Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humans were involved in disappearance says lead Azaria detective

+7
jay2001
Justiceforallkids
Wintabells
kitti
wjk
MaryB
Panda
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Humans were involved in disappearance says lead Azaria detective Empty Humans were involved in disappearance says lead Azaria detective

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 17 Feb - 3:15

Nigel Adlam
Northern Territory News
February 17, 2012 12:40PM

New inquest into Azaria Chambe...
The Lindy Chamberlain Files

Lindy Chamberlain

Exhibits in the Azaria Chamberlain case 30 years on. Lindy Chamberlain gets first view of remains of Azaria's matinee Jacket after it was found in 1986. Source: The Daily Telegraph

THERE was definitely "human involvement" in the disappearance of Azaria Chamberlain, the detective who investigated the case has said.[/b]

Lindy Chamberlain was freed from Darwin prison after the baby's matinee jacket was found at Uluru.

Another coronial inquiry will be held next Friday, the NT News reported.

Retired policeman Denver Marchant, predicted a dingo would be found guilty of the murder in 1980, said the inquest was "pointless" unless evidence about the jacket was heard.

"Mrs Chamberlain identified the jacket that I showed to her at the Forensic Section many years ago as being worn by the baby at the time of her disappearance," he told the NT News.

"The viewing was video-and still-photo recorded.

Mr Marchant said there was no evidence of damage or canine incisions on the jacket he examined in Mrs Chamberlain's presence.

"(There were) no rips, no tears, no precise dingo scissors teeth cuts, only some stitching that had become loose with the loops intact," he said.

"Of particular interest was the single button at the neck had the thread passing through the button hole. The button had become detached though remained adhering to the buttonhole.

"The jacket was inside out when the package was opened for the first time at Forensic Section, again in her presence. In a nutshell, the jacket was inside out with a button stuck to the button hole ...

"There was no damage consistent with a canine attack and it would appear the jacket was removed and turned inside out while buttoned up."

Mrs Chamberlain was released in 1986 after the jacket was found, partially buried. Mr Marchant said "a few rough experiments" carried out by late forensics experts Joy Kuhl and Brian Nieman showed the jacket could not be removed from a doll by pulling it over the head and turning it inside out.

But that could be done if the doll had no head.

"So what happened?" Mr Marchant asked. "Don't know. Was not there. Pure conjecture."

"But perhaps the dingo while running off with the child, stopped, undid the jacket, took it off, buttoned it up again, turned it inside out, buried it and then made off ... with the child."

He said the first coroner, the late Dinny Barret, found there had been human involvement in the disappearance of Azaria.

Date set for new Chamberlain inquest

Dingo dilemma for juror who believed

New research supports dingo theory

I'll finally prove a dingo took my baby

Lindy Chamberlain jury note case dropped

'May my daughter finally rest in peace'

Azaria's ghost may finally rest

Did a dingo do it? We'll never know

Inside the case against Lindy

Azaria Chamberlain jury secrets

Timeline

June 11, 1980 Azaria Chantel Loren Chamberlain is born, the third child of Seventh Day Adventist pastor Michael Chamberlain and his wife Lindy. Her name of Hebrew origin - means helped by God.

August 17, 1980 On the second night of a family holiday at Ayers Rock (now Uluru), Azaria then nine weeks old, and weighing 4.5kg is put to bed alongside brother Reagan, 4.

August 17, 1980 About 8pm, Azaria cries and Lindy goes to check on her. She is not in the tent.

Lindy cries out: "My God, my God, the dingo's got my baby!" Three hundred people, including Aboriginal trackers, search the area but find nothing.

August 24, 1980 Wally Goodwin finds Azarias bloodstained jumpsuit, booties, nappy and singlet near the base of the Rock. Her matinee jacket remains missing.

August 1980 The nations focus turns to Lindy and Michael and their behaviour after Azarias death. Rumours include that Azaria means sacrifice in the wilderness and that Azaria was dressed in black. The world is fascinated; Australia is divided.

October 1980 Police statements are given by Lindy, Michael, their son Aidan, 6, and Regan at Mt Isa. Their 1977 Torana is searched.

February 20, 1981 Alice Springs Coroner Denis Barritt finds a dingo took Azaria but her body was disposed of by person or persons unknown. Forensic expert Ken Brown requests permission to do further tests on the jumpsuit.

September, 1981 The Chamberlain's My Isa home is raided. More than 300 items are seized, including clothing and scissors.

November 20, 1981 Northern Territory Supreme Court quashes the first inquest and orders a new one. Among the reasons is the discovery of large quantities of blood in the now-dismantled family car.

February 2, 1982 After new forensic evidence some of it related to bloodstains - is presented at a second inquest, Coroner Gerry Galvin commits Lindy to stand trial charged with murdering Azaria. Michael Chamberlain is charged as an accessory after the fact.

September 13, 1982 The murder trial begins in Darwin amid intense public interest. Dingo jokes abound as the nation speculates about Lindys guilt or innocence. By now, Lindy is pregnant with her fourth child.

September 1982 Sensational evidence is presented. A dingo was heard growling near the tent. Biologist Joy Kuhl says the blood in the Torana is from an infant. An expert says it would be impossible for a babys head to fit inside a dingos mouth. The defence then shows a photo of a dolls head in dingos jaw.

October 29, 1982 Lindy is found guilty of murder and sentenced to life imprisonment. Michael receives an 18-month suspended sentence.

November 17, 1982 The Chamberlains second daughter Kahlia is born in custody. Two days after giving birth, Lindy is released on bail pending an appeal.

April 29, 1983 The Federal Court unanimously rejects an appeal. Lindy is held at Mulawa Women's Prison, then transferred to Darwin after an application for bail pending a High Court appeal fails. Kahlia goes to live with foster parents Wayne and Jenny Miller.

July 19 & 27, 1983 Solicitor Stuart Tipple applies for Lindy's temporary release after Reagan is blinded in one eye when a bottle thrown into a fire in the familys backyard explodes. The request is denied.

February 22, 1984 The High Court appeal fails in a split judgement of 2 to 3.

May 3, 1984 A petition of 131,000 signatures calling for Lindy's release and a judicial inquiry is presented to Governor General Sir Ninian Stevens. Meanwhile, new reports suggest the blood in the car was paint emulsion.

November 17, 1984 An application for release is made after Kahlia's foster parents are transferred. The application denied. Kahlia goes to new foster parents, Dr Owen and Jan Hughes.

November 1985 Evil Angels by Melbourne barrister John Bryson is published. It suggests the Chamberlains might have been wrongfully convicted.

February 3, 1986 Chamberlain solicitor Stuart Tipple is tipped off that the missing matinee jacket of Azaria has been found during a search for missing body parts belonging to a fallen climber at Ayers Rock. The jacket has been held at the Alice Springs Court House since January 31.

February 7, 1986 Local reporter Frank Alcorta is incensed when he discovers the matinee jacket has been held in secret for days. He threatens to publish an article if Northern Territory Government does not release Lindy from jail or call a royal commission. It complies.

June 2, 1987 After a 14-month Royal Commission, Justice Trevor Morling clears the Chamberlains. He slams the evidence offered by Joy Kuhl and other key prosecution witnesses. The Northern Territory government offers the Chamberlains a pardon.

November 4, 1988 The film Evil Angels (A Cry in the Dark), starring Meryl Streep as Lindy Chamberlain, is released. It polarises the nation.

September 15, 1988 The Supreme Court of Darwin quashes all convictions and declares the Chamberlains innocent.

June 27, 1991 The Chamberlain's divorce becomes final. Kahlia chooses to live with Michael and visit Lindy, Reagan stays with Lindy and visits Michael. Aidan divides his time between the two homes.

February 1992 Lindy meets Rick Creighton during a speaking tour of the USA.

May 25, 1992 Compensation of $1.3m is paid to the Chamberlains by the Northern Territory government.

December 20, 1992 Rick and Lindy are married. They live in Washington State, USA. Four months later, Lindy gets custody of Kahlia and Reagan. Two year later, Michael meets and marries Ingrid Bergner. Their daughter Zahra is born in June 1996.

December 13, 1995 The findings of the third inquest are announced. NT Coroner John Lowndes reiterates that neither Lindy nor Michael were involved in Azarias disappearance. He leaves the cause of Azaria's death open.

August 1998 Lindy and Rick return with Reagan and Kahlia to live in Australia.

October 2002 The opera Lindy premieres at the Sydney Opera House.

August 6, 2004 Melbourne pensioner Frank Cole takes a lie detector test after asserting he shot the dingo that killed Azaria in August 1980, then showed the baby's body to his companions. He passes the test, but Lindy expresses doubts.

October 2004 Lindy releases her autobiography Through My Eyes.

November 2004 The television mini series Through My Eyes is broadcast on Australia's Channel 7 network. Miranda Otto plays Lindy.

August 9, 2010 Jury notes from in the Northern Territory police files reveal details of deliberations: Three women all voted for Lindy's conviction while at least four of the nine men had to persuaded that she was guilty. The foreman dismissed the defence evidence as purely smokescreen.

December 18, 2011 A fourth inquest into Azarias death is announced, due to commence on February 24, 2012.

Last edited by Justiceforallkids on Fri 17 Feb - 9:49; edited 1 time in total
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
Humans were involved in disappearance says lead Azaria detective Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Humans were involved in disappearance says lead Azaria detective Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Humans were involved in disappearance says lead Azaria detective Empty Re: Humans were involved in disappearance says lead Azaria detective

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 17 Feb - 3:51

wow intresting all these years later the detective srill belives there was human involvement like the mcann case though it cant be proved
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Humans were involved in disappearance says lead Azaria detective Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Humans were involved in disappearance says lead Azaria detective Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Humans were involved in disappearance says lead Azaria detective Empty Re: Humans were involved in disappearance says lead Azaria detective

Post  tigger Fri 17 Feb - 7:56

I think this is very encouraging.
In this case the defense rested on the fact of prejudice because of their religion, I believe. It was certainly used as such in the press.

In the McCann case, it's because she is so good looking (according to Kate - who as a single child had no siblings to outshine her) that people were prejudiced.

I never liked the story of the Chamberlains, simply because I cannot believe you leave your baby out of sight in an unfamiliar place. Why take such a small child with you to that location anyway? If this was planned it does make sense not to do this too close to home.
Go to an unfamiliar place, with a number of unknown risks present which can be used as evidence of abduction/kidnap/dinner for dingos.....

Paedophiles or dingos - it's pretty well the same story.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 17 Feb - 8:09

tigger wrote:I think this is very encouraging.
In this case the defense rested on the fact of prejudice because of their religion, I believe. It was certainly used as such in the press.

In the McCann case, it's because she is so good looking (according to Kate - who as a single child had no siblings to outshine her) that people were prejudiced.

I never liked the story of the Chamberlains, simply because I cannot believe you leave your baby out of sight in an unfamiliar place. Why take such a small child with you to that location anyway? If this was planned it does make sense not to do this too close to home.
Go to an unfamiliar place, with a number of unknown risks present which can be used as evidence of abduction/kidnap/dinner for dingos.....

Paedophiles or dingos - it's pretty well the same story.

i agree i go back and forth with the chamberlians but appently azarias nappies and booties etc were found folded right near a dingo lair by a tourist that alone indicates some human involvement because dingos cant fold clothes
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 17 Feb - 8:18

oh dear oh dear 2 website links about this have been whooshclicked sound damilier??

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/dingo-invo/story-e6frfku0-1226273661762

Sydney Morning Herald

NEWS.com.au‎ - 7 hours ago
Picture: File Source: Herald Sun THERE was definitely "human involvement" in the disappearance of Azaria Chamberlain, the detective who investigated the ...
24 related articles

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/dingo-invo/story-e6frf7jx-1226273661762

Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 17 Feb - 8:26

like gerry and kate lindi and michael did not search thst night !!!

Michael, who did not join the chain, had already assumed the worst, telling a fellow camper, "She's probably dead now." Then he added, incongruously, "I am a minister of the gospel."
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/chamberlain/chamberlainaccount.html
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 17 Feb - 8:33

Justiceforallkids wrote:like gerry and kate lindi and michael did not search thst night !!!

Michael, who did not join the chain, had already assumed the worst, telling a fellow camper, "She's probably dead now." Then he added, incongruously, "I am a minister of the gospel."
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/chamberlain/chamberlainaccount.html

So they went camping without a torch? tut, tut, I'd put them in prison for that alone. I must read the full story again - he didn't join the chain of searchers?
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 17 Feb - 8:38

tigger wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:like gerry and kate lindi and michael did not search thst night !!!

So they went camping without a torch? tut, tut, I'd put them in prison for that alone. I must read the full story again - he didn't join the chain of searchers?
no he didnt he stayed with lindy
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 17 Feb - 8:48

The McCanns phoned their family and friends to tell them 'She's gone'. Did Gerry and Kate tell the GNR 'We are doctors?'
Must have done imo. Gosh, can't get over the similar behaviour.

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Feb - 9:06

I've never been able to make up my mind about how much the Chamberlains may have been involved. They didn't set up a limited company within days, make long-term plans for future events and ruin the life of anyone who queried their version of events so I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Another Australian mystery - not nearly so well known in the U K - is that of the three Beaumont children who disappeared in 1966 and were never found. Here's the official website. http://beaumontchildren.com/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Fri 17 Feb - 9:30

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I've never been able to make up my mind about how much the Chamberlains may have been involved. They didn't set up a limited company within days, make long-term plans for future events and ruin the life of anyone who queried their version of events so I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Another Australian mystery - not nearly so well known in the U K - is that of the three Beaumont children who disappeared in 1966 and were never found. Here's the official website. http://beaumontchildren.com/

But, NBY, they had a different agenda. they were religious and the circumstances of the disappearance point to some kind of sacrifice. Just because they didn't ruin anybody or tried to make money out of the death, doesn't mean they didn't achieve their objective.

The McCanns have achieved their objectives only fleetingly, during the few months in 07 when they were riding high. How they are living now, wasn't part of the plan at all, imo.

I'll have a look at the beaumontchildren. Thanks.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 17 Feb - 9:48

Doesn't it make you wonder about these cases being re-opened, Natalie wife of Robert Wagner, now this. a sad reflection on the Police of both Countries
i would say.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 17 Feb - 9:48

Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 17 Feb - 9:57

The Beaumont children weren't the only children to have disappeared from that area in a space off a few months or years.

It's a very sad story, it's bad enough when one child in your family gets abducted but THREE....my god, how did the parents cope , I know they divorced but I heard that the mother stayed in the house in the hope that one day they would walk back through the door.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 17 Feb - 10:09

kitti wrote:The Beaumont children weren't the only children to have disappeared from that area in a space off a few months or years.

It's a very sad story, it's bad enough when one child in your family gets abducted but THREE....my god, how did the parents cope , I know they divorced but I heard that the mother stayed in the house in the hope that one day they would walk back through the door.

people nowdays wonder why the beaumonts let the kids go to the beach alone but the oldest girl was born thesame year as my mum my mum said that in the 60s in australia kids went off everywhere alone they were free to be kids the oldest jane even babysat her younger sibkings aged 9 and while that isnt allowed now back then parents were not as cotton wool parents like now
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Feb - 11:22

I have copied this and saved it. Who knows how long it will be left on the internet, due to the similarities with the McCanns. Strangely enough, I always believed Lindy Chamberlain until she leapt all over the McCann's case. Now, I am not so sure. I guess it takes one to know one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 17 Feb - 11:28

Iris wrote:I have copied this and saved it. Who knows how long it will be left on the internet, due to the similarities with the McCanns. Strangely enough, I always believed Lindy Chamberlain until she leapt all over the McCann's case. Now, I am not so sure. I guess it takes one to know one.

thanks the pros are not taking this new evidence well so heaven knows how gerry and kate will feel if they read it!!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Fri 17 Feb - 12:12

I was never very convinced by the dingo story. But when it seemed to be 'proved' it was true I more or less forgot about it. But really didn't accept that a dingo took that child.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 17 Feb - 12:17

MaryB wrote:I was never very convinced by the dingo story. But when it seemed to be 'proved' it was true I more or less forgot about it. But really didn't accept that a dingo took that child.

I agree with you, Mary. I was never convinced either, even after it had been proved.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 17 Feb - 12:17

MaryB wrote:I was never very convinced by the dingo story. But when it seemed to be 'proved' it was true I more or less forgot about it. But really didn't accept that a dingo took that child.

i was 1 when azaria vanished 13 months actully but from what my parents tell me no one believed them
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 17 Feb - 12:30

I always thought that wild dingos were quite shy and didn't like humans that much and for one to venture Into a place full off humans and to go into a tent and drag a baby away....

Plus.....the baby must off been heavy and the dog must off had to drop it, I can't see a dog running with a baby in it's jaws for very long without doing that..

I don't know how a dog could get the clothes off without ripping the coat off with it's teeth without leaving it in threads..

Let's just say I'm not 100% sure that a dingo took her....there must be bones somewhere.

Was the baby seen at the site before it disappeared?

Was she seen being out into the tent?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 17 Feb - 12:32

...put into the tent.....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 17 Feb - 12:35

kitti wrote:I always thought that wild dingos were quite shy and didn't like humans that much and for one to venture Into a place full off humans and to go into a tent and drag a baby away....

Plus.....the baby must off been heavy and the dog must off had to drop it, I can't see a dog running with a baby in it's jaws for very long without doing that..

I don't know how a dog could get the clothes off without ripping the coat off with it's teeth without leaving it in threads..

Let's just say I'm not 100% sure that a dingo took her....there must be bones somewhere.

Was the baby seen at the site before it disappeared?

Was she seen being out into the tent?

azaria was about 10lbs when the alleged dingo took her lindy cllaimed she saw the dingo coming out of the tent shaking its head vigirously aiden was 6 years old at the time police interviewed him but he was too upset they didnt het muchfrom him he was apently with lindy

Last edited by Justiceforallkids on Fri 17 Feb - 12:36; edited 1 time in total
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Feb - 12:35

Yes I did wonder if there were independent witnesses who saw the baby at the campsite. More recent cases have made me a lot less gullible!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 17 Feb - 12:37

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Yes I did wonder if there were independent witnesses who saw the baby at the campsite. More recent cases have made me a lot less gullible!

yes sally lowe who is from tasmania claimed she saw lindy with azaria and heard azarias last cry
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next