Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann

+24
Sara_Rose_
Karen
tigger
margaret
jd16
contrary
Annabel
jejune
T4two
LJC
jay2001
Autumn
Lioned
Keela
almostgothic
Claudia79
AnnaEsse
wjk
pennylane
marxman
Krisy22
the slave
gillyspot
dutchclogs
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 Empty Re: Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 2 Feb - 14:46

Claudia79 wrote:
Keela wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Keela wrote:Just shows what a good command of the English language our Gerry has. What exactly does " repeatedly carrying out inaccuracies" mean. You can repeat inaccuracies but how do you carry them out?

Another one! How do you 'purport,' a theory? Purport is an intransitive verb: it does not take a direct object. You can purport to be something or purport to do something, e.g., Gerry McCann purports to be a native speaker of English.

He also purports to be a caring father, this has been disproved!

Keela, great minds and all that! Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 294124

Oh yes! Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 23324
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 Empty Re: Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann

Post  Keela Thu 2 Feb - 14:46

Claudia, fancy a game of ping pong??????!!!!!!!! Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 25346 Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 25346
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :
Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Thu 2 Feb - 14:47

Keela wrote:Claudia, fancy a game of ping pong??????!!!!!!!! Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 25346 Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 25346

Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 294124
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Thu 2 Feb - 14:57

He also purports to be a caring father

Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 23324 Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 182123
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Thu 2 Feb - 15:13

Really really exicted, after nearly five years some-one has stood up to them Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 294124
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 2 Feb - 15:18

Is their bed still in one piece today?

I think we should be told ... Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 294124
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 2 Feb - 15:21

chrissie1 wrote:Really really exicted, after nearly five years some-one has stood up to them Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 294124

Not wanting to detract from your excitement but I think Mr. Amaral has been standing up to them for the past 4 years. Ditto in his own way, Mr. Tony Bennett. But I do agree that Pat Brown is an interesting recent addition to the ranks of those who seek the truth and will not be silenced.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Thu 2 Feb - 15:21

almostgothic wrote:Is their bed still in one piece today?

I think we should be told ... Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 294124

Doesn't matter if it isn't. Dreams have got some fantastic deals on at the moment. Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 294124
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Thu 2 Feb - 15:42

A cease and desist is an order or request to halt an activity (cease) and not to take it up again later (desist) or else face legal action. The recipient of the cease-and-desist may be an individual or an organization.
In the U.S. the term is used in two different contexts. A cease-and-desist order can be issued by a judge or government authority, and has a well-defined legal meaning. In contrast, a cease-and-desist letter can be sent by anyone, although typically they are drafted by a lawyer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cease_and_desist

I'm just wondering if legal action in the form of a Cease and Desist Order will automatically follow this letter? An Order, in contrast to a letter, can only be issued by a judge or government authority.

Am I right in thinking the McCanns and their lawyers are not obliged to act on this letter?

Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 2 Feb - 16:00

I assume the letter is a shot across the bows and no more.It may be the prelude to Pat Brown re launching the book elsewhere or indeed the prelude to litigation as previously alluded to.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Thu 2 Feb - 16:12

Lioned wrote:I assume the letter is a shot across the bows and no more.It may be the prelude to Pat Brown re launching the book elsewhere or indeed the prelude to litigation as previously alluded to.

I think you're right about that Lioned. With the court case coming up relating to her book being taken off Amazon this is probably a preliminary procedure basically giving them a last chance before going to court.

Correspondence between Anne Bremner and Amazon

Anne M. Bremner
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
February 1, 2012

Adam Tudor
Carter-Ruck
6 St Andrew Street
London EC4A 3AE

England

Dear Mr. Tudor,

In July 2011, American criminal profiler, author, and television commentator, Pat Brown, released on June 15, 2011 a self-published book of thirty-pages on Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, and Amazon.de, for the price of US2.99. It was titled Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, sold 850 copies over the next five weeks and garnered 49 nearly all five star reviews on Amazon.uk alone. Then, the book vanished from sale on all three sites. Upon questioning, Pat Brown was informed by Amazon that they had received a communications from Carter-Ruck on behalf of their clients Gerald and Kate McCann that the book was defamatory.

Mon 7/25/2011 7:27 PM

Dear Pat,

We have received a notice of defamation from Carter-Ruck Solicitors that says the content of Profile of the Disappearance of Madeleine McCann (UPDATED) B0055WYVCQ, contains defamatory statements regarding their clients, Gerry and Kat (sic) McCann.

Because we have no method of determining whether the content supplied to us is defamatory, we have removed the title from sale and will not reinstate it unless we receive confirmation from both parties that this matter has been resolved.

