Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Email from hardlinemarxist

+5
almostgothic
interested
margaret
chrissie1
flower
9 posters

Go down

Email from hardlinemarxist Empty Email from hardlinemarxist

Post  chrissie1 Sun 26 Feb - 18:33

http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com/

Update on McCann & McCann v Bennett

25Feb

I can report that negotiations are currently in progress between Tony and Carter-Ruck to see if there is any way that the contempt of court matter can be settled without the need for a 2-day trial. In the meantime, and pending any agreement if there is to be one, Tony, on 22 February, made a cross-application within the contempt proceedings to be released from one of his undertakings. No date has yet been fixed for the trial. I will provide more information when available.

chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :
Email from hardlinemarxist Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Email from hardlinemarxist Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Email from hardlinemarxist Empty Re: Email from hardlinemarxist

Post  flower Sun 26 Feb - 18:48

[quote="chrissie1"]http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com/

25Feb

I can report that negotiations are currently in progress between Tony and Carter-Ruck to see if there is any way that the contempt of court matter can be settled without the need for a 2-day trial. In the meantime, and pending any agreement if there is to be one, Tony, on 22 February, made a cross-application within the contempt proceedings to be released from one of his undertakings. No date has yet been fixed for the trial. I will provide more information when available.

/quote]

Is it Tony who wishes to settle without the need for a trial - or Carter-Ruck........................ Who instigated the negotiations??..................

Last edited by flower on Sun 26 Feb - 18:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tidying up quotes)
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 678
Warning :
Email from hardlinemarxist Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Email from hardlinemarxist Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sun 26 Feb - 18:50

[quote="flower"]
chrissie1 wrote:http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com/

25Feb

/quote]

Is it Tony who wishes to settle without the need for a trial - or Carter-Ruck........................ Who instigated the negotiations??..................

flower

Thank you for this

Ditto that - urgently!
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 26 Feb - 18:53

If McCanns/ C R are wanting to settle this, then I hope Tony declines Email from hardlinemarxist 307691 imo he has them against the ropes........Tony has done nothing wrong apart from report what is in the Police Files.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Sun 26 Feb - 19:02

Lillyofthevalley wrote:If McCanns/ C R are wanting to settle this, then I hope Tony declines Email from hardlinemarxist 307691 imo he has them against the ropes........Tony has done nothing wrong apart from report what is in the Police Files.

The problem is we don't know if it is at Carter-Ruck's request or Tony's........................ Two completely different scenarios depending on who instigated the negotiations...............
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 26 Feb - 19:04

I have a feeling it will be Tony requesting the negotiations.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  flower Sun 26 Feb - 19:08

wjk wrote:I have a feeling it will be Tony requesting the negotiations.

Ok thanks wjk - I have that feeling too............. although it'snot entirely clear from the OP........
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 26 Feb - 19:09

flower wrote:

Ok thanks wjk - I have that feeling too............. although it'snot entirely clear from the OP........

No, hopefully it will be clarified soon
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Sun 26 Feb - 19:14

Lillyofthevalley wrote:If McCanns/ C R are wanting to settle this, then I hope Tony declines Email from hardlinemarxist 307691 imo he has them against the ropes........Tony has done nothing wrong apart from report what is in the Police Files.
That's the way i read it, i think the Mccanns dont want people to know about his 60/40 questions
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sun 26 Feb - 19:15

Me too. However, the negotiations are NORMAL procedure to see if it can be settled before court, so don't read anything untoward into it.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 26 Feb - 19:15

Im not so sure, I keep thinking how it will look if the McCanns are seen to be taking a "pensioner" to court and him been sent to prison? also why would TB want to settle imo I think Tony came out on top at the previous hearing he had.
But its not my life, money and home on the line so its easy for me to say this. Email from hardlinemarxist 944533
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 26 Feb - 19:22

I really don't think Healy/McCann have the sensitivity or common decency to take into account Tony's situation or the deleterious effects of their own actions on others.

Let's face it, they never seemed to care very much about their own babysitter eldest child.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 26 Feb - 19:31

The End Is Nigh wrote:I really don't think Healy/McCann have the sensitivity or common decency to take into account Tony's situation or the deleterious effects of their own actions on others.

Let's face it, they never seemed to care very much about their own babysitter eldest child.

EXACTLY - When the fund was launched they didn't exclude pensioners and school children from contributing.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 26 Feb - 19:37

The End Is Nigh wrote:I really don't think Healy/McCann have the sensitivity or common decency to take into account Tony's situation or the deleterious effects of their own actions on others.

Agreed, TIEN - they have all the sensitivity of a pair of rampaging warthogs.
They want to see him in jail. They want vengeance. How does one negotiate with an idee fixe?

I do hope they are just as enthusiastic about punishment when it comes to their own ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 26 Feb - 19:39

Yes, but having had 153 complaints reduced to 25 (still not popular with a judge who wanted only 10!) it may be that CR are offering to 'settle' out of court.
Pat Brown's book is coming out on Amazon in just a few days - so I take it that Amazon will not object to it this time.
The Sun on Sunday carried nothing about the McCanns today - unlike the SE. TM have upset Murdoch, never a smart move.

CR are on a retainer - not in this case working tirelessly behind the scenes for free - so they've done well getting the office boy a job watching the forum. Processing 153 counts against TB isn't going to come cheap. I would think that after two years they're in six figures.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 26 Feb - 19:42

tigger wrote:

Yes, but having had 153 complaints reduced to 25 (still not popular with a judge who wanted only 10!) it may be that CR are offering to 'settle' out of court.
Pat Brown's book is coming out on Amazon in just a few days - so I take it that Amazon will not object to it this time.
The Sun on Sunday carried nothing about the McCanns today - unlike the SE. TM have upset Murdoch, never a smart move.

CR are on a retainer - not in this case working tirelessly behind the scenes for free - so they've done well getting the office boy a job watching the forum. Processing 153 counts against TB isn't going to come cheap. I would think that after two years they're in six figures.

It won't be very good publicity for the new "buch" if it comes out at the same time they're taking a pensioner to court.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sun 26 Feb - 19:52

Iris wrote:
tigger wrote:

It won't be very good publicity for the new "buch" if it comes out at the same time they're taking a pensioner to court.

I agree - either way though I think it will reach the Telegraph at least.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 26 Feb - 20:09

You are correct wjk, here is my e-mail reply from Tony............

Here's the answer to your PS, which can be published:

1. I wrote on 13 February to Carter-Ruck suggesting that a two-day trial could be avoided, especially now that I had resigned from the Commitee of MF, no longer owned the MF domain name, had given up being a Moderator on Jill's forum, and had decided to cease campaigning re Madeleine's disappearance.

2. Carter-Ruck wrote back on 20 February offering proposals for a settlement. I would describe them as 'onerous'

3. I have made a provisional appointment to see a Solicitor in a few days' time to discuss Carter-Ruck's letter

4. In the meantime I have made a formal application to be released from one of the undertakings I gave back in 2009. If there is no agreement, matters will proceed to a 2-day trial when the McCanns will ask for me to be committed to prison and I shall ask to be freed from my undertakings - on free speech grounds. With a billion or so people in around 30 countries worldwide able to buy, read, discuss and debate 'The Truth About A Lie', it seems rather harsh that I should face a term of imprisonment for publishing and discussing his thesis. Especially as one of my opponents says that he has 'no objection to people purporting [= propounding] theories' and is 'a strong believer in the freedom of speech'.

Tony
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 26 Feb - 20:53

Lillyofthevalley wrote:

You are correct wjk, here is my e-mail reply from Tony............

Here's the answer to your PS, which can be published:

1. I wrote on 13 February to Carter-Ruck suggesting that a two-day trial could be avoided, especially now that I had resigned from the Commitee of MF, no longer owned the MF domain name, had given up being a Moderator on Jill's forum, and had decided to cease campaigning re Madeleine's disappearance.

2. Carter-Ruck wrote back on 20 February offering proposals for a settlement. I would describe them as 'onerous'

3. I have made a provisional appointment to see a Solicitor in a few days' time to discuss Carter-Ruck's letter

4. In the meantime I have made a formal application to be released from one of the undertakings I gave back in 2009. If there is no agreement, matters will proceed to a 2-day trial when the McCanns will ask for me to be committed to prison and I shall ask to be freed from my undertakings - on free speech grounds. With a billion or so people in around 30 countries worldwide able to buy, read, discuss and debate 'The Truth About A Lie', it seems rather harsh that I should face a term of imprisonment for publishing and discussing his thesis. Especially as one of my opponents says that he has 'no objection to people purporting [= propounding] theories' and is 'a strong believer in the freedom of speech'.

Tony

Ah, thank you for posting this, Lilly.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down