Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i saw Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women

+19
Panda
Lillyofthevalley
NoStone
AnnaEsse
gillyspot
Annabel
Angelique
Chris
Lioned
jay2001
amber
marxman
Autumn
Justiceforallkids
Claudia79
ann_chovey
almostgothic
matthew
nospinnaker
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  Empty i saw Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 22 Feb - 11:52

saw Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol

February 22, 2012 • Andalucia, Lead, Malaga • 1 Comments
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

I saw Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol

• The former M&S worker called police after seeing the snatched toddler with 'gypsy' in Spanish supermarket Mercadona

EXCLUSIVE by James Bryce

A BRITISH expat based in Spain is ‘100 per cent sure’ she saw missing Madeleine McCann in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol.

The former M&S sales assistant, 63, is adamant the young girl is the missing Briton after seeing her with a man she describes as looking like ‘a gypsy’.

Yvonne Tunnicliffe, who has lived in Spain for six years, made the sighting while shopping at a Mercadona store in Alhaurin el Grande in 2009.

The grandmother has only now come forward, after reading about increasing suggestion that the toddler might have been snatched by a gypsy gang while on holiday in Portugal in 2007.

“My whole body shook when I saw her, she looked just like her daddy (Gerry),” Tunnicliffe told the Olive Press newspaper.

“I’m certain it was Madeleine, I wouldn’t even say I’m 99 per cent sure, I’m 100 per cent sure.

“She had mousy blonde hair in scruffy plaits, very fair skin and looked about seven or eight, which is how old she would have been now.”

Tunnicliffe contacted police a week after the sighting and was visited by detectives who immediately took her back to the store to view CCTV footage.

But police were informed by the store’s manager that footage was only stored for one week and had subsequently been destroyed.

So convinced was she of the sighting, she was unable to sleep for much of the week and finally drew a number of sketches of both the girl and man for police.

Fighting back tears, she told the Olive Press: “It really upset me and I couldn’t stop thinking about it and why I hadn’t gone to the police straight away.

“It was Christmas and we had friends over. I kept getting sidetracked.”

On the sighting she said: “The girl’s demeanour bothered me. I don’t think she belonged to the man because she didn’t look anything like him.

“He had dark, curly hair down to his neck and was wearing a distinctive bullring-type earring.

“He sounded Portuguese and was certainly not from Alhaurin.”

Tunnicliffe claims the girl – who was wearing a pale blue top and trousers – did not look Spanish.

“It disturbed me for a long time and still upsets me thinking about it now,” an emotional Tunnicliffe added.

When contacted by the Olive Press, a Scotland Yard spokesman confirmed: “It’s an open investigation and any information received will be reviewed and considered by detectives.”

The McCanns’ spokesman was unavailable for comment as we went to press.

Last edited by Justiceforallkids on Wed 22 Feb - 12:02; edited 1 time in total
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  Empty Re: i saw Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 22 Feb - 11:54

wait so this women saw maddie in 2009? when maddie would have been 6???? yet gerry and kate didnt know about this until now??? more spin imo
http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/02/22/i-saw-maddie-in-a-supermarket-on-the-costa-del-sol/
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  Empty Re: i saw Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women

Post  Guest Wed 22 Feb - 12:11

This load of old baloney is being covered in The Exeter Connection and other Coincidences topic. Poor old Antonella in The Sun will be upset that she didn't get wind of this first.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  nospinnaker Wed 22 Feb - 12:13

I have to say I was expecting another sighting around now, what with Pat Brown, Senor Amaral, Mr Bennett, and Uncle Tom Cobley and all seemingly ferreting about and appearing in court and all that. Another distraction was obviously required.

I didn't expect another of those occurrences where someone went weak at the knees because they had found the most famous missing child in history amnd then not done anything about it for a very long time. While I'm certainly not of the school of thought that would immediately restrain such a child and detain its parents/guardians/swarthy child stealer or whatever, surely it wold be OK to mention it to someone?

And I really didn't expect Spain, I rather thought a trip to one of those countries where there's no extradition treaty. But I was wrong, wasn't I.
nospinnaker
nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 22 Feb - 12:13

Not Born Yesterday wrote:This load of old baloney is being covered in The Exeter Connection and other Coincidences topic. Poor old Antonella in The Sun will be upset that she didn't get wind of this first.
lets face it if maddie was abducted which she wasnt would the abductor dare to take maddie out in public
when the world knows what she looks like? i highly doubt it
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 22 Feb - 12:15

nospinnaker wrote:I have to say I was expecting another sighting around now, what with Pat Brown, Senor Amaral, Mr Bennett, and Uncle Tom Cobley and all seemingly ferreting about and appearing in court and all that. Another distraction was obviously required.

I didn't expect another of those occurrences where someone went weak at the knees because they had found the most famous missing child in history amnd then not done anything about it for a very long time. While I'm certainly not of the school of thought that would immediately restrain such a child and detain its parents/guardians/swarthy child stealer or whatever, surely it wold be OK to mention it to someone?

And I really didn't expect Spain, I rather thought a trip to one of those countries where there's no extradition treaty. But I was wrong, wasn't I.

exactly why didnt this women restrain mr eggman and shout thats maddie mcann????
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 22 Feb - 12:16

I don't think that the world knows what Madeleine looked like even in 2007 thanks to all the wildly different images of her! Confusion was the name of the McCanns' game right from the start.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 22 Feb - 12:18

"The McCanns’ spokesman was unavailable for comment as we went to press."

Roughly translated as:

"Psst - you've not seen me, right?" i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  294124
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 22 Feb - 12:19

Is it April the first already?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 22 Feb - 12:19

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I don't think that the world knows what Madeleine looked like even in 2007 thanks to all the wildly different images of her! Confusion was the name of the McCanns' game right from the start.
exactly in all her photos it didnt look like the same child!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 22 Feb - 14:33

“She had mousy blonde hair in scruffy plaits, very fair skin and looked about seven or eight, which is how old she would have been now.”

So she was spotted in 2009...if you work that out she would off been 6.......but she is 100% sure she saw her and yet she was the age she would be today....7-8..does that make any sence to anyone lol as she would be neally 9 in 2012!!!!!

How can a person supposedly abducted In 2007 at age neally 4 be seen two years later in 2009 and be 7-8?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Wed 22 Feb - 15:10

It was christmas & she was so sidetracked she thought...sod it...i will report it when i can be bothered

she must be very well off,not to want the 2.5m reward i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  294124

im guessing maths isnt her strong point i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  23324
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 22 Feb - 15:17

kitti wrote:“She had mousy blonde hair in scruffy plaits, very fair skin and looked about seven or eight, which is how old she would have been now.”

So she was spotted in 2009...if you work that out she would off been 6.......but she is 100% sure she saw her and yet she was the age she would be today....7-8..does that make any sence to anyone lol as she would be neally 9 in 2012!!!!!

How can a person supposedly abducted In 2007 at age neally 4 be seen two years later in 2009 and be 7-8?

And that child was very small for her age when she disappeared.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 22 Feb - 15:21

Iris wrote:Is it April the first already?

It certainly feels like i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  Groundhog i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  294124
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 22 Feb - 15:28

I wonder if this story will follow the same dreary pattern as most of the others:

1) Ludicrous sighting announced.
2) 'Fresh hope' for Kate & Gerry McCann.
3) Clarrie puts a damper on it.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Wed 22 Feb - 15:34

“He had dark, curly hair down to his neck and was wearing a distinctive bullring-type earring.

i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  294124

A new suspect!!!
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Wed 22 Feb - 15:41

AnnaEsse wrote:
kitti wrote:“She had mousy blonde hair in scruffy plaits, very fair skin and looked about seven or eight, which is how old she would have been now.”

But that's before coming in contact with our great food and air. People here are very healthy and strong! i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  192282
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 22 Feb - 15:48

Claudia79 wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

But that's before coming in contact with our great food and air. People here are very healthy and strong! i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  192282

hey claudia xxxxxxxx realistically this is all bullshit a abductor would not have hada child like maddie out in public imo usally f there isa story like this something else is going on!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Wed 22 Feb - 15:51

Could someone please do a photoshop type efit - we urgently need an image based on this description--------

“My whole body shook when I saw her, she looked just like her daddy (Gerry),” Tunnicliffe told the Olive Press newspaper.

i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  49091
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Wed 22 Feb - 15:56

i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  GALLERY

So which one was it then? i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  23324 i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  23324 i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  23324
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 22 Feb - 16:00

ann_chovey wrote:

i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  294124

A new suspect!!!

Yeah, a Brummie. i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  294124
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Wed 22 Feb - 16:03

"He sounded Portuguese and was certainly not from Alhaurin.”

OK she was in Spain right? and had been there 6 years.
So how did she know that he didn't sound Portugese?
A load of old tripe!
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  amber Wed 22 Feb - 16:32

so she's not 99% certain she IS 100% certain - - - - so she waited one week [7 days] to report it
then this stupid newspaper reports it what 3 years later
We even must be told she is an ex M&S worker.
They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel i saw   Maddie in a supermarket on the Costa del Sol claims women  23324
amber
amber
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Wed 22 Feb - 18:58

If this wasn't such a tragic tale about a 'missing' little girl this article would be hysterical in a comic. Cue Sunday Sun - they're bound to have a scoop for the first edition. I know what I'd like to see on the front page, but doubt it'll ever happen! Hope SY take this into account along with the last sighting in Leh. Who is getting these people to reveal these sightings? Follow that trail and it could be very informative.

Which of the clarrypr puppet papers will run with this tomorrow? And if they do it just reinforces what we all know about the press in the UK. I've been out all day, but as far as I know there's been no mention of Halligen and previously no mention of Pat Brown in Portugal and nothing about Tony Bennett's pre trial hearing. If they do go with this absolute load of garbage it will totally hack me off. The real news is the 3 items mentioned not some shaking barmpot 100% sure she saw Maddie with a gypsy. Call in Jez Big Fat Gypsy Wedding Wilkins and he's got another tv show to produce right there.

She waited a week FGS - did she stop shaking or was that keeping her awake. Then she reports it, so why well over 2 years later has the Olive Press printed the tripe?

Can't wait for tomorrow's article from Pat Brown in the Portuguese press.

jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 22 Feb - 19:01

I saw a little girl who looked just a bit like Maddie the other day but she was probably only about five.I have seen girls of about 8 or 9 recently who have the same colour hair,one or two of them were with strange looking 'parents' so i'm not sure really.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next