Carter-Ruck can be reached at:
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Thu 2 Feb - 16:17

I don't think carter ruck ever did say exactly what these mysterious defamatory statements were
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 2 Feb - 17:44

pennylane wrote:
marxman wrote:"I am just a poor boy and my stories
seldom told" La la la!
I just get soo frustrated that this sham,
this scam this blight on humanity and
natural justice keeps going on and on and
on!
I say to Kate and Gerry... Cease and Desist!
This really can't continue.

Sorry rant over Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 25346

I think it's high time the gruesome twosome were

Laying low..... seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 302722 Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 302722

lie la lie

Lie lie lie lie lie lie lie
lie la lie
lie la lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, la la la la lie!

Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 294124

In the clearing stands a boxer, and a fighter by his trade, and he carries the reminder
of every glove Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 839934 that laid him down or cut him till he cried out,
In his anger and his shame,
I am leaving, I am leaving, BUT THE FIGHTER STILL REMAINS! Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 839934 and he'll see you in Court in April, Kate and Gerry! Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 364777
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Thu 2 Feb - 17:46

Jilly on Twitter has sent this notice to all the daily papers, including Leics Murky. I won't hold my breath that any of them dare to print this. But if not, why not? Same reason as they never had the bottle to print the police files. This is news and certainly more interesting/informative than most of the crap they print.

Surely they can't be sued for printing the truth. Maybe some editor somewhere will have the guts to print facts and enlighten the great British public. Living in hope!
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Thu 2 Feb - 17:55

Lie de Lie, lie de lie lie lie lie lie

And here's to you, Kate Healy
Jesus loves you more than you will know (Wo, wo, wo)
God bless you please, Kate Healy
Heaven holds a place for those who pray
(Hey, hey, hey...hey, hey, hey)

We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files
We'd like to help you learn to help yourself
Look around you, all you see are sympathetic eyes
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home.

LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 2 Feb - 17:57

LJC wrote:Lie de Lie, lie de lie lie lie lie lie

Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 307691 Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 307691 Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 307691
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 2 Feb - 18:27

LJC wrote:Lie de Lie, lie de lie lie lie lie lie

I'm going to be a complete pedantic but that's two great Simon and Garfunkel songs meshed together, no matter they're going round in my head now. Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 25346
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 2 Feb - 18:42

Why am I surprised the only U.K. publication mentioning this news is the Anorak Forum under the theme "Madeleine". At least that is all I could find at this point in time. There are some interesting tweets on Pat Brown's twitter (on line) including those from "Rothley Pillow".
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara_Rose_ Thu 2 Feb - 20:42

the slave wrote:Just given them my tuppence worth. I'm not holding my breath ...

You got TWO posts through! and I have to say got some excellent points across. Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 2 944533 I'm surprised (but glad) they published them. Mine didn't make it. :-(

Great news all round. Hope the tide's turning - if those Daily Mail comments are anything to go by, it is!

Good Luck Pat Brown, may the good force be with you.
Sara_Rose_
Sara_Rose_
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 56
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Thu 2 Feb - 21:36

Lioned wrote:I assume the letter is a shot across the bows and no more.It may be the prelude to Pat Brown re launching the book elsewhere or indeed the prelude to litigation as previously alluded to.

I agree, but it makes a nice change to see it aimed the other way, instead of against Amaral and the PJ.
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Fri 3 Feb - 5:28

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  contrary Fri 3 Feb - 12:20

contrary
contrary
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 195
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Fri 3 Feb - 12:26

Now this is a first....are the press finally being strong enough to fight for the truth and for freedom of speech...I wait with baited breath that they are
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Fri 3 Feb - 12:45

jd16 wrote:

Now this is a first....are the press finally being strong enough to fight for the truth and for freedom of speech...I wait with baited breath that they are

Not really, we knew before it was the size of a murder squad working on the review and that some of them were murder squad detectives, but it wasn't mentioned so prominently.

Have a look at the best rated comments - all anti !! If anyone doubts the tide has turned please think again....
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 3 Feb - 12:51

jd16 wrote:

The Leveson inquiry with a lot of semi- or fading celebrities trying to get public sympathy has really riled the press, I think. Because most of the time, these people want to be written about, want their pictures on the front page and do pretty well anything they can to make that happen.

As far as the McC hijack of the thing goes, they've played the media well, getting masses of compensation and afterwards Carter Ruck to tell the papers what would happen if anything appears in print that TM doesn't like. Leveson is all but licking their boots and that hasn't gone down well with the press.
It's five years now, the tide is turning, I can feel it in my toes!
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next