Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PORTUGAL POLICE REVIEW MCCANN CASE/Daily and Sunday Express

+22
kathybelle
maebee
T4two
LJC
cass
NoStone
Lillyofthevalley
margaret
marxman
Oldartform
gillyspot
almostgothic
Loopdaloop
Annabel
ShabbyTiger
pennylane
welshy
Justiceforallkids
wjk
tanszi
chrissie
AnnaEsse
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

PORTUGAL POLICE REVIEW MCCANN CASE/Daily and Sunday Express  - Page 3 Empty Re: PORTUGAL POLICE REVIEW MCCANN CASE/Daily and Sunday Express

Post  LJC Sun 18 Mar - 23:04

kathybelle wrote:I don't believe for one minute the McCanns loved their children. The McCanns took their children on a family holiday, dumped them in the creche during the day and left them unsupervised in their unlocked unlit apartment, all but one evening of that so called family holiday. They went out and left their children once again, after Madeleine told them what happened the previous evening. How ironic that Madeleine should disappear that very evening.

The McCanns admitted they never looked for Madeleine, when she went "missing" and they lied through their teeth to save their own skins.
Along with their family and friends, the McCanns set up a fund to find Madeleine and along with their extended family, they used the money from the fund, to assist their finances. The McCanns also didn't cooperate with the PJ and since they were released from their arguido status, they have bad mouthed the PJ at every opportunity. The McCanns have also used a substantial amount of the fund to pay costs when they lost their attempts to get Goncalo Amaral's book permanently banned. The McCanns also had to pay costs, when they made a malicious allegation against Goncalo Amaral, which was thrown out of the court.

I know everything I have just written, has already been written in other posts, but I am just stating why I don't believe for one minute that the McCanns loved their children. In my opinion, parents who love their children, do not treat them in the way the McCanns treated their 3 tiny toddlers.

We all show love in different ways. I think they loved them in their own way, but their own way was an unorthadox way. Too much is made of 'me time'. You read it in magazines all the time, to make sure you get your own special 'me time' and sometimes I just think this aspect of parenting is pushed too much at people. Its like its implied that its not 'me time' to have enjoyable times on holiday with your little children. I used to find that 'me time' just meant I was out supposedly enjoying myself and all the time wondering and fretting over the children (who were safely with grandparents). It now happens with the dog. If ever we go abroad and she's left at home with my now grown up sons, I worry about her so much that it spoils my holiday. The time I enjoyed the most, after enjoying the company of my children first and foremost, was when they were tucked up in bed with me just downstairs with the television on low volume, watching a film with a nice glass of red. Ah, that was bliss and that, to me, was 'me time', Would I have sat at the top of the garden - no way.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
PORTUGAL POLICE REVIEW MCCANN CASE/Daily and Sunday Express  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100PORTUGAL POLICE REVIEW MCCANN CASE/Daily and Sunday Express  - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

PORTUGAL POLICE REVIEW MCCANN CASE/Daily and Sunday Express  - Page 3 Empty Re: PORTUGAL POLICE REVIEW MCCANN CASE/Daily and Sunday Express

Post  T4two Sun 18 Mar - 23:04

kathybelle wrote:I don't believe for one minute the McCanns loved their children. The McCanns took their children on a family holiday, dumped them in the creche during the day and left them unsupervised in their unlocked unlit apartment, all but one evening of that so called family holiday. They went out and left their children once again, after Madeleine told them what happened the previous evening. How ironic that Madeleine should disappear that very evening.

The McCanns admitted they never looked for Madeleine, when she went "missing" and they lied through their teeth to save their own skins.
Along with their family and friends, the McCanns set up a fund to find Madeleine and along with their extended family, they used the money from the fund, to assist their finances. The McCanns also didn't cooperate with the PJ and since they were released from their arguido status, they have bad mouthed the PJ at every opportunity. The McCanns have also used a substantial amount of the fund to pay costs when they lost their attempts to get Goncalo Amaral's book permanently banned. The McCanns also had to pay costs, when they made a malicious allegation against Goncalo Amaral, which was thrown out of the court.

I know everything I have just written, has already been written in other posts, but I am just stating why I don't believe for one minute that the McCanns loved their children. In my opinion, parents who love their children, do not treat them in the way the McCanns treated their 3 tiny toddlers.

Yes - it needed to be said. PORTUGAL POLICE REVIEW MCCANN CASE/Daily and Sunday Express  - Page 3 307691
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
PORTUGAL POLICE REVIEW MCCANN CASE/Daily and Sunday Express  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100PORTUGAL POLICE REVIEW MCCANN CASE/Daily and Sunday Express  - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Sun 18 Mar - 23:29

Panda
We know Madeleine was a handful , as is usual, older children get jealous when younger siblings get all the attention , after all Madeleine was less than
2 yrs of age when the twins were born. To refer to her as 'my little friend' is also a strange remark. whatever else, I do believe the McCanns loved their children, but as Adults, had poor parenting skills....to make a remark like 'It was our Holiday too' shows their selfishness, as did going out every night.

Hi Panda, the reference to "My little friend is a bit strange but not half as strange as GM's reference to "The situation Madeleine finds herself in" ?????? Like it was Madeleine's fault that she was "abducted"! Unbelievable.
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sun 18 Mar - 23:31

LJC wrote:

We all show love in different ways. I think they loved them in their own way, but their own way was an unorthadox way. Too much is made of 'me time'. You read it in magazines all the time, to make sure you get your own special 'me time' and sometimes I just think this aspect of parenting is pushed too much at people. Its like its implied that its not 'me time' to have enjoyable times on holiday with your little children. I used to find that 'me time' just meant I was out supposedly enjoying myself and all the time wondering and fretting over the children (who were safely with grandparents). It now happens with the dog. If ever we go abroad and she's left at home with my now grown up sons, I worry about her so much that it spoils my holiday. The time I enjoyed the most, after enjoying the company of my children first and foremost, was when they were tucked up in bed with me just downstairs with the television on low volume, watching a film with a nice glass of red. Ah, that was bliss and that, to me, was 'me time', Would I have sat at the top of the garden - no way.

It wasn't just a case of the McCanns having "me time", lots of parents have "me time" but they don't leave their children unsupervised, in an unlocked, unlit apartment, in a strange country, which is what the McCanns did. They said they made 30minute checks on their children, that in itself is disgusting, anyone with young children, knows it takes seconds for them to have an accident, when your back is turned. On the night Madeleine went "missing" the McCanns only made one check each. Gerry's one and only check was at 21:05 and Kate's was at 22:00hrs, when she "discovered" Madeleine had gone. All the other people who supposedly were checking on the McCanns children, gave different versions of their checks. The mother of one of the Tapas group, said each parent only checked their own children, so someone was telling lies.

Also if the McCanns really loved their children, they would have searched and searched and searched for Madeleine, until they were satisfied they had covered every inch of Praia da Luz. They would have also knocked on every door of every house in Praia da Luz, fear of Madeleine suffering would have given them the adrenaline to do everything they could to find Madeleine. They didn't and neither did their mates, they found it more important to get their stories straight and make phone calls to prominent people, such as Gordon Brown, who they knew would help to get them off the hook, should they be arrested for offences against Madeleine.

I know I'm only giving my opinion, but I can only go off what I have read in the files and what the McCanns have said in their various interviews and what I have read in the files and what the McCanns have said in their interviews, shows to me that they had no love at all for their children.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 19 Mar - 0:58

maebee wrote:
Panda
We know Madeleine was a handful , as is usual, older children get jealous when younger siblings get all the attention , after all Madeleine was less than
2 yrs of age when the twins were born. To refer to her as 'my little friend' is also a strange remark. whatever else, I do believe the McCanns loved their children, but as Adults, had poor parenting skills....to make a remark like 'It was our Holiday too' shows their selfishness, as did going out every night.

Hi Panda, the reference to "My little friend is a bit strange but not half as strange as GM's reference to "The situation Madeleine finds herself in" ?????? Like it was Madeleine's fault that she was "abducted"! Unbelievable.

Hi maebee,

When you think of it, Kate was an only child and Gerry the spoilt youngest in his Family so that is probably where the "me" comes from . All the more
odd that they should want children so much they opted for IVF and after Madeleiene was born rushed into IVF again.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mariang Mon 19 Mar - 3:45

I too know someone who went through the agony of ivf - and from what i see her child is also an inconvenience. You would think that for a child that was sooo wanted and all costs, financially and physically painful that that child would be completely cherished. This isnt always the case. Not to the extent of the mccanns bad parenting - but not far off.
So wanting a child that badly and then having the child doesnt always turn out with the same outcome, sadly.
All in my opinion of course!
mariang
mariang
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 142
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Mon 19 Mar - 4:36

pennylane wrote:In the words of Dr Amaral

"The decision of the Prime Minister has been misrepresented. The McCanns have spoken of a reassessment of the "sightings" of the child. But what is known is that Scotland Yard, appointed to review all research, has put aside the pseudo-sightings focusing on the process that is filed. The elements of the Scotland Yard have been working with a research team from Porto (Porto because the Algarve and Lisbon had been involved), and what is known is that the "thing" is not going very well for the side of McCann."

Tick... tock... PORTUGAL POLICE REVIEW MCCANN CASE/Daily and Sunday Express  - Page 3 E5044998

the"thing" is not going very well for the side of McCann."
Great news for a Monday morning PORTUGAL POLICE REVIEW MCCANN CASE/Daily and Sunday Express  - Page 3 294124 PORTUGAL POLICE REVIEW MCCANN CASE/Daily and Sunday Express  - Page 3 873702 PORTUGAL POLICE REVIEW MCCANN CASE/Daily and Sunday Express  - Page 3 929468
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Mon 19 Mar - 9:42

In 2007, several posters stated that it might take five years to bring the McCanns to face justice and I thought, "What a long time that is". But here we are in 2012, and most of us are now contemplating that maybe their time has come now.
Estelle
Estelle
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 431
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3