Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RUMOURS/Dr Roberts

+13
interested
marxman
margaret
dutchclogs
Panda
Lillyofthevalley
T4two
kitti
Keela
mara thon
almostgothic
NoStone
Annabel
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RUMOURS/Dr Roberts - Page 2 Empty Re: RUMOURS/Dr Roberts

Post  interested Wed 25 Jan - 20:24

I have no idea who Dr. Roberts is but I would sure like to hear him cross-examine both McCanns. I have been reading his 'observations' on mccann.files.com for years. I hope he is working with Tony Bennett to prepare for what is ahead. They are both men to be admired in fighting for this just cause.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :
RUMOURS/Dr Roberts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100RUMOURS/Dr Roberts - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Wed 25 Jan - 20:27

I think tony has made an offer and it's been refused to settle out of court. Yesterday on Jill's site people offered to set up a fund, but Tony refused because he thinks it will encourage the courts to look unfavourably on that. Been out all day so haven't checked there yet so things may be different today - will have a look.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :
RUMOURS/Dr Roberts - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100RUMOURS/Dr Roberts - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Wed 25 Jan - 20:52

It would be good to know exactly when Tony was first served notice of this.
How long after Mike Gunnal had entrapped him? And how can entrapment be accepted by a judge when there is precedent (entrapment was the reason the probable killer of Wimbledon was let off, turned out to be not him but that wasn't the reason the judge threw it out).

What was the situation in the press and with the public at that time?
Imo public opinion has changed and if the case in Lisbon goes against them, which it absolutely should - this time they don't have the press on their side. This time the press should be factual.

The Express is already hinting at this with the article on the two missing Spanish children. Perfectly legal, well done Express, carry on like that and I'll even buy the paper!
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Wed 25 Jan - 22:01

tigger wrote:It would be good to know exactly when Tony was first served notice of this.
How long after Mike Gunnal had entrapped him? And how can entrapment be accepted by a judge when there is precedent (entrapment was the reason the probable killer of Wimbledon was let off, turned out to be not him but that wasn't the reason the judge threw it out).

Imo public opinion has changed and if the case in Lisbon goes against them, which it absolutely should - this time they don't have the press on their side. This time the press should be factual.

The Express is already hinting at this with the article on the two missing Spanish children. Perfectly legal, well done Express, carry on like that and I'll even buy the paper!

Errmm......doesn't Mike Gunnill work for The Express?
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Navigator Wed 25 Jan - 22:43

tigger wrote:It would be good to know exactly when Tony was first served notice of this.

I am absolutely all for people asking questions especially as in this case there are so many to be asked. Why have the discrepancies in the statements as somebody says never been cleared up? And I think those people who put themselves out to get to the bottom of the case deserve praise.

But in this case I think Tony Bennett has dropped himself in it a bit. The way this journalist set him up doesn't seem to count as entrapment. You hear about the same kind of thing every week in local papers. People are told to pretend to be who they aren't and then get others to sell them thngs that they shouldn't. I mean newsagents being stung by trading standards and underage kids. Stories like these.

www .tradingstandards. gov. uk/brent&harrow/NEWS-pros.htm#cherry

www .tradingstandards. gov. uk/brent&harrow/NEWS-pros.htm#Al-Khamisi

On the 29th March 2011, at Brent Magistrates Court, Mr Abdul Al-Khamisi, a Shisha Café owner, was fined £650 and ordered to pay full costs of £1,070 for selling a Shisha pipe to a minor; the prosecution being brought by Brent and Harrow Trading Standards Service.

The sale of the Shisha pipe came about as part of a routine operation conducted by Brent & Harrow Trading Standards Officers, assisted by child volunteers, in August 2010.

These people know the terms of their licence and break it. I think Tony Bennett knew the terms of his court agreement because he said he shouldn't sell the book but he went ahead and broke it. I cant see what kind of defence he can offer really. Even if he had denied it the evidence of the cheque and probably the envelope he used would be there to prove he did it.
Navigator
Navigator

Number of posts : 35
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 25 Jan - 23:55

Autumn wrote:

Errmm......doesn't Mike Gunnill work for The Express?

He's freelance. http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikegunnill
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2