Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From MCF

+22
cass
kathybelle
Sara_Rose_
Panda
comperedna
tanszi
frencheuropean
margaret
mollydog
chrissie
Oldartform
pennylane
mossman
matthew
dazedandconfused
T4two
almostgothic
Annabel
Lillyofthevalley
mahlersghost
MaryB
Bebootje
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

From MCF Empty From MCF

Post  Annabel Tue 13 Mar - 10:04

From XKLAMATION on Maddiecasefiles

Guys, I have bad news. I was already suspicious that this PJ review was nothing more than an exercise in PR, thus the re-start of the 2010 campaign "A Voice for Madeleine". This was mainly due to watching Pedro do Carmo, stating that Oporto's PJ special unit had been working on a review for the past year.

Last night, a TV show, that I'm about to start translating, has confirmed that said costly "review" exercise, is based exactly on Scotland Yard's motives - I'm afraid that both we, the Portuguese, and you, the British people, are just financing vain and meaningless PR exercises from both our police forces.

Keep signing, sharing the petition, we must pressure the Portuguese authorities for the case to be reopened.

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
From MCF Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100From MCF Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

From MCF Empty Re: From MCF

Post  pennylane Tue 13 Mar - 10:05

Thank you Annabel.

Just as I feared! From MCF 29204

Now where's that petition please? From MCF 645452
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Bebootje Tue 13 Mar - 10:17

Bring it on!
Bebootje
Bebootje
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

From MCF Empty PETITION

Post  Annabel Tue 13 Mar - 10:18

Last edited by Annabel on Tue 13 Mar - 10:22; edited 1 time in total
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 13 Mar - 10:19

so a child that left the uk never to return and its a closed book , i really hope thats not the case very sad indeed . so the mcanns can bleat on and on and on about bad sy and the pj they can run but cannot hide . i have thought for a very long time that they wont end up in prison , but there must be some sort of justice . i myself will never give up From MCF 371436 From MCF 389741
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Tue 13 Mar - 10:21

Annabel wrote:From XKLAMATION on Maddiecasefiles

Guys, I have bad news. I was already suspicious that this PJ review was nothing more than an exercise in PR, thus the re-start of the 2010 campaign "A Voice for Madeleine". This was mainly due to watching Pedro do Carmo, stating that Oporto's PJ special unit had been working on a review for the past year.

Last night, a TV show, that I'm about to start translating, has confirmed that said costly "review" exercise, is based exactly on Scotland Yard's motives - I'm afraid that both we, the Portuguese, and you, the British people, are just financing vain and meaningless PR exercises from both our police forces.

Keep signing, sharing the petition, we must pressure the Portuguese authorities for the case to be reopened.

But surely it depends on exactly what Scotland Yard`s motives are? Which we do not know.

Joana obviously gets the feeling that their motives could be just to fabricate, but let`s wait and see what the translation actually says.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 13 Mar - 10:25

pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Bebootje Tue 13 Mar - 10:27

Annabel, are you sure this isn't an old post of xklamation? The petition is from 2010.
On her site joanamorais there is no news that supports this message.
Bebootje
Bebootje
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 13 Mar - 10:30

Bebootje wrote:Annabel, are you sure this isn't an old post of xklamation? The petition is from 2010.
On her site joanamorais there is no news that supports this message.

Now I'm really cornfewsed!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 13 Mar - 10:32

penny i am too . but it dont take much to confuse me From MCF 23324 i still believe that something has to come out of this review it has to both sy and the pj will want the mcanns shutting up once and for all
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 13 Mar - 10:37

I'm with Oldartform on this one.
I can't see where the 'bad news' fits into this story.
If the Oporto review is being based on SY's motives - why is that considered 'bad news'?
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 13 Mar - 10:39

I am a pessimist by nature. But even I feel it is far far to soon to write the review off as a whitewash. In fact I see some indications that it is being very thorough. We can only hope.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 13 Mar - 10:42

almostgothic wrote:I'm with Oldartform on this one.
I can't see where the 'bad news' fits into this story.
If the Oporto review is being based on SY's motives - why is that considered 'bad news'?

Me too.

I think l'll wait for SY's results before worrying about another posters interpretation. From MCF 25346

margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Tue 13 Mar - 10:42

Bebootje - Its not old news cos Joana posted it up this morning after watching the programme last night.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 13 Mar - 10:47

i have seen it on fb . those in the know of what is really going on will keep their cards close to their chest im very sure , we can trawl the internet , but so can the mcanns . could it be that the uk might be more involved with other things too regarding this - example looking into the fund ?
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 13 Mar - 10:58

It's like being on a rollercoaster following this case........no wonder my friends think I'm nuts. From MCF 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

From MCF Empty Awkward findings

Post  mahlersghost Tue 13 Mar - 11:03

There is always the question of political will to consider. Cameron will be advised if the review needs to be acted upon and whether or not there will be social and political repercussions affecting UK and Portugal if the findings are awkward to explain to their respective publics.
mahlersghost
mahlersghost

Number of posts : 36
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Tue 13 Mar - 11:20

mahlersghost wrote:There is always the question of political will to consider. Cameron will be advised if the review needs to be acted upon and whether or not there will be social and political repercussions affecting UK and Portugal if the findings are awkward to explain to their respective publics.

