Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

The Cost of looking for Madeleine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Cost of looking for Madeleine

Post  Panda on Mon 19 Mar - 0:27


With thanks to Hardlinemarxist.


The cost of looking for Madeleine so far. £20 million? by The Madeleine McCann Research Group


18Mar



How much has the search for Madeleine cost so far? It began at 10.00pm on Thursday 3 May when the McCanns said that Madeleine had been abducted.

Here is a rough calculation of the total costs so far, accompanied by a few notes:

£548,477 – The cost for Leicestershire Police’s part in the search in 2007-8 was £548, 477, of which the Home Office refunded £525,069.

£4 million – A conservative estimate of the cost to the Portuguese Police of their investigation, just in 2007-8.

£3 million – A conservative estimate of the costs of the McCanns’ private investigations so far, made up as follows:
· At least £300,00, maybe more, to Metodo 3
· £½ million plus expenses to Kevin Halligen
· Salaries and expenses to Dave Edgar, Arthur Cowley and assorted other detectives, plus trips to Germany (Hewlett), Barcelona (Victoria Beckham-lookalike) and various other trips
· Salaries of Justine McGuinness and Clarence Mitchell plus expenses: £300,000 so far

£2 million - the estimated cost to Interpol and an assortment of police forces around the globe, who have had to deal with hundreds, possibly thousands of ‘sightings’ of Madeleine, in countries such as the U.K., Germany, France, Portugal, Morocco, Spain, Canada, Venezuela, Australia and New Zealand.
The estimate is based on say 1,000 ‘sightings’ requiring an average of say £2,000 of police time to investigate each sighting

£3.5 million – for the current Scotland Yard ‘Review’. The review is said to be staffed by 37 officers. If their average salary is say £40,000, and they work on the review for say at least a year, that would cost around £2 million alone (including e.g. pension and employer’s N.I. contributions), and that doesn’t include the cost of e.g. hotels and travel for visits to Portugal and Spain

£1 million – for lawyer’s fees: Edward Smethurst (co-ordinating lawyer), Carter-Ruck (suing lots of people), Michael Caplan Q.C. (extradition), Portuguese lawyers including extradition lawyers and Isabel Duarte, International Family Law Group (wardship proceedings before ms Justice Hogg in the High Court)

An unknown amount – for the current Portuguese investigation begun in Oporto.

An unknown amount – for answering various Freedom of Information Act queries from press and public about the case.

Published by The Madeline McCann Research Group, March 2012

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cost of looking for Madeleine

Post  margaret on Mon 19 Mar - 9:55

Every penny is well spent if SY can find evidence to expose their lies.

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cost of looking for Madeleine

Post  Panda on Mon 19 Mar - 10:04

margaret wrote:Every penny is well spent if SY can find evidence to expose their lies.

Morning margaret, I cannot ever remember a couple who have manipulated so many people , caused so much expense , taken donations from thousands
on the pretext of using the money to search for Madeleine. ....it really is amazing .!!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cost of looking for Madeleine

Post  margaret on Mon 19 Mar - 11:26

Panda wrote:
margaret wrote:Every penny is well spent if SY can find evidence to expose their lies.

Morning margaret, I cannot ever remember a couple who have manipulated so many people , caused so much expense , taken donations from thousands
on the pretext of using the money to search for Madeleine. ....it really is amazing .!!!!

It is Panda. And if this is all a scam Pg.129 of Kates book will haunt her forever.

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cost of looking for Madeleine

Post  Panda on Mon 19 Mar - 14:26

margaret wrote:
Panda wrote:
margaret wrote:Every penny is well spent if SY can find evidence to expose their lies.

Morning margaret, I cannot ever remember a couple who have manipulated so many people , caused so much expense , taken donations from thousands
on the pretext of using the money to search for Madeleine. ....it really is amazing .!!!!

It is Panda. And if this is all a scam Pg.129 of Kates book will haunt her forever.

Well margaret , lets hope at the end of the day, Justice for Madeleine will be seen to be done. Unless Madeleine's body is found I don't think it will , but
in any case, I wouldn;t want them sent to Jail because it would be so hard on the twins. If the Review suggests there is positively no evidence of
abduction then the public will be wondering what DID happen and the McCanns will lose all credibiity , that'll do me.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cost of looking for Madeleine

Post  Oldartform on Mon 19 Mar - 15:03

Panda wrote:If the Review suggests there is positively no evidence of
abduction then the public will be wondering what DID happen and the McCanns will lose all credibiity , that'll do me.

That`ll do me as well.

It`s not for me to say what judgement there should be, but what does get to me is the fact that they REALLY must think the whole world is stupid.

Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cost of looking for Madeleine

Post  Karen on Mon 19 Mar - 15:10

So does that make me a cruel evil person if I hope Lord and Lady McCann spend the rest of their miserable lives behind iron railings and a big locked door, a nice little prison cell overlooking the ocean??

I feel for the Sean and Amelie, but lets imagine the life they will lead with this saga hanging over their parents heads, it would drive one absolutely crazy. I am surprised Lady or Lord McCann have not had a nervous breakdown. Well none that was reported, which would have been had it happened.

I really have the softest heart (as I am always told) but prison time is my wish for the McCanns, - I do however leave it all in the LORD's hands, he knows their punishment.

Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Location : The Netherlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cost of looking for Madeleine

Post  dazedandconfused on Mon 19 Mar - 15:20

Karen wrote:So does that make me a cruel evil person if I hope Lord and Lady McCann spend the rest of their miserable lives behind iron railings and a big locked door, a nice little prison cell overlooking the ocean??

I feel for the Sean and Amelie, but lets imagine the life they will lead with this saga hanging over their parents heads, it would drive one absolutely crazy. I am surprised Lady or Lord McCann have not had a nervous breakdown. Well none that was reported, which would have been had it happened.

I really have the softest heart (as I am always told) but prison time is my wish for the McCanns, - I do however leave it all in the LORD's hands, he knows their punishment.

No, that doesn't make you cruel and evil. Very generous in fact if you're giving them a sea view.

dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cost of looking for Madeleine

Post  Panda on Mon 19 Mar - 15:21

Oldartform wrote:
Panda wrote:If the Review suggests there is positively no evidence of
abduction then the public will be wondering what DID happen and the McCanns will lose all credibiity , that'll do me.

That`ll do me as well.

It`s not for me to say what judgement there should be, but what does get to me is the fact that they REALLY must think the whole world is stupid.

Afternoon Oldartform , as I said, I dont want them Jailed , the twins are my priority and they have been through enough. You know that old saying,
"You can fool some of the People some of the time, all of the People some of the time, but you will never fool all of the people all of the time."

Fingers crossed we will live long enough to witness endgame and the Mccanns will live Abroad.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cost of looking for Madeleine

Post  Oldartform on Mon 19 Mar - 15:30

Panda wrote:
Oldartform wrote:
Panda wrote:If the Review suggests there is positively no evidence of
abduction then the public will be wondering what DID happen and the McCanns will lose all credibiity , that'll do me.

That`ll do me as well.

It`s not for me to say what judgement there should be, but what does get to me is the fact that they REALLY must think the whole world is stupid.

Afternoon Oldartform , as I said, I dont want them Jailed , the twins are my priority and they have been through enough. You know that old saying,
"You can fool some of the People some of the time, all of the People some of the time, but you will never fool all of the people all of the time."

Fingers crossed we will live long enough to witness endgame and the Mccanns will live Abroad.

Well Panda - I`m surprised they haven`t done a moon-light-flit and high-tailed it off to some remote part of South America by now. I`m sure they`ve been stashing money away for this eventuality.

Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cost of looking for Madeleine

Post  Panda on Mon 19 Mar - 15:39

Oldartform wrote:
Panda wrote:
Oldartform wrote:
Panda wrote:If the Review suggests there is positively no evidence of
abduction then the public will be wondering what DID happen and the McCanns will lose all credibiity , that'll do me.

That`ll do me as well.

It`s not for me to say what judgement there should be, but what does get to me is the fact that they REALLY must think the whole world is stupid.

