Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  quickfingers on Sun 29 Jan - 10:14

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/9046508/Retired-lawyer-faces-jail-for-harassing-Kate-and-Gerry-McCann.html

quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 659
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  nospinnaker on Sun 29 Jan - 10:18

No prizes for guessing the source of that story!

nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  AnnaEsse on Sun 29 Jan - 10:26

nospinnaker wrote:No prizes for guessing the source of that story!

Clarrie could have written that himself!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18463
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  NoStone on Sun 29 Jan - 10:37

'For almost five years, Kate and Gerry McCann have suffered the anguish of not knowing what happened to their daughter Madeleine.'

Tittle-tattle?

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  Annabel on Sun 29 Jan - 10:44



Speaking to The Sunday Telegraph, Mr Bennett was largely unrepentant and seemingly happy to repeat some of the allegations that put him under threat of contempt.

He first became interested in the case while watching it unfold on television in 2007.

He attempted to bring a private prosecution against the couple in November 2007 for child neglect – on the grounds the couple were eating dinner with friends when Madeleine was abducted – but the case was thrown out in a magistrates' court.

Mr Bennett said: "I have done my best to comply with the undertaking but I would argue to the courts it was an unreasonably wide undertaking to sign.

"In the last two years I have not written specifically about the details of how she [Madeleine] might have died or how the body was hidden.

"It is my sincere conviction that one day I will be proved right. I truly believe that one day the truth will be told. And yes I am risking a breach of the order by saying that."

Asked how he felt about harassing a couple, grieving over the disappearance of their daughter, Mr Bennett replied: "The thing that came closest to harassment was when we distributed the '10 reasons' leaflet in Leicestershire in August 2009.

"Three of my colleagues in the Madeleine Foundation distributed a small quantity of leaflets in Rothley. I would honestly say that perhaps that was a leaflet distribution too far.

"If Madeleine was abducted I would accept what I have done is a wicked campaign of harassment. If I am wrong I am evil. But if I am right, I am a victim of simply having the desire to pursue the truth."


Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Location : Europe
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  Chris on Sun 29 Jan - 11:27

It is unhelpful and hurtful that they refer to the MF and JH's websites. Some of their readership might take a look.

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  Guest on Sun 29 Jan - 11:31

Delete " ..... small band of fanatics"

and


Insert "extensive body of worldwide opinion comprising people from all walks of life, with probably no more nutters per thousand than any other sample you care to devise"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  dazedandconfused on Sun 29 Jan - 12:06

I wonder how much it costs the McCanns for their readers to trawl through websites and social networking sites day and night to find proof of harrassment. It must be a frightening large amount of money, so I hope the book sales have done KM proud and she can still afford to pay for it all.

dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  marxman on Sun 29 Jan - 13:23

Chris wrote:It is unhelpful and hurtful that they refer to the MF and JH's websites. Some of their readership might take a look.

I'm thinking exactly the same. I think this will
also help awaken a lot of closed minds to the
possiblity that there may exist something behind
a 'retired lawyer's' assertions. This article may
back-fire and indeed help Tony's fight for justice.
The description of Tony as a retired lawyer will
also give clout!

marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Location : In the dog house
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Sun 29 Jan - 14:53

Whoever their "source" is, this article will set of other papers, and this is going to be very "hurtful and very unhelpful" to Gerry and Kate because people who believe the McCanns or those who sit on the fence may just check out why Mr Bennet is so sure of his allegations......

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Sun 29 Jan - 15:12

marxman wrote:
Chris wrote:It is unhelpful and hurtful that they refer to the MF and JH's websites. Some of their readership might take a look.

I'm thinking exactly the same. I think this will
also help awaken a lot of closed minds to the
possiblity that there may exist something behind
a 'retired lawyer's' assertions. This article may
back-fire and indeed help Tony's fight for justice.
The description of Tony as a retired lawyer will
also give clout!

I too am hoping that this will lead to more people becoming aware of the other side of this story. I was giving the McCanns the benefit of the doubt until the summer of 2009 when I read on BBC Ceefax about The Madeleine Foundation's problems with Carter-Ruck. So, unlikely as it seems, it was the good old BBC which set me on the right path!

