Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Twibel - Writing Of The Wrongs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Twibel - Writing Of The Wrongs

Post  Autumn on Fri 6 Jan - 15:50

This is being promoted on the Official Madeleine FB Page

TWIBEL

Madeleine – Writing the Wrongs
Hashtag (#)McCann – TWIBEL
January
I thought it time to do a follow up on a previous blog article about Twitter and the wilful and intentional lies and abuse on #McCann.

http://madeleine-writingthewrongs.com/2011/02/08/hashtag-mccann-%e2%80%93-the-wilful-and-intentional-lies-and-abuse-on-twitter/

A little reminder (snippets):

“Twitter is a social networking and microblogging service that allows you answer the question, “What are you doing?” by sending short text messages 140 characters in length, called “tweets”, to your friends or “followers”. The short format of the tweet is a defining characteristic of the service, allowing informal collaboration and quick information sharing that provides relief from rising email and IM fatigue.”- Twitter.

Although twitter is regulated…. “We do not actively monitor user’s content and will not censor user content, except in limited circumstances”…, they do have the power to permanently suspend anyone’s account. Unfortunately the complaint procedure to get a person’s account suspended is not that easy and it doesn’t stop this type of person from creating another account and continuing on the road to smear and spread misinformation.

There are many people who use Twitter, not for malicious purpose but for what it is intended. To those who think they are allowed to spread lies and misinformation on the McCann case just remember that although Twitter is not monitoring you, YOU ARE still responsible and will be held accountable for your tweets.

Yes you are! May I introduce you to Twibel. Twitter + libel = Twibel. And I predict not many moons from now; it’s going to leave its mark on Twitter.

“Traditional libel is a form of defamation that occurs when

1) Words are written, broadcast, or otherwise published and

2) The communication or statement is seen by others and

3) The communication makes a claim, either expressed or implied as fact, which gives the readers a negative image of the defamed. Remember the defamed can be an individual, business, product, group, government, or even a nation”. – Keith Schrodt

http://ediscoveryinsight.com/2011/08/twitter-libel-%E2%80%9Ctwibel%E2%80%9D

On twitter those who campaign against the #McCann’s are guilty of Twibel on a daily basis. The supporters of Madeleine McCann’s parents are called; “kiddie killers”, “child neglect supporters”, “paid team mccann members”, “paid chimps”, “paid scammers”, “hired help”, linked to “fraud” and “cover up”. The Twibel directed at the McCann’s are; “#p.a.e.dophile”, “swingers”, “killers”, “fraudsters” and more, too cruel and shocking to reproduce here.

Twibelers think they are anonymous behind their keyboards. They think they are untouchable and untraceable. They forget that new legislation (currently being processed) will aid the authorities in acquiring the IP address (a code that identifies a particular computer on the internet) from whence they tweet, allowing legal action to be taken. They also forget that whatever one tweets or posts on the internet, it’s there forever. So to those who think it fun to partake in this illegal activity, take heed! We’ll see how many Twibelers will be laughing when the legislation is passed.

H.L.

ESPACIO EXTERIOR
Fact of the Fiction 1 Blog
Fact of the Fiction 2 Blog
Find Madeleine Website
Forum: Just a Thought You Know
Forum: Justice 4 All Madeleine McCann Family
Forum: PFA2
Justice for Madeleine McCann Family Blog
Madeleine Myths Exposed
Official Find Madeleine Facebook
Petition for an Independent Review of Madeleine's Case
The Hounding of the McCanns Blog
Valid XHTML
XFN
WordPress

Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Twibel - Writing Of The Wrongs

Post  Guest on Fri 6 Jan - 16:01

Good, then that should also apply to the odious Murat Fan and his libellous blog.

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic on Fri 6 Jan - 17:42

"We’ll see how many Twibelers will be laughing when the legislation is passed."

Well the legislation had better get a shift on then, otherwise events elsewhere might overtake it - and then perhaps we'll see just who was libelling who.

In fact if things don't go the McCanns' way this year there may well be plenty of McCann sceptics queuing up to make use of that legislation regarding online comments made by vicious pros and hired hands.
Some people will be laughing on the other side of their faces when that happens.

Another threat strategically timed re the approaching February debacle.

NEXT!

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse on Fri 6 Jan - 18:04

almostgothic wrote:"We’ll see how many Twibelers will be laughing when the legislation is passed."

Well the legislation had better get a shift on then, otherwise events elsewhere might overtake it - and then perhaps we'll see just who was libelling who.

In fact if things don't go the McCanns' way this year there may well be plenty of McCann sceptics queuing up to make use of that legislation regarding online comments made by vicious pros and hired hands.
Some people will be laughing on the other side of their faces when that happens.

Another threat strategically timed re the approaching February debacle.

NEXT!

The absolute carp that gets posted on a 'dark side' forum I won't name, is possibly the most libelous I have seen on an open forum. I have a look from time to time and rub my hands with glee! They're at it again! Woopee! Keep going. Dig that hole!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18466
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 6 Jan - 18:36

If things don't go their way on February, they have no idea about the size of that Pandora box. Oh no, they don't...

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret on Fri 6 Jan - 18:41

I can't understand why the Mcs ignore those who claim to support them on the internet, some of them are vile - even making death threats!

Do the Mcs really want to be associated with people like that?!

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri 6 Jan - 18:47

Perhaps it's the habit of a lunchtime?

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone on Sat 7 Jan - 7:19

Of course the Fund will be able to paay for a huge army of McCann 'Internet Police' wont they?? All armed wiith their CR guidance with a promise of a small commission if any £££££'s are harvested from any sucessful action. Nice little incentive eh?

But then again their 'Internet Police' will get innundated with 'sightings' from all the little twerps reporting anything begining with 'L' and ending in 'bel' wont they?

But who will be our internet police and libel champion??? Of course we can look out for each other and report anything relevant to Amaral or Pat Brown but who would be our CR? Would Pat Brown's lawyer fancy taking on the work as there would be plenty to harvest if TM thought they could run rampant and unchecked whilst the rest of the world was gagged.

We also would need some guidance as the law takes some picking through. I recall a reported story from the early days of making Top Gear. I think it was Jeremy Clarkson (not my bigggest fan just laterly please note) and the team that wrote a piece absolutely slating a new model of a Ford. The producer did not want to run with the story until after being taken for a ride in it when he was convinced that it was a pile of crap and agreed to run with the story.

The next thing that happened was the Beeb got a phone call from Detroit saying that there was a plane load of sharp suited lawyers on their way to London to meet with them. The meeting was, by all accounts, attended by the Producer, Clarkson himself and someone that was described to me as a 'beetle of a man', the lawyer rep from the Beeb that usually dealt with the complaints from the Ombudsman!!

The meeting started withh the sharp suited lawyers from Detroit exxplaing how they were going to sue the a**se off the Beeb, take every penny Clarkson had etc etc. Having let them have their say the 'beetle of a man' from the Beeb spoke up! He said something along the lines of - you can defame a person because the person can feel harm, you can sort of defame an organisation because the organisation can suffer harm - but you cannot defame a piece of metal on four wheels as it can neither feel or suffer any harm from what has been said about it!!

At this point apparently Clarkson stood up, lit a fag, looks at the clock and said something like - well gentleman - I think you'll find the next plane back to detroit leaves in an hours time!!

- and ever since that's how Top Gear have got around some of the risky things they seem to say on the programme - they attack the car not the makers!!

Sorry if that bored you but it was intended to make the point. Where's the analogy here??

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  platinum on Mon 9 Jan - 2:49

Claudia79 wrote:If things don't go their way on February, they have no idea about the size of that Pandora box. Oh no, they don't...

"IF things don't go their way..."

Are we not entitled to be more confident than that?

platinum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 224
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 on Mon 9 Jan - 23:15

platinum wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:If things don't go their way on February, they have no idea about the size of that Pandora box. Oh no, they don't...

"IF things don't go their way..."

Are we not entitled to be more confident than that?

You aren't telling ME what to post or how to word my own posts, are you? Naaa, thought not. After all, you're enjoying the attention here, right? And by the way, who's we?

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 14:34