Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Pat Brown

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pat Brown

Post  snowflake on Tue 31 Jan - 18:21

Hello
Been reading only fo r some time but wanting to ask if Pat Brown hopes to speak to the PJ and has she said where she is going to search. Do you think the local people will help her.

snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts: 825
Age: 59
Location: UK
Warning:
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date: 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown

Post  Claudia79 on Tue 31 Jan - 18:35

snowflake wrote:Hello
Been reading only fo r some time but wanting to ask if Pat Brown hopes to speak to the PJ and has she said where she is going to search. Do you think the local people will help her.

Why would Pat Brown speak to the PJ?

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts: 6819
Age: 35
Location: Portugal
Warning:
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date: 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown

Post  snowflake on Tue 31 Jan - 18:53

I thought she might want to speak to them but perhaps not.

eta
you are always very nippy with me Claudia.


Last edited by snowflake on Tue 31 Jan - 19:16; edited 1 time in total

snowflake
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts: 825
Age: 59
Location: UK
Warning:
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date: 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Tue 31 Jan - 19:04

Ive had a conversation on FB with Pat Brown today she informed me that she is going to PDL on Feb 6th and she said "**** you will like my other news what is about to come out soon" ......

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts: 1552
Warning:
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date: 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown

Post  Claudia79 on Tue 31 Jan - 19:16

snowflake wrote:I thought she might want to speak to them but perhaps not.

Snowflake, the PJ is an investigation Police. It is not a coffee house where people drop by to chat. That said, I mean no disrespect at all towards Pat Brown. Just making it clear that the only reason Pat brown could speak to the PJ was if she had relevant information to the resolution of the case. And I'm pretty sure the PJ know more than Pat and not the other way around.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts: 6819
Age: 35
Location: Portugal
Warning:
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date: 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown

Post  Claudia79 on Tue 31 Jan - 19:16

Lillyofthevalley wrote:Ive had a conversation on FB with Pat Brown today she informed me that she is going to PDL on Feb 6th and she said "**** you will like my other news what is about to come out soon" ......

Good!

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts: 6819
Age: 35
Location: Portugal
Warning:
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date: 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown

Post  pennylane on Tue 31 Jan - 19:22

Claudia79 wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:Ive had a conversation on FB with Pat Brown today she informed me that she is going to PDL on Feb 6th and she said "**** you will like my other news what is about to come out soon" ......

Good!

Thanks Lilly, I'm looking forward to hearing it!

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts: 5313
Warning:
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date: 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown

Post  interested on Tue 31 Jan - 19:38

Lillyofthevalley - Thank you for your post. I look forward to Pat Brown's "other news" coming out soon. I have great faith in Pat Brown whatever she is able to discover on her visit to Portugal. I say 'great faith' because she has been on top of Madeleine's case from the beginning and has made her views known. She is in a great position in the U.S. to bring a lot of attention to whatever she has to say. Oh, if there were only more prominent people like her in the U.K. who would speak out for Madeleine. She will not be afraid to speak out on Madeleine's behalf.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts: 1677
Warning:
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date: 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

American 'can do'

Post  mahlersghost on Tue 31 Jan - 19:45

While the UK is in a tizz about its news media and what it can or cannot write thank goodness that this case has a American ally to try to see through the murky waters. The worst scenario was for the McCanns to get under the skin of someone who has a proven track record in investigating criminal activity - and they did it.

It was bad enough for them that Dr Amaral is so tenacious - he could have rolled over and thought enough is enough but he is sticking to his guns. The problem for Dr Amaral and others looking to find the truth is that they are up against more than the McCanns. The Rogatory Interviews alone should have given a normal investigation carte blanche to really test the Tapas 7 statements. Some of the answers given were, for me, totally unintelligible (deliberately I hope or there is much remedial English therapy needed in a group of British born doctors), and often puerile showing scant regard for Madeleine. Sometimes I think the whole case is a bad dream and that it never happened because the truth of what happened to a young girl has been subordinated to something frankly quite sinister, in my opinion, based on what I have read from the portion of official documents released.

If nothing else I'm sure that Pat Brown will do her very best to try to figure out what may have happened.

Sorry if I moved of the point of the thread somewhat.

mahlersghost
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts: 36
Warning:
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date: 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Tue 31 Jan - 20:24

Ive only had hald a dozen Pm's with Pat, she doesn't gloat about what she does, she just speaks clearly and very fairly imo, I too respect her and really do think she will come up with something on her visit to PT, as said the McCanns were very silly in getting on the wrong side of Pat, she is a clever lady, and I wish her good luck with her trip.
Im hoping to try and get a friend to take the trip to PDL with me even if its just for 2-3 days.

