Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Trial

+20
AnnaEsse
gillyspot
kitti
Lillyofthevalley
Chris
matthew
Loveday
kathybelle
Carolina
whatsupdoc
ShabbyTiger
jay2001
Oldartform
NoStone
margaret
marxman
Annabel
Bobsy
frencheuropean
Keela
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Trial - Page 2 Empty Re: The Trial

Post  tanszi Fri 20 Jan - 10:00

Claudia 79 would know if it is postponed. If she says it is, its good enough for me.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
The Trial - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Trial - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Fri 20 Jan - 10:01

didn't G Amaral state somewhere that he was willing
and welcomed the opportunity to be witness for the
current SY investigation?
maybe, as a potential witness it has been decided
that all legal actions should be put on ice?
This may be a positive step. hope so.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :
The Trial - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Trial - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Fri 20 Jan - 10:47

marxman wrote:didn't G Amaral state somewhere that he was willing

Very, very interesting!

Agree with Tanszi too, Claudia's on the ball. The Trial - Page 2 849426

I bet the dark side are frantically weaving stories....
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Fri 20 Jan - 10:49

kathybelle wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:It has been postponed.

Until there is proof that the case has been postponed, I'm going along the lines that it is a rumour, started by a McCann fan. If there is a regular poster on here, who is a Portuguese citizen, maybe they can provide proof that the case has been postponed. I'm sure the information will be in one of the Portuguese newspapers, if the case has been postponed.

The case has been postponed, believe me, it is no rumour. The judges obviously accepted Gonçalo Amaral's request for a postponement, so that his lawyer can become fully acquainted with the case. There is no mystery and if the pros want to make it something that it isn't than let them.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Fri 20 Jan - 11:32

marxman wrote:didn't G Amaral state somewhere that he was willing

I would have thought it goes without saying that SY would be liaising with all the PJ officers in the case especially the co-ordinator GA.

I did wonder how GA was going to attend both trials as I think they were scheduled for exactly the same day, the 9th.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Fri 20 Jan - 12:06

Annabel wrote:
Bobsy wrote:I have just read on another forum that Martin Blunts sky blog says the trial is to be in April. Sorry I cannot give you a link, maybe someone knows how to get to the blog?

http://blogs.news.sky.com/lifeofcrime/Post:027e6ec3-2db5-4452-8b0c-5717ea25e8c9

One of the comments was: "Recon to take place in April."
But the message has gone now!

Staging and filming his own recon might well give Amaral all he needs to show that staging had taken place (perhaps with the help of Pat Brown who has a similar interest in discrediting the abduction theory). Remember Amaral does not have to turn up in court with the body, simply enough to definatively discredit a substantive part of the McC's 'thesis'. I seem to remember an animated video of a reconstruction at some point around the release of Amaral's book or is it in his film?? Sorry I have not looked at that for a while.
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 14:09

kathybelle wrote:

Until there is proof that the case has been postponed, I'm going along the lines that it is a rumour, started by a McCann fan. If there is a regular poster on here, who is a Portuguese citizen, maybe they can provide proof that the case has been postponed. I'm sure the information will be in one of the Portuguese newspapers, if the case has been postponed.

I confirmed it with GA. If you still don't want to believe it, then it's ok with me.

ETA: Proud Portuguese citizen here.

Last edited by Claudia79 on Fri 20 Jan - 14:12; edited 1 time in total
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 14:11

Thanks, Tanszi and Margaret.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Fri 20 Jan - 14:36

Claudia79 wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

I confirmed it with GA. If you still don't want to believe it, then it's ok with me.

Claudia - did he tell you the exact date in April - I assume it has been re-set, not just an unknown date in April?

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 15:10

Oldartform wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

Claudia - did he tell you the exact date in April - I assume it has been re-set, not just an unknown date in April?

