Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Email from hardlinemarxist

+5
almostgothic
interested
margaret
chrissie1
flower
9 posters

Go down

Email from hardlinemarxist - Page 2 Empty Re: Email from hardlinemarxist

Post  Guest Sun 26 Feb - 19:42

tigger wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:I really don't think Healy/McCann have the sensitivity or common decency to take into account Tony's situation or the deleterious effects of their own actions on others.

Let's face it, they never seemed to care very much about their own babysitter eldest child.

Yes, but having had 153 complaints reduced to 25 (still not popular with a judge who wanted only 10!) it may be that CR are offering to 'settle' out of court.
Pat Brown's book is coming out on Amazon in just a few days - so I take it that Amazon will not object to it this time.
The Sun on Sunday carried nothing about the McCanns today - unlike the SE. TM have upset Murdoch, never a smart move.

CR are on a retainer - not in this case working tirelessly behind the scenes for free - so they've done well getting the office boy a job watching the forum. Processing 153 counts against TB isn't going to come cheap. I would think that after two years they're in six figures.

It won't be very good publicity for the new "buch" if it comes out at the same time they're taking a pensioner to court.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sun 26 Feb - 19:52

Iris wrote:
tigger wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:I really don't think Healy/McCann have the sensitivity or common decency to take into account Tony's situation or the deleterious effects of their own actions on others.

Let's face it, they never seemed to care very much about their own babysitter eldest child.

Yes, but having had 153 complaints reduced to 25 (still not popular with a judge who wanted only 10!) it may be that CR are offering to 'settle' out of court.
Pat Brown's book is coming out on Amazon in just a few days - so I take it that Amazon will not object to it this time.
The Sun on Sunday carried nothing about the McCanns today - unlike the SE. TM have upset Murdoch, never a smart move.

CR are on a retainer - not in this case working tirelessly behind the scenes for free - so they've done well getting the office boy a job watching the forum. Processing 153 counts against TB isn't going to come cheap. I would think that after two years they're in six figures.

It won't be very good publicity for the new "buch" if it comes out at the same time they're taking a pensioner to court.

I agree - either way though I think it will reach the Telegraph at least.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :
Email from hardlinemarxist - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Email from hardlinemarxist - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 26 Feb - 20:09

wjk wrote:I have a feeling it will be Tony requesting the negotiations.

You are correct wjk, here is my e-mail reply from Tony............

Here's the answer to your PS, which can be published:

1. I wrote on 13 February to Carter-Ruck suggesting that a two-day trial could be avoided, especially now that I had resigned from the Commitee of MF, no longer owned the MF domain name, had given up being a Moderator on Jill's forum, and had decided to cease campaigning re Madeleine's disappearance.

2. Carter-Ruck wrote back on 20 February offering proposals for a settlement. I would describe them as 'onerous'

3. I have made a provisional appointment to see a Solicitor in a few days' time to discuss Carter-Ruck's letter

4. In the meantime I have made a formal application to be released from one of the undertakings I gave back in 2009. If there is no agreement, matters will proceed to a 2-day trial when the McCanns will ask for me to be committed to prison and I shall ask to be freed from my undertakings - on free speech grounds. With a billion or so people in around 30 countries worldwide able to buy, read, discuss and debate 'The Truth About A Lie', it seems rather harsh that I should face a term of imprisonment for publishing and discussing his thesis. Especially as one of my opponents says that he has 'no objection to people purporting [= propounding] theories' and is 'a strong believer in the freedom of speech'.

Tony
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
Email from hardlinemarxist - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Email from hardlinemarxist - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 26 Feb - 20:53

Lillyofthevalley wrote:
wjk wrote:I have a feeling it will be Tony requesting the negotiations.

You are correct wjk, here is my e-mail reply from Tony............

Here's the answer to your PS, which can be published:

1. I wrote on 13 February to Carter-Ruck suggesting that a two-day trial could be avoided, especially now that I had resigned from the Commitee of MF, no longer owned the MF domain name, had given up being a Moderator on Jill's forum, and had decided to cease campaigning re Madeleine's disappearance.

2. Carter-Ruck wrote back on 20 February offering proposals for a settlement. I would describe them as 'onerous'

3. I have made a provisional appointment to see a Solicitor in a few days' time to discuss Carter-Ruck's letter

4. In the meantime I have made a formal application to be released from one of the undertakings I gave back in 2009. If there is no agreement, matters will proceed to a 2-day trial when the McCanns will ask for me to be committed to prison and I shall ask to be freed from my undertakings - on free speech grounds. With a billion or so people in around 30 countries worldwide able to buy, read, discuss and debate 'The Truth About A Lie', it seems rather harsh that I should face a term of imprisonment for publishing and discussing his thesis. Especially as one of my opponents says that he has 'no objection to people purporting [= propounding] theories' and is 'a strong believer in the freedom of speech'.

Tony

Ah, thank you for posting this, Lilly.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down