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts: 1552
Warning:
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date: 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown

Post  the slave on Tue 31 Jan - 23:39

mahlersghost wrote:While the UK is in a tizz about its news media and what it can or cannot write thank goodness that this case has a American ally to try to see through the murky waters. The worst scenario was for the McCanns to get under the skin of someone who has a proven track record in investigating criminal activity - and they did it.

It was bad enough for them that Dr Amaral is so tenacious - he could have rolled over and thought enough is enough but he is sticking to his guns. The problem for Dr Amaral and others looking to find the truth is that they are up against more than the McCanns. The Rogatory Interviews alone should have given a normal investigation carte blanche to really test the Tapas 7 statements. Some of the answers given were, for me, totally unintelligible (deliberately I hope or there is much remedial English therapy needed in a group of British born doctors), and often puerile showing scant regard for Madeleine. Sometimes I think the whole case is a bad dream and that it never happened because the truth of what happened to a young girl has been subordinated to something frankly quite sinister, in my opinion, based on what I have read from the portion of official documents released.

If nothing else I'm sure that Pat Brown will do her very best to try to figure out what may have happened.

Sorry if I moved of the point of the thread somewhat.

Nice post!
Every time I get a bit down about this hideous charade that is now almost 5 years long, I re-read the rogatories and I KNOW the police KNOW they're lying.
Kate has since written her own account which she can never refute. There are countless interviews that betray them.
Patience is a virtue and Dr.Amaral has it in spades.
The truth can never be hidden forever.

the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts: 280
Age: 60
Location: upstairs
Warning:
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date: 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown

Post  maive on Wed 1 Feb - 1:49

[quote="the slave] Nice post! Every time I get a bit down about this hideous charade that is now almost 5 years long, I re-read the rogatories and I KNOW the police KNOW they're lying. Kate has since written her own account which she can never refute. There are countless interviews that betray them. Patience is a virtue and Dr.Amaral has it in spades. The truth can never be hidden forever.[/quote]¸

Well written.. And I agree to each word...

The McCanns speak way too much..

maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts: 146
Location: Quebec
Warning:
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date: 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown

Post  dutchclogs on Wed 1 Feb - 4:41

pennylane wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:Ive had a conversation on FB with Pat Brown today she informed me that she is going to PDL on Feb 6th and she said "**** you will like my other news what is about to come out soon" ......

Good!

Thanks Lilly, I'm looking forward to hearing it!

yes me too

dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts: 1062
Age: 60
Location: Scotland/Nertherlands
Warning:
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date: 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown

Post  Autumn on Wed 1 Feb - 13:58

Claudia79 wrote:
snowflake wrote:I thought she might want to speak to them but perhaps not.

Snowflake, the PJ is an investigation Police. It is not a coffee house where people drop by to chat. That said, I mean no disrespect at all towards Pat Brown. Just making it clear that the only reason Pat brown could speak to the PJ was if she had relevant information to the resolution of the case. And I'm pretty sure the PJ know more than Pat and not the other way around.

I think Pat's greatest strength is that, through her work as a well known and respected Criminal Profiler, she will raise awareness about the concerns she and many of us have about the case. Anyone who has read her books will know that much of her groundwork is done from visiting the scene of the crime and going over the events with an analytical mind. She has the utmost respect for the PJ and would not see it as her place to approach them. Pat has said from the outset she will be working alone....I wish her well in her venture over in Portugal.

Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts: 787
Warning:
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date: 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown

Post  T4two on Wed 1 Feb - 14:16

Autumn wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
snowflake wrote:I thought she might want to speak to them but perhaps not.

Snowflake, the PJ is an investigation Police. It is not a coffee house where people drop by to chat. That said, I mean no disrespect at all towards Pat Brown. Just making it clear that the only reason Pat brown could speak to the PJ was if she had relevant information to the resolution of the case. And I'm pretty sure the PJ know more than Pat and not the other way around.

I think Pat's greatest strength is that, through her work as a well known and respected Criminal Profiler, she will raise awareness about the concerns she and many of us have about the case. Anyone who has read her books will know that much of her groundwork is done from visiting the scene of the crime and going over the events with an analytical mind. She has the utmost respect for the PJ and would not see it as her place to approach them. Pat has said from the outset she will be working alone....I wish her well in her venture over in Portugal.

Me too! It's about time that someone with a high profile and reputation in this area got involved and shed some light on the case if she can. Raising awareness about the concerns that many have can only be a good thing. She sounds experienced enough to avoid any conflict of interest with the investigating authorities.

T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts: 1688
Age: 66
Location: Germany/England
Warning:
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date: 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum