Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is a pro or an anti?

+21
ELI
amber
Angelina
kitti
margaret
malena stool
chrissie
Chris
marxman
Justiceforallkids
Velvet
tigger
T4two
dutchclogs
gillyspot
flower
matthew
Oldartform
Lioned
pennylane
Autumn
25 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

What is a pro or an anti? - Page 13 Empty Re: What is a pro or an anti?

Post  kitti Thu 19 Jan - 11:14

The apt I'm talking about as well you know I am....

I stand by what I said in the beginning about you ....troll....troll...troll.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
What is a pro or an anti? - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What is a pro or an anti? - Page 13 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Thu 19 Jan - 11:14

marxman wrote:good morning jodel, just got one question
for you if you would like to provide your
insight?
What store do you hold with the use of
highly circumstancial evidence when bringing
together a case before the courts?
I'm alluding to such things as behaviours,
statements, friendly witnesses, dogs, etc;

In my experience it is extremely difficult within Judges Rules on evidence to bring a circumstantial case in the UK. I am not sure about the position in Portugal, but the Portuguese Prosecutor's statement suggests that they have a similar system there.

Although there have been murder cases with no body produced, the circumstantial evidence is usually clear and direct in any such case that has been successfully prosecuted in the UK. The law is quite clear that the burden of proof lies on the prosecution, and such a burden is not easily met by circumstantial evidence alone
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 140
Warning :
What is a pro or an anti? - Page 13 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What is a pro or an anti? - Page 13 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Thu 19 Jan - 11:16

kitti wrote:The apt I'm talking about as well you know I am....

I stand by what I said in the beginning about you ....troll....troll...troll.

Calling someone a troll is often seen by rational people as a form of abuse.

What do you mean by "The apt I'm talking about as well you know I am...."
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Thu 19 Jan - 11:19

malena stool wrote:
jodel wrote:
Iris wrote:
jodel wrote:
Iris wrote:

I thought that you had us all conveniently pigeon holed. Can't you work it out for yourself?

More abuse; no debate.

In what way, exactly, is this "abuse"?

Sarcasm- "I thought that you had us all conveniently pigeon holed."

All I have said is that I visit sites like this and find them lacking in people that give credence to an abduction and I visit sites that claim to support the McCann family but they deny credence to a homicide. Not pigeon holing- just observing the truth of the matter- the sites split into pro and anti, any site that tried to take a middle path died through rudeness and inability of each side to accept the arguments of the other side.
I find it to be a regular occurrence that most who 'visit' sites like this tend to support the McCann family and generally seem hell bent on causing disruptions on posts

I certainly do not "Support the McCann Family". I have stated specifically that I consider them as potential killers. I also consider that Madeleine may have been abducted. I can see insufficient evidence to prove that matter one way of the other. Please point out where I have "supported" the Doctors McCann.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 19 Jan - 11:20

jodel wrote:
Iris wrote:
jodel wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:Fortunately this Forum doesn't fit either of the categories you espouse, being comprised largely of a broad church of people with a wide range of views.

I still don't understand why it appears de rigeur to polarise by generalisation.

Perhaps you can point me toward the posters here who believe that Madeleine was abducted by strangers. They are as rare as posters on Pro forums who admit the possibility of child killing by the McCanns. Both Hen's teeth quantities.

I thought that you had us all conveniently pigeon holed. Can't you work it out for yourself?

More abuse; no debate.

Abuse? Why are you desperate to be a victim?
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Thu 19 Jan - 11:29

Off topic post deleted. People are quite capable of finding threads they haven't read.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Thu 19 Jan - 11:32

[quote="AnnaEsse"]
jodel wrote:

Off topic post deleted. People are quite capable of finding threads they haven't read.

As i said, this also happens on Pro sites- polls showing them to be mainly of one view are also kicked into the long grass.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 19 Jan - 11:33

margaret wrote:
jodel wrote:
Iris wrote:
jodel wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:Fortunately this Forum doesn't fit either of the categories you espouse, being comprised largely of a broad church of people with a wide range of views.

I still don't understand why it appears de rigeur to polarise by generalisation.

Perhaps you can point me toward the posters here who believe that Madeleine was abducted by strangers. They are as rare as posters on Pro forums who admit the possibility of child killing by the McCanns. Both Hen's teeth quantities.

More abuse; no debate.

Abuse? Why are you desperate to be a victim?

From my point of view, repeatedly polarising people into generalised "camps" is a form of abuse. It's discourteous as it implies most contributing individuals are incapable of rational thought of their own. Insidious is a good word.

Last edited by The End Is Nigh on Thu 19 Jan - 11:34; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 19 Jan - 11:33

jodel wrote:
Iris wrote:
jodel wrote:
Iris wrote:
jodel wrote:

More abuse; no debate.

All I have said is that I visit sites like this and find them lacking in people that give credence to an abduction and I visit sites that claim to support the McCann family but they deny credence to a homicide. Not pigeon holing- just observing the truth of the matter- the sites split into pro and anti, any site that tried to take a middle path died through rudeness and inability of each side to accept the arguments of the other side.