No. And I didn't ask, to be honest. Just confirmed it had been postponed. And knowing how things work, it wouldn't be much use confirming a new date because trials get postponed all the time for all the possible reasons.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Fri 20 Jan - 17:49

Claudia79 wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

To be fair to me Claudia I didn't know you were Portuguese and in my previous post, I did say if there was a Portuguese poster on here, maybe they could say if it was true. Also when I made my post, it was after I saw your post, where you just said it's been postponed. You have now said you confirmed with G.A. who I presume is Goncalo Amaral, well why on earth didn't you say that in the first place. I am not the only poster who has questioned whether the case was postponed or not.

By the way Claudia there is nothing wrong in asking for links to be put on here. Some of my posts are questioned and while I will try to put links on here, to prove that what I have said is true, I don't always manage it. I don't understand why you have added Proud Portuguese citizen, maybe you have been offended because I questioned the authenticity of the postponement of the case.

For what it's worth I am proud to be British most of the time, but when I see someone being unfairly treated by the British justice system, I feel ashamed to be British.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 18:21

kathybelle wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

To be fair to me Claudia I didn't know you were Portuguese and in my previous post, I did say if there was a Portuguese poster on here, maybe they could say if it was true. Also when I made my post, it was after I saw your post, where you just said it's been postponed. You have now said you confirmed with G.A. who I presume is Goncalo Amaral, well why on earth didn't you say that in the first place. I am not the only poster who has questioned whether the case was postponed or not.

By the way Claudia there is nothing wrong in asking for links to be put on here. Some of my posts are questioned and while I will try to put links on here, to prove that what I have said is true, I don't always manage it. I don't understand why you have added Proud Portuguese citizen, maybe you have been offended because I questioned the authenticity of the postponement of the case.

For what it's worth I am proud to be British most of the time, but when I see someone being unfairly treated by the British justice system, I feel ashamed to be British.

I don't have to say how I know things and sometimes I can't even say it. People believe me or not. It's simple. But I'm known for not lying. As for links, sorry, I don't have links to my personal conversations. And even if I had them, I wouldn't post them, obviously.
I wasn't offended by anything. You clearly didn't know I was Portuguese so I wanted to make it clear. Why proud? Because I'm always proud of my nationality. Even when I have things to criticise (and I do), I'm still proud. It's not the country's or the nationality's fault.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Fri 20 Jan - 19:00

I think we are all very disappointed by the postponement and hope that Dr Amaral's new lawyer will be up to speed soon. It worries me that his previous lawyer is no longer representing him and I hope there are no sinister reasons. Wonder if Pat Brown will still go to PDL ? So many questions and I realise we're not privy to all info and that is quite right because tm must get lots of insight from all the forums etc on the net. Forewarned is forearmed as they say!

Anyway if the case goes ahead in April or whenever as long as truth and justice happens it will be worth the wait. And if Dr Amaral has the right result from his case with the 'eccentric' lawyer things might finally go in his favour. Don't expect the xenophobic UK media to mention it unless things go pearshaped.

Sorry my glass is half empty today!
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  ShabbyTiger Fri 20 Jan - 19:02

kathybelle wrote:

This post is unfair to Claudia... Claudia brings us valuable news from Portugal. No need for this post.
ShabbyTiger
ShabbyTiger
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  ShabbyTiger Fri 20 Jan - 19:04

jay2001 wrote:I think we are all very disappointed by the postponement and hope that Dr Amaral's new lawyer will be up to speed soon. It worries me that his previous lawyer is no longer representing him and I hope there are no sinister reasons. Wonder if Pat Brown will still go to PDL ? So many questions and I realise we're not privy to all info and that is quite right because tm must get lots of insight from all the forums etc on the net. Forewarned is forearmed as they say!

Anyway if the case goes ahead in April or whenever as long as truth and justice happens it will be worth the wait. And if Dr Amaral has the right result from his case with the 'eccentric' lawyer things might finally go in his favour. Don't expect the xenophobic UK media to mention it unless things go pearshaped.

Sorry my glass is half empty today!

Excellent summary of just how I feel at the mo, Jay! I was hoping to see Sir Gerry get his ass whupped next month.... will have to wait til April now :-(
ShabbyTiger
ShabbyTiger
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Fri 20 Jan - 19:13

ShabbyTiger wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

This post is unfair to Claudia... Claudia brings us valuable news from Portugal. No need for this post.