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  Angelique on Sun 29 Jan - 15:17

quickfingers

Thank you for this article - I have read the paper version in The Sunday Telegraph and it says a slightly different version unfortunately - not as much information - i.e about sites. ( I don't know why they left this information out). But it does say "it includes an option for Mr. Bennett to be "committed to HM Prison for a period" so not imperative.

Here it is:

Ex-Lawyer faces jail for 'harrasing' McCann family.

Robert Mendick - Chief Reporter
-------------------------------------

Picture: Retired lawyer Tony Bennett could be jailed for allegedly harassing the parents of Madeleine McCann.

For almost five years, Kate and Gerry McCann have suffered the anguish of not knowing what happened to their daughter Madeleine.

Through it all, they have also had to contend with a sustained campaign of harassment conducted by a small band of people convinced that the couple had a hand in their daughter's disappearance.

Now, one of their main tormentors is facing jail for refusing to leave the McCann family alone.

Since 2007, Tony Bennett has repeatedly accused the couple of covering up the girl's death in leaflets, books and on the Internet. On one occasion The Madeleine Foundation, which he runs, handed out 1,500 pamphlets in Rothley, the couple's home village in Leicestershire, entitled "10 key reasons which suggest she was not abducted". Another booklet was posted by registered delivery to the McCanns' home.

Next month, a court will decide whether to jail Mr Bennett, 64, for contempt of court. The action, being brought by Mr and Mrs McCann, accuses Mr Bennett of flouting an agreement made in the High Court, in November 2009, that he would stop repeating allegations that the McCanns were in some way involved in their daughter's abduction.

Since then, Mr Bennett a grandfather of two from Harlow in Essex, has posted on the subject of Madeleine McCanns disappearance 3,800 times on one website alone. Lawyers acting for the Mccanns accuse him of breaching the undertaking on at least 149 occasions.

"This has gone on for a long time and Kate and Gerry now feel enough is enough," the McCanns' spokesman Clarence Mitchell said last night. "It is obviously very distressing for them. The fact they are taking legal action speaks for itself."

The couple, both Doctors, live in hope Madeleine, who disappeared from a holiday apartment in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz on May 3 2007, may still be alive and continue to search for her.

A draft order seen by The Sunday Telegraph, which a judge is expected to rule upon at a hearing in February, includes an option for Mr Bennett to be "committed to HM Prison for a period" to be determined. He could also be fined and ordered to pay costs that are likely to bankrupt him.

Speaking to The Sunday Telegraph, Mr Bennett seemed happy to report some of the allegations that put him under threat of contempt, claiming that one day he would be "proved right".

He said he had not written specifically about how Madeleine may have died or "how the body was hidden" since signing the 2009 agreement, but argued the undertaking was "unreasonably wide".

"If Madeleine was abducted I would accept what I have done is a wicked campaign of harassment." Mr Bennett added. "If I am wrong I am evil. But if I am right, I am a victim of simply having the desire to pursue the truth."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has already been mooted that if the McCanns expected to win this case that the the Press would be all over it and so having this appear it The Telegraph would seem to suggest Mr Bennett is likely to suffer the consequences.






Last edited by Angelique on Sun 29 Jan - 15:20; edited 2 times in total

Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Sun 29 Jan - 15:18

Lets hope NBY that the good old Telegraph will help alot more with open minds on the same road as your

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Sun 29 Jan - 15:27

Angelique wrote:quickfingers

Thank you for this article - I have read the paper version in The Sunday Telegraph and it says a slightly different version unfortunately - not as much information - i.e about sites. ( I don't know why they left this information out). But it does say "it includes an option for Mr. Bennett to be "committed to HM Prison for a period" so not imperative.

Here it is:

Ex-Lawyer faces jail for 'harrasing' McCann family.

Robert Mendick - Chief Reporter
-------------------------------------

Picture: Retired lawyer Tony Bennett could be jailed for allegedly harassing the parents of Madeleine McCann.

For almost five years, Kate and Gerry McCann have suffered the anguish of not knowing what happened to their daughter Madeleine.

Through it all, they have also had to contend with a sustained campaign of harassment conducted by a small band of people convinced that the couple had a hand in their daughter's disappearance.

Now, one of their main tormentors is facing jail for refusing to leave the McCann family alone.

Since 2007, Tony Bennett has repeatedly accused the couple of covering up the girl's death in leaflets, books and on the Internet. On one occasion The Madeleine Foundation, which he runs, handed out 1,500 pamphlets in Rothley, the couple's home village in Leicestershire, entitled "10 key reasons which suggest she was not abducted". Another booklet was posted by registered delivery to the McCanns' home.

Next month, a court will decide whether to jail Mr Bennett, 64, for contempt of court. The action, being brought by Mr and Mrs McCann, accuses Mr Bennett of flouting an agreement made in the High Court, in November 2009, that he would stop repeating allegations that the McCanns were in some way involved in their daughter's abduction.

Since then, Mr Bennett a grandfather of two from Harlow in Essex, has posted on the subject of Madeleine McCanns disappearance 3,800 times on one website alone. Lawyers acting for the Mccanns accuse him of breaching the undertaking on at least 149 occasions.

"This has gone on for a long time and Kate and Gerry now feel enough is enough," the McCanns' spokesman Clarence Mitchell said last night. "It is obviously very distressing for them. The fact they are taking legal action speaks for itself."

The couple, both Doctors, live in hope Madeleine, who disappeared from a holiday apartment in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz on May 3 2007, may still be alive and continue to search for her.

A draft order seen by The Sunday Telegraph, which a judge is expected to rule upon at a hearing in February, includes an option for Mr Bennett to be "committed to HM Prison for a period" to be determined. He could also be fined and ordered to pay costs that are likely to bankrupt him.

Speaking to The Sunday Telegraph, Mr Bennett seemed happy to report some of the allegations that put him under threat of contempt, claiming that one day he would be "proved right".

He said he had not written specifically about how Madeleine may have died or "how the body was hidden" since signing the 2009 agreement, but argued the undertaking was "unreasonably wide".

"If Madeleine was abducted I would accept what I have done is a wicked campaign of harassment." Mr Bennett added. "If I am wrong I am evil. But if I am right, I am a victim of simply having the desire to pursue the truth."


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has already been mooted that if the McCanns expected to win this case that the the Press would be all over it and so having this appear it The Telegraph would seem to suggest Mr Bennett is likely to suffer the consequences.




Angelique, I still think this is very good responce from Tony, whether he goes to prison or not I dont believe for a minute that Team McCann really want this in the papers, however its worded by their "source" its still sending a pentioner to prison and bankrupting him for speaking out, Team Mcann dont want this highlighted to much imo they will be more people showing interest or even feeling sorry for Bennett, and this NOT what Team McCann want.

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  AnnaEsse on Sun 29 Jan - 15:30

Lillyofthevalley wrote:
Angelique wrote:quickfingers

Thank you for this article - I have read the paper version in The Sunday Telegraph and it says a slightly different version unfortunately - not as much information - i.e about sites. ( I don't know why they left this information out). But it does say "it includes an option for Mr. Bennett to be "committed to HM Prison for a period" so not imperative.

Here it is:

Ex-Lawyer faces jail for 'harrasing' McCann family.

Robert Mendick - Chief Reporter
-------------------------------------

Picture: Retired lawyer Tony Bennett could be jailed for allegedly harassing the parents of Madeleine McCann.

For almost five years, Kate and Gerry McCann have suffered the anguish of not knowing what happened to their daughter Madeleine.

Through it all, they have also had to contend with a sustained campaign of harassment conducted by a small band of people convinced that the couple had a hand in their daughter's disappearance.

Now, one of their main tormentors is facing jail for refusing to leave the McCann family alone.

Since 2007, Tony Bennett has repeatedly accused the couple of covering up the girl's death in leaflets, books and on the Internet. On one occasion The Madeleine Foundation, which he runs, handed out 1,500 pamphlets in Rothley, the couple's home village in Leicestershire, entitled "10 key reasons which suggest she was not abducted". Another booklet was posted by registered delivery to the McCanns' home.

Next month, a court will decide whether to jail Mr Bennett, 64, for contempt of court. The action, being brought by Mr and Mrs McCann, accuses Mr Bennett of flouting an agreement made in the High Court, in November 2009, that he would stop repeating allegations that the McCanns were in some way involved in their daughter's abduction.

Since then, Mr Bennett a grandfather of two from Harlow in Essex, has posted on the subject of Madeleine McCanns disappearance 3,800 times on one website alone. Lawyers acting for the Mccanns accuse him of breaching the undertaking on at least 149 occasions.

"This has gone on for a long time and Kate and Gerry now feel enough is enough," the McCanns' spokesman Clarence Mitchell said last night. "It is obviously very distressing for them. The fact they are taking legal action speaks for itself."

The couple, both Doctors, live in hope Madeleine, who disappeared from a holiday apartment in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz on May 3 2007, may still be alive and continue to search for her.

A draft order seen by The Sunday Telegraph, which a judge is expected to rule upon at a hearing in February, includes an option for Mr Bennett to be "committed to HM Prison for a period" to be determined. He could also be fined and ordered to pay costs that are likely to bankrupt him.

Speaking to The Sunday Telegraph, Mr Bennett seemed happy to report some of the allegations that put him under threat of contempt, claiming that one day he would be "proved right".

He said he had not written specifically about how Madeleine may have died or "how the body was hidden" since signing the 2009 agreement, but argued the undertaking was "unreasonably wide".

"If Madeleine was abducted I would accept what I have done is a wicked campaign of harassment." Mr Bennett added. "If I am wrong I am evil. But if I am right, I am a victim of simply having the desire to pursue the truth."


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has already been mooted that if the McCanns expected to win this case that the the Press would be all over it and so having this appear it The Telegraph would seem to suggest Mr Bennett is likely to suffer the consequences.




Angelique, I still think this is very good responce from Tony, wether he goes to prison or not I dont believe for a minute that Team McCann really want this in the papers, however its worded by their "source" its still sending a pentioner to prison and bankrupting him for speaking out, Team Mcann dont want this highlighted to much because they will be more people showing interest or even feeling sorry for Bennett, and this NOT what Team McCann want imo.

I think it's an excellent response from Tony, especially as he managed to get in some of the allegations he had been making, but hadn't written about for two years. It's still there for people to read: he hadn't written about the hiding of the body. Well, at least a few people will start to wonder and do a bit of searching.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18463
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  Angelique on Sun 29 Jan - 15:36

Lillyofthevalley wrote:
Angelique wrote:quickfingers



Speaking to The Sunday Telegraph, Mr Bennett seemed happy to report some of the allegations that put him under threat of contempt, claiming that one day he would be "proved right".

He said he had not written specifically about how Madeleine may have died or "how the body was hidden" since signing the 2009 agreement, but argued the undertaking was "unreasonably wide".

"If Madeleine was abducted I would accept what I have done is a wicked campaign of harassment." Mr Bennett added. "If I am wrong I am evil. But if I am right, I am a victim of simply having the desire to pursue the truth."


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has already been mooted that if the McCanns expected to win this case that the the Press would be all over it and so having this appear it The Telegraph would seem to suggest Mr Bennett is likely to suffer the consequences.




Angelique, I still think this is very good responce from Tony, whether he goes to prison or not I dont believe for a minute that Team McCann really want this in the papers, however its worded by their "source" its still sending a pentioner to prison and bankrupting him for speaking out, Team Mcann dont want this highlighted to much imo they will be more people showing interest or even feeling sorry for Bennett, and this NOT what Team McCann want.

Lilyofthevalley

Yes - I forgot about this - "every action causes a reaction" - silly me. I remember thinking this when Gerry initiated his "Global" money making venture and that the Internet would bite him back!

Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  kitti on Sun 29 Jan - 16:01

How do we know it is tony responding?


What of he didn't say that?


What if it's the telegraph putting that response in and saying it's Tony because they need to quote him to get THERE point across.....


After all.....they don't want to get sued, do they ...so let's use someone elses point off view .

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Sun 29 Jan - 16:10

With acknowledgement to the CMoMM forum, here's a link to their topic on this subject, including comments from Tony himself.

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t4294-retired-lawyer-faces-jail-for-harrassing-kate-and-gerry-mccann-telepgraph

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  kitti on Sun 29 Jan - 16:31

The mccanns suing Tony for harassment In saying that Madeleine was dead and they hid the body .



Can the mccanns be sued for harassment in saying there was an abduction?

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  gillyspot on Sun 29 Jan - 16:33

kitti wrote:The mccanns suing Tony for harassment In saying that Madeleine was dead and they hid the body .



Can the mccanns be sued for harassment in saying there was an abduction?

Note the use of the word "harassment" not libel. Interesting change in the wording IMO. Seems they agree Tony Bennett might be right in his assumptions.

gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  Guest on Sun 29 Jan - 19:26

I like this bit best.



He said he had not written specifically about how Madeleine may have died or "how the body was hidden" since signing the 2009 agreement, but argued the undertaking was "unreasonably wide".


How many people will read that and assume it to be true? Or start to seriously think that it might be true? He's planted the seeds. You can't unread something you just read, you can't unthink a thought.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Sun 29 Jan - 20:05

Iris wrote:I like this bit best.



He said he had not written specifically about how Madeleine may have died or "how the body was hidden" since signing the 2009 agreement, but argued the undertaking was "unreasonably wide".


How many people will read that and assume it to be true? Or start to seriously think that it might be true? He's planted the seeds. You can't unread something you just read, you can't unthink a thought.

So very true Iris

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  T4two on Sun 29 Jan - 22:11

kitti wrote:How do we know it is tony responding?


What of he didn't say that?


What if it's the telegraph putting that response in and saying it's Tony because they need to quote him to get THERE point across.....


After all.....they don't want to get sued, do they ...so let's use someone elses point off view .

Mr. Bennett did actually confirm on the JH forum that the Telegraph had spoken to him and that he had said that which appears in the article, however your point about the Telegraph needing to quote him in order to get their point across is IMO spot on.

T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Age : 68
Location : Germany/England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  AnnaEsse on Sun 29 Jan - 22:25

T4two wrote:
kitti wrote:How do we know it is tony responding?


What of he didn't say that?


What if it's the telegraph putting that response in and saying it's Tony because they need to quote him to get THERE point across.....


After all.....they don't want to get sued, do they ...so let's use someone elses point off view .

Mr. Bennett did actually confirm on the JH forum that the Telegraph had spoken to him and that he had said that which appears in the article, however your point about the Telegraph needing to quote him in order to get their point across is IMO spot on.

And Tony certainly got his point across, in a way that the McCanns might be shouting "He's repeated it again," but in a way that can't be sued!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18463
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  kathybelle on Sun 29 Jan - 23:08

It's about time the McCanns along with their family, friends and the media, accepted that they are involved with Madeleine's disappearance. The McCanns are the ones who who told the world and his wife, that they left their children unsupervised on more than one occasion, while they went out and Madeleine disappeared while they were out. So unless I'm missing something, the McCanns are involved with Madeleine's disappearance.

Tony Bennett is being taken to court for flouting a High Court order, which said he mustn't repeat that the McCanns are involved with Madeleine's abduction. In my opinion the High Court Judge was wrong when he told Tony Bennett, not to say that the McCanns are involved in the abduction of Madeleine. There is no proof Madeleine was abducted and the High Court Judge was wrong to use the word abduction. The Judge would have still been wrong if he had said the McCanns were not involved with Madeleine's disappearance. Tony Bennett was only echoing what thousands upon thousands of people have said on forums and in petitions that were sent to the Government and Social Services.

I read that Tony Bennett had offered the McCanns compensation, I hope that wasn't true.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Retired Lawyer Faces Jail for Harrassing McCanns - Telegraph

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:57


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum