Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian Report on Desmond Statement at Leveson Inquiry

+10
almostgothic
marxman
cass
Oldartform
Lillyofthevalley
kathybelle
ann_chovey
AnnaEsse
pennylane
malena stool
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  Empty Australian Report on Desmond Statement at Leveson Inquiry

Post  Panda Sun 15 Jan - 7:42

Courtesy of Hardlinemarxist

This Article by the Australian is quite sly . showing the McCanns coming out of Church laughing 12 days after Madeleine disappeared. Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  25346

McCanns happy with suspicion holding them responsible for Madeleine’s death

Jan

Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  Smilingfathers

The McCanns snapped on Madeleine’s fourth birthday, nine days after her alleged abduction.

THE owner of four national papers suggested yesterday that
the parents of Madeleine McCann had been happy with stories accusing
them of being responsible for her death because “it kept it on the front
page”.

Richard Desmond, owner of the Daily Express, Sunday Express, Daily
Star and Star on Sunday, was accused of “grotesque characterisation” for
playing down his papers’ mistakes during evidence to the Leveson
inquiry.

He blamed lawyers engaged by Kate and Gerry McCann for the decision
to sue over more than 100 articles published by Mr Desmond’s four
titles. Northern & Shell, Mr Desmond’s company, paid the couple
£550,000 in damages in 2008, published front-page apologies in the Daily
Express and Daily Star and acknowledged there was “no evidence
whatsoever” that the couple had killed their daughter. Mr Desmond said
yesterday: “It took them a long time to get involved in a legal dispute.
They were quite happy … (with) articles … about their poor daughter
because it kept it on the front page. I think it was only when new
lawyers came along who were working on contingency (that they sued).”

Robert Jay QC, counsel to the inquiry, interrupted him: “That’s a
grotesque characterisation. Your paper was accusing the McCanns … of
having killed their daughter. Are you seriously saying that they were
sitting there quite happy rather than entirely anguished by your papers’
bad behaviour?”

Mr Desmond compared Madeleine’s disappearance with the death of
Diana, Princess of Wales, saying both were subjects on which people
still speculated in the “bar or coffee shop”.

The Australian.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  Empty Re: Australian Report on Desmond Statement at Leveson Inquiry

Post  Guest Sun 15 Jan - 8:31

I know this pic (and others) always look bad - inappropriate - but I wonder just how many were taken before one unguarded and very brief moment stood out?

Not a fan of these people by the remotest stretch of the imagination - far from it - but reading much into (literally) a snapshot in time goes against the grain.

A pall bearer at my Mother In Law's funeral inadvertently tripped over one of those flower receptacles with a metal cover while helping move the coffin to her designated grave. Several people laughed as a natural human reaction. Obviously dour mode was immediately resumed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  Empty Re: Australian Report on Desmond Statement at Leveson Inquiry

Post  Panda Sun 15 Jan - 8:43

The End Is Nigh wrote:I know this pic (and others) always look bad - inappropriate - but I wonder just how many were taken before one unguarded and very brief moment stood out?

Not a fan of these people by the remotest stretch of the imagination - far from it - but reading much into (literally) a snapshot in time goes against the grain.

A pall bearer at my Mother In Law's funeral inadvertently tripped over one of those flower receptacles with a metal cover while helping move the coffin to her designated grave. Several people laughed as a natural human reaction. Obviously dour mode was immediately resumed.

Morning TIEN , the photo was taken on Madeleiene"s 4th Birthday, were the population of PDL advised that the McCanns would be attending the Church
at a certain time so that Residents had the flowers ready.? At that time, the McCanns had a lot of support from the residents of PDL, but since the McCanns had a key to the Church, they could have visited the Church in the evening when no one was around. It"s like the recent photo taken of them
in Amsterdam suddenly disappearing, they would probably have demanded this photo be removed had they known the repercussions.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 15 Jan - 8:46

Gerry mccanns laugh was a belly laugh.....he was not in the slightest unyhappy in that picture.

You can tell a false laugh .....you can tell by the eyes.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 15 Jan - 8:50

They WERE happy with the reporting UNTIL the STORY was NOT believed and they were made arquidos.

The 100% match in the car was the breaking point and they needed to stop the reporting and they used the...maddie sold ...parents swingers etc to do that.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 15 Jan - 8:53

The End Is Nigh wrote:I know this pic (and others) always look bad - inappropriate - but I wonder just how many were taken before one unguarded and very brief moment stood out?