Can you please show me what is unfair about my post Shabby Tiger? I haven't come on here to cause trouble, I questioned the authenticity of the postponing of the case and in another post, I asked if a Portuguese poster could tell us if it was true or not and maybe provide links. What is wrong with that?

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Fri 20 Jan - 19:19

Many thanks for confirming the date of the libel trial being put back, Claudia79. We are very lucky to have your help with your finger on the pulse so to speak. The Trial - Page 2 25346

There is a lot of info for a new lawyer to take in so we will just have to sit back for the extra months and give our pc's a spring clean before the action kicks off. The Trial - Page 2 25346

There are many, many people on Twitter following the Madeleine case and I know there are many spread across the various fora who I am in touch with so I have passed on this news via Twitter...hope this is ok.

whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 19:23

ShabbyTiger wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

Thanks, ShabbyTiger. But I'm thick-skinned. The Trial - Page 2 294124
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 19:23

whatsupdoc wrote:Many thanks for confirming the date of the libel trial being put back, Claudia79. We are very lucky to have your help with your finger on the pulse so to speak. The Trial - Page 2 25346

There is a lot of info for a new lawyer to take in so we will just have to sit back for the extra months and give our pc's a spring clean before the action kicks off. The Trial - Page 2 25346

There are many, many people on Twitter following the Madeleine case and I know there are many spread across the various fora who I am in touch with so I have passed on this news via Twitter...hope this is ok.

You are very welcome. Sure. No problem.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loveday Fri 20 Jan - 19:25

Gutted. WTF is going on? Bet Pat cancels now too. Pros are going to love this.
Loveday
Loveday
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 300
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 19:30

People seem to be taking this postponement very seriously and I think that's because we live in different realities re legal matters. Dozens of postponements happen in this country everyday. It's more than natural. Annoying but so common it isn't even news. Several people emailed me to ask for information re the trial. When would it be, where, where they could stay, etc. I always replied telling people to be aware that things could change at the last minute. This postponement was actually decided quite before the date the trial was supposed to happen. Wouldn't be admired if there were more postponements for whichever reason (GA's side, McCann's side, lawyers' issues or things related to the trial itself.) Anyone living in this country for a couple of years know how these things (don't) work.

Last edited by Claudia79 on Fri 20 Jan - 19:50; edited 1 time in total
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 19:31

Loveday wrote:Gutted. WTF is going on? Bet Pat cancels now too. Pros are going to love this.

Why are you gutted and why would they love this?
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loveday Fri 20 Jan - 19:41

Claudia79 wrote:
Loveday wrote:Gutted. WTF is going on? Bet Pat cancels now too. Pros are going to love this.

Why are you gutted and why would they love this?

Well it's human nature isn't it. One anticipates something and is disappointed at any impediment or reprieve.

The pros will see it as an indication of weakness, retreat or lack of preparation. And they won't give a toss if it's commonplace in Portugal or not.
Loveday
Loveday
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 300
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Fri 20 Jan - 19:42

I remember all the assumptions and rumours and stress when the book ban hearing postponed because GA's lawyer was quarantined due to the bird flu. It was nothing.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 20 Jan - 19:43

Claudia79 wrote:People seem to be taking this postponement very seriously and I think that's because we live in different realities re legal matters. Dozens of postponements happens in this country everyday. It's more than natural. Annoying but so common it isn't even news. Several people emailed me to ask for information re the trial. When would it be, where, where they could stay, etc. I always replied telling people to be aware that things could change at the last minute. This postponement was actually decided quite before the date the trial was supposed to happen. Wouldn't be admired if there were more postponements for whichever reason (GA's side, McCann's side, lawyers' issues or things related to the trial itself.) Anyone living in this country for a couple of years know how these things (don't) work.

Thank you Claudia. I see no reason why anyone should be taking this as something unusual or negative, from what you have said.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next