Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

26 Countries Including the US and China set to oppose the EU Carbon Tax

View previous topic View next topic Go down

26 Countries Including the US and China set to oppose the EU Carbon Tax

Post  Panda on Tue 21 Feb - 5:57

The 26 Countries have signed up to make a formal complaint to the EU about the Tax , suggesting it is illegal, the EU doesn't own the sky above.

At the moment the EU is adamant and delicate negotiations will need to take place. The US and China could refuse outright but take the risk of Aircraft
being impounded until th levy is paid, alternatively the US and China can refuse to trade with the EU.

It is estimated that this Tax will cost major Airlines up to £500 million p.a., this at a time when Oil is highly priced and the world is virtually in recession.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 26 Countries Including the US and China set to oppose the EU Carbon Tax

Post  malena stool on Thu 23 Feb - 9:49

Well the cash strapped drones in Brussles need a new income source to facilitate their own wage rises and to replenis their coffers after propping up the failing Euro economy. What better way than to do it under the banner of a Green policy?

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13386
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: 26 Countries Including the US and China set to oppose the EU Carbon Tax

Post  Panda on Thu 23 Feb - 10:04

malena stool wrote:Well the cash strapped drones in Brussles need a new income source to facilitate their own wage rises and to replenis their coffers after propping up the failing Euro economy. What better way than to do it under the banner of a Green policy?


Morning malena, I said on the EC thread this morning that E360 millions has been spent so far, there are 10 Countries outside the Euro yet I suspect the
ECB is using the EU money without any thought that the 10 are losing money as well and probably won't get a rebate as a result.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 26 Countries Including the US and China set to oppose the EU Carbon Tax

Post  malena stool on Thu 23 Feb - 15:26

Afternoon Panda, I doubt if they have a cohesive thought between them, after all they treat the Euro as coming from a bottomless pit... Well, it isn't their money so why care?

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13386
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: 26 Countries Including the US and China set to oppose the EU Carbon Tax

Post  Panda on Thu 23 Feb - 15:37

malena stool wrote:Afternoon Panda, I doubt if they have a cohesive thought between them, after all they treat the Euro as coming from a bottomless pit... Well, it isn't their money so why care?

I sincereluy hope the EU fails in favour of a new Mandate for just Free Trade and Defence, it is no more than a gravy train and the way the Greek crisis has
been handled is evidence . It should be run more on the lines of the U.S/, one Central Bank and each State governing itself insteat of stupid diktats from
the EU about Wine And Butters Mountaind, straight Bananas and being paid to keep fields fallow rather than grow our own produce . I give up,!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 26 Countries Including the US and China set to oppose the EU Carbon Tax

Post  malena stool on Thu 23 Feb - 20:52

Well Panda, you are looking at it from a logical angle....... do they one wonders?

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13386
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: 26 Countries Including the US and China set to oppose the EU Carbon Tax

Post  Panda on Sun 26 Feb - 6:33



I just caught the tail end of a discussion on the Carbon Tax and the U.S and China are taking the matter to the International Court.

One smug MEP, don"t know who he was , maybe German?....anyway, he said the European Court of Human rights said it was O.K. and Legal. The British
MEP said that since the EU charge is going to affect the Whole world, the International Court should have been the body to approve or disapprove ,
the US are going down that road . Also, it appears Russia is considering a tax on Aeroplanes flying over their space.

The EU yet again comes out with ridiculous ways to make money. How can any Country claim "AIR SPACE"???? Next thing we will have a tax on Ships
and Boats using EU water.!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 26 Countries Including the US and China set to oppose the EU Carbon Tax

Post  malena stool on Sun 26 Feb - 8:33

Panda wrote:

I just caught the tail end of a discussion on the Carbon Tax and the U.S and China are taking the matter to the International Court.

One smug MEP, don"t know who he was , maybe German?....anyway, he said the European Court of Human rights said it was O.K. and Legal. The British
MEP said that since the EU charge is going to affect the Whole world, the International Court should have been the body to approve or disapprove ,
the US are going down that road . Also, it appears Russia is considering a tax on Aeroplanes flying over their space.

The EU yet again comes out with ridiculous ways to make money. How can any Country claim "AIR SPACE"???? Next thing we will have a tax on Ships
and Boats using EU water.!!

That's something they are probably considering Panda.
The French and German government will relish the thought of claiming our territorial waters as their own.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13386
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: 26 Countries Including the US and China set to oppose the EU Carbon Tax

Post  Panda on Sun 26 Feb - 9:33

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:

I just caught the tail end of a discussion on the Carbon Tax and the U.S and China are taking the matter to the International Court.

One smug MEP, don"t know who he was , maybe German?....anyway, he said the European Court of Human rights said it was O.K. and Legal. The British
MEP said that since the EU charge is going to affect the Whole world, the International Court should have been the body to approve or disapprove ,
the US are going down that road . Also, it appears Russia is considering a tax on Aeroplanes flying over their space.

The EU yet again comes out with ridiculous ways to make money. How can any Country claim "AIR SPACE"???? Next thing we will have a tax on Ships
and Boats using EU water.!!

That's something they are probably considering Panda.
The French and German government will relish the thought of claiming our territorial waters as their own.

Morning malena, wasn't that what they did to take away much of U.K. fishing rights.?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 26 Countries Including the US and China set to oppose the EU Carbon Tax

Post  malena stool on Sun 26 Feb - 10:00

Panda wrote:
malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:

I just caught the tail end of a discussion on the Carbon Tax and the U.S and China are taking the matter to the International Court.

One smug MEP, don"t know who he was , maybe German?....anyway, he said the European Court of Human rights said it was O.K. and Legal. The British
MEP said that since the EU charge is going to affect the Whole world, the International Court should have been the body to approve or disapprove ,
the US are going down that road . Also, it appears Russia is considering a tax on Aeroplanes flying over their space.

The EU yet again comes out with ridiculous ways to make money. How can any Country claim "AIR SPACE"???? Next thing we will have a tax on Ships
and Boats using EU water.!!

That's something they are probably considering Panda.
The French and German government will relish the thought of claiming our territorial waters as their own.

Morning malena, wasn't that what they did to take away much of U.K. fishing rights.?
Something like that Panda, as I remember it gave Spanish fishermen more rights to fish in our waters than we did, but I'm not really sure.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13386
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: 26 Countries Including the US and China set to oppose the EU Carbon Tax

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:11


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum