Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contents of Gerrys Stolen Wallet

+18
Keela
tanszi
Christine
AnnaEsse
wjk
gillyspot
NoStone
Panda
Wintabells
Loopdaloop
matthew
bill516
chrissie
mahlersghost
mariang
duncanmac
kitti
pennylane
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Contents  of Gerrys Stolen Wallet - Page 2 Empty Re: Contents of Gerrys Stolen Wallet

Post  Wintabells Tue 6 Mar - 13:10

mariang wrote:Or had it already been used to pay for 'filthy websites"????

That's a possiblity and something he wouldn't have wanted wifey to know about.... Contents  of Gerrys Stolen Wallet - Page 2 303636
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :
Contents  of Gerrys Stolen Wallet - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Contents  of Gerrys Stolen Wallet - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Contents  of Gerrys Stolen Wallet - Page 2 Empty Re: Contents of Gerrys Stolen Wallet

Post  mariang Tue 6 Mar - 14:14

Or the police!!!!!
mariang
mariang
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 142
Warning :
Contents  of Gerrys Stolen Wallet - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Contents  of Gerrys Stolen Wallet - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 6 Mar - 18:56

even if his wallet was stolen it wouldnt mean that reference to any billing on the"stolen" credit card would be removed. It just means its recorded on the details of the stolen card, and that could be retrieved,given the appropriate official authority, with his name and address. jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Contents  of Gerrys Stolen Wallet - Page 2 Empty Wallet

Post  mahlersghost Tue 6 Mar - 20:40

The obvious reaction to having these important photos returned should have been to have had them published - have they knowingly appeared to the public in the intervening nearly 5 years (as a good marketing ploy, "the stolen photos")? Somehow doubt it.

The returned 30 euros is an oddity - the credit cards would have been too hot to handle with the Gerald McCann name - easier to destroy the whole lot photos, wallet included (his old address in Queeniborough was written in it as was the driving licence with that Scottish address - am I wrong?) And which friends received the package and took it out to Portugal? All very vague for such a potentially heart-warming story, as with the ill air-traveller - no media scrum to find the recipient of GM's medical skill. A gold-mine of a story for papers passed over. Makes no sense to me.

mahlersghost
mahlersghost

Number of posts : 36
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  bill516 Tue 6 Mar - 20:51

Hi all, dont post very often but I lurk alot. The thing I notice with the wallet is that it is another thing that has no DNA attached to it. I'm sure the thief must have left prints on the wallet and possibly some DNA on the envelope unless it was one of those self sealing things, but surely the police would want to look at it, oh I forgot it, wasnt reported was it. Amazing how this family come across so many people who dont have DNA or traces of their existance.
bill516
bill516
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 6 Mar - 23:13

Hiya Bill, perhaps it wasnt the "lost wallet" that was mailed back at all. Could have been another one. jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Wed 7 Mar - 0:00

It would not be the thief who posted the wallet to their old leicestershire address. If a thief is unscrupulous enough to pinch it from his back pocket in the first place the last thing on his mind would be posting it back. He would just dump it. If he had a conscious at all he would dump it where it was easily found.

So, who found it? Why not notify the police? I would have, because I would have believed that Gerry McCann was still in Portugal, I would not have known he was walking the streets of London, and I would have thought it a bit fishy that I had just found his wallet if he was in Portugal and I would have reported it to the police, just in case it was linked to Madeleine's disappearance in some way. It could have meant, to me at least, that not only did Madeleine disappear from the apartment that night but perhaps that his wallet did too and, to me at least, it could have meant that the abductor was walking the streets of London, not Gerry. Yes, I know Gerry said that nothing else of any worth was taken from the apartment, but I'm thinking not everyone has read indepth details about the case as I have and I believe it is possible to think to one's self that this wallet lying there dumped in central London could somehow be linked to the abductor. Yes, I would definitely have told the police that I had found it. It could have had an abductor's DNA on it for all I knew. Yes, it would have been handed in by any right minded person.

Therefore, I believe it was either not a right minded person that found it or it never was stolen in the first place.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 7 Mar - 10:16

Very good post LJC, totally agree.

There was also a discussion many moons ago whether there was something in the wallet that needed to be passed on to a third party, maybe a message, sim card or the like. Don't know if anyone else remembers this.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Wed 7 Mar - 12:20

chrissie wrote:Very good post LJC, totally agree.

There was also a discussion many moons ago whether there was something in the wallet that needed to be passed on to a third party, maybe a message, sim card or the like. Don't know if anyone else remembers this.

That is another possibility. The wallet was collected from their old address by friends from Amsterdam and handed over to Gerry when he visited them in Portugal. So that would be a safe way to pass on an item.
I think the photographs so dear to Gerry are just a red herring - shows him in a good light - doting father.

Was that in the same way the fridge story was used? Because I'm sure he didn't go heaving a fridge around, but that could mean that the fridge was now empty, or the fridge which had held Maddie's body had been disposed of. Not necessarily by Gerry himself.

29th June:
Gerry's blog.
Our friends brought back my wallet which had been returned, needless to say minus the Sterling, although all my cards and €30 were still in it! It is good to have my driving license back and one or two other important things.

Note that he doesn't mention the photographs - just his driving license and one or two other important things.
I'm convinced that some kind of transaction took place and the bit in bold is Gerry being 'clever'.

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 7 Mar - 19:58

I'd just like to say that there's no hard evidence for the fridge story. I'm aware that plenty of people say they remember reading about this in one of Gerry's blogs but there are also plenty of people who didn't, so it's not been established whether or not this story came from the horse's mouth or not.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Wed 7 Mar - 20:04

Wintabells wrote:I'd just like to say that there's no hard evidence for the fridge story. I'm aware that plenty of people say they remember reading about this in one of Gerry's blogs but there are also plenty of people who didn't, so it's not been established whether or not this story came from the horse's mouth or not.

There's quite a long thread on the fridge here which I read, I don't think it's a matter of people egging each other on, it is also a strange story to invent imo.
Added to the fact that Gerry wanted to 'pull' his blogs and then found they'd been copied to other sites, I think that the circumstantial evidence leans towards the fridge being true.

Gerry thinks he's clever imo. This wallet thing with the obscure mention at the end of the blog instead of simply saying he's delighted to have the photographs back - and his driving license. He could always get another on of those - but not of the photographs which should be more important.
Yet those aren't mentioned again.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 7 Mar - 20:34

tigger wrote:

There's quite a long thread on the fridge here which I read, I don't think it's a matter of people egging each other on, it is also a strange story to invent imo.
Added to the fact that Gerry wanted to 'pull' his blogs and then found they'd been copied to other sites, I think that the circumstantial evidence leans towards the fridge being true.

Hi Tigger. Yes, I've read it all over the years, on this and other forums (Mirror, 3A's etc) but I've got to the point where I'm wary of stating anything as fact unless I've witnessed the players actually saying it, writing it or doing it.
I mean there's plenty of accusations about lies and discrepancies in their stories, but thus far, they've been hard to actually pinpoint.

I've only found three or four bits of hard evidence thus far:

1) Gerry's claim that they might not 'even get a table' at the Tapas on the night of the 'abduction' (though Rachel made a block booking)
2) Kate's claim that she wouldn't have even thought about 'where were you when we cried' if there hadn't been an 'abduction' (though FP remembers K talking about it over dinner before Madeleine vanished).
3) the children being returned to the creche for the last hour and a half after ice-cream on the beach (creche register says otherwise)
4) Kate not being called McCann until after Madeleine vanished (though she signed herself as Healey in the creche register).

I'm not saying Gerry didn't dump a fridge and I completely agree with you, he thinks he's so clever. I read somewhere, and I've searched so hard to find it again, how he loved playing card tricks on people when he was a kid (I think this was an Aunty Phil interview) and I can just imagine how much satisfaction it gave him to successfully employ his distraction skills from an early age.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Wed 7 Mar - 21:05

Thinking about the contents of Gerry's wallet again, especially he claimed there was an up to date photo in there of Madeleine, which was precious to him. Perhaps we are all familiar with this photo. Perhaps it is the photo where she is wearing the blue eye make up. Perhaps this is why Gerry claims his wallet was stolen but did not go to the police. Perhaps he thought the police would not understand if he described the photo of Madeleine. Perhaps Gerry feared being outed. Perhaps Gerry and Kate decided eventually to publish this photo themselves before somebody else put it into the public domain for them. It seems to me they were reluctant to publish this photo but, for some reason, eventually decided to. I mean, if I had stolen his wallet and found this photo in there I would be even more suspicious of Gerry McCann. If I had found the wallet dumped and found this photo in there, I would be running to the police as quickly as possible. Or perhaps if I had stumbled across this photo and I was unscrupulous I would consider blackmailing the McCanns. Perhaps this is a good reason to publish it voluntarily, as if to say its all above board and innocent. They explain Madeleine was having fun in it and dressing up. Its another one of their innocent explanations perhaps.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  bill516 Wed 7 Mar - 21:56

It really depends on who is in the picture. Just suppose the stolen wallet claim was a 'look how easily this picture could get into the wrong hands' sort of thing, a threat to someone if they didn't make things go away. Its a bit conspiracy but there is just too many things with this case that dont fit together unless someone has been doing some manipulation on a higher level than we are used to. If that is the case though and the Mcs have something on someone then if they did tell, who would believe them, after what they have said and done in the past. Just a thought maybe Clarence was 'given' to them for the very reason to send them on wild goose chases to set them up and paint themselves into a corner. Clarence the double agent, you gotta laff at the thought of it. Contents  of Gerrys Stolen Wallet - Page 2 23324
bill516
bill516
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Wed 7 Mar - 22:05

bill516 wrote:It really depends on who is in the picture. Just suppose the stolen wallet claim was a 'look how easily this picture could get into the wrong hands' sort of thing, a threat to someone if they didn't make things go away. Its a bit conspiracy but there is just too many things with this case that dont fit together unless someone has been doing some manipulation on a higher level than we are used to. If that is the case though and the Mcs have something on someone then if they did tell, who would believe them, after what they have said and done in the past. Just a thought maybe Clarence was 'given' to them for the very reason to send them on wild goose chases to set them up and paint themselves into a corner. Clarence the double agent, you gotta laff at the thought of it. Contents  of Gerrys Stolen Wallet - Page 2 23324

an old saying is that the truth is often said in jest...a quote from my late gran Contents  of Gerrys Stolen Wallet - Page 2 294124
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Wed 7 Mar - 23:21

I've never been one for all the 'freemasonery' narrative, however Gerry had '30 Euros' Stolen from his wallet which is meant to correlate with the 'thirty pieces of silver' of the price that Judas was paid to betray Jesus and thus is a signal to the wider 'freemason's that Gerry is in fact a freemason.
This coupled with the funny poses and gestures he has made in a lot of photographs which are not natural positions however correspond to that old book of secret freemason gestures, thus adds to this. I think this was the sole purpose of this story.

However, I do bare an open mind as to the idea that he wanted credit cards stolen to cover his back with regard to dodgy purchases which may have been made on them, hence his 'empty' file on the police computers.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Thu 8 Mar - 0:25

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1556140/Stolen-Madeleine-photos-returned-to-father.html

The photos (says the article) were one of Madeleine at 15 months and another, taken more recently of Madeleine in church.

The Euros were returned with the wallet.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 8 Mar - 0:56

Extract from maddycasefiles

"Some reports have suggested that the pictures included the twins and it's possible the picture taken in church may have been taken when the McCanns attended the christening of one of Jon Corner's children, at the end of March 2007 (see report at bottom of this page)."

Right, mystery solved about the photo of Madeleine in church.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 8 Mar - 7:05

Loopdaloop wrote:I've never been one for all the 'freemasonery' narrative, however Gerry had '30 Euros' Stolen from his wallet which is meant to correlate with the 'thirty pieces of silver' of the price that Judas was paid to betray Jesus and thus is a signal to the wider 'freemason's that Gerry is in fact a freemason.
This coupled with the funny poses and gestures he has made in a lot of photographs which are not natural positions however correspond to that old book of secret freemason gestures, thus adds to this. I think this was the sole purpose of this story.

However, I do bare an open mind as to the idea that he wanted credit cards stolen to cover his back with regard to dodgy purchases which may have been made on them, hence his 'empty' file on the police computers.

Interesting! I'm not one for total conspiracies. I think they were lucky that the press needed a 'milch cow' after Diana. So once the libel lawyers were in action, they'd stay firmly with the fairy tale.
But the freemason thing - someone once said that Gerry was the type of man who'd turn up in a camouflage gear at a neighbourhood watch meeting. Overdoing it in other words. Just like throwing himself on the ground, then twice making an angle of 90 degrees with his body and 'roaring like a bull' is in the handbook for the Freemasons. The GNR turned out not to be brothers.
Freemasonry amongst doctors is common, because you'll have back-up for medical negligence.

The 30 euros is interesting. So the thirty pieces of silver are still in his possession.
The photographs may have been sent to a 'safe place'. I've always wondered if the blue eyeshadow photo was a message to pay up or do something - otherwise we've got more? Because someone else might have been present.
One or two important things? No idea.
Freemason gestures? Can you give some examples?

Considering there's a youtube clip of Gordon Brown given someone the 'master hand-shake' in full public view - I'm sure Gerry would make use of all sorts of 'secret' messages.

Trouble with the credit card motive is that is was far too late for use it as an excuse. The PJ had asked for 6 months, the Home office wrote back saying 6 months was 'intrusive' - the PJ didn't bother to ask for a shorter term, I believe. But that would have been refused anyway.
I still think the protection and cover came from the top, very quick, I think it wasn't a matter of national security - I think it was principally saving the ..... of one or a few persons. The Freemasonry helped, but it would have happened anyway.

The card tricks he did as a child - that's very interesting. What's that saying? the man is the father of the boy.

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 8 Mar - 7:32

Wintabells wrote:I'd just like to say that there's no hard evidence for the fridge story. I'm aware that plenty of people say they remember reading about this in one of Gerry's blogs but there are also plenty of people who didn't, so it's not been established whether or not this story came from the horse's mouth or not.

I did not read about it in Gerry's blog. I read about it in an online newspaper. I think it was the Times. There was a photograph of the villa.

I've been hunting for a cached copy for five years now, I know I didn't imagine it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 8 Mar - 7:34

LJC wrote:It would not be the thief who posted the wallet to their old leicestershire address. If a thief is unscrupulous enough to pinch it from his back pocket in the first place the last thing on his mind would be posting it back. He would just dump it. If he had a conscious at all he would dump it where it was easily found.

He would also have kept and spent the €30. Lots of shops in London (and other places) take Euros.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Thu 8 Mar - 7:50

for me the focus has to be on who 'stole' the wallet and who's hands did it pass through to get back to Gerry?? A thief would have takn the Euro's and dumped the wallet as others have said. I do not believe the wallet was stolen but paseed to someone for a more specific purpose. I also believe his wallet wasthen used as a 'mule' and transport something via unsuspecting victims, across borders and into his hands - something very important. A card that he could use without being traced or something more valuable. Could someone please help me fix this in the timeline of events so we can look to what happened next to see if there is a clue - it could not be some sort of DNA that was transported could it??
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 8 Mar - 7:51

Iris wrote:
LJC wrote:It would not be the thief who posted the wallet to their old leicestershire address. If a thief is unscrupulous enough to pinch it from his back pocket in the first place the last thing on his mind would be posting it back. He would just dump it. If he had a conscious at all he would dump it where it was easily found.

He would also have kept and spent the €30. Lots of shops in London (and other places) take Euros.

This is a very good topic! Between us we've got more out of that wallet than there was ever physically in it. That wasn't the idea at I expect. Contents  of Gerrys Stolen Wallet - Page 2 307691
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Thu 8 Mar - 7:56

Probably a silly question but DID anyone actually STEAL Gerry's wallet?

Do we have evidence of that? I am not aware of any. Interesting that there were "irreplaceable" photos of Madeleine within it and the thief didn't realise or notice that they were there. This is despite the massive coverage in UK media particularly. Surely these photos particularly the "recent" one would have a value that any thief would recognise. Not to mention the 30 euros - could be changed at any post office to ££s without giving name & address.

IMO no wallet was stolen it is simply to cover up something. What though I don't know.

Last edited by gillyspot on Thu 8 Mar - 7:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 8 Mar - 8:04

gillyspot wrote:Probably a silly question but DID anyone actually STEAL Gerry's wallet?

Of course they did. Gerry said so. Contents  of Gerrys Stolen Wallet - Page 2 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next