Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man drowns in whisky vat

Go down

Man drowns in whisky vat Empty Man drowns in whisky vat

Post  mara thon Wed 11 Jan - 12:39

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/man-drowns-in-whisky-vat.html

A distillery employee took his own life by drowning himself in a vat of whisky.

Father-of-two Brian Ettles, 46, climbed up the 50,000-litre tank before reportedly jumping into the container known as a washback filled with water and used in the early stages of distilling at the Glenfiddich plant in Banffshire, Scotland.

Following the discovery of his body, emergency services were called to the scene on Saturday night but efforts to revive him failed.

Mr Ettles – a senior employee – had worked at the world-renowned distillery for 23 years and died the day before his wife’s 54th birthday.

Friends spoke of their shock at Mr Ettle’s suicide. Neighbour Eileen Mackenzie, 67, said: “I am just really shocked. It’s such a horrible way for someone to go and most people I have spoken to are really quite upset about it.

“He was just a young man and I have no idea what might have made him want to take his own life in such a way

Glenfiddich bosses shut the malt whisky distillery on Monday and Tuesday.

A spokesman for the firm said: “We would normally have been open but we decided to close as a mark of respect for the person who died and their family and colleagues.”

A spokesperson for Grampian Police said: “Officers called to a report of a sudden death of a 46-year-old man at an address in the Dufftown area on 7 January. There are no suspicious circumstances and as is usual in such circumstances a report will be submitted to the Procurator Fiscal in due course.”
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :
Man drowns in whisky vat Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Man drowns in whisky vat Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Man drowns in whisky vat Empty Re: Man drowns in whisky vat

Post  Guest Wed 11 Jan - 13:05

Oh dear, you can just imagine all the tasteless what a way to go jokes there will be about this story.

I know from personal experience what it's like when a family member commits suicide so I shall say no more.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down