I agree entirely TEIN, but there is a whole raft of photos showing them jogging and laughing, but I can't recollect seeing one where they are showing the reactions of grieving or worried parents. Their attitude after the TV interview depicting them as a grieving couple changed the instant they thought the cameras had stopped recording.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 15 Jan - 8:55

kitti wrote:They WERE happy with the reporting UNTIL the STORY was NOT believed and they were made arquidos.

The 100% match in the car was the breaking point and they needed to stop the reporting and they used the...maddie sold ...parents swingers etc to do that.

The press allowed themselves to be played like a fiddle, as Clarence Mitchell spun and wove a mountain of rubbish to hide the truth! Confusion was the name of the game, and TM are masters of confusion.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 15 Jan - 8:57

And let us not forget about GM laughing on the balcony a few days after Madeleine went missing......no pretendy laugh there.....no 'putting on' a brave face for the cameras there as he didn't even KNOW he was being filmed!!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 15 Jan - 9:01

Well, that's me told! Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  294124

But that's another facet of the farrago brought back into sharp focus, so all grist to the mill.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 15 Jan - 9:04

Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sun 15 Jan - 9:12

this is the picture that i hate madeleines birthday ,grrrr - but saying that as upsetting as i think it is more of these should apper in papers , just goes to show , tein a family member of mine died and a younger member of the family said something funny and yes we laughed at him and his innocence , so i know what you mean there , but the mcanns they know how to take a glum picture now
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 15 Jan - 9:15

re: Desmond

I suspect he's ungoadable (There's a Grauniad type word, if ever there was one), frankly.

A trait which may be the ironic saviour of the written Media when judgement day finally arrives in the Madeleine Case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 15 Jan - 9:18

I was very suprised at your post TEIN, I bet the Pros dont even like that picture everytime I look at that picture it makes me shudder, no matter whatever got their attention you do NOT react like that when a few days befor your child has been abducted and could be dead? infact the more times I see it the worse it gets, he looks delirously happy imo.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 15 Jan - 9:25

Lillyofthevalley wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2012/jan/13/richard-desmond-leveson-inquiry?newsfeed=true

Could someone be goading a certain Mr Desmond here I wonder??

Morning Lillyofthevalley........I suspect some of it is out of disdain because Desmond made his money from "Adult" Magazines. However, he was right to
criticise the PCC, at the Meeting where Max Mosely and Gerry McCann complained about the reporting of the Press, the PCC seemed indifferent and
the fact that one of the Members is/was a Newspaper Editor would hardly give the PCC credibility.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 15 Jan - 9:32

kitti wrote:They WERE happy with the reporting UNTIL the STORY was NOT believed and they were made arquidos.

Morning Kitti, yes, Kate even says in her Diary that arrangements were made to do a photoshoot for the Press.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sun 15 Jan - 9:36

If this had been a one off, I may have thought the same as you, but I have seen the McCanns laughing many times, especially on their media interviews, which can be seen on "You Tube." One of these occasions springs to mind, when the McCanns are being interviewed by Sandra Felgueiras. The subject of the interview was Eddie and Keela the two British "sniffer dogs" who had been brought over to Praia da Luz to search the McCanns apartment for clues. Sandra asked the McCanns a question about the dogs and Gerry burst out laughing and said "ask the dogs."

Don't forget you are making an excuse for the McCanns who are responsible for whatever happened to Madeleine. They admitted they didn't look for her, they told lies to save their own skins. They had lawyers in place almost immediately to defend them, should they be prosecuted for their part in Madeleine's disappearance. So "that photograph" which was taken on Madeleie's 4th birthday, only 9 days after Madeleine disappeared, was definitely not an unguarded moment. "That photograph" showed the world and his wife, exactly what type of person the McCanns were, a couple who didn't give a toss about Madeleine. If they did they would have spent every waking moment searching for her.

Regarding the incident at the funeral you attended, it is quite normal to laugh at a funeral, whether an incident like the one you witnessed occurred, or whether the vicar says something funny about the deceased person in his/her eulogy. Some people laugh with hysteria, even though they are devastated at the death of their loved ones.

Maybe I have no sense of humour, because I can't find anything funny to laugh at regarding Madeleine's disappearance. If as Kate McCann says she believes, Madeleine has been taken by a paedophile, I can only imagine what she was or still is going through as this piece of filth mauls her. She would have been going through that trauma on her 4th birthday.

