Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary

+18
cherry1
Wallflower
amber
Autumn
pennylane
Lillyofthevalley
Bobsy
ShabbyTiger
almostgothic
dazedandconfused
AnnaEsse
cass
interested
Claudia79
the slave
flower
Chris
Annabel
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary Empty Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary

Post  Autumn Sat 11 Feb - 21:13

This very sad news has been released by the MF Group.

ETA - I believe the source to be reliable but wonder if MF members can confirm this before putting up the letter?

Last edited by Autumn on Sat 11 Feb - 21:21; edited 1 time in total
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary Empty Re: Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary

Post  Guest Sat 11 Feb - 21:19

Why "very sad"? Very sensible is more like it, he needs to keep himself out of gaol. It's not as if the MF is being disbanded or anything, somebody else will take over meantime. Look on it as a tactical withdrawal. For now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary Empty Re: Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary

Post  Autumn Sat 11 Feb - 21:24

Iris wrote:Why "very sad"? Very sensible is more like it, he needs to keep himself out of gaol. It's not as if the MF is being disbanded or anything, somebody else will take over meantime. Look on it as a tactical withdrawal. For now.

It may well be tactical (though I very much doubt it). However it's very sad to hear the awful toll the legal action has taken on his health. I thought it best to leave it to a member of the MF to post the letter up.

After seeing how ill Amaral looks in the photo with Pat, and now TB's health issues, I hope the McCanns feel proud of their actions....I expect they do.

Last edited by Autumn on Sat 11 Feb - 21:54; edited 2 times in total
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :
Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 11 Feb - 21:27

Neither of them look well, Tony or Goncalo Amaral. I hope this is all ended sooner rather than later, for everyone's sakes. I already saw that the odious pro Tony is blogging that MF Tony is "faking it" and pretending to be ill to garner sympathy with the judges. Disgusting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 11 Feb - 21:31

Must be taking a leaf out of Healy & McCann's book if he is faking (which I doubt very much indeed).

Anyone would think that Healy & McCann are not long for this world reading all the guff they spout.

Seems they can dish it out, but can't take it. Archetypal bully syndrome.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 11 Feb - 21:33

Do you have a link to this? Can't see anything on the MF site about it
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 11 Feb - 21:37

It's true, Tony put it up himself on Twitter.

Anthony Bennett @zampos

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

#McCann I'm no longer Madeleine Foundation Sec, nor on Committee wef. 9 Feb. Must focus on keeping out of prison. Thanx 4 all the nice msgs

Last edited by Iris on Sat 11 Feb - 21:39; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sat 11 Feb - 21:37

jd16 wrote:Do you have a link to this? Can't see anything on the MF site about it

I'm told it's posted on a FB Group by a member of MF who says she has been authorized to release it to the public. All the same it might be best to wait until TB verifies it...there's no mention on Jill's forum yet.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 11 Feb - 21:38

Autumn wrote:
jd16 wrote:Do you have a link to this? Can't see anything on the MF site about it

I'm told it's posted on a FB Group by a member of MF who says she has been authorized to release it to the public. All the same it might be best to wait until TB verifies it...there's no mention on Jill's forum yet.

@zamposAnthony Bennett
#McCann I'm no longer Madeleine Foundation Sec, nor on Committee wef. 9 Feb. Must focus on keeping out of prison. Thanx 4 all the nice msgs

Last edited by Chris on Sat 11 Feb - 21:41; edited 2 times in total
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 11 Feb - 21:40

Autumn wrote:

Thanks Autumn. If anything is released from Tony then it would be on Jills and the MF site. 'If' this is true he will never give up thats for sure, maybe he is prioriting his time in different ways
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Sat 11 Feb - 21:40

If true - how very sad........... I too think both GA & TB look like the strain is telling. This needs to be sorted one way or the other................. and all because two parents took their three children, with a combined age of seven on holiday and came back with two.......................... and Nobody is expected to question the whys of it all...........................
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 678
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 11 Feb - 21:43

Well said, Flower: The disappearance of Madeleine is by no means the only tragedy, sadly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 11 Feb - 21:46

@zamposAnthony Bennett

Im not sure about this. I can't find this tweet anywhere
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 11 Feb - 21:48

I'm a bit surprised about the Prison bit - I mean, I know it is within the tariff, but it is highly unlikely to be applied.

This guy isn't exactly Jeffrey Archer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 11 Feb - 21:49

jd16 wrote:
@zamposAnthony Bennett

Well I certainly haven't made it up, if that is what you are suggesting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sat 11 Feb - 21:49

More here from Sharon Lawrence, Madeleine Foundation:

http://littlemorsals.blogspot.com/
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 11 Feb - 21:52

Iris wrote:
jd16 wrote:
@zamposAnthony Bennett

No I wasn't suggesting this at all. I just meant I could't find it on twitter and suspect its a wind up. Tony doesn't speak like this either
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 11 Feb - 21:56

jd16 wrote:
Iris wrote:
jd16 wrote:
@zamposAnthony Bennett

No I wasn't suggesting this at all. I just meant I could't find it on twitter and suspect its a wind up. Tony doesn't speak like this either

I copied it from his timeline on twitter so it is either him posting it or his account has been hacked. It is still there.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 11 Feb - 21:59

Its looking like its true
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sat 11 Feb - 21:59

Thanks Annabel

From Sharon Lawrence, Madeleine Foundation:
It is with regret that on the day after the hearing Tony resigned as Secretary and also from the Committee of The Madeleine Foundation. Tony has authorised us to say that he feels that, given the pressures he is under of having to fight a contempt of court action on his own, which could lead to his imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine, he must disengage from the Madeleine Foundation which he set up over 4 years ago.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 11 Feb - 22:01

Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary 6858806233_b417df6037
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sat 11 Feb - 22:04

Iris wrote:Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary 6858806233_b417df6037

Thanks Iris that's definitely TB's Twitter account.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sat 11 Feb - 22:22

Iris wrote:Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary 6858806233_b417df6037

Thanks Iris & Annabelle....yes its Tony
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Sat 11 Feb - 22:26

flower wrote:If true - how very sad........... I too think both GA & TB look like the strain is telling. This needs to be sorted one way or the other................. and all because two parents took their three children, with a combined age of seven on holiday and came back with two.......................... and Nobody is expected to question the whys of it all...........................

Do you know what? Regardless of whether it's true or not my above comment still stands............ This has to be sorted and soon................. and I stand by my above................
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 678
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sat 11 Feb - 22:30

One disappeared child and the ill health of countless people trying to seek justice for her. The McCanns are truly despicable. Note I haven't said guilty, murder or any of the other words attributed to us nutters.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next