Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

It's in the mail on Sunday now too

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: It's in the mail on Sunday now too

Post  frencheuropean on Sun 5 Feb - 16:37

"Matthew Oldfield, will also be quizzed again. He went to the apartment to check on Madeleine and her siblings Sean and Amelie, now seven, but did not open the door far enough to see Madeleine"

I wonder if he knew the truth and accepted only to mention the twins and not Madeleine in order to protect him and not to be accused of being a false witness later .

frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1187
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  ShabbyTiger on Sun 5 Feb - 17:41

frencheuropean wrote:"Matthew Oldfield, will also be quizzed again. He went to the apartment to check on Madeleine and her siblings Sean and Amelie, now seven, but did not open the door far enough to see Madeleine"

I wonder if he knew the truth and accepted only to mention the twins and not Madeleine in order to protect him and not to be accused of being a false witness later .

Maybe Oldfield is an innocent dupe who was meant to be the one who discovered that Madeleine was missing? Or perhaps he did know the truth, and as you say only mentioned seeing the twins to avoid being the "last person to see Madeleine". Here's hoping that SY grill all these people properly.

ShabbyTiger
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune on Sun 5 Feb - 18:13

I was in the pub having lunch, and somebody on the next table was reading the 'Sunday Express'. I saw the headline about the 'Tapas 7' and had to be a bit cheeky and ask him if he minded me having a quick look at the front page of his paper . I didn't feel able to ask him if I could read the whole article , but needless to say that headline was stuck in my mind until I could get home and read the piece online.

Whatever the ins and outs of what's happening now, if Scotland Yard are trying to prove the McCanns innocent of anything, then there has to be some sort of protest about the amount of public money spent on one case. Their job isn't to follow up other people's leads/information, and show that they were all wrong, and the 'persons of interest' were in the right - it's to investigate serious crime. If there's no evidence of abduction, then what's the crime? They must have some idea, after all the expense, the trips abroad and the resources applied.

I can't see how Scotland Yard (and the current government) can possibly justify the public expense if it's all about showing that Madeleine must have been abducted by a swarthy stranger, with no facial features. There's surely got to be a good chance that the CPS would agree that evidence should be taken into court. Otherwise the whole thing is outrageous, when there are so many other children abducted and missing in the UK, whose families have no ongoing government support.

jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave on Sun 5 Feb - 22:37

There's 40 comments now, mostly negative. Things are going badly for the duo. The Wheel of Fortuna is turning downwards for them.
It happens.

the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse on Sun 5 Feb - 22:58

the slave wrote:There's 40 comments now, mostly negative. Things are going badly for the duo. The Wheel of Fortuna is turning downwards for them.
It happens.

Lots of brilliant comments there. The Mail is doing well to let all of them stand.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:29