Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kate McCann - Charity Run -Just Giving

Post  Panda on Sat 25 Feb - 23:53

[quote="Sara_Rose_"]
Panda wrote:Iv'e just read the list of donors , some without the sum donated and one with photo of the donor??? Also, the biggest donation is from Hubner , he was
a Director of No Stone Unturned until he resigned in 2010 together with John McCann and Doug Skehan.

I don't know if you noticed Panda, there's two pages? on the secord page also listed is Anne Marie & Michael Wright (family) and Angus McBride (their [i]ex[ Lawyer) both amongst the highest contributors. Angus McBride has been extremely supportive of the McCann's right from the beginning.

Mr McBride has been very charitable towards the couple on more than one occasion; going 'above & beyond' to support his former clients, all free of charge, how kind is that!

"This bile shows why we need a privacy law
17 May 2011:
Angus McBride: Cases like the McCanns show the base motives really driving the press assault on privacy laws 234 comments"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/may/17/privacy-law-mccanns-press-assault

Edit: Sorry gillyspot didn't notice you mention AB before I posted[/quote

Thanks Sara_Rose, no, I didn't notice there were two pages.

Do we know who is receiving the donations? Kate's Bank Account to be forwarded to the Charity, or the Charity's Bank Account. I ask because it is more normal for a FundRaiser to ask for donations through Paypal which is what NSU did. If it is the case that the donations are sent to Kate and when the appeal is closed she sends the money to the Charity ......she gets the Kudos !!!!! I don't remember her kickstarting the Fund with a generous
donation and as another Member pointed out, neither did Gerry or the Tapas 7.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris on Sun 26 Feb - 8:44

jeanmonroe wrote:I think i'll keep an eye on this 'new' page and see how much of these 'donations' actually reaches the OFFICIAL charity.
Why not just 'donate' directly to the OFFICIAL charity's page?
Why do you have to go VIA a subsiduary page set up by KM?
If it smells like a scam and looks like a scam then it probably is a SCAM!
The OFFICIAL charity HAS to register and acknowlege ALL donations 'received'

Donations made through Just Giving go directly to the nominated charity not to the fundraiser - it is a conduit many use for sponsored walks/runs etc.

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey on Sun 26 Feb - 9:10

I agree with kitti; Kate would have said 'Gerry and I', just as the Queen says 'Philip and I'.

ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2516
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda on Sun 26 Feb - 9:37

Chris wrote:
jeanmonroe wrote:I think i'll keep an eye on this 'new' page and see how much of these 'donations' actually reaches the OFFICIAL charity.
Why not just 'donate' directly to the OFFICIAL charity's page?
Why do you have to go VIA a subsiduary page set up by KM?
If it smells like a scam and looks like a scam then it probably is a SCAM!
The OFFICIAL charity HAS to register and acknowlege ALL donations 'received'

Donations made through Just Giving go directly to the nominated charity not to the fundraiser - it is a conduit many use for sponsored walks/runs etc.

Morning chris, I didn't notice, but is there a note to this effect ? ie payments can be made thought Paypal or cheques should be made payable etc.

Last edited by Panda on Sun 26 Feb - 9:56; edited 1 time in total

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Sun 26 Feb - 9:43

ann_chovey wrote:

I agree with kitti; Kate would have said 'Gerry and I', just as the Queen says 'Philip and I'.

More lessons from someone who had the rules of grammar banged into them! In a sentence such as "Philip and I went to the pub" that is perfectly correct. Take out the named person and the sentence reads "I went to the pub". Nobody would say "Me went to the pub".

I think it would complicate things if I tried to explain more about the subjects and objects of sentences so I'll leave it with the easy way of remembering when to use "me" and "I".

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6695
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger on Sun 26 Feb - 9:51

Not Born Yesterday wrote:
ann_chovey wrote:

More lessons from someone who had the rules of grammar banged into them! In a sentence such as "Philip and I went to the pub" that is perfectly correct. Take out the named person and the sentence reads "I went to the pub". Nobody would say "Me went to the pub".

I think it would complicate things if I tried to explain more about the subjects and objects of sentences so I'll leave it with the easy way of remembering when to use "me" and "I".

Thanks, I've usually done it by instinct... Would really appreciate your views on the common misuse of the word 'of' in sentences such as
I was bored OF the programme
I would OF said something...
OF now seems to stand for 'have' and 'by' -

btw, will be obliged if you point out my errors.

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Sun 26 Feb - 10:03

Hi there Tigger. I once got into trouble with a mutual acquaintance on another forum (you'll know who!) for commenting on grammatical issues but I hope that I won't be put into detention this time.

Language changes over the years so it's possible that some things which were a definite no-no when I was at school are acceptable now.

I'm not certain about your first example but I think that "I was bored by (or with) the programme" is correct. Definitely not "of" though!

"I would HAVE said something" is correct.

There's a lot of confusion between "of" and "off". It might help if I say that "of" is pronounced "ov" and ""off" rhymes with "toff". Examples of correct usages:

Of (ov) course I don't believe in ghosts!

The race got off (not ov) to a false start.

Here endeth the lesson! Tigger, if you like, I'll send you private messages in future to avoid boring everyone else to death.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger on Sun 26 Feb - 11:14

Thank NBY - I don't know who might have been insulted by your little lessons. I knew all about the of and off but one thing often trips me up:
ending a sentence with a proposition or the famous Churchill quote: 'Up with which I shall not put'.

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse on Sun 26 Feb - 11:21

tigger wrote:Thank NBY - I don't know who might have been insulted by your little lessons. I knew all about the of and off but one thing often trips me up:
ending a sentence with a proposition or the famous Churchill quote: 'Up with which I shall not put'.

When I was at college, I wrote an essay with the title, "The importance of English grammar." My conclusion was that sometimes it mattered and sometimes it didn't, depending on the context and sometimes whether sticking rigidly to the rules ended up with a rather contorted sentence. And sometimes breaking the rules is done for effect. (A sentence should not start with 'and'.)!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18416
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun 26 Feb - 11:49

AnnaEsse wrote:
tigger wrote:Thank NBY - I don't know who might have been insulted by your little lessons. I knew all about the of and off but one thing often trips me up:

When I was at college, I wrote an essay with the title, "The importance of English grammar." My conclusion was that sometimes it mattered and sometimes it didn't, depending on the context and sometimes whether sticking rigidly to the rules ended up with a rather contorted sentence. And sometimes breaking the rules is done for effect. (A sentence should not start with 'and'.)!!!

And you should never use a preposition to end a sentence with.

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger on Sun 26 Feb - 12:44

Iris wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

O wow! I really meant preposition not proposition (which as a verb hardly happens to me anymore....).

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara_Rose_ on Sun 26 Feb - 12:47

tigger wrote:
Iris wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

O wow! I really meant preposition not proposition (which as a verb hardly happens to me anymore....).

I know the feeling.

Sara_Rose_
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 56
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Tue 16 Jul - 10:03

Going back on topic (better late than never) Gerry has got in on the (solo) act.

http://www.justgiving.com/Gerry-McCann1

I thought we would soon need to send the dogs out to look for Pam Gurney but, no worries, she has sponsored Gerry.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda on Tue 16 Jul - 10:17

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Going back on topic (better late than never) Gerry has got in on the (solo) act.

I thought we would soon need to send the dogs out to look for Pam Gurney but, no worries, she has sponsored Gerry.

He sneaked in there didn't he NBY. Note he only raised 1/3rd of the £1,000, nothing from the Paynes, Tanner , O'Brien etc or , most of all, Kate??? None of his colleagues at Glenfields . I wonder if he and Kate donated some of the Fund Money?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 16 Jul - 10:38

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Going back on topic (better late than never) Gerry has got in on the (solo) act.

So she's not dead, then.  

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic on Tue 16 Jul - 11:13

IIRC, the triathlon = swimming + cycling + running.

Will this be his training for another rapid escape?

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti on Tue 16 Jul - 11:41

Gurney......risen from the pit.....

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret on Tue 16 Jul - 12:24

My story
While witnessing Kate train for the London Marathon on behalf of the charity Missing People, I decided maybe I could set myself a challenge and help in some way too. It didn't take Kate long to organise my entry for the Virgin London Triathlon!!
Although a pretty onerous event, it's a challenge which I know will be far less than that of being a parent of a missing child. The charity, Missing People, works incredibly hard to help missing children and adults and to support their families - a lifeline for many in this nightmarish situation.
By participating in the London Triathlon I hope to play a part in helping the charity and the valuable work it does. I am very grateful for your sponsorship which will make a big difference to those who are missing and their families living this painful limbo.
Thank you very much for your support.

I don't buy this constant united front, crotch grabbing and hand holding, its all fake IMO

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 16 Jul - 12:40

Reads to me as "watch me outdo the bitch".

Back to top Go down

Post  interested on Tue 16 Jul - 15:36

Iris wrote:Reads to me as "watch me outdo the bitch".

Thanks Iris, you've given me my first laugh of the day.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2391
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned on Tue 16 Jul - 21:19

Gerry has run off with rosieplops !

Lioned