How do you know I am being sarcastic, because actually that is a genuine observation, based on your earlier posts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 19 Jan - 11:33

[quote="jodel"]
AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:

As i said, this also happens on Pro sites- polls showing them to be mainly of one view are also kicked into the long grass.

Yada yada. I don't give a whatsit what you think about the moderation here.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Thu 19 Jan - 11:35

[quote="AnnaEsse"]
jodel wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:

It is just interesting how the sites used by each camp have very similar methods of dealing with people who steer a middle way.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 19 Jan - 11:36

[quote="jodel"]
AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:

It is just interesting how the sites used by each camp have very similar methods of dealing with people who steer a middle way.

I do hope, that in the interests of balance, you are registering with a 'pro,' site and telling them this. I think they should know.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Thu 19 Jan - 11:36

[quote="AnnaEsse"]
jodel wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:

There's rude!
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 19 Jan - 11:37

[quote="AnnaEsse"]
jodel wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:

To be frank, I think you give people a great deal of latitude, which is a good thing - not censorship, but trying to promote discussion with nothing more than a light touch regarding breaches of rules or of decent behaviour.

Trouble is, there will always be people who take the inch they are given and stretch it way beyond the mile.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Thu 19 Jan - 11:38

It is worth noting that when I carried out a similar poll on a pro site that insisted it was evenly balanced, all the votes cast were for the abduction definite or likely option.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 19 Jan - 11:39

[quote="jodel"]
AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:

Why do you persist in polarising people into two camps?

You claim to be in a different place, so why cannot everyone else find their own place in the vast spectrum between the poles?

Bizarre.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 19 Jan - 11:40

[quote="The End Is Nigh"]
AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:

To be frank, I think you give people a great deal of latitude, which is a good thing - not censorship, but trying to promote discussion with nothing more than a light touch regarding breaches of rules or of decent behaviour.

Trouble is, there will always be people who take the inch they are given and stretch it way beyond the mile.

There was a rumour on Twitter that I had banned someone for being a 'boring f*cker,' but I couldn't respond to that because rules of confidentiality forbid me from stating why any particular 'boring f*cker,' was banned.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Thu 19 Jan - 11:41

[quote="The End Is Nigh"]
jodel wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

You claim to be in a different place, so why cannot everyone else find their own place in the vast spectrum between the poles?

Bizarre.

Yet when the mods suggest I test the water, I post a poll and it is booted away. I suspect that if people do find it and vote that it will demonstrate that there truly is polarisation here as there is on Pro sites- they too deny it.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Thu 19 Jan - 11:41

[quote="AnnaEsse"]
The End Is Nigh wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

There was a rumour on Twitter that I had banned someone for being a 'boring f*cker,' but I couldn't respond to that because rules of confidentiality forbid me from stating why any particular 'boring f*cker,' was banned.

When was that. I never read twitter- it is a time thief.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Thu 19 Jan - 11:42

[quote="jodel"]
AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:

What's the middle way in this case? On the one hand there is a claim there was an abduction, on the other a claim something more untoward happened. What is in the middle that you believe?
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 19 Jan - 11:43

[quote="jodel"]
The End Is Nigh wrote:
jodel wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
jodel wrote:

Bizarre.

Yet when the mods suggest I test the water, I post a poll and it is booted away. I suspect that if people do find it and vote that it will demonstrate that there truly is polarisation here as there is on Pro sites- they too deny it.

Enough of this whinging! I'm sick of your claiming victim status. Stick to the topic, accept moderator decision or clear off!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 19 Jan - 11:43

Jodel, you seem to know a lot about nothing...

As I said before.....pros always latch onto the dogs and the DNA there is a fine line between guilt and innocence

There was a body in apt 5a....know one died BEFORE the maccans rented the apt and KNOWONE died AFTER the maccanns left the apt...the dogs indicated to cadaver....there is a child missing...so unless the mysterious abductor in less than 5 minutes got in, killed the child, left through the window with the dead child then what other conclusion are we to come up with and what conclusion are to come up with regarding the clothes...we will leave the car out off it because you seem to think it is inconclusive....you must have some thought on how it got there.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 19 Jan - 11:44

@jodel

I just don't agree with you.

Simply repeating the rather meaningless words (in the context of rational debate) Pro and Anti does not somehow render such polarisation valid.

You claim to be neither Pro nor Anti, so why is nobody else allowed to hold that same superficially sensible view?

Last edited by The End Is Nigh on Thu 19 Jan - 11:46; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 19 Jan - 11:44

jodel wrote:
malena stool wrote:
jodel wrote:
Iris wrote:
jodel wrote:

More abuse; no debate.

I find it to be a regular occurrence that most who 'visit' sites like this tend to support the McCann family and generally seem hell bent on causing disruptions on posts

I certainly do not "Support the McCann Family". I have stated specifically that I consider them as potential killers. I also consider that Madeleine may have been abducted. I can see insufficient evidence to prove that matter one way of the other. Please point out where I have "supported" the Doctors McCann.
Any disruption to this or any forum which seeks the truth of Madeleine's disappearance before defending the neglect of her parents will by default show support for the McCanns.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 19 Jan - 11:45

Jodel a poll was already done ....go Look for yourself.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next