Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pat Brown

+73
marxman
LJC
pennylane
NoStone
Loopdaloop
T4two
kathybelle
almostgothic
Annabel
matthew
AnnaEsse
Claudia79
Angelique
Bobsy
mossman
ELI
Wintabells
Angelina
Oldartform
chrissie
Sara_Rose_
tanszi
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
mariang
Autumn
Christine
oversoon
Karen
ProfessorPlum
fred
Sunflower27
jd16
Lioned
MaryB
kitti
maebee
mummy45
margaret
Panda
SteveT
JOHNFRANCIS
duncanmac
pamalam
chrissie1
HiDeHo
frencheuropean
dazedandconfused
wjk
AspieDistra
jay2001
gillyspot
Carolina
Velvet
amber
mumbles
nospinnaker
ann_chovey
Chris
Bebootje
bootsy
cherry1
cass
C.Edwards
humanist
Krisy22
jeanmonroe
dutchclogs
maive
the slave
mahlersghost
snowflake
Navigator
77 posters

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Pat Brown - Page 6 Empty Re: Pat Brown

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 18 Feb - 8:42

NoStone wrote:
Karen wrote:Hi everyone

I spoke to my daughter who lives on the Algarve and close to Portimao and she said there hasnt been anything on the TV about Pat Brown's visit! She did inform me of the Algarve Resident article which I posted a few days ago.

I find it really strange!

Does Pat want press coverage Karen? - or would she want to work away in relative peace?? The other angle is - has she issued any press releases explaining what she is doing and asking for help?? I thiink unless her message is handled carefully the Portugese people might just take her as another G&K McCann plea and turn them off!

Agree totaly, the less that is told about Pats findings the better, Pat is one clever girl and I dont believe she is going to release anything that will pre-arm the "culprits" of this crime......whoever it is? will be glued to the "net" knowing exactly what Pat is doing, yes I too was waiting patiently praying she would be telling all, but thinking about it seriously, if Pat finds anything, the last place to put it on is FB, Twitter or on any forums imo.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
Pat Brown - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Pat Brown - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sat 18 Feb - 9:42

Lillyofthevalley wrote:
NoStone wrote:

I spoke to my daughter who lives on the Algarve and close to Portimao and she said there hasnt been anything on the TV about Pat Brown's visit! She did inform me of the Algarve Resident article which I posted a few days ago.

Does Pat want press coverage Karen? - or would she want to work away in relative peace?? The other angle is - has she issued any press releases explaining what she is doing and asking for help?? I thiink unless her message is handled carefully the Portugese people might just take her as another G&K McCann plea and turn them off!

Agree totaly, the less that is told about Pats findings the better, Pat is one clever girl and I dont believe she is going to release anything that will pre-arm the "culprits" of this crime......whoever it is? will be glued to the "net" knowing exactly what Pat is doing, yes I too was waiting patiently praying she would be telling all, but thinking about it seriously, if Pat finds anything, the last place to put it on is FB, Twitter or on any forums imo.

Lillyofthevalley - Pat will have her own methods and I have every confidence that she is taking careful steps out there in her search for Madeleine. I had perhaps expected a daily sort of diary telling us generally what she had been upto e.g. examined the environment at night and in daylight, looked for possible abduction routes, visited the beach for potential hiding places, questioned what locals might do if they had a fridge freezer to dispose - where do you take? - spoke to staff who were at the Ocean Club that night, spoke to the priest etc etc but not then try and blog the details and her conclusions just yet - more compile a full report for a later date. If the pro's think she is going to reveal anything of real substance to them on FB etc then they underestimate her at their - and Mr & Mrs Mc's peril imo!!
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :
Pat Brown - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Pat Brown - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 18 Feb - 9:49

Absolutely NoStone, we just have to wait until Pat brings out her report, which will take a few weeks at least. She's far too clever to post her findings in bits and pieces. Besides, a traveling schedule does not allow much time for writing, just note taking.

We should be content to wait.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  C.Edwards Sat 18 Feb - 10:05

I had an email from her yesterday. She says she's fine and just overwhelmed with reviewing things and finding time to blog. The tone of the email seemed pretty happy so I think she's just taking her time and being careful after the somewhat difficult start with what turned out to be "treegate"!
C.Edwards
C.Edwards
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 85
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sat 18 Feb - 10:29

All good things come to those who wait Pat Brown - Page 6 25346

I have a good feeling about this. Like others I found the silence from Pat at first frustrating, then worrying. I even wondered the other night if she was ok and was worried she might have been whooshed. Then she blogged about the dogs, Eddie and Keela sprung to my mind straight away, I have no idea why !

Now I see it as a positive. If she were blogging her every move every day I would feel that she does not consider what she is writing of huge importance. The silence might give hope for there in fact being new information, information she might want to share with the right people before blogging.

Or else I am just deluded and looking for hope where there is none.....
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 18 Feb - 10:35

If she has turned up any new information, it might also not necessarily be helpful to publicise it in detail - That could be prejudicial to any future Prosecutions.

In which case, she does have the wise counsel of Amaral to fall back on in assessing whether new information is sufficiently meaty as to be better delivered to the PJ so that the suspended Investigation can be given fresh impetus.

I think she is savvy enough to know what to do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sat 18 Feb - 14:04

Lillyofthevalley wrote:
NoStone wrote:

I agree with that too and think its much better she takes her time reporting back rather than let TM in on everything she is doing over in Portugal. Far more important that she spends her time there looking for anything which may help find out what happened than be wasting time looking for places with internet connections to post up daily updates on FB.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Sat 18 Feb - 14:24

I know this is going to sound pessimistic but it's on my mind so here goes! Who in PDL is going to talk to Pat because everybody who gets involved in the case and speaks out seems to be taken to court or sued and threatened with prison. But I hope Pat does find something of significance. And I also wonder if it is wise to do this with the review going on. And I thought private investigators weren't allowed to operate in Portugal. I think I read that somewhere ages ago.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 18 Feb - 14:32

As much as I would like to know if Pat has found anything significant, I think I would prefer she kept it quiet if that were the case. I think the less said the better for a number of reasons. Pat Brown - Page 6 424743
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 18 Feb - 14:34

I think they are not allowed to operate whilst a case is ongoing even though the case is shelved now.

Off course that doesn't apply to the mccanns.......

They are not allowed to operate in portugual whilst ongoing but I think can outside off portugual....I think.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 18 Feb - 14:35

Pat doesn't have to name names, she do a 'mitchell' or a 'brunt' and say SOURCE lol...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sat 18 Feb - 14:42

I can understand why she doesn't want to publicise things but I do find it difficult to believe that the hotels do not have internet or that there are no internet cafes. Even apartments usually have some sort of internet access.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sat 18 Feb - 15:00

Hi everyone,

Most of the apartments have an internet section downstairs, some dont though, you have to buy a special card and access from your laptop. More than likely Pat will be either staying in an apartment of her own or with people who have invited her in if the latter they should have internet if not and she is staying in an apartment then NO more than likley no internet, if its privately owned she would be lucky to have cable.

However there are loads and loads of little internet cafes all over town, where snacks, wine coffee tea are served and its very cheap.
Pat Brown - Page 6 25346
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sat 18 Feb - 15:09

pennylane wrote:As much as I would like to know if Pat has found anything significant, I think I would prefer she kept it quiet if that were the case. I think the less said the better for a number of reasons. Pat Brown - Page 6 424743

I'm with you on that pennylane. TM will be desperate to know what she is doing and who she is talking to so it would prob be best that the updates are kept to the bare bones.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  frencheuropean Sat 18 Feb - 15:09

IMO,she should give her conclusions (if she has some) only at the end of the trip, after having checked, may be with other well informed people, if everything is ok.It's not a roman to serialise, it's something real and she has to be cautious and not to take in consideration the fact that potential readers are waiting some sentionnal news.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 18 Feb - 15:22

i agree keep cards close to the chest - and only give important information to people that need it , that isnt to say that we all dont want to know . its all about asking the right questions and there will be so much information . its what to do with the findings that matter
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 18 Feb - 16:00

Angelina wrote:I can understand why she doesn't want to publicise things but I do find it difficult to believe that the hotels do not have internet or that there are no internet cafes. Even apartments usually have some sort of internet access.

Wasn't that the excuse that the Phantom Sponsored Walker Of Spain gave us, for lack of updates?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sat 18 Feb - 16:04

Iris wrote:
Angelina wrote:I can understand why she doesn't want to publicise things but I do find it difficult to believe that the hotels do not have internet or that there are no internet cafes. Even apartments usually have some sort of internet access.

Wasn't that the excuse that the Phantom Sponsored Walker Of Spain gave us, for lack of updates?

I was thinking about the Walk that Never Was recently too. Did she ever go and finish it off do we know?
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sat 18 Feb - 16:12

Iris wrote:

Well that was an obvious joke right from the start and I didn't believe one word of it and nor did many others probably.

This time a lot of people are hanging on Pat's every word and getting their hopes up. I have a feeling they will all be disappointed.

Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 18 Feb - 16:38

There is no reason to suspect that Pat will unearth anything mind blowing,if she's lucky she may get to talk to one or two people who worked there at the time and she may be able to satisfy her previous findings with regards to 'time lines' etc.I really dont expect much more but give her credit for keeping the pressure on.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 18 Feb - 16:43

edit.

Last edited by pennylane on Sat 18 Feb - 17:10; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sat 18 Feb - 16:57

Angelina wrote:
Iris wrote:

Well that was an obvious joke right from the start and I didn't believe one word of it and nor did many others probably.

This time a lot of people are hanging on Pat's every word and getting their hopes up. I have a feeling they will all be disappointed.

Angelina I think most of us here have followed this case long enough to know that it's best be cautious about getting our hopes up. Even if we woke up to breaking news on tv accompanied by pictures of the tapas bunch being taken away to police stations I still think many would adopt the 'well let's wait and see' stance before saying much.
There have been many disappointments along the way but I think the fact that Pat, being a professional criminal profiler who regularly talks about the case on tv/radio in the US, gives us very good reason to be hopeful. She may not find anything in Portugal but one thing is certain, she is raising the profile of this case in the US where she is free to speak her mind.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Pat Brown - Page 6 Empty daily blog up dates

Post  mossman Sat 18 Feb - 18:20

Pat has updated her daily blog and written about the opening of the shutters, sorry i do not know how to post links.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sat 18 Feb - 18:21

Hi everyone, cant see whether this has been posted its from 16th
http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 18 Feb - 18:55

I think it will be harder for SY to do a whitewash in view of the questions that Pat may raise and also the fact that she has a retired british police officer with her.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next