Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary

+18
cherry1
Wallflower
amber
Autumn
pennylane
Lillyofthevalley
Bobsy
ShabbyTiger
almostgothic
dazedandconfused
AnnaEsse
cass
interested
Claudia79
the slave
flower
Chris
Annabel
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary - Page 2 Empty Re: Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary

Post  jd16 Sat 11 Feb - 22:30

flower wrote:

Do you know what? Regardless of whether it's true or not my above comment still stands............ This has to be sorted and soon.................

Couldn't agree more. After the court case Tony can always go back, I guess it makes absolute sense to totally concentrate on the court case at the moment, especially on your own against CR and the government powers.

Did someone say this was a democratic country based on free speech?
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :
Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary - Page 2 Empty Re: Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary

Post  Guest Sat 11 Feb - 22:31

flower wrote:

Do you know what? Regardless of whether it's true or not my above comment still stands............ This has to be sorted and soon................. and I stand by my above................

And I still say "Well said, Flower: The disappearance of Madeleine is by no means the only tragedy, sadly."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sat 11 Feb - 22:31

flower wrote:
flower wrote:If true - how very sad........... I too think both GA & TB look like the strain is telling. This needs to be sorted one way or the other................. and all because two parents took their three children, with a combined age of seven on holiday and came back with two.......................... and Nobody is expected to question the whys of it all...........................

Do you know what? Regardless of whether it's true or not my above comment still stands............ This has to be sorted and soon................. and I stand by my above................

I agree flower, this has been taken to a whole new level by TM. Enough is enough, how many more people are going to suffer as a result of whatever happened over in PDL that week?
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sat 11 Feb - 22:53

flower wrote:
flower wrote:If true - how very sad........... I too think both GA & TB look like the strain is telling. This needs to be sorted one way or the other................. and all because two parents took their three children, with a combined age of seven on holiday and came back with two.......................... and Nobody is expected to question the whys of it all...........................

Well said indeed.
I bet it would be very difficult to count up all the casualties, the damaged and disrupted lives associated with this case.
The McCann sceptics who are constantly threatened by legal action.
The potential witnesses who are 'visited' and pestered.
The wrongly accused.
The blonde kids grabbed in the street or splashed all over the papers.
The antis who are verbally abused 24/7 and sometimes by people who should know better.

And who would know better than a couple of doctors how this relentless trashing and manipulating of human beings can lead to stress and ill-health?
They know alright, but they do it anyway.
What does that tell you about them?
What does that tell you about the people who support them?
Tapas 7 - you are all a party to this.
Are you going to sit on your pampered arses for another five years and do nothing?
Do you think Moral Fibre is a type of breakfast cereal?

You're right, flower.
This has to be sorted out.
SOON.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Sat 11 Feb - 23:58

BRAVO, Almostgothic!!!
*stands up and applauds*
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Sun 12 Feb - 0:25

almostgothic wrote:
flower wrote:

Well said indeed.
I bet it would be very difficult to count up all the casualties, the damaged and disrupted lives associated with this case.
The McCann sceptics who are constantly threatened by legal action.
The potential witnesses who are 'visited' and pestered.
The wrongly accused.
The blonde kids grabbed in the street or splashed all over the papers.
The antis who are verbally abused 24/7 and sometimes by people who should know better.

And who would know better than a couple of doctors how this relentless trashing and manipulating of human beings can lead to stress and ill-health?
They know alright, but they do it anyway.
What does that tell you about them?
What does that tell you about the people who support them?
Tapas 7 - you are all a party to this.
Are you going to sit on your pampered arses for another five years and do nothing?
Do you think Moral Fibre is a type of breakfast cereal?

You're right, flower.
This has to be sorted out.
SOON.

Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary - Page 2 307691 Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary - Page 2 307691 Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary - Page 2 307691
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Feb - 0:37

I'm a member of the Madeleine Foundation and have received e-mails from both Sharon Lawrence and Tony himself to confirm this news.

I expect that the pros are dancing round their broomsticks that another person has been made ill by the McCanns.

Last edited by Not Born Yesterday on Sun 12 Feb - 0:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo corrected)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 12 Feb - 0:42

I remember when Guilhermino da Encarnação died of cancer someone saying that another obstacle had been removed. Nice people!
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 12 Feb - 0:55

Sorry to hear that Tony Bennett has resigned but can understand his position at this time. Yes, he is another casualty of the McCanns' but he will not be victim.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sun 12 Feb - 9:30

tony with all my heart a thankyou i wish you a wonderful life and hope your health improves . you can hold your head high and say you wanted justice for madeleine she is a victim in all this . some uk newspapers forget that you cannot take 3 children out of the uk on holiday . leave them alone night after night , have your free time with friends , to return back to the uk without 1 child remain celebs for years and no questions asked . how many more victims will there be before it all stops ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 12 Feb - 9:47

Dear Tony,

I think you are doing exactly the right thing in scaling things down, and I'm very pleased you have made this sensible decision. You most definitely will be sorely missed but I'd much rather you be well, and for you to maximise your chances of success in your upcoming trial. I'm only surprised you didn't make this decision much earlier with all you have had to contend with.

Thank you again for taking so many risks, and investing so much of your time and energy into this worthy cause.

You are a truly a hero and a gentleman Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary - Page 2 83453

Last edited by pennylane on Sun 12 Feb - 9:53; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 12 Feb - 9:51

pennylane wrote:Dear Tony,

I think you are doing exactly the right thing in scaling things down, and I'm very pleased you have made this sensible decision. You most definitely will be sorely missed but I'd much rather you be well, and for you to maximise your chances of success in the upcoming trial. I'm only surprised you didn't make this decision much earlier with all you have had to contend with.

Thank you again for taking so many risks, and investing so much of your time and energy into this worthy cause.

You are a truly a hero and a gentleman Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary - Page 2 83453

Pennylane, I have been trying to find words to express how I feel about all this. You've done it so well and I'll just join you and second what you have said so succinctly.

Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary - Page 2 307691 For Tony, Pat and Gonçalo
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sun 12 Feb - 11:17

AnnaEsse wrote:

I think you are doing exactly the right thing in scaling things down, and I'm very pleased you have made this sensible decision. You most definitely will be sorely missed but I'd much rather you be well, and for you to maximise your chances of success in the upcoming trial. I'm only surprised you didn't make this decision much earlier with all you have had to contend with.

Pennylane, I have been trying to find words to express how I feel about all this. You've done it so well and I'll just join you and second what you have said so succinctly.

Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary - Page 2 307691 For Tony, Pat and Gonçalo

Me too. Thanks pennylane.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 12 Feb - 11:33

It is terribly sad that Tony has had to take a back seat from the Foundation and forums due to the intolerable stress placed upon him by the Mccanns and their legal teams and those who have chosen to abuse him on the forums. At the end of the day Tony has asked justifiable questions and pointed out things which dont make sense about this case, questions which many of us are asking, all in order to try and find out what happened to their daughter, you would think that any parents whose daughter has gone missing would welcome any help at all to try and work towards finding out the truth.

The fact that he has been treated in this manner, merely reinforces for many of us that something is being covered up which is why they have come up with any trumped up reason to try and silence Tony as we have seen with other respected people like Mr. Amaral and Pat Brown. Tony has done much valuable work on many cases including exposing Police corruption on one case in Essex.

I would hope therefore that any judge would see that he is a sensible man, who works tirelessly to uncover injustices and raise awareness of cases which dont make sense in order to try and uncover the truth. That such a man should be targetted as Tony has been shows how truly despicable these people are in having no qualms about damaging his health and that of his family. They seem quite content to let the unanswered questions remain unanswered and therefore for Madeleine to remain missing.

In these circumstances Tony has made the right decision for himself and his family and we can but hope that one day the truth will come out and the Mccanns and their bullyboys be brought to account for the way they have behaved.

Let us not forget here, did people ask any questions or have suscpicions when Sarah Payne went missing, no, because the Paynes co-operated with the Police, they answered questions, they didnt surround themselves with a celebrity circus so from their behaviour they never triggered off any suspicions.
If the Mccanns dont like people asking questions, they have to look to themselves and take responsibility for their own behaivour, their own refusal to co-operate with the Police, their refusal to answer questions, saying one thing in one interview and apparently contradicting it in the next interview, apparently having discrepancies in ther statements along with their friends, setting up the Fund and the way in which that money has been spent etc. etc.,

But for the work that Tony and some others have done, including those who have opened forums to allow us to discuss the case, this case may well have been buried and forgotten about so let us hope that this man who has fought so hard to find out what happened to Madeleine can recoup his strength and return to full health and have peace and quiet with his family and also of course, to obtain justice in his up and coming case.

In all honesty it is my opinion that the Mccanns and their teams should all be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Last edited by cherry1 on Sun 12 Feb - 11:41; edited 1 time in total
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Feb - 11:38

Hear, hear Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary - Page 2 307691
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 12 Feb - 11:47

The higher you build your barriers
The taller I become
The farther you take my rights away
The faster I will run ......

The more you refuse to hear my voice
The louder I will sing
You hide behind walls of Jericho
Your lies will come tumbling
Deny my place in time
You squander wealth that's mine
My light will shine so brightly
It will blind you ......

Labi Siffre - Something Inside So Strong

almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sun 12 Feb - 12:41

Tony has put the following up on Jills this morning. Words just escape me except look after yourself Tony and your health in most important. We are all with you and seething with anger about all this

This is an extract from the latest Madeleine Foundation newsletter, sent to members and supporters yesterday morning, to which I shall add a comment below:

2. The resignation of Tony Bennett as Secretary and from the Madeleine Foundation Committee

It is with regret that on the day after the hearing Tony resigned as Secretary and also from the Committee of The Madeleine Foundation. Tony has authorised us to say that he feels that, given the pressures he is under of having to fight a contempt of court action on his own, which could lead to his imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine, he must disengage from the Madeleine Foundation which he set up over 4 years ago.

On Monday 6 February he saw two Doctors at his practice about a recent deterioration in his asthma condition. At that consultation, his blood pressure was significantly raised for the first time ever in his life. Given an extremely stressful 2-day trial ahead of him, and a huge amount of preparation he has ahead of him, he has to focus on defending himself. We would all like to emphasise that the work of the Madeleine Foundation continues as before, subject to what we say in the next section of our Newsletter.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some people have been unable to understand why I am having to defend this committal to prison application unrepresented.

It is not really as if I have any choice. The cardboard box that arrived by limousine courier on 1 December contained five large Lever Arch files with 2,000 pages of evidence against me and a list of 153 alleged breaches of an undertaking.

These alleged breaches included:

* Reading out the 48 questions that Dr Kate McCann refused tro answer on 7 September 2007

* The publishing of 'The Madeleine McCann Case Files: Volume 1' (to which the McCanns had raised no previous objection whatsoever during the preceding 23 months since its publication in January 2010), and

* On 5 February, referring to Madeleine's disappearance as a 'mystery', 14 days before the McCanns' spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, referred to it on 19 February 2010 as 'a complete mystery'

On taking legal advice I discovered that huge solicitor's and barrister's fees would be needed merely to READ these 2,000 pages before they could even start to give ADVICE in wrtiting. Then having studied 2,000 pages and looked up the law and advised, there would be huge further fees for CONFERENCES with a barrister in London to discuss the law and strategies etc. plus of course further sizeable fees for REPRESENTATION.

The solicitor I saw also advised that a detailed reply would be required to each and every alleged breach of undertaking.

By the time we got to the hearing on 8 February, I had worked my way through formulating a written response to a few dozen of the alleged breaches. Much of this time may prove to be wasted, since Mr Justice Tugendhat effectively told the Cater-Ruck team in court to go away and reduce this to 10 specimen alleged breaches. His references to 'the large volume of Lever Arch files on my table' and his statement that 'there is considerable force in Mr Bennett's submission that he needs more time to answer 2,000 pages of allegations' made clear that he thought Carter-Ruck had been excessive in their approach to proving an alleged breach of undertaking.

That is small comfort as I now have to wait to find out which are my '25 or so' worst offences (Carter-Ruck want 25 in there, not 10), and start the process of responding to these all over again.

Some might argue that the delivery of the box was meant to be intimidating and that listing 153 breaches and photocopying lengthy articles from our website and this forum in full was meant to send out this message:

"You'll either have to fork out tens of thousands on legal fees - or struggle on alone without help".

That unfortunately is the state of our libel laws at the moment.

By the way, just one thing for the record. It is only ONE undertaking that is at issue in these proceedings, namely the one dealing with not libelling the McCanns in future. Here is a full list of the other things I agreed to on 25 November 2009, all of which I fulfilled apart from selling one book to Mr Gunnill/Sangerte/Tarwin/Peters, who said he needed the book 'for reasons of historical research).

Off to my mother's on the south coast in a few minutes and take her out to Sunday lunch:

LIST OF UNDERTAKINGS COMPLIED WITH:

· To deliver up all hard copies of “What really happened to Madeleine McCann? 60 key reasons which suggest that she was not abducted” (known in short as ‘60 Reasons’) to Carter-Ruck

· To deliver up all hard copies of the leaflet entitled “What really happened to Madeleine McCann? 10 key reasons which suggest that she was not abducted

· To destroy any electronic version of ‘What really happened to Madeleine McCann? 60 key reasons which suggest that she was not abducted”.

· To destroy any electronic version of the leaflet entitled “What really happened to Madeleine McCann? 10 key reasons which suggest that she was not abducted

· To close our website, whose domain name was: www.madeleinefoundation.org‘

· To use my best endeavours to delete or otherwise prevent access to any and all defamatory allegations about the Claimants published by him on the website https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

· To use my best endeavours to delete or otherwise prevent access to any and all defamatory allegations about the Claimants published by him on the website http://democracyforum.co.uk

· To use my best endeavours to delete or otherwise prevent access to any and all defamatory allegations about the Claimants published by him on the website http://www.anorak.co.uk

· To use my best endeavours to delete or otherwise prevent access to any and all defamatory allegations about the Claimants published by him on the website www.truthformadeleine.com

· To pay £440.00 towards the Defendant’s costs [subsequently reduced to £400.00.]
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sun 12 Feb - 12:49

it is a pity there isnt some decent barrister out there who will take this case on
for nothing to help Tony against these bullyboys!

Last edited by cherry1 on Sun 12 Feb - 12:59; edited 1 time in total
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Feb - 12:49

Healy & McCann have created a monster - they appear to have neither conscience nor scruples - nor any intention to allow Madeleine to be found and the "complete mystery" (as it is described by Clarence Mitchell) to be resolved.

Why?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 12 Feb - 12:52

I think you are doing exactly the right thing in scaling things down, and I'm very pleased you have made this sensible decision. You most definitely will be sorely missed but I'd much rather you be well, and for you to maximise your chances of success in your upcoming trial. I'm only surprised you didn't make this decision much earlier with all you have had to contend with.

Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary - Page 2 307691 Hear hear Penny! well said, he is a man amongst men Mr Bennet your hard work will not be wasted Tony Bennett Resignation from the MF as Secretary - Page 2 306474
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 12 Feb - 12:59

Just think, all this would have been avoided if Kate and Gerry McCann would have just acted responsibly and seen their way to properly supervising their 3 tiny children on that fateful holiday. They have caused so much suffering to so many people, and poor little Madeleine has paid the biggest price of all.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 12 Feb - 13:07

pennylane wrote:Just think, all this would have been avoided if Kate and Gerry McCann would have just acted responsibly and seen their way to properly supervising their 3 tiny children on that fateful holiday. They have caused so much suffering to so many people, and poor little Madeleine has paid the biggest price of all.

Pennylane whatever mistake they made on that holiday if they had TOLD THE TRUTH all this would be behind them now, and if they had gone to prison they would have been released by now imo.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 12 Feb - 13:10

The End Is Nigh wrote:Healy & McCann have created a monster - they appear to have neither conscience nor scruples - nor any intention to allow Madeleine to be found and the "complete mystery" (as it is described by Clarence Mitchell) to be resolved.

Why?

And the problem is now "that monster is totaly out of control"
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 12 Feb - 13:36

Lillyofthevalley wrote:
pennylane wrote:Just think, all this would have been avoided if Kate and Gerry McCann would have just acted responsibly and seen their way to properly supervising their 3 tiny children on that fateful holiday. They have caused so much suffering to so many people, and poor little Madeleine has paid the biggest price of all.

Pennylane whatever mistake they made on that holiday if they had TOLD THE TRUTH all this would be behind them now, and if they had gone to prison they would have been released by now imo.

But if the tapasniks drugged their kids to go out socialising resulting in a fatality, with all the parents being doctors; one being Training Programme Director at the West Peninsula deanery, and an "expert" in acute internal medicine I believe; not only would the bunch of them be despised across the board, their future careers and style of living would be kaput.... and that's not to mention what would have happened to their tiny children who would have been considered "at risk." The individual repercussions would have been phenomenal.

Last edited by pennylane on Sun 12 Feb - 13:37; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ShabbyTiger Sun 12 Feb - 13:37

Lillyofthevalley wrote:

Exactly. I would also have had some sympathy for them too, had they told the truth from day one. They are in too deep now, and that knock on the door could come at any time.

May I offer my best wishes to Tony Bennett who is a brave man.
ShabbyTiger
ShabbyTiger
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next