . and they then failed the twins by dumping them in the creache day after while mr swathy man was still about . big fail mcanns

That is a different matter to the one being discussed. The question of neglect was dismissed by the Prosecutor in the archival report. "the supposed but dismissed crime of exposure or abandonment".

Someone suggested the McCanns were guilty of being the ones to publicise the eye defect when in fact it was the PJ who released that information first.
platinum
platinum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 5 Jan - 15:17

cass wrote:the failings were the mcanns and the mcanns alone - oh and their tapas buddies . they left madeline not once but more during the holiday , for what me me me time . and they then failed the twins by dumping them in the creache day after while mr swathy man was still about . big fail mcanns

Exactly cass!

If their lips are moving they are lying (imo), but if you believe the McCann's ridiculous version of events re them being so far away - with balcony, swimming pools, steps, and all manner of dangers within the apartment where their three under four year old children were perilously left alone... then they are to blame. If you don't believe their ridiculous version of events.... they are up to no good, and hence are to blame. Either/or.... no matter how much waffle they try to spin in their favour.... Kate and Gerry McCann are absolutely culpable!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  platinum Thu 5 Jan - 15:20

pennylane wrote:

Exactly cass!

If their lips are moving they are lying (imo), but if you believe the McCann's ridiculous version of events re them being so far away with balcony, swimming pools, steps, and all manner of dangers within the apartment where their three under four year old children were perilously left alone... then they are to blame. If you don't believe their ridiculous version of events.... they are up to no good, and hence are to blame. Either/or.... no matter how much waffle they try to spin in their favour.... Kate and Gerry McCann are absolutely culpable!

Just a shame the Prosecutor didn't agree with you. And if every time an issue of fact is discussed you harp on about this then nobody will ever get to the actual facts. It is a fact that the Prosecutor dismissed the alleged abandoment.

It is also a fact that the PJ were the ones who refused to do the first reconstruction.

It is also a fact that it was the PJ who advertised the eye defect and yet people are blaming the McCanns.

Don't let the facts get in the way though.
platinum
platinum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 5 Jan - 15:21

platinum wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Exactly cass!

If their lips are moving they are lying (imo), but if you believe the McCann's ridiculous version of events re them being so far away with balcony, swimming pools, steps, and all manner of dangers within the apartment where their three under four year old children were perilously left alone... then they are to blame. If you don't believe their ridiculous version of events.... they are up to no good, and hence are to blame. Either/or.... no matter how much waffle they try to spin in their favour.... Kate and Gerry McCann are absolutely culpable!

Just a shame the Prosecutor didn't agree with you. And if every time an issue of fact is discussed you harp on about this then nobody will ever get to the actual facts. It is a fact that the Prosecutor dismissed the alleged abandoment.

It is also a fact that the PJ were the ones who refused to do the first reconstruction.

It is also a fact that it was the PJ who advertised the eye defect and yet people are blaming the McCanns.

Kate and Gerry McCann are responsible... FACT!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  platinum Thu 5 Jan - 15:23

pennylane wrote:
platinum wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Exactly cass!

For everything? Really?
Interesting viewpoint.

Not the view of the man who had all the evidence in his hands.

But therefore we do not possess any minimally solid and rigorous foundation in order to be able to state, with the safety that is requested, which was or were the exact and precise crime(s) that was or were practised on the person of the minor Madeleine McCann – apart from the supposed but dismissed crime of exposure or abandonment – or to hold anyone responsible over its authorship.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id136.html
platinum
platinum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 5 Jan - 15:26

platinum wrote:
pennylane wrote:
platinum wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Exactly cass!

For everything? Really?
Interesting viewpoint.

If everyone treated tiny children with such careless abandonment, the emergency services would be overrun with devastating catastrophes.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  platinum Thu 5 Jan - 15:30

pennylane wrote:
platinum wrote:
pennylane wrote:
platinum wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Exactly cass!

For everything? Really?
Interesting viewpoint.

If everyone treated tiny children with such careless abandonment, the emergency services would be overrun with devastating catastrophes.

If everyone ignored the decisions of legal authorities as you seem to be doing then the country would be in total chaos.

This is the legal decision of the man who had all the evidence in his hands.

