Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts

+14
Karen
Annabel
the slave
Wintabells
pennylane
Panda
HiDeHo
Lillyofthevalley
Angelina
jinvta
frencheuropean
tanszi
Loopdaloop
T4two
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 Empty The McCann twins - part 2

Post  Guest Sun 22 Jan - 10:51

Tigger - here's a link to a Daily Mail story which has the photo in the kiosk. I was under the impression that it was taken in PDL but according to this story anyway it was actually taken locally to the McCanns' home.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/5sep7/MAIL2-13-09-07.htm

The photo underneath that one with Kate and Amelie is interesting. It's presumably taken within a day of the other one but check out Amelie's hair - it looks much lighter and is long enough to be in bunches!

Last edited by Not Born Yesterday on Sun 22 Jan - 19:04; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 Empty Re: A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts

Post  Annabel Sun 22 Jan - 10:56

A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 MAIL-13-09-07-MCCANNS
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sun 22 Jan - 11:48

How could anyone look that happy after such a short time? Obviously life goes on but I'd be sad thinking there should be 5 in the picture A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 389741
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :
A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 22 Jan - 11:53

[quote="Not Born Yesterday"]Tigger - here's a link to a Daily Mail story which has the photo in the kiosk. I was under the impression that it was taken in PDL but according to this story anyway it was actually taken locally to the McCanns' home.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/5sep7/MAIL2-13-09-07.htm

The photo underneath that one with Kate and Amelie is interesting. It's presumably taken within a day of the other one but check out Amelie's hair - it looks much lighter and is long enough to be in bunches!
[/quote

Thanks NBY.......that"s the one.!! I always thought it was taken before the PDL Holiday as well and didn"t realise the boy is not Sean.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 22 Jan - 12:35

Panda: this one in the kiosk is definitely supposed to be of both twins and I'm inclined to think that it is. There are other photos though where I'm not convinced, particularly this one claimed to be taken in Donegal in April 2007.

http://gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/family.jpg

Perhaps someone could post the two side by side for comparison; many thanks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 22 Jan - 12:52

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Panda: this one in the kiosk is definitely supposed to be of both twins and I'm inclined to think that it is. There are other photos though where I'm not convinced, particularly this one claimed to be taken in Donegal in April 2007.

Yes NBY I agree.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 22 Jan - 12:56

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Panda: this one in the kiosk is definitely supposed to be of both twins and I'm inclined to think that it is. There are other photos though where I'm not convinced, particularly this one claimed to be taken in Donegal in April 2007.

If that is taken at the latest in october 2007 (the clothing suggests summer to me and that makes the photograph summer 07 when they were in Portugal - again impossible to have such a photograph taken there. They took care to look miserable in all photoshoots) it could at a stretch be the twins, in fact the girl in the punch and judy does have bunches and looks like Amelie Kate is towing along in the other one. Which must have been taken in the UK.
I know there's red hair in the family - Gerry must have been dyeing his since his teens, he had bright red hair. Sean has been blond right up to the last moment they left Portugal, how can he have gone red so quickly? Besides, their happy smile wasn't part of the image they were putting across at the time.
Totally unrelated but she has terrible dress sense, it's good to be slim, but she looks as if she's dressed in the dark half the time. Gerry, why does he seem to think he's attractive, that sloping forehead, that mean little mouth....

I know, you may all be right, this isn't really important anyway, but it simply doesn't look right to me. Not photoshopped in any case, for a change.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sun 22 Jan - 12:58

A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 FamilyA TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 MAIL-13-09-07-MCCANNS
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 22 Jan - 13:00

Couldn't get them side by side with enough clarity for comparison. Hope this helps!

A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 MAIL-13-09-07-MCCANNSA TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 Donegal-1
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 22 Jan - 13:04

Thanks Annabel and AnnaEsse.......yes they are definitely pictures taken at different years. The twins in the Kiosk look much younger.

Doesn"t it break your heart to see the picture of Madeleine looking shy with her siblings and Cousins.!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 Empty Confusing photos

Post  Guest Sun 22 Jan - 13:16

It has been confirmed elsewhere that the Donegal photo was published in an Irish newspaper in May 2007 to back up the story that the family had been there shortly before the fateful holiday. So it's not a case of the twins pictured some time later with Madeleine photo-shopped in.

I know it sounds mad (but so are a lot of things about this case) but to me the children in the Donegal photo are not the same as those in the kiosk and it's not just a question of a difference in ages. Why it was thought necessary to try and make us believe that the McCanns went to Donegal I really don't know.

P.S. To add to the puzzle, here's a picture of the cousins a year later but looking younger than before. I wish I could do that!

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/z/z%20(8).jpg

Last edited by Not Born Yesterday on Sun 22 Jan - 13:23; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 22 Jan - 13:21

The children picture on the beech, make the older cousin/boy too old to be in the one in the P&J picture, imo the P&J picture is the twins those children faces are too alike for it not to be.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 22 Jan - 13:25

Thanks, no I still don't make it Sean in the kiosk. Face just seems totally different, ears somewhat larger.
The Donegal photo has Maddie's head pasted on, the more you blow it up, you can see several blur marks, head wrongly positioned on the neck, quite impossible, and the body is hardly any larger than Sean's , that's why he looks too big, took me ages to work out its wasn't Sean who was so much larger in Donegal than in PdL, but Maddie who was too small.

The cousin does look way too big to be in the kiosk. Well, maybe there is yet another red haired child around?
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 22 Jan - 13:32

In the Kiosk picture the boys face is older, look closely at the face in the Donegal picture he looks more babyish
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 22 Jan - 13:42

Not Born Yesterday wrote:It has been confirmed elsewhere that the Donegal photo was published in an Irish newspaper in May 2007 to back up the story that the family had been there shortly before the fateful holiday. So it's not a case of the twins pictured some time later with Madeleine photo-shopped in.

I know it sounds mad (but so are a lot of things about this case) but to me the children in the Donegal photo are not the same as those in the kiosk and it's not just a question of a difference in ages. Why it was thought necessary to try and make us believe that the McCanns went to Donegal I really don't know.

P.S. To add to the puzzle, here's a picture of the cousins a year later but looking younger than before. I wish I could do that!

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/z/z%20(8).jpg

There is a long topic on JillHavern on the Donegal trip. Nothing really fits, both photographs allegedly taken there have imo Maddie's head pasted in on the body of a younger child who is hardly any older than Sean.
So the confusion lies with the fact that Sean looks too big, but imo it's Maddie's body that's too small.
Head is positioned wrongly on the body in the rock photo (if you blow it up it gets clearer and clearer) another give-away in pasting jobs is that the person in question doesn't seem to take part in the same event. Maddie is looking down, Amelie is scrunched because of her cousin leaning on her, but all three others are looking at the camera.
In the ice cream photo, Maddie is holding the ice-cream at the brittle tip, right in front of her face. It's impossible, the ice-cream would break and fall either in her face or on her lap, it looks as if only two fingers are on the cone, once again, she is not looking at the camera and the others are.

Imo, the whole Donegal thing, it was in the Belfast Telegraph on the 8th! was to tell us they were there at Easter. Which makes me think they weren't. Zaival Beach: a waiter said he saw them there at Easter. Were they in Portugal?
It was supposed to be a family reunion, 26 -47 people there, where are they?
They were supposed to have close links with Donegal, it was Kate and Gerry's first visit ever! And so on.
Then there's the fact the the Irish are generous people, a lot of money was collected very quickly. To my great satisfaction, some 25.000 euros were held back in an account because the organizers found the money wasn't being spent on finding Maddie. Good for them!
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sun 22 Jan - 13:52

The same jacket from Amelie:

A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 10VOLUMEXaPage2562
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  HiDeHo Sun 22 Jan - 13:57

Hope this helps, though personally I see no discrepancy.

A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 AmelieComparison-MadeleineMcCann

A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 SeanComparison-MadeleineMcCann
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 22 Jan - 15:16

As I said, the children in the Kiosk are younger than those supposedly in Donegal. Probably taken the year before somewhere else. Thanks Hidiho A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 22 Jan - 15:43

Hi Annabel,
Yes, thanks for the jacket Eagle eye! No problem for me because I'm sure that the Donegal photos show Amelie and Sean and their cousins. Just absolutely not convinced Maddie was there.
Neither am I convinced that they were there for the whole of Easter. It's only a hop across the sea, wouldn't take any time at all.

Must say that's a very different face for Sean in the kiosk, but if it is Sean, doesn't really bother me either. Just that they are both grinning madly, photo must have been taken then sometime between mid September and end October 07. Never seen them smiling on purpose they've been so careful to look sad and drooping.

I know that the photoshopping of the Donegal ones must have been very early on, but bear in mind that the poster girl was definitely photo shopped and ready to go on the night of the 3rd. Which means to me that it was done before that date.The thick walls under her eyes were bleached out, bit of mascara on the lashes and the coloboma of course.
The only other early photo is the tennis photo, she is much taller there. We all know about the pool photo which came weeks later and wasn't found on the camera by the police, which means it wasn't taken at that time with that camera, whatever ms. Healy says.
So the kiosk may well be a genuine 'happy family' photo, but it has to date from October 07?
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 22 Jan - 15:55

But to me looks like the kiosk photo was taken after Madeleine disappeared. Isn't Kate and Gerry wearing the yellow wrist bands/wrist ribbons, and Kate's got the coloured ribbons in her hair?
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 22 Jan - 16:11

pennylane wrote:But to me looks like the kiosk photo was taken after Madeleine disappeared. Isn't Kate and Gerry wearing the yellow wrist bands/wrist ribbons, and Kate's got the coloured ribbons in her hair?

Hi Pennylane......well spotted.!!! The children in the Kiosk are not the Twins, maybe some other Relatives?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 22 Jan - 16:19

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:But to me looks like the kiosk photo was taken after Madeleine disappeared. Isn't Kate and Gerry wearing the yellow wrist bands/wrist ribbons, and Kate's got the coloured ribbons in her hair?

Hi Pennylane......well spotted.!!! The children in the Kiosk are not the Twins, maybe some other Relatives?

I believe that is the twins though Panda. It's definitely Amelie, imho, right down to the cute little lump on her upper lip. I think children's sizes can be deceptive in photographs, and can vary according to angle taken etc, and the hair colour can look lighter and darker, according to the lighting.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 22 Jan - 16:36

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:

I believe that is the twins though Panda. It's definitely Amelie, imho, right down to the cute little lump on her upper lip. I think children's sizes can be deceptive in photographs, and can vary according to angle taken etc, and the hair colour can look lighter and darker, according to the lighting.

I give up. A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 22 Jan - 16:43

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:

I think it's the twins, but in just a few months, Sean has lost the baby fat off his face.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 22 Jan - 17:38

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:

I give up. A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 294124

I won't let you Panda! A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 23324

Seriously though, I really do believe this is what it says on the jar! A TENSE SITUATION/Dr Roberts - Page 2 944533
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next