If the McCanns had an ounce of decency between them, they should have used the key to the church and prayed in private. Kate McCann's mother said they weren't religious and that display outside the church, on Madeleine's 4th birthday, proved she was speaking the truth.

Last edited by kathybelle on Sun 15 Jan - 9:37; edited 1 time in total
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 15 Jan - 9:37

cass wrote:this is the picture that i hate madeleines birthday ,grrrr - but saying that as upsetting as i think it is more of these should apper in papers , just goes to show , tein a family member of mine died and a younger member of the family said something funny and yes we laughed at him and his innocence , so i know what you mean there , but the mcanns they know how to take a glum picture now

Morning Cass.....the McCanns are also selective as to which photos appear in the Press. Luckily we have Youtube to thank for showing the "other side"
of the McCanns.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 15 Jan - 9:39

I wonder if there are any photos of Doreen and Neville Lawrence laughing, in the many images from their countless public appearances over the years since Stephen was murdered.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 15 Jan - 9:39

Panda wrote:
cass wrote:this is the picture that i hate madeleines birthday ,grrrr - but saying that as upsetting as i think it is more of these should apper in papers , just goes to show , tein a family member of mine died and a younger member of the family said something funny and yes we laughed at him and his innocence , so i know what you mean there , but the mcanns they know how to take a glum picture now

Morning Cass.....the McCanns are also selective as to which photos appear in the Press. Luckily we have Youtube to thank for showing the "other side"
of the McCanns.

There's that 'Happy Talking' video!

ETA:
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 15 Jan - 10:02

Morning kathybelle

If the McCanns had an ounce of decency between them, they should have
used the key to the church and prayed in private. Kate McCann's mother
said they weren't religious and that display outside the church proved
she was speaking the truth. "

Yes, as I said, any Parents would have been unable to face anyone so soon after their daughter went missing, yet the McCanns really enjoyed the
occasion..

Talking of humour at Funerals, many years ago when I was living away from Home, an Uncle died who I was very fond of, he had a very quick wit. Anyway,
I was in the Funeral car with my Mother and an Aunt. The Funeral Cars were on the Motorway on their way to the Crematorium. My Aunt turned to my
mother and said " Mind Beattie, they have no respect for the dead these days, this car must be doing 60 mph. All I could do was laugh , much to the
disgust of my Mother and Aunt, knowing my Uncle would have laughed as well. Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Sun 15 Jan - 10:06

ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 15 Jan - 10:08

@Panda

Reminds me of the phrase "the quick and the dead"

I'll get my coat Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  284844
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 15 Jan - 10:11

ann_chovey wrote:

Thanks for that reminder ann_chovey.... I hope you are keeping all this info for when we go to Bali to write the Book. Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 15 Jan - 10:14

The End Is Nigh wrote:@Panda

Reminds me of the phrase "the quick and the dead"

I'll get my coat Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  284844

TEIN Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  23324

BTW, what"s with the new avatar, who"s the guy doing all that walking.?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sun 15 Jan - 10:30

Panda wrote:Morning kathybelle

If the McCanns had an ounce of decency between them, they should have
used the key to the church and prayed in private. Kate McCann's mother
said they weren't religious and that display outside the church proved
she was speaking the truth. "

Yes, as I said, any Parents would have been unable to face anyone so soon after their daughter went missing, yet the McCanns really enjoyed the
occasion..

Talking of humour at Funerals, many years ago when I was living away from Home, an Uncle died who I was very fond of, he had a very quick wit. Anyway,
I was in the Funeral car with my Mother and an Aunt. The Funeral Cars were on the Motorway on their way to the Crematorium. My Aunt turned to my
mother and said " Mind Beattie, they have no respect for the dead these days, this car must be doing 60 mph. All I could do was laugh , much to the
disgust of my Mother and Aunt, knowing my Uncle would have laughed as well. Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  294124

Good morning Panda, lol I would have laughed as well at that incident. I attended my cousin's funeral in November 2010, one of the funeral people was taking a box round with soil for us to throw over my cousin's coffin, when he tripped and nearly fell into the grave. We all went for a meal after the funeral and those of us who spoke about the incident all said they had trouble trying not to laugh. The incident reminded me of that comedy series with Thora Hird which was called "In Loving Memory."

I think laughing is part of the grieving process, because you look back at the happy times you've spent with your loved one and with the happy times comes the fun times you had with them.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next