But therefore we do not possess any minimally solid and rigorous foundation in order to be able to state, with the safety that is requested, which was or were the exact and precise crime(s) that was or were practised on the person of the minor Madeleine McCann – apart from the supposed but dismissed crime of exposure or abandonment – or to hold anyone responsible over its authorship.

platinum
platinum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 5 Jan - 15:34

platinum wrote:
pennylane wrote:
platinum wrote:
pennylane wrote:
platinum wrote:

For everything? Really?
Interesting viewpoint.

If everyone ignored the decisions of legal authorities as you seem to be doing then the country would be in total chaos.

Can you quote the couple of paragraphs before the one you have posted above? I think they might be interesting in this context.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  platinum Thu 5 Jan - 15:40

AnnaEsse wrote:
platinum wrote:
pennylane wrote:
platinum wrote:
pennylane wrote:

For everything? Really?
Interesting viewpoint.

Can you quote the couple of paragraphs before the one you have posted above? I think they might be interesting in this context.

Of course.

- Tests and analyses were performed in two of the most prestigious and credentialed institutions for this effect – the National Institute for Legal Medicine and the British lab Forensic Science Service -, whose final results did not positively value the collected residues, or corroborated the canine markings;

- Despite all of this, it was not possible to obtain any piece of evidence that would allow for a medium man, under the light of the criteria of logics, of normality and of the general rules of experience, to formulate any lucid, sensate, serious and honest conclusion about the circumstances under which the child was removed from the apartment (whether dead or alive, whether killed in a neglectful homicide or an intended homicide, whether the victim of a targeted abduction or an opportunistic abduction), nor even to produce a consistent prognosis about her destiny and inclusively – the most dramatic – to establish whether she is still alive or if she is dead, as seems more likely.

So the Prosecutor also said that the forensic results were inconclusive and that no conclusion could be made as to what happened to Madeleine as well as pointing out that the abandonment/neglect charge was looked at and dismissed.
platinum
platinum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Thu 5 Jan - 15:49

Hi platinum im referring to this i have seen

An incomplete DNA result was obtained from cellular material on the swab 3a. The swab contained very little information and showed low level indications of DNA from more than one person. However, all of the confirmed DNA components within this result match the corresponding components in the DNA profile of Madeline McCann. LCN DNA profiling is highly sensitive, it is not possible to attribute this DNA profile to a particular body fluid.

There is no evidence to support the view that Madeline McCann contributed DNA to the swab 3B.

A complex LCN DNA result which appeared to have originated from at least three people was obtained from cellular material recovered from the luggage compartment section 286C 2007 CRL10 (2) area 2. Within the DNA profile of Madeline McCann there are 20 DNA components represented by 19 peaks on a chart. At one of the areas of DNA we routinely examine Madeleine has inherited the same DNA component from both parents; this appears therefore as 1 peak rather than 2, hence 19 rather than 20. Of these 19 components 15 are present within the result from this item; there are 37 components in total. There are 37 components because there are at least 3 contributors; but there could be up to five contributors. In my opinion therefore this result is too complex for meaningful interpretation/inclusion.
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 5 Jan - 15:49

platinum wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
platinum wrote:
pennylane wrote:
platinum wrote:

For everything? Really?
Interesting viewpoint.

Of course.

- Tests and analyses were performed in two of the most prestigious and credentialed institutions for this effect – the National Institute for Legal Medicine and the British lab Forensic Science Service -, whose final results did not positively value the collected residues, or corroborated the canine markings;

- Despite all of this, it was not possible to obtain any piece of evidence that would allow for a medium man, under the light of the criteria of logics, of normality and of the general rules of experience, to formulate any lucid, sensate, serious and honest conclusion about the circumstances under which the child was removed from the apartment (whether dead or alive, whether killed in a neglectful homicide or an intended homicide, whether the victim of a targeted abduction or an opportunistic abduction), nor even to produce a consistent prognosis about her destiny and inclusively – the most dramatic – to establish whether she is still alive or if she is dead, as seems more likely.

So the Prosecutor also said that the forensic results were inconclusive and that no conclusion could be made as to what happened to Madeleine as well as pointing out that the abandonment/neglect charge was looked at and dismissed.

No conclusion reached, but a few other examples given of what could have happened.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  platinum Thu 5 Jan - 15:52

AnnaEsse wrote:
platinum wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
platinum wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Of course.

No conclusion reached, but a few other examples given of what could have happened.

Which is why an open mind is best surely? And I repeat they did dismiss the abandonment/neglect charge didn't they?
platinum
platinum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  platinum Thu 5 Jan - 15:55

matthew wrote:Hi platinum im referring to this i have seen

An incomplete DNA result was obtained from cellular material on the swab 3a. The swab contained very little information and showed low level indications of DNA from more than one person. However, all of the confirmed DNA components within this result match the corresponding components in the DNA profile of Madeline McCann. LCN DNA profiling is highly sensitive, it is not possible to attribute this DNA profile to a particular body fluid.

There is no evidence to support the view that Madeline McCann contributed DNA to the swab 3B.

Yes thats the only reference. It isn't 15 markers out of 19 but 15 out of 37.

Another interesting point is that there is no actual reference to there being any "bodily fluids" in the car as Amaral claims. It is recorded as cellular material which cannot be attributed to any particular body fluids. Interesting?
platinum
platinum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Thu 5 Jan - 16:17

It states of these 19 markers 15 are present within the result of this item...then a full stop,then it goes on about 37 components as other family(mum dad) would have but out of the 19 FIFTEEN are present...thats what i read...am i wrong?
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Thu 5 Jan - 16:19

mathew 15 out of 19 markers is enough for a conviction . but not in portugal , sure thats what i have read before ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  platinum Thu 5 Jan - 16:35

matthew wrote:It states of these 19 markers 15 are present within the result of this item...then a full stop,then it goes on about 37 components as other family(mum dad) would have but out of the 19 FIFTEEN are present...thats what i read...am i wrong?

Whether the punctuation mark is clear or not it is clear from the next paragraph that Lowe is saying that no match to Madeleine McCann can be confirmed.

What we need to consider, as scientists, is whether the match is genuine and legitimate; because Madeline has deposited DNA as a result of being in the car or whether Madeline merely appears to match the result by chance. The individual components in Madeline's profile are not unique to her, it is the specific combination of 19 components that makes her profile unique above all others. Elements of Madeline's profile are also present within the the profiles of many of the scientists here in Bimiingham, myself included. lt's important to stress that 50% of Madeline's profile will be shared with each parent. It is not possible in a mixture of more than two people, to determine or evaluate which specific DNA components pair with each other. Namely, we cannot separate the components out into 3 individual DNA profiles.

And beyond all that there is also the problem that even if a match of this tiny amount of cellular material was found there is no way it could be shown to have been direct contact with the car or cross contamination from some clothing or hair fibres on clothes or some other source.
platinum
platinum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 5 Jan - 18:23

platinum wrote:
Iris wrote:
platinum wrote:
Iris wrote:The PJ wanted to do the reconstruction one year to the day, so that the weather conditions, lighting etc would be as close as possible to the original. Only the McCann's "friends" were too busy shopping, having their hair done and playing golf to go back and participate. Now if that had been my friends, I would have been dragging them back by the hair, whether it was freshly coiffeured or not.

You seem to forget that Goncalo Amaral tells us that they PJ themselves decided not to do a reconstruction when it mattered most of all. Just after the disappearance. They didn't want to spoil people's holidays and didn't want to close air space were reasons given.

As for the later reconstruction a year later then if you had tried to drag people by the hair you would have got yourself arrested in this country. There is no way you can force people to go abroad. The friends followed the legal advice from lawyers and UK police not to go back. Most people would do what their lawyers and the UK police advise them. I know I would take legal advice very seriously. Perhaps you would just ignore it.

Just like publicising my daughter's eye defect, against advice, as a good marketing ploy. Ghouls.

ETA I have not forgotton ANYTHING, and you can suppose about me whatever you like, doesn't make it true. I suppose you'll be trying to contact me to offer me "legal advice" now.

No legal advice from me. I am not a lawyer. But when I employ lawyers or get advised by UK cops to do something I tend to take that advice. Clearly you don't.

And its funny you seem to be avoiding the most important reconstruction which the PJ refused to do because it might damage a few holidays for people. Funny that.

How the hell would you know that? Have you been hacking my lawyers' emails or something? You know nothing about me at all, so you have no right to make such a statement. And I will tell you something else, I am not one of the Tapas 9 or any of the McCann's "friends", so why would I need to "avoid" a reconstruction?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next