What a sewer of a society we live in if `social and political repercussions` supercede justice. I`m coming to the conclusion that I`m too naive for this world when kids like Holly Grieg and the hundreds of other children abused by establishment scumbags never get justice because the heirarchy have the power to manipulate justice. Ah well Maddie`s demise may never be known but as long as her demise doesn`t upset the social and policital heirarchy then thats ok. No wonder there`s so much resentment and anger in this world. From MCF 389741
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 13 Mar - 11:38

There has always been a political element to this saga, granted, but the political landscape has changed.

I can't for the life of me see why two nations (who must both be sick of the sight of the sleazy McCann roadshow) would instruct two crack teams to just fanny about on a PR exercise when limited finance and resources could be better utilised elsewhere.

The political fallout from a sham investigation would be volcanic - on both sides of the water.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 13 Mar - 11:43

Very well said.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

From MCF Empty Political fallout

Post  mahlersghost Tue 13 Mar - 11:54

almostgothic wrote:There has always been a political element to this saga, granted, but the political landscape has changed.

I can't for the life of me see why two nations (who must both be sick of the sight of the sleazy McCann roadshow) would instruct two crack teams to just fanny about on a PR exercise when limited finance and resources could be better utilised elsewhere.

The political fallout from a sham investigation would be volcanic - on both sides of the water.

The political landscape only changes if there is something to gain from it. At some stage Cameron will be given choices to make - that is if SY and Oporto PJ are not being hamstrung. The McCanns are a main, emotive plank in the Leveson Inquiry, the question now is if there is anything in the background to the case which implicates or embarasses anyone of importance to the Establishment. The McCanns served a political purpose in 2007 - Amber Alert, anti-paedophile press, Media Monitoring Unit interference excuse, et al. Today that influence is, it would appear, on the wane. Will the McCanns be thrown to the wolves?
mahlersghost
mahlersghost

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 13 Mar - 12:10

I'm sure that David Cameron, head of an uneasy coalition and a man who might face an election sooner rather than later if the Con/LibDem alliance splits, would be very glad of something to pin on the previous Labour government re its meddling with the McCann case.

I believe that the political landscape has indeed changed - in that David Cameron isn't Gordon Brown and Theresa May isn't Jacqui Smith.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Tue 13 Mar - 12:26

mahlersghost wrote:
almostgothic wrote:There has always been a political element to this saga, granted, but the political landscape has changed.

The political landscape only changes if there is something to gain from it. At some stage Cameron will be given choices to make - that is if SY and Oporto PJ are not being hamstrung. The McCanns are a main, emotive plank in the Leveson Inquiry, the question now is if there is anything in the background to the case which implicates or embarasses anyone of importance to the Establishment. The McCanns served a political purpose in 2007 - Amber Alert, anti-paedophile press, Media Monitoring Unit interference excuse, et al. Today that influence is, it would appear, on the wane. Will the McCanns be thrown to the wolves?

Well lets hope Cameron has the guts to put morality before some n`er do well`s embarrassment.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Warning :

Back to top Go down

From MCF Empty Political expediency

Post  mahlersghost Tue 13 Mar - 12:33

almostgothic wrote:I'm sure that David Cameron, head of an uneasy coalition and a man who might face an election sooner rather than later if the Con/LibDem alliance splits, would be very glad of something to pin on the previous Labour government re its meddling with the McCann case.

I believe that the political landscape has indeed changed - in that David Cameron isn't Gordon Brown and Theresa May isn't Jacqui Smith.

I agree to some extent but the McCann's appeal straddled the political rainbow in my opinion. Cameron may have to start ditching many former allegiances in the Cotswolds so the McCanns would be a cinch to abandon to the course of justice if the occasion allows. Portugal too will have hard decisions to make if their politicians are implicated in allowing the case to dissipate - especially if Dr Amaral's carrer and good-name and justice for Madeleine were sacrificed for political expediency.
mahlersghost
mahlersghost

Warning :

Back to top Go down

From MCF Empty If they can arrest Rebekah and Charlie Brooks...

Post  comperedna Tue 13 Mar - 12:34

they are not shy of hauling in establishment figures... Why should they not do the same to a couple of two bit yobby-type medics? Not sure I buy that thing about the tenth Taliban... er I mean Tapasnik ... being someone famous who has to be protected! What's more, Cameron would not get egg on his face for bringing possible miscreants in for 'conspiring to pervert the course of justice' or whatever. The total praise and sycophancy around the parents did not happen on his watch. He just got the backwash of it. He could earn brownie points big time for sorting it all out once and for all.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content