Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving

+12
almostgothic
Panda
Sara_Rose_
tigger
AnnaEsse
ann_chovey
Chris
malena stool
jay2001
gillyspot
NoStone
jeanmonroe
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving Empty Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving

Post  Sara_Rose_ Sat 25 Feb - 12:41

Some familiar names in the list of donations.

My story

Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.

I am really grateful to everyone who has sponsored Gerry and me to take part in the previous Miles for Missing People 10K runs. I'm hoping that you might be willing once again to dig deep to help the charity Missing People - a hugely important organisation which offers a lifeline to everybody affected by a disappearance.

Your support can make a difference to the many missing children and vulnerable adults in our country, as well as to their families who are suffering without them.

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

So please help if you can and donate now. Thank you!

http://www.justgiving.com/Kate-McCann
Sara_Rose_
Sara_Rose_
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 56
Warning :
Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving Empty Re: Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving

Post  jeanmonroe Sat 25 Feb - 12:51

And I only pocket most of the donations as i'm the administrator of this site and sitting on my backside takes time and effort when you're writing a new booook..........er i mean......collecting donations for people that vanish into thin air.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :
Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving Empty Re: Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving

Post  kitti Sat 25 Feb - 12:57

She didn't write that....Gerry and me....even I would not say that....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara_Rose_ Sat 25 Feb - 12:58

kitti wrote:She didn't write that....Gerry and me....even I would not say that....

Well spotted, I missed that bit.
Sara_Rose_
Sara_Rose_
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Sat 25 Feb - 13:06

I think i'll keep an eye on this 'new' page and see how much of these 'donations' actually reaches the OFFICIAL charity.
Why not just 'donate' directly to the OFFICIAL charity's page?
Why do you have to go VIA a subsiduary page set up by KM?
If it smells like a scam and looks like a scam then it probably is a SCAM!
The OFFICIAL charity HAS to register and acknowlege ALL donations 'received'

Last edited by jeanmonroe on Sat 25 Feb - 13:13; edited 2 times in total
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sat 25 Feb - 13:07

17th of March ?

I gather this event hasn't happened yet and where is this to happen?
Once again, desperate measures to get sympathetic publicity in advance of two court cases?

Is this the very first time they've raised money for other missing children? Not their own money of course, perish the thought!
It's more than a little accidental, now that Ben Needham is back in the news, possible negative publicity re court cases and so on, that suddenly this fund raising has started. To the best of my knowledge, up to now they've only muscled in on other people's campaigns to give the impression they care.

Charitable and giving are two words I cannot associate with 'McCann and Fund'
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 25 Feb - 13:11

They did a run last year but what one I do t remember......didn't the tapas do a run too..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 25 Feb - 13:14

Last year In regents park I think....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 25 Feb - 13:21

Sara_Rose_ wrote:
kitti wrote:She didn't write that....Gerry and me....even I would not say that....

If we're talking of grammatical errors, "Gerry and me" is correct in this context. The way of checking whether "me" or "I" is correct is to take out the other person to see which makes sense. So in this case "I am really grateful to everyone who has sponsored me" is the right one as "everyone who has sponsored I" clearly isn't.

The rules of spelling and punctuation were almost beaten into children in my day!

P.S. I've just been reading the comments on the donations part of the link provided by Sara_Rose.

Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving 477442 is the only appropriate response.

Last edited by Not Born Yesterday on Sat 25 Feb - 13:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sentences added)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sat 25 Feb - 14:28

This is a little step on the - do-gooder celeb path. Why does she not spend her efforts on finding the daughter she lost on holiday - and save the tax payer the time and effort and expense. Saint Kate! Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving 477442
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 25 Feb - 15:00

Iv'e just read the list of donors , some without the sum donated and one with photo of the donor??? Also, the biggest donation is from Hubner , he was
a Director of No Stone Unturned until he resigned in 2010 together with John McCann and Doug Skehan.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 25 Feb - 15:44

Panda wrote:Iv'e just read the list of donors , some without the sum donated and one with photo of the donor??? Also, the biggest donation is from Hubner , he was
a Director of No Stone Unturned until he resigned in 2010 together with John McCann and Doug Skehan.

Yeah, the Snake On A Train is too embarassed to say how much she's actually donated.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sat 25 Feb - 17:39

Angus McBride has donated £100 as well. Funny I notice that Gerry hasn't put his hand in his pocket to donate anything.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 25 Feb - 17:48

gillyspot wrote:Angus McBride has donated £100 as well. Funny I notice that Gerry hasn't put his hand in his pocket to donate anything.

He's probably in charge of arranging for a pack of rabid dogs to nip at Healy's ankles after a specified distance (for which a suitable highly profitable wager could be made) Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving 608891 Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving 608891 Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving 608891 Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving 608891 Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving 608891 Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving 608891 Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving 608891
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara_Rose_ Sat 25 Feb - 18:11

Panda wrote:Iv'e just read the list of donors , some without the sum donated and one with photo of the donor??? Also, the biggest donation is from Hubner , he was

I don't know if you noticed Panda, there's two pages? on the secord page also listed is Anne Marie & Michael Wright (family) and Angus McBride (their [i]ex[ Lawyer) both amongst the highest contributors. Angus McBride has been extremely supportive of the McCann's right from the beginning.

Mr McBride has been very charitable towards the couple on more than one occasion; going 'above & beyond' to support his former clients, all free of charge, how kind is that!

"This bile shows why we need a privacy law
17 May 2011:
Angus McBride: Cases like the McCanns show the base motives really driving the press assault on privacy laws 234 comments"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/may/17/privacy-law-mccanns-press-assault

Edit: Sorry gillyspot didn't notice you mention AB before I posted
Sara_Rose_
Sara_Rose_
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara_Rose_ Sat 25 Feb - 18:25

Not Born Yesterday wrote:
Sara_Rose_ wrote:

If we're talking of grammatical errors, "Gerry and me" is correct in this context. The way of checking whether "me" or "I" is correct is to take out the other person to see which makes sense. So in this case "I am really grateful to everyone who has sponsored me" is the right one as "everyone who has sponsored I" clearly isn't.

The rules of spelling and punctuation were almost beaten into children in my day!

P.S. I've just been reading the comments on the donations part of the link provided by Sara_Rose.

Thanks for the lesson NBY, I would rather be corrected than carry on making the same mistake.
Sara_Rose_
Sara_Rose_
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 25 Feb - 18:27

Here's the link for the fun run on 17th March.

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missing-people/fundraising/miles-for-missing-

P.S. Thank you Sara_Rose. Not everyone is gracious about being corrected as we both know!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara_Rose_ Sat 25 Feb - 18:41

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Here's the link for the fun run on 17th March.

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missing-people/fundraising/miles-for-missing-

P.S. Thank you Sara_Rose. Not everyone is gracious about being corrected as we both know!!

The relevant info appears to have been moved from that link now. "Sorry, this page could not be found." Moved to here: http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missing-people/fundraising/miles

On your second point, I don't often lol... but that's all I can say
Sara_Rose_
Sara_Rose_
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Sat 25 Feb - 19:18

Just had a quick look at last year's justgiving page and Kate's page was with Virgin money. Not sure if this was the one where there was some fuss because she was raising funds for the Find Madeleine fund. A quick look at Jane Tanner's Virgin Money just giving page for last year's marathon shows some of the Tapas crew sponsoring her.

I've read somewhere over the last few days, either on here or MCF or Jill's site about the running and wondering why Kate wasn't doing it this year. And, lo and behold a couple of days later there's the justgiving page up and running pardon the pun! From the donators dates it's only just started. Looks like the money is being raised for Missing People charity so at least it's going to a good cause.

At last year's event wasn't RO also present in the pictures, or was that another one where Gez was also present/running?
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 25 Feb - 19:43

Sara_Rose_ wrote:

Those rules were almost beaten into us too at my school in Scotland. So, (so is not a conjunction!) in the context of the sentence, Kate should have used the past historic here:

I am really grateful to everyone who has sponsored Gerry and me..

I am really grateful to everyone who sponsored Gerry and me..

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara_Rose_ Sat 25 Feb - 21:11

AnnaEsse wrote:
Sara_Rose_ wrote:

Those rules were almost beaten into us too at my school in Scotland. So, (so is not a conjunction!) in the context of the sentence, Kate should have used the past historic here:

I am loving these lessons. I agreed with Kitti in the first instance because it sounded 'clumsy' I can now see why. Unfortunately, although my education was far better than children recieve today, it was not the 'Prime of Miss Jean Brodie' type - I wish it had been. I got the basics the rest is mainly self taught.
Sara_Rose_
Sara_Rose_
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 25 Feb - 21:16

Of course it wasn't written by Kate, there's no sex or genitals or tossers anywhere in it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 25 Feb - 21:18

Sara_Rose_ wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Sara_Rose_ wrote:

I am loving these lessons. I agreed with Kitti in the first instance because it sounded 'clumsy' I can now see why. Unfortunately, although my education was far better than children recieve today, it was not the 'Prime of Miss Jean Brodie' type - I wish it had been. I got the basics the rest is mainly self taught.

We had a rather formidable English teacher at my secondary school, called Miss Elizabeth Tait. She was a pint-sized woman, with a very waggy index finger. I can see her now, wagging that index finger and saying, "the possessive with a gerund."
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 25 Feb - 21:19

Iris wrote:Of course it wasn't written by Kate, there's no sex or genitals or tossers anywhere in it.

Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving 23324
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 25 Feb - 21:53

Perhaps since venturing into the literary field Kate has enrolled onto an English Language 'O' level course.. Who knows, maybe her next literary tome will be something along the lines of 'Begging for Beginners.'
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next