Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Gonšalo Amaral's books

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  almostgothic on Fri 23 Mar - 13:52

For as long as she and they refuse to hand over the books as ordered by a judge, then those books should be regarded as stolen. And she and they should be regarded as common thieves and punished as such.

As usual, the McCanns and their hired hands think the law does not apply to them.
Another desperate move by the Scared Sh*tless Squad.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  dazedandconfused on Fri 23 Mar - 14:13

almostgothic wrote:For as long as she and they refuse to hand over the books as ordered by a judge, then those books should be regarded as stolen. And she and they should be regarded as common thieves and punished as such.
As usual, the McCanns and their hired hands think the law does not apply to them.
Another desperate move by the Scared Sh*tless Squad.

That would be lovely, but I shan't hold my breath.

dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  Guest on Fri 23 Mar - 14:15

Oldartform wrote:Update on the books restitution:

Update on March 23, 2012
The mandatary and lawyer of the McCann couple, Isabel Duarte, has until the 29th of this month to return the books; the 10 days deadline are not consecutive and are measured as working days. Meanwhile, the lawyer to whom the books were entrusted by the First Instance Civil Court of Lisbon, has been trying to delay the restitution of the books to its rightful owners as ordered by the Supreme Court of Justice alleging that the Court of Appeals judgement did not transit in rem judicatam [unappealable decision/final ruling].

23/03/2012 12:37
I don't believe that they have them anymore. She's probably trying to drag it out until they can find 7500 copies on Ebay.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  SteveT on Fri 23 Mar - 16:28

Can't wait until Thursday! I wonder what excuse they will have for not having the books. Did a burgler take them out of the warehouse window?

SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 597
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  Krisy22 on Fri 23 Mar - 16:35

Oldartform wrote:Update on the books restitution:

Update on March 23, 2012
The mandatary and lawyer of the McCann couple, Isabel Duarte, has until the 29th of this month to return the books; the 10 days deadline are not consecutive and are measured as working days. Meanwhile, the lawyer to whom the books were entrusted by the First Instance Civil Court of Lisbon, has been trying to delay the restitution of the books to its rightful owners as ordered by the Supreme Court of Justice alleging that the Court of Appeals judgement did not transit in rem judicatam [unappealable decision/final ruling].

23/03/2012 12:37

Thank you for that Oldartform We can now count down the days.

Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3380
Location : good old Oxfordshire no goats... lots of RAIN....
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  Chris on Fri 23 Mar - 18:00

Oldartform wrote:
margaret wrote:
Oldartform wrote:Update on the books restitution:

Update on March 23, 2012
The mandatary and lawyer of the McCann couple, Isabel Duarte, has until the 29th of this month to return the books; the 10 days deadline are not consecutive and are measured as working days. Meