Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Neglect or No Neglect?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  Oldartform on Tue 31 Jan - 14:49

mahlersghost wrote: Why there has been a cover-up is the mystery

Totally agree. Maybe we should have a thread listing any possible reasons for a cover-up.


Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  pennylane on Tue 31 Jan - 14:54

mahlersghost wrote:There should be no question as to whether or not there was child neglect based on what is in the public domain. I remember well discussing the disappearance of Madeleine McCann just a few days after it happened with former colleagues who were teaching social workers and paediatric nurses - none of them, even then, believed that she had been kidnapped and that from what was being reported the children had been left to look after themselves. That constitutes neglect.

Later the question arose as to whether or not neglect was the least of the McCann's involvement in Madeleine's disappearance. No-one, and I mean no-one, out of the 10 or so people interested in discussing the case believed the parents to be unaware of Madeleine's demise. Even now, nearly 5 years on and when the case has all but disappeared as regular front page news minds have not been changed and other friends and former colleagues (I am now retired) still scent a cover-up. Why there has been a cover-up is the mystery. The released documents have not been properly investigated by British journalists. What an opportunity for them to be real investigative journalists and to interview the Gaspars and to do non ad hominem attacks but to ask Dr Amaral to explain his thesis in a sober way to the British public.

Even if the McCanns were involved (leaving aside neglect) in Madeleine's disappearance there is a plethora of types of evidence to be explored - most of it pointing to their possible implication. None of what I have written is news to you all but I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Well said indeed, mahlersghost!

We can but dream of a day when a UK journalist shows some backbone where this case is concerned. It certainly wouldn't take much for one to expose the gaping holes in the McCanns version of events and report on it with integrity and accuracy. Therein lies the 'real news story,' not least because the McCanns have solicited and received an exorbitant amount of money from a woefully uninformed public.

When you hear the McCanns stating their reasoning for not attending the reconstruction, i.e. 'they cannot see how anything valuable would be gained,' you just wonder how on earth anyone can have one iota of respect for these two parents, let alone believe their astonishingly ridiculous story!

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  Oldartform on Tue 31 Jan - 15:16

pennylane wrote:
mahlersghost wrote:

Well said indeed, mahlersghost!

We can but dream of a day when a UK journalist shows some backbone where this case is concerned. It certainly wouldn't take much for one to expose the gaping holes in the McCanns version of events and report on it with integrity and accuracy. Therein lies the 'real news story,' not least because the McCanns have solicited and received an exorbitant amount of money from a woefully uninformed public.

When you hear the McCanns stating their reasoning for not attending the reconstruction, i.e. 'they cannot see how anything valuable would be gained,' you just wonder how on earth anyone can have one iota of respect for these two parents, let alone believe their astonishingly ridiculous story!

I`m sure there are journalists who have articles already waiting, but it`s the editors that are holding them back for whatever reason.

As for the statement "we cannot see how anything valuable would be gained`, surely it`s not their call, and why didn`t anyone have the guts to tell them that. They act as if they are the highest authority in the world - AND THIS IS THE MYSTERY.




Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  pennylane on Tue 31 Jan - 15:46

Oldartform wrote:
pennylane wrote:
mahlersghost wrote:

Well said indeed, mahlersghost!

We can but dream of a day when a UK journalist shows some backbone where this case is concerned. It certainly wouldn't take much for one to expose the gaping holes in the McCanns version of events and report on it with integrity and accuracy. Therein lies the 'real news story,' not least because the McCanns have solicited and received an exorbitant amount of money from a woefully uninformed public.

When you hear the McCanns stating their reasoning for not attending the reconstruction, i.e. 'they cannot see how anything valuable would be gained,' you just wonder how on earth anyone can have one iota of respect for these two parents, let alone believe their astonishingly ridiculous story!

I`m sure there are journalists who have articles already waiting, but it`s the editors that are holding them back for whatever reason.

As for the statement "we cannot see how anything valuable would be gained`, surely it`s not their call, and why didn`t anyone have the guts to tell them that. They act as if they are the highest authority in the world - AND THIS IS THE MYSTERY.




My own conclusion is that they are hustling as hard as they can against a massive tide of facts and information, not least the blood and cadaver dogs findings, that does not lend its weight to Madeleine being abducted on that ill-fated holiday; and money and verbal diarrhoea are their only defensive ploy to extinguish the voice of the dissenters, which has not stopped for one hour of one day, since that first night when everyone searched for their three year old child, whilst Kate and Gerry McCann saw fit to stay in their apartment.... because as Kate says 'it was so dark!'

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  T4two on Tue 31 Jan - 16:31

tanszi wrote:Red flag. Gerry and Kate tell a number of people allegedly, the receptionists (the note?), Gerry tells Jez, who he has met fleetingly on a tennis court? and tells him they leave the children. Im not inferring anything about Jez Wilkins, but he was somone met on a tennis court, he could have been anyone with any interests. jimo. How many others did they tell, and who did they mention it to, either in concern or otherwise. jimo

Yes, IMO preparing the ground for a faked abduction.

T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Age : 68
Location : Germany/England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  ann_chovey on Tue 31 Jan - 17:03

I don't believe for one minute that all the children were in one apartment, it would have been like the Benny Hill show up and down assembling and disassembling cots. What would happen when the parents came back from the Tapas bar, they would have had to take their beloved offspring back to their own apartments or where would the parents sleep. (of course there is the possibility that all the children were doped so would have stayed zonked out) Payne's apartment only had 2 bedrooms and they had granny Webster with them too.

They didn't want their kids to wake up (KM opened the door slowly before the curtains whooshed....'I didn't wanna wake' em').

I believe they all left them , didn't check as often as they said and the McCanns locked the door up until the fateful night. Hence KM's 'the patio door's open, please enter that way to find our daughter's been abducted'..... to Matthew', the only night as far as I know that any of the others entered the apartment. Except he faffed about and it was left to KM to make the discovery.

ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2516
Location : France
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  kathybelle on Tue 31 Jan - 18:33

ann_chovey wrote: I don't believe for one minute that all the children were in one apartment, it would have been like the Benny Hill show up and down assembling and disassembling cots. What would happen when the parents came back from the Tapas bar, they would have had to take their beloved offspring back to their own apartments or where would the parents sleep. (of course there is the possibility that all the children were doped so would have stayed zonked out) Payne's apartment only had 2 bedrooms and they had granny Webster with them too.

They didn't want their kids to wake up (KM opened the door slowly before the curtains whooshed....'I didn't wanna wake' em').

I believe they all left them , didn't check as often as they said and the McCanns locked the door up until the fateful night. Hence KM's 'the patio door's open, please enter that way to find our daughter's been abducted'..... to Matthew', the only night as far as I know that any of the others entered the apartment. Except he faffed about and it was left to KM to make the discovery.

Hello Ann, I've said this before and I'll say it again. I don't believe the twins were in the McCanns apartment on the night she disappeared and I'll tell you why. I always suspected they weren't in the apartment, after I saw photos of the cots with no bedding in them, yet Madeleine's bed and the spare bed had bedding on them.

When the McCanns were in the final stages of trying to get Goncalo Amaral's book permanently banned, Gerry was on the steps of the Lisbon court, speaking to the media. He said, he and his wife were sorry that they'd left Madeleine alone in their apartment on the night she was abducted. I don't understand, why would Gerry say he and his wife were sorry they left Madeleine alone, on the night she was abducted, if the twins were in their apartment. Surely he would have said, "we were sorry we left our children alone."

Sandra Felgueiras was amongst the media, when Gerry uttered those words. Sandra must have heard what he said, because a few months later, she interviewed Kate and asked her why she ran to the Tapas Bar, leaving the twins alone in their apartment. Kate something about being a doctor and being trained to ask for help. Sandra then asked Kate if the twins were in the apartment, when Madeleine disappeared. Kate changed the subject, so Sandra asked her again, Kate once again changed the subject and Sandra gave up asking her.

I don't have a link to this interview and I don't remember Gerry being at the interview, if he was, he never said anything. I'm almost sure the interview took place towards the end of 2010, but I could be wrong.


Also when Gerry spoke about the night Madeleine disappeared, he never mentioned the twins, he just said how beautiful sleeping Madeleine looked and how lucky he was to be her father.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  mossman on Tue 31 Jan - 18:49

am i correct in thinking they spoke about moving a cot from one apartment to another on arrival, something to do with an extra cot being left in the wrong apartment ? i am sure i have seen this stated. that being the case it is possible the twins were in fact in one of the other apartments.

personally i think the adult that was "sick" each night (but by some miracle were never sick by day) stayed in tanner/oldfileds apartment with the twins and the tanner kids. the baby monitor was then used to listen to the payne's kids with possibly a quick hearing check by the sick babysitting adult. madeliene for whatever reason was then left alone in 5a, perhaps not every night but certainly the thurs night, hence the unusual extra checks by the others.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  kathybelle on Tue 31 Jan - 19:09

mossman wrote:am i correct in thinking they spoke about moving a cot from one apartment to another on arrival, something to do with an extra cot being left in the wrong apartment ? i am sure i have seen this stated. that being the case it is possible the twins were in fact in one of the other apartments.

personally i think the adult that was "sick" each night (but by some miracle were never sick by day) stayed in tanner/oldfileds apartment with the twins and the tanner kids. the baby monitor was then used to listen to the payne's kids with possibly a quick hearing check by the sick babysitting adult. madeliene for whatever reason was then left alone in 5a, perhaps not every night but certainly the thurs night, hence the unusual extra checks by the others.

Hello Mossman, I read that the McCanns asked for an extra bed, I presume that it was for the children's room. Kate said she slept in that bed, after she and Gerry had a row.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Neglect pure and simple - at the very least

Post  mahlersghost on Tue 31 Jan - 19:09

The McCanns and those who believe their every word have a very strange attitude to child neglect (and there are some right strange attitudes on Sky News comments). Every Child Matters is a policy integral to children's health and safety, the McCanns would know that, so would Philomena McCann as a headteacher. All social services departments know that.

Anyone who states that the McCanns behaviour, in regard to leaving their children alone is normal, is a disgrace in my humble opinion. If they were left alone, of course. That's another story, however.

Rant over.

mahlersghost
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 36
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  marxman on Tue 31 Jan - 19:18

A big thumbs-up for many of the great posts. but
I'm still finding it difficult to comprehend the 'neglect'
issue. I'm still gravitating towards the NO camp on this
one. Neglect spells what we have today, whereas,
a No neglect, if proven, takes this case further into a
more sinister dark place which would provide some
logic to a very clever and devious cover-up!
You just got to think of Judge Hogg awarding WOC,
if she believed that neglect was the centre of this
case, then NO Way would the parents have retained
the interests and guardianship thus far.
In my opinion, the neglect story, like the damaged
shutters, was sold to us plebs as a very effective
marketing ploy,and it made the abduction thesis
more likely which generated widespread empathy.
I'm wondering what other posters think.

marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Location : In the dog house
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  kathybelle on Tue 31 Jan - 19:18

mahlersghost wrote:The McCanns and those who believe their every word have a very strange attitude to child neglect (and there are some right strange attitudes on Sky News comments). Every Child Matters is a policy integral to children's health and safety, the McCanns would know that, so would Philomena McCann as a headteacher. All social services departments know that.

Anyone who states that the McCanns behaviour, in regard to leaving their children alone is normal, is a disgrace in my humble opinion. If they were left alone, of course. That's another story, however.

Rant over.

Hello Mahlersghost, I know what you mean. I sometimes wonder what some of the McCanns supporters parenting skills are like. According them, the McCanns should have been able to leave their children alone in this very safe resort. They firmly believe that it is the abductor's fault that Madeleine disappeared and Goncalo Amaral's fault that she hasn't been found.

Regarding Philomena McCann, I was looking in the files for some information and I read an interview that Philomena gave to the media. She was describing the night Madeleine disappeared and she was saying how incompetent the Portuguese police were. She even said that the police didn't arrive at the McCanns apartment, for hours after they were told about Madeleine's disappearance. It looks like Philomena is as big a liar, as her brother Gerry is.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  Bobsy on Tue 31 Jan - 19:39

kathybelle wrote:
mahlersghost wrote:The McCanns and those who believe their every word have a very strange attitude to child neglect (and there are some right strange attitudes on Sky News comments). Every Child Matters is a policy integral to children's health and safety, the McCanns would know that, so would Philomena McCann as a headteacher. All social services departments know that.

Anyone who states that the McCanns behaviour, in regard to leaving their children alone is normal, is a disgrace in my humble opinion. If they were left alone, of course. That's another story, however.

Rant over.

Hello Mahlersghost, I know what you mean. I sometimes wonder what some of the McCanns supporters parenting skills are like. According them, the McCanns should have been able to leave their children alone in this very safe resort. They firmly believe that it is the abductor's fault that Madeleine disappeared and Goncalo Amaral's fault that she hasn't been found.

Regarding Philomena McCann, I was looking in the files for some information and I read an interview that Philomena gave to the media. She was describing the night Madeleine disappeared and she was saying how incompetent the Portuguese police were. She even said that the police didn't arrive at the McCanns apartment, for hours after they were told about Madeleine's disappearance. It looks like Philomena is as big a liar, as her brother Gerry is.

It's in the genes you know,
quote
It looks like Philomena is as big a liar, as her brother Gerry is.
Gerry and sis in jeans

Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  ann_chovey on Tue 31 Jan - 20:00

mossman wrote:am i correct in thinking they spoke about moving a cot from one apartment to another on arrival, something to do with an extra cot being left in the wrong apartment ? i am sure i have seen this stated. that being the case it is possible the twins were in fact in one of the other apartments.

personally i think the adult that was "sick" each night (but by some miracle were never sick by day) stayed in tanner/oldfileds apartment with the twins and the tanner kids. the baby monitor was then used to listen to the payne's kids with possibly a quick hearing check by the sick babysitting adult. madeliene for whatever reason was then left alone in 5a, perhaps not every night but certainly the thurs night, hence the unusual extra checks by the others.

Gerry McC. 7th Sept:

When questioned, he said that on the day they arrived, April 28, they removed two cots that were in their room, and placed them in Madeleine’s room. He is unable to confirm, but it could be possible, that there were 3 cribs, and they asked for one to be removed.It is not true that on a certain day they placed one crib in their room, leaving the other in Madeleine’s room.


ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2516
Location : France
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  mossman on Tue 31 Jan - 20:16

thank you kathybelle and ann-chovey, i was obviously confused !

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  kathybelle on Tue 31 Jan - 20:27

Bobsy wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
mahlersghost wrote:The McCanns and those who believe their every word have a very strange attitude to child neglect (and there are some right strange attitudes on Sky News comments). Every Child Matters is a policy integral to children's health and safety, the McCanns would know that, so would Philomena McCann as a headteacher. All social services departments know that.

Anyone who states that the McCanns behaviour, in regard to leaving their children alone is normal, is a disgrace in my humble opinion. If they were left alone, of course. That's another story, however.

Rant over.

Hello Mahlersghost, I know what you mean. I sometimes wonder what some of the McCanns supporters parenting skills are like. According them, the McCanns should have been able to leave their children alone in this very safe resort. They firmly believe that it is the abductor's fault that Madeleine disappeared and Goncalo Amaral's fault that she hasn't been found.

Regarding Philomena McCann, I was looking in the files for some information and I read an interview that Philomena gave to the media. She was describing the night Madeleine disappeared and she was saying how incompetent the Portuguese police were. She even said that the police didn't arrive at the McCanns apartment, for hours after they were told about Madeleine's disappearance. It looks like Philomena is as big a liar, as her brother Gerry is.

It's in the genes you know,
quote
It looks like Philomena is as big a liar, as her brother Gerry is.
Gerry and sis in jeans


kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  mossman on Tue 31 Jan - 20:39

i found what had stuck in my mind about an issue with a cot on arrival. it is as below from david payne's rog interview, although i have no idea what he is actually trying to say about it.

”Mm, err I think one of the things that I remember is there was difficulties you know we was trying to get the cots situation sorted out and I can’t remember, I mean I’ve thought about this when, you know because I went into Kate and Gerry’s apartment right, you know from the beginning to sort out one of the cots because I don’t think they, you know, there was a spare one they, they’d had or just to work that out, but err you know during, during the day as I say I, its such a long time ago and all I can remember is we were you know excited, we were going into one person’s apartment, having a chat and seeing where they’d been, err you know but I must admit I can’t give any detail really err regarding exactly who we chatted to or what, the rest of that day.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  T4two on Tue 31 Jan - 20:52

marxman wrote:A big thumbs-up for many of the great posts. but
I'm still finding it difficult to comprehend the 'neglect'
issue. I'm still gravitating towards the NO camp on this
one. Neglect spells what we have today, whereas,
a No neglect, if proven, takes this case further into a
more sinister dark place which would provide some
logic to a very clever and devious cover-up!
You just got to think of Judge Hogg awarding WOC,
if she believed that neglect was the centre of this
case, then NO Way would the parents have retained
the interests and guardianship thus far.
In my opinion, the neglect story, like the damaged
shutters, was sold to us plebs as a very effective
marketing ploy,and it made the abduction thesis
more likely which generated widespread empathy.

I'm wondering what other posters think.

The smashed shutters story was told to family and friends to convince them immediately that an abduction had taken place - no room left for doubt whatsoever - which meant that the story that broke in the media that morning was already of an abduction. The fact that GM had no opportunity to actually smash or jemmy those shutters does not appear to have influenced public and media support unduly but the consequences are actually very serious, because the fact that it turned out that there was no sign of a break in is the main reason why the abduction story is not believed by so many people and thus, the main reason why the parents will forever be under suspicion. The story about leaving the children and the 30 minute checking regime was concocted to a) provide a window of opportunity for an abduction (pun not intended) and b) to cover up what had actually been going on. The staging of the abduction, which has been described as 'a story poorly told', could perhaps have been purposely hamfisted to convey the impression that it had been improvised very quickly. This could be to draw attention away from something which had been going on in the days before; something which as you say, takes this case into a sinister and dark place.


T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Age : 68
Location : Germany/England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  Lioned on Tue 31 Jan - 21:17

Sorry but i dont buy into this conspiracy that they favour neglect as an alibi.They are not clever enough to think up something like that and they certainly wouldn't want to risk any charges including neglect.
Twist it however you like these parents were negligent,Maddie died as a result of them not taking care of her,that is negligence and i have no doubt these kids were habitually left alone.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  HiDeHo on Tue 31 Jan - 21:21

I have to say that i am pleased to see so many considering the 'Neglect' issue as being a smokescreen for the truth. The trade off for what they SHOULD be accountable for.

I have archived many of my posts on this subject as I tend to ramble on about it so often as I have always believed it to be the case, and often I see my old posts asking if I am the only one to think this way?

Every time the neglect issue is raised and the McCann's blamed for it I almost hear a cheer from TM.

Without realising it, a post that blames the McCanns for neglect, leaving their little ones alone while they go dining at the tapas, leaves the reader subconsciously thinking that the neglect is why Madeleine disappeared and inadvertently suggesting the abduction was the reason she disappeared.

They NEEDED to suggest neglect or the abduction wouldn't have been possible. Kate refers to Wednesday night (in her book) as 'Rachaels turn to be sick'....My opinion is that it is very possible they were watching the children relatively responsibly...each taking turns to stay near all the apartments (or in one or two) and something may have happened to Madeleine.

Rather than one person being responsible (which they would also have been singled out as a target had the 'abductor' taken Madeleine on their 'turn') it was agreed to incorporate the checking to eliminate one person being responsible.

There was a MAJOR reason for not reporting her death...that is another discussion.....but they ENCOURAGED the neglect issue. The mantra in every storylne about them dining in the tapas....Gerry telling Jez more than once about leaving the children...the first time TUESDAY lunchtime! Contrived even at that point (one reason that supports something happening to Madeleine earlier in the week imo)

There was no reason that they could not have said from the start that there was always someone back at the apartments looking after the children..(which according to their statements there was...MO on Sunday, ROB on Tuesday, Rachael on Wednesday) so why didnt they protect themselves against neglect by stating that?

They NEEDED neglect to give the abductor the 'window' of opportunity..(all of THREE MINUTES which I believe was one of their major errors). An abductor could not have taken a child that was being watched.

I could go on forever, as I have posted on this issue more times than anything else and i feel like a broken record, but for those that would like to see some of the reasons that have supported my belief there are lots of examples here.


HiDeHo Posts
http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann/HiDeHo-Posts-1-68493

May 3rd Simulated Abduction or Neglect
http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann/Thursday-May-3rd/May-3rd-Simulated-Abduction-OR-Neglect-1-796646.html

Neglect (Statements that show they cared about childcare)http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann/Individual-Topics/Neglect-1-796651.html

I ABSOLUTELY believe there was no neglect for NUMEROUS reasons.

1) The McCanns claim it to be true. I believe nothing else, why should I believe that?

2) Rachael claims to have had Ella in her apartment for a bath.

3) Gerry told everyone he could about leaving the children alone (so everyone would believe the abduction when they heard it.

4) On video the waiter claims they did not leave the table within short periods of time and he is sure they didn't leave for more than 45 mins.

5) There are many statements that show they really cared about the childcare arrangements prior to arriving (particularly MO) and JT I think.

6) For those of us that believe something happened to Madeleine earlier in the week then every night was 'faked' as being normal...hence the contrived 'checking.

7) The waiter claims that a few times the meal had to be reheated...could that have been because the person that was watching the children was relieved and able to get to the table for the meal?

8) On a video there is undercover filming of Mrs Fenns hairdressers where they claim that the McCanns were at Chaplins...It doesnt make it true, but if they did go there after the tapas they would need someone watching the children. Whether we like them or not, I do believe they all loved their children and would not neglect them in any way.

9) When I write these neglect threads, I always get the feeling that if the McCanns see it they would 'hate' me...because once you take away neglect you are left with them being accountable for what REALLY happened to Madeleine, because she couldnt have been abducted while being watched so how would they explain her disappearance?

10)......110) etc.etc.
Even better.....How could they explain the truth about what happened to little Madeleine?

HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  HiDeHo on Tue 31 Jan - 21:29

Lioned wrote:Sorry but i dont buy into this conspiracy that they favour neglect as an alibi.They are not clever enough to think up something like that and they certainly wouldn't want to risk any charges including neglect.
Twist it however you like these parents were negligent,Maddie died as a result of them not taking care of her,that is negligence and i have no doubt these kids were habitually left alone.

If they were worried about neglect charges they would have claimed the people sick each night were watching the children...

So...Why didn't they?

HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  ann_chovey on Tue 31 Jan - 21:36

mossman wrote:i found what had stuck in my mind about an issue with a cot on arrival. it is as below from david payne's rog interview, although i have no idea what he is actually trying to say about it.

”Mm, err I think one of the things that I remember is there was difficulties you know we was trying to get the cots situation sorted out and I can’t remember, I mean I’ve thought about this when, you know because I went into Kate and Gerry’s apartment right, you know from the beginning to sort out one of the cots because I don’t think they, you know, there was a spare one they, they’d had or just to work that out, but err you know during, during the day as I say I, its such a long time ago and all I can remember is we were you know excited, we were going into one person’s apartment, having a chat and seeing where they’d been, err you know but I must admit I can’t give any detail really err regarding exactly who we chatted to or what, the rest of that day.


Thanks for the reminder, I knew there was something else re the 'cots' situation.

ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2516
Location : France
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  ann_chovey on Tue 31 Jan - 21:37

HiDeHo wrote:
Lioned wrote:Sorry but i dont buy into this conspiracy that they favour neglect as an alibi.They are not clever enough to think up something like that and they certainly wouldn't want to risk any charges including neglect.
Twist it however you like these parents were negligent,Maddie died as a result of them not taking care of her,that is negligence and i have no doubt these kids were habitually left alone.

If they were worried about neglect charges they would have claimed the people sick each night were watching the children...

So...Why didn't they?

Agree with you both. It was all done on the spur of the moment (cover up) or else the stories would have tallied better.

ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2516
Location : France
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  Lioned on Tue 31 Jan - 21:37

If they were prepared to risk a 'neglect' rap rather than the other then they could have come up with something less ridiculous and far less complex than the slapstick events of the third of May and not involving the whole troop either.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  Lioned on Tue 31 Jan - 22:06

So to clarify that i still believe Maddie died before the third May and the events of the night of the third just evolved in the most incompetent way and were not contrived in any kind of intellectual way to invent a 'neglect' alternative,though obviously some element of planning had to go into it.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Neglect or No Neglect?

Post  Sponsored content Today at 20:38


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum