Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fake britain

+4
joyce1938
kitti
Lioned
chrissie
8 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Fake britain - Page 2 Empty Re: Fake britain

Post  katertaif Sun 6 Jul - 10:19

Yes Badboy, that was the figure I've heard as well, not that I have ever bought anything on e-bay because of that. I heard of one guy who is supposed to have sold his Harley Davidson 6 times. not that he had one to sell in the first place.

Funnily enough, our 12 year old Grandson 'phoned last Friday asking a favour. They still live in Middlesbrough. He had it seems bought a keyboard on e-bay for £26. from a girl in Shrewsbury Since we live 1/2 an hour away from Shrewsbury. The answer just popped out of a slot didn't it?

Granddad can go and get it. Grandma was excluded from the trip 'cos Marks and Expensives is her second home in Shrewsbury.

As it turned out it wasn't a scam and well worth the money. He had covered himself though for the price of me going to get it. Of course the fact that I paid for it and then refused to take the money of him wasn't part of the calculation was it? Oh no. Our son had business in Wrexham a couple of days later so the artful dodger now has his keyboard, and no doubt I'm getting the blame for keeping everyone up till all hours.

Having said that, as I say, you're right. If they want to scam you they will. Human nature being what it is. We make it easy for the scammers. If it seems too good to be true it probably is.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :
Fake britain - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Fake britain - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 6 Jul - 20:05

1 PERSON SAID YOU CAN RENT THIS PLACE,THERE WAS SOMEONE ALREADY THERE,PLUS IT WAS HIS MOM'S FLAT.
SOME PEOPLE DON'T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO HAVE A HONEST LIVING,ITS SEEMS SOME PAID SURVEY WEBSITES ARE SCAMS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
Fake britain - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Fake britain - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 6 Jul - 20:56

I have sold and bought stuff off Ebay and never had any problems.I bought my present car from Ebay and its the best car and bargain i have ever had.
I think you have to know what your looking for and be sensible about it.I have also heard some horror stories.Its a case of buyer beware.
I think you are just as likely to buy dangerous rubbish from your local market.

And also you can get some right crap off Amazon which for me is far more dodgy than Ebay as people think it is all legit and it aint !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 6 Jul - 22:13

A LOT OF CAR BOOT SALES ARE A BIT DODGY,OR HAVE I SAID THAT ONE BEFORE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sun 6 Jul - 22:25

Hi badboy.

You haven't said it to me before but again it comes down to if it's too good to be true it probably is.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 10 Jul - 15:02

LATEST SCAM HAPPENING IN PORTSMOUTH,YOU GO TO A ATM LOOKING TO TAKE OUT CASH ,ONLY A PLASTIC INSERT PREVENTS CASH COMING OUT OF THE MACHINE,THE SCAMMERS LATER TAKES CASH OUT.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 11 Jul - 22:07

SAW PROGRAMME ABOUT BLACKMARKET BRITAIN LAST NIGHT,MACHESTER IS WHERE 90% OF FAKES COME FROM/PRODUCED,BURY NEW ROAD IS POSSIBLE EPICENTER OF THE TRADE,LARGELY CLOTHES.
ONLY GENUINE TRADE ON THAT PART WAS A NEWSAGENT.
1 IN 4 CIGARETTES ARE FAKE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Fri 11 Jul - 23:19

Good evening badboy. Yes, I saw that documentary as well. I noticed that the vast majority of the perpetrators were Muslim. One was called Hajji signifying that he had made the pilgrimage to Makkah. You would think he would be relatively honest after that.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 11 Jul - 23:47

katertaif wrote:Good evening badboy. Yes, I saw that documentary as well. I noticed that the vast majority of the perpetrators were Muslim. One was called Hajji signifying that he had made the pilgrimage to Makkah. You would think he would be relatively honest after that.
COME TO THINK IT,THEY DID APPEAR TO BE MUSLIM/PAKISTANI
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 11 Jul - 23:52

HER'A THOUGHT,MAYBE THERE SHOULD BE A `GENUTRADE' SCHEME,WHEREBY LIKE CHECKATRADE,ONLY THOSE SELLING GENUINE PRODUCTS GET CERTIFIED.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sat 12 Jul - 9:46

Good Morning Badboy

An excellent idea, but as long as people are prepared to buy what they must know are dodgy items, what can you do? When I worked in Taif there were three large American compounds as well as ours, and quite a few lived on the air base. Whenever anyone was going on leave to the far east, they would put their orders in to have a dodgy Rolex, Dunhill, Phillpe Patek watch brought back. The standard price was 50 Riyals, or £10. Now for £10 they couldn't but know they weren't real, and certainly some of the salaries our colonial cousins were on meant they could easily afford a real one. Doubtless when they got back home, they would claim them to be real.

It was a few years later in Jeddah, I bought a car from a mechanic for Saudia airlines. Just over the road was a small shopping mall and in there was a shop stuffed full of dodgy watches, "T" shirts, perfume etc. It's big business. I remember thinking if the Yanks in Taif had known about this place?

katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 13 Jul - 16:13

BEATS ARE TO SUE CHINESE COUNTERFERFEITERS OF THEIR HEADPHONES.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 16 Jul - 12:03

WARNING;PTC WEBSITES THAT PROMISE 2$ OR MORE A CLICK ARE SCAMS,ONE COME UP WITH A WARNING BY NORTON THAT THERE THREATS ON THE WEBSITE ON WEB LISTING.
IF IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE,THEN IT PROBABLY IS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 16 Jul - 22:43

A lot of wine you buy from 'corner' shops may be fake !
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 19 Jul - 22:25

saw that second programme in the series on Thursday,THIS INVESTIGATE JOURNALIST SET UP A STALL WITH SUPPOSEDLY FAKE CIGARETTES,THEY WERRE TELLING PEOPLE THESE CIGARETTES HAVE [i]RAT DROPPINGS IN THEM ,PEOPLE STILL BROUGHT THEM[/i]
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sat 19 Jul - 22:40

Badboy wrote:saw that second programme in the series on Thursday,THIS INVESTIGATE JOURNALIST SET UP A STALL WITH SUPPOSEDLY FAKE CIGARETTES,THEY WERRE TELLING PEOPLE THESE CIGARETTES HAVE [i]RAT DROPPINGS IN THEM ,PEOPLE STILL BROUGHT THEM[/i]

Good evening Badboy

Yes, we watched that as well. I was as amazed as you that people would buy cigarettes believing them to have rat droppings or asbestos. One young girl said smoking was a risk anyway, when she was told about it. I was flabbergasted. In my naivety, I thought dodgy fags would contain a lower grade of cheaper tobacco. To have cadmium, mouldy tobacco, and the rat droppings as well is just horrendous. Personally I'd charge them with attempted murder.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 19 Jul - 23:08

Lioned wrote:A lot of wine you buy from 'corner' shops may be fake !
I wouldn't even buy vodka in some of the pubs round here :(
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 19 Jul - 23:12

katertaif wrote:
Badboy wrote:saw that second programme in the series on Thursday,THIS INVESTIGATE JOURNALIST SET UP A STALL WITH SUPPOSEDLY FAKE CIGARETTES,THEY WERRE TELLING PEOPLE THESE CIGARETTES HAVE [i]RAT DROPPINGS IN THEM ,PEOPLE STILL BROUGHT THEM[/i]

Good evening Badboy

Yes, we watched that as well. I was as amazed as you that people would buy cigarettes believing them to have rat droppings or asbestos. One young girl said smoking was a risk anyway, when she was told about it. I was flabbergasted. In my naivety, I thought dodgy fags would contain a lower grade of cheaper tobacco. To have cadmium, mouldy tobacco, and the rat droppings as well is just horrendous. Personally I'd charge them with attempted murder.
CONSIDER ALSO THAT RAT DROPPING COULD POTENTIALLY GIVE YOU WEIN'S(SP?) DISEASE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 19 Jul - 23:18

Weils disease. That's why you should never ever drink straight out of beer bottles in pubs or nightclubs. You should always pour it into a glass. Often the crates of beer are stored outside, and rats can run over the tops of the bottles and wee on them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Sat 19 Jul - 23:32

Quite right Iris yet on the soap operas, it's quite normal to see them drinking straight from the bottle. At the very least as you say, a dangerous practice one which some people who follow the soaps as Gospel could be taken in by.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 25 Jul - 0:24

A PERSON IN LUTON HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF BEING A ROGUE TRADER,HE DID REPAIR WORK ON A CHIMNEY AREA WHERE HIS WORK CAUSED A BUILTUP OF GAS POTENTIALLY CAUSING AN EXPLOSION.
THE GAS SAFE REGISTER SAY YOU SHOULD USE ONE OF THEIR MEMBERS.
I NEED AN EXPERT IS ANOTHER SOURCE OF RELIABLE TRADERS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 6 Aug - 0:19

SAW AN EPISODE OF FAKE BRITAIN  TODAY,PLENTY OF FAKE MEDICINES COMING IN
A THIRD OF LAMB CURRY IS BEEF.

Last edited by Badboy on Wed 6 Aug - 0:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : MORE INFO)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 6 Aug - 0:39

Badboy wrote:SAW AN EPISODE OF FAKE BRITAIN  TODAY,PLENTY OF FAKE MEDICINES COMING IN
A THIRD OF LAMB CURRY IS BEEF.

I saw that, also the gin made from ethanol. One glass could kill you. I don't know how the people who make this stuff can live with themselves.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 12 Aug - 15:44

LAST WEEK IT WAS TACHOGRAPHS,LORRY DRIVERS USING VARIOUS TRICKS SO THERE COULD EARN MORE MONEY DRIVING LORRIES,THERE IS THE RISK OF DRIVERS OOZING OFF.
YESTERDAY IT WAS THE IET ELECTRICIANS BIBLE,FAKE COPIES OF THESE GIVE WRONG DETAILS OF WHICH CABLES TO USE ETC.
I AM SURE THERE WAS SOMETHING ELSE MENTIONED AS WELL,MUST KEEP NOTES OF WHAT IS SAID.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 12 Aug - 16:26

I wouldn't be seen dead drinking or buying fake alcohol.

I like a glass off Cointreau and i can tell when a restaurant has watered it down..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next