Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Trial

+20
AnnaEsse
gillyspot
kitti
Lillyofthevalley
Chris
matthew
Loveday
kathybelle
Carolina
whatsupdoc
ShabbyTiger
jay2001
Oldartform
NoStone
margaret
marxman
Annabel
Bobsy
frencheuropean
Keela
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Trial - Page 4 Empty Re: The Trial

Post  kitti Fri 20 Jan - 22:23

Have you noticed that there doesn't seem to be any beeeeeks in supermarkets anymore....I wonder if they are still selling.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
The Trial - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Trial - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 20 Jan - 22:28

kitti wrote:Have you noticed that there doesn't seem to be any beeeeeks in supermarkets anymore....I wonder if they are still selling.

I haven't seen one anywhere for a long time.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
The Trial - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Trial - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 22:29

It's probably because they sold them all and the 'factory' is making thousands more as we speak (write!).
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 20 Jan - 22:39

Claudia79 wrote:It's probably because they sold them all and the 'factory' is making thousands more as we speak (write!).

They must be. For the paperback, this is what is available on Amazon:

12 used from £7.13

And rank?

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 110,634 in Books

Harcover:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,183 in Books
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 20 Jan - 22:40

AnnaEsse wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:It's probably because they sold them all and the 'factory' is making thousands more as we speak (write!).

They must be. For the paperback, this is what is available on Amazon:

12 used from £7.13

And rank?

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 110,634 in Books

Harcover:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,183 in Books

The Trial - Page 4 294124
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Fri 20 Jan - 22:46

So not in the top 18 of their book sales then?

Wonder why that would be - was it because it was in the wrong section? It was in "non" fiction wasn't it? The Trial - Page 4 294124
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 20 Jan - 22:48

gillyspot wrote:So not in the top 18 of their book sales then?

Wonder why that would be - was it because it was in the wrong section? It was in "non" fiction wasn't it? The Trial - Page 4 294124

Maybe someone's garage was full of the hardbacks! The Trial - Page 4 294124
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Fri 20 Jan - 23:03

Possibly true (how big is Kate's garage?) The Trial - Page 4 25346 but what is clear is that all K & G McCann want is the "greenbacks" - MONEY!
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 21 Jan - 7:13

gillyspot wrote:Possibly true (how big is Kate's garage?) The Trial - Page 4 25346 but what is clear is that all K & G McCann want is the "greenbacks" - MONEY!

Well, not much of that is being made off the paperback, which doesn't look like it's being reprinted anytime soon! I've never seen the paperback in any of the stores; at least not prominently displayed.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Sat 21 Jan - 8:26

The End Is Nigh wrote:
Loveday wrote:Gutted. WTF is going on? Bet Pat cancels now too. Pros are going to love this.

Really? This is perfectly routine, shifting Court Hearings for all sorts of logistical and administrative reasons.

My comments caused the initial concerns on this thread and there was never any intention to have a go at Portugal or our Portuguese friends. I too am frustrated that the trial has been postponed. My original concern surrounded how GA should suddenly decide, a matter of weeks before the trial that his former lawyer know lives too far away, when we know how critical the British have been about the efficiency of the PJ. Legal representation travel the length and breath of the country to represent their clients, that is what they get paid to do, I do not understand what logistics has got to do with it. If GA had merely came out and said he was not happy with the standard or quality of his representation then that is sometning completely different.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 21 Jan - 9:04

I shouldn't have thought that any party to a Civil Case would think it important to notify the world at large of the precise reason or reasons for seeking a postponement. Whilst there is a great deal of interest from the public in anything at all that impinges upon Madeleine's disappearance and subsequent events (possibly prior events too), the Libel Case is a matter for GA and Healy/McCann, not a true Public Interest (with capital letters!) matter.

So just because we want to delve into it doesn't mean GA has to reciprocate by telling us the state of play prior to whenever the Hearing may finally occur.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 21 Jan - 11:40

The End Is Nigh wrote:I shouldn't have thought that any party to a Civil Case would think it important to notify the world at large of the precise reason or reasons for seeking a postponement. Whilst there is a great deal of interest from the public in anything at all that impinges upon Madeleine's disappearance and subsequent events (possibly prior events too), the Libel Case is a matter for GA and Healy/McCann, not a true Public Interest (with capital letters!) matter.

So just because we want to delve into it doesn't mean GA has to reciprocate by telling us the state of play prior to whenever the Hearing may finally occur.

My thoughts exactly when I first heard the news, TEIN. The Trial - Page 4 Icon_flower

TM are playing a very treacherous and dirty game, and have been doing so from the get go. Goncalo Amaral must continue to keep his cards very close to his chest.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 21 Jan - 15:46

Pennyland and TEIN, i agree with both your posts. It needs to be remembered that the first successful strike by the McCs was done in secret, there was no fanfare about the civil case then. they were emboldened by this success and told about it, imo they only reported the appeal because they felt sure they would win. the McCs are proceeding with the civil libel case so i dont see why there would be any concern because Amaral apparently asked and got a postponement, we dont need to know the reasons why. It happens all the time in the UK. jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Sat 28 Jan - 18:00

I confirmed it with GA. If you still don't want to believe it, then it's ok with me.

ETA: Proud Portuguese citizen here.

If you have so much confidence in the Portuguese legal system, can you confirm the progress on the court ruling that the Macs lawyer were to return Mr Amarals books. To date they have not been returned IIRC
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 28 Jan - 23:40

duncanmac wrote:
I confirmed it with GA. If you still don't want to believe it, then it's ok with me.

ETA: Proud Portuguese citizen here.

If you have so much confidence in the Portuguese legal system, can you confirm the progress on the court ruling that the Macs lawyer were to return Mr Amarals books. To date they have not been returned IIRC

Who said I have 'so much confidence in the Portuguese legal system'?
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4