Afternoon Oldartform , as I said, I dont want them Jailed , the twins are my priority and they have been through enough. You know that old saying,
"You can fool some of the People some of the time, all of the People some of the time, but you will never fool all of the people all of the time."

Fingers crossed we will live long enough to witness endgame and the Mccanns will live Abroad.

Well Panda - I`m surprised they haven`t done a moon-light-flit and high-tailed it off to some remote part of South America by now. I`m sure they`ve been stashing money away for this eventuality.

I said this a while ago, they have Friends or Relatives in Canada I believe and there would be no shortage of work for Gerry or Kate if she got off her
backside and went back to work now that the twins are in school. I'm sure money has been stashed in a suitable Tax Haven ......do they really expect
us to believe that £300,000 was paid to Halligen?


Last edited by Panda on Mon 19 Mar - 18:32; edited 1 time in total

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cost of looking for Madeleine

Post  cass on Mon 19 Mar - 18:21

i really feel for the twins they are the victims in all this they are , its already been posted loads of times how gerry flies off on one . hand on heart id love the twins to have as near perfect childhood as they can - that was taken away from them the night mummy and daddy left them for some me me time and their big sister is gone . do i want them to feel any more pain never ever , but i do think their pain will never end because of the way the mcanns have made themselfs into celebs , i feel that they have never acted in the twins best interest . so in the interest of the twins i hope they are put with a loving family well away from it all . and if the mcanns do go to prison so be it it is them that have caused this with their selfishness . do i think they will go to prison no i dont think they will . its a class issue was on may 2007 and still is . karen mathews went to jail and so she should but shes lower class money and who you know talks sorry to say

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cost of looking for Madeleine

Post  Panda on Mon 19 Mar - 18:38

cass wrote:i really feel for the twins they are the victims in all this they are , its already been posted loads of times how gerry flies off on one . hand on heart id love the twins to have as near perfect childhood as they can - that was taken away from them the night mummy and daddy left them for some me me time and their big sister is gone . do i want them to feel any more pain never ever , but i do think their pain will never end because of the way the mcanns have made themselfs into celebs , i feel that they have never acted in the twins best interest . so in the interest of the twins i hope they are put with a loving family well away from it all . and if the mcanns do go to prison so be it it is them that have caused this with their selfishness . do i think they will go to prison no i dont think they will . its a class issue was on may 2007 and still is . karen mathews went to jail and so she should but shes lower class money and who you know talks sorry to say

Hi Cass, what isn't helping the Twins is Kate laying a place for Madeleine at the Christmas dinner Table, buying presents for her and putting them in her bedroom, painting with them "Madeleine" and asking the twins to tell her the name. The twins were almost 2 when Madeleine disappeared, their memory of her vague by now.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cost of looking for Madeleine

Post  mara thon on Mon 19 Mar - 18:39

I agree with you Cass, it's all well and good thinking of the twins suffering if their parents went to prison, but there are countless numbers of children who have to cope with one or perhaps both parents being in prison. The law should be the same for everyone regardless of class and contacts. Other children are every bit as important as the Mccann children therefore if the Mccanns are ever found guilty of any crime then they should be handed the same punishment as anyone else would be. Personally I doubt it will ever happen, there are still lots of buckets of whitewash to be found.

mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7063
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cost of looking for Madeleine

Post  jay2001 on Mon 19 Mar - 19:28

Anyone who knows what happened to Madeleine should bare their soul and tell the truth now. This appalling tragedy has lasted nearly 5 years now and lives have been destroyed. If/when the truth comes out the evil perpetrators of this crime must take their punishment.

None of us really know, but from the facts we have showing discrepancies someone is clearly hiding the truth. This cannot end in SY whitewash surely. Feel slightly more optomistic now that the truth will out, but in this case who knows. If it is a whitewash they will always be looking over their shoulder imo and that will be a living hell. Think they are in a living hell now and have to keep up the pretence.

Please God justice is coming!

jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: The Cost of looking for Madeleine

Post  Sponsored content Today at 13:39


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum