Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cruel stepfather hugged Baby P

Go down

Cruel stepfather hugged Baby P Empty Sister of Baby P ‘was also abused’

Post  Guest Sun 16 Nov - 6:39

A sister of Baby P, the 17-month-old boy killed while under the protection of Haringey social services, was allegedly seriously abused despite also being on the council’s “at risk” register.

The girl and Baby P, who died in August last year at the hands of his mother, stepfather and a lodger, had both become subjects of child protection plans eight months earlier.

Baby P was found dead in his blood-spattered cot with multiple injuries including fractured ribs and a broken back. He had suffered months of physical torture but social workers and other officials failed to save him despite more than 60 visits. It has now emerged that Baby P’s sister was also allegedly subjected to serious abuse. Legal restrictions prevent further details being disclosed.

The job of Sharon Shoesmith, head of children’s services in Haringey, was in the balance this weekend with ministers privately describing her position as untenable. An inquiry began last week into child protection in the borough.

Ed Balls, the children’s secretary, has accused the council of breaching government guidelines on child protection and is furious at the failures. Shoesmith has not apologised and says there is no need for resignations.

Balls said yesterday: “I am angry that crucial interventions to save this little boy were not made. Professionals working with children do a tough job in very difficult communities but I will not hesitate to act on the findings of the investigation.”

Baby P’s mother, her boyfriend and a lodger, Jason Owen, were convicted of causing or allowing his death. On Friday a judge told the trio that they should expect substantial prison sentences.

Shoesmith and officials at Haringey council have repeatedly cited an initial inquiry into Baby P’s death as evidence that they were not to blame.

One of the authors of that report, Fergus Smith, an independent consultant, admitted this weekend that his inquiry was of “limited value”. He said he had been given no independent access to documents or staff for his investigation.

He also said that a panel chaired by Shoesmith had met him to agree the content of the report before it was published last week, but insisted that the document was not a “whitewash”. He said it had limited value in the light of the criminal trial. “There has been further and pretty worrying information that has emerged from the criminal trial,” he said.

The public outcry over the death of Baby P and the inability of Haringey social services to prevent it has triggered a government inquiry into the running of the department, jointly conducted by Ofsted, the Healthcare Commission and HM Inspectorate of Constabulary.

A spokesman for Haringey council refused to comment on its conduct relating to Baby P’s sister.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article5162711.ece
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Cruel stepfather hugged Baby P Empty Re: Cruel stepfather hugged Baby P

Post  Susan Sun 16 Nov - 9:35

Well at least she will be saved from those bastard killers!

I wonder how old the sister is?
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :
Cruel stepfather hugged Baby P Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cruel stepfather hugged Baby P Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 16 Nov - 13:10

Ambersuz wrote:Well at least she will be saved from those bastard killers!

I wonder how old the sister is?

Bet she'll be scarred for life though knowing her parents could have killed her too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 16 Nov - 14:13

Poor girl. What a F******* waste of time those social workers are.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Cruel stepfather hugged Baby P Empty Cruel stepfather hugged Baby P

Post  Guest Sat 22 Nov - 6:44

Cruel stepfather hugged Baby P during his first birthday party to hide the infant's bruises

By Matthew Drake
Last updated at 11:39 PM on 21st November 2008

It was Baby P's first birthday party and family and friends were keen to give the little boy a cuddle.

But his sadistic stepfather would not let them anywhere near him.

They now realise that he was desperate to hide the signs of the torture which was already being inflicted on the infant.

Baby P remained tightly cradled in the lap of his abuser while his mother introduced guests to her new man, who made them feel uncomfortable by refusing to speak.

A former neighbour said the child appeared 'limp' and 'sad' as he was denied the chance to play with his presents.

Paulette Hamilton, 43, told how his mother pleaded with her not to tell the child's biological father about her new relationship, saying: 'We are just good friends for now.'

It has already been revealed how Baby P's face was smeared with chocolate during visits by social workers, to cover up his bruises.

Mrs Hamilton lived near the squalid council flat formerly occupied by Baby P's natural parents in Haringey.

She said: 'I have known the baby's mother for a long time. She was a lazy, dirty woman who never cleaned, never worked and could not be bothered to even feed her own children.

'But Baby P was a beautiful child and it is terrifying what happened to him. Now I realise the signs were there at his birthday party.'

Mrs Hamilton told how the relationship between Baby P's natural parents had crumbled.

'I went to their wedding and looking back it was quite a happy affair. It was held at Haringey Civic Centre where all the councillors work. We had a party back at their home with only a handful of people.

'He was a lot older than her and I think that made it hard. In the end she probably got tired of him and he would have had enough of her lying around all the time.

'She was fond of tarting herself up in low-cut tops and short dresses and going clubbing on her own.

'Her husband would be left at home. He was a lovely man who worked hard and tried to make things work.

'Her mother did not like him and there were lots of fallings out. She kept the flat in a disgusting state and if it hadn't been for him it would have been even worse.'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 22 Nov - 8:44

Another stupid woman who did nothing. The list grows daily.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 22 Nov - 23:48

Alpha wrote:Another stupid woman who did nothing. The list grows daily.

WELL SAID ALPHA!!! Absolutely my thoughts. Stupid cow!!! Why didn't she report the mother to SS??? If my neighbour was 'dirty, lazy and didn't feed the kids properly' do you think i'd be sitting in my house saying nothing?????? FGS!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down