Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair bead

+14
mariang
Ang
Wintabells
T4two
kitti
Keela
matthew
LJC
tigger
HiDeHo
margaret
marxman
Thistledown
mossman
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hair bead Empty Hair bead

Post  matthew Wed 29 Feb - 2:27

Hair bead 5PDL

I was thinking about kates"carefully took out Madeleines hair bead" for the what questions they answer before they are asked thread...does kate ever state when(which day of the holiday) the bead(elastic band) was put in her hair? from the photos from pdl it is only the 'last photo' of Maddie with the hair bead...or is the 'hair bead' just a story to explain the last photoshopped photo?
also could the hair bead have given the mccanns the idea for the good quality wristbands Hair bead 182123

matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :
Hair bead Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Hair bead Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Hair bead Empty Re: Hair bead

Post  kitti Wed 29 Feb - 7:19

Changing the subject, a bit.

I work with 3-4 yr olds and they have a 'cottage' in there playground and the other day i watched them going in and out of it by the door and I can tell you, MOST off them were well smaller than the door and looking at the picture off Madeleine (2) looks very tall for her age, the same in (5)...

As for the bead......where is it?

Was it mentioned in her bewk?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Wed 29 Feb - 7:29

Well spotted Matthew,
I'm sure the hair bead didn't appear in the narrative until the photograph appeared three weeks after 3/5.

It has all the hallmarks of the endless adjustments they make to their story. It's in the bewk.

Mentioning the hair bead served:
to establish that the photograph really was taken when and where they said -
to show what a caring and attentive mother Kate was to Maddie.

It's interesting, I hadn't seen it from that angle before - we already knew, but now TM has given us confirmation: that photograph is fake! Thank you.

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 29 Feb - 7:42

Does she say in the bewk about putting the hair bead in or taking it out?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 29 Feb - 9:14

there was mention of a hair elastic being found behind the bed in the parents room in 5a. this was in either the pj files or dr amarals book, i do not have time to check now.

obviously this could have been a band belonging to kate or another previous holidaymaker, but it is one of those things that struck me and stuck in my mind when i read it and i do not know why.

i am almost certain it was mentioned in the bewk, the phrase "carefully" removing it is another thing that suck with me. why would you say that, how else would you do it. it should go without saying it was taken out with care.

these beads are usually put in by people on the beach or street traders in my experience on holidays. she did not seem to have it on in any other photo. so getting it put in would usually be a big deal for little girls. there is no mention i can reall of either them buying the bead and kate putting it in or of Madeleines excitement at having it put in on the beach or street. it just appeared, then disappeared.

that said, what madeleine wears in her hair looks to me like a normal band wrapped around her hair multiple times.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Thistledown Wed 29 Feb - 9:28

Morning all

This was discussed extensively on 3as and yes it's just a normal hair band wrapped many times around Madeleine's hair.

As the mother of a daughter who has had similar hair do's you have no choice but to carefully remove these bands when they've been wrapped so tightly as it can pull the hair out by the root if you're not careful.

The band may be of some importance as, going by what we now know of Kate's temperament, the removal of it could have caused Madeleine to scream blue murder causing Ms Healy to throw a little tantrum of her own.
Thistledown
Thistledown
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 93
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Feb - 9:38

I've always thought that the famous "last photo" by the poolside may be genuine but taken the year before. That would explain why there was no hair bead in any other photo. I know it's all been said before but it is so hard to accept that all the photos issued are of the same child.

In the montage supplied by Matthew, the difference between the tennis ball girl and the one to the right in the playground is most noticable. It may be the different angle and range but there seems to be a great difference in height and the hair colour doesn't look the same.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 29 Feb - 10:02

Matthew:
also could the hair bead have given the mccanns the idea for the good quality wristbands

Yep - they missed out on that one. Could have promoted good quality Madeleine hair beads. That's what happens when you only add these things to the story later on after all the marketing decisions have been taken and actioned. Anyway, it isn't a bead, as posters have already pointed out, it's an elastic band, so it might not have inspired a good marketing ploy. I agree that the mention of it is to validate the last photo, which actually invalidates it. The whole elaborate story about carefully removing it is a lie - no sign of a hair bead in any of the other photos. Why mention "carefully"? That's what liars always do - elaborate - they think it makes the lie more credible.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Wed 29 Feb - 10:11

T4two wrote:Matthew:
also could the hair bead have given the mccanns the idea for the good quality wristbands

Yep - they missed out on that one. Could have promoted good quality Madeleine hair beads. That's what happens when you only add these things to the story later on after all the marketing decisions have been taken and actioned. Anyway, it isn't a bead, as posters have already pointed out, it's an elastic band, so it might not have inspired a good marketing ploy. I agree that the mention of it is to validate the last photo, which actually invalidates it. The whole elaborate story about carefully removing it is a lie - no sign of a hair bead in any of the other photos. Why mention "carefully"? That's what liars always do - elaborate - they think it makes the lie more credible.

I maybe wrong but do you really take out
a elastic band entangled in hair 'carefully'?
I think I would use my trusty pair of scissors
and just snip it off. But what would I know. Hair bead 25346
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 29 Feb - 10:16

You know something important just occured to me... when a child has a plait and the elastic in her hair (l agree it's NOT a bead) the hair will be kinky for a few days afterwards - even after washing.

But none of those photos has Madeleine with kinky hair on her right side. So the last photo may indeed be the last photo??
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 29 Feb - 10:32

margaret wrote:You know something important just occured to me... when a child has a plait and the elastic in her hair (l agree it's NOT a bead) the hair will be kinky for a few days afterwards - even after washing.

But none of those photos has Madeleine with kinky hair on her right side. So the last photo may indeed be the last photo??

Good point - who knows? But it's unlikely for the simple reason that the hair bead was never ever mentioned either before or after. It's a completely isolated incident. When did she get the 'bead'? Was it put in at the Creche? Wouldn't a little girl be absolutely thrilled and make a big thing of it? Wouldn't it be worth a mention in your diary? Wouldn't that sort of event, especially shortly before the child was 'abducted' be one of those things which you kept on thinking about and which reduced you to tears every time?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 29 Feb - 10:42

Hair bead Last_photo

Did Kate directly talk about this 'bead' or was it a bit of nonsense we read in 'The Sun'? I have a feeling it was the latter.

And I agree... it appears to be a plaited section of hair secured with a pink elasticated band
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 29 Feb - 10:43

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I've always thought that the famous "last photo" by the poolside may be genuine but taken the year before. That would explain why there was no hair bead in any other photo. I know it's all been said before but it is so hard to accept that all the photos issued are of the same child.

In the montage supplied by Matthew, the difference between the tennis ball girl and the one to the right in the playground is most noticable. It may be the different angle and range but there seems to be a great difference in height and the hair colour doesn't look the same.

It's the hair that fascinates me. In a couple of those photos, it looks like it's just been cut and styled, while in others it looks like it's time for a haircut.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 29 Feb - 10:49

Is there a difference in dentition between these two photos?

Hair bead 0Hair bead Madeleine-McCann-AFP-5525084
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Feb - 11:02

I hope I'm not the only person who had to check on the precise meaning of the word "dentition"!

The teeth do look the same to me but Madeleine looks older in the frizzy hair photo than in the poolside photo which of course doesn't make sense as the latter was supposedly taken on 3rd May 2007.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 29 Feb - 11:05

Interesting post from Steel Magnolia on the subject of the hair bead. From May 2007.

http://steelmagnolia-mccannarchives.blogspot.com/2012/02/trendy-hairbead.html

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 29 Feb - 11:06

AnnaEsse wrote:Is there a difference in dentition between these two photos?

I think the dentition looks pretty similar, but the smile (in the top image) is not one I've seen replicated in any other photo.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 29 Feb - 11:08

Wintabells wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:Is there a difference in dentition between these two photos?

I think the dentition looks pretty similar, but the smile (in the top image) is not one I've seen replicated in any other photo.

I think that Madeleine with crimped hair looks older.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 29 Feb - 12:20

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I hope I'm not the only person who had to check on the precise meaning of the word "dentition"!

The teeth do look the same to me but Madeleine looks older in the frizzy hair photo than in the poolside photo which of course doesn't make sense as the latter was supposedly taken on 3rd May 2007.

Dentition? You and me both.
But I agree, she definitely looks older in the frizzy hair photo - probably because she is. If the 'last' photo was put out to support the 'story' and the mention of carefully removing the bead (Btw not a forum myth) was done to validate the photo then it isn't surprising that it was not mentioned previously, for exanple when it was put in (by whoever) so mentioning its removal in such detail raises a red flag. Perhaps the putting in of the bead will be covered in the next edition of the book and one of the nannies will supplement her story accordingly. Hair bead 29204
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Wed 29 Feb - 12:52

I have yet to see two photos which look as though it could be the same child.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  HiDeHo Wed 29 Feb - 12:52

I have always had a couple of thoughts on the bead...no facts, just thoughts

I always felt that the time to plait her hair (and add the nonexistent) bead was more in preparation for/early the holiday and that the Last Pic was taken in the first couple of days.

If something happened to Madeleine, I could imagine Kate remembering this moment, one of the last with her daughter, but at an earlier time in the holiday. I always felt that Kate would have taken the band and put it on her wrist (and kept it there) and I have searched extensively for photos that may possibly show this.

It's only just occurred to me, after bringing it to my attention, that if this was so then it MAY be the thinking behind the wristbands!

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic67-60.html
Handwritten note referring to item 1

On 9th May 2007 at 06.00 a police officer from Aljezur found (at the back of Maddie’s parents bedroom) an elastic hair band abandoned/dropped on the floor.

(Can’t make out the sentence that follows).
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Feb - 13:06

Keela wrote:I have yet to see two photos which look as though it could be the same child.

There may be some members who haven't yet seen Pamalam's collection of all the photos issued of Madeleine so here's the link again.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/MADELEINE_PHOTOS.htm

Certainly a bewildering collection and it's been proved (on this site I think) that one of the photos (drinking from a can with a straw) is of the child actress Madeline O'Brien.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 29 Feb - 13:23

Not Born Yesterday wrote:
There may be some members who haven't yet seen Pamalam's collection of all the photos issued of Madeleine so here's the link again.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/MADELEINE_PHOTOS.htm

Certainly a bewildering collection and it's been proved (on this site I think) that one of the photos (drinking from a can with a straw) is of the child actress Madeline O'Brien.

Thanks for that link, NBY.
The one that really troubles me is this one. It's listed as 'Nora Paul - Maddie', but it appeared in the press after Madeleine vanished and was taken on the McCanns' trip to Canada to see Aunty Nora with the twins. At the time, it was agreed that the child must be Amelie, not Madeleine, but I've never seen Amelie with her hair looking so much like her sister's. Normally she seems to have it in bunches, or something.

Hair bead Nora-paul-sen-madeleine
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Feb - 13:53

I wasn't aware that this photo was taken supposedly after Madeleine disappeared. I certainly do not think that it is Amelie as she was very blonde at the time, though that was the initial description given of Madeleine. When did the McCanns go to Canada? This clip of an interview with Aunt Nora refers to the twins as being three which would be after February 2008.

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/clip67999#clip67999

I think that this may be a simple mix-up and the photos were taken earlier - perhaps Aunt Nora visited the family in England?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 29 Feb - 14:25

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/17-July8/people-13-07-08-Transcript.htm

I think they went to Canada in July 2008.

I remember that beach photo appearing just after that holiday, but I can't remember where (I feel there were a few of them) and somehow there was evidence that it was taken during that trip. Others may have more info on this.

-------------------------------------

Edited to add more info here. I think you're quite right and the photos were taken in the UK. My mistake. Sorry

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id17.html

Last edited by Wintabells on Wed 29 Feb - 14:29; edited 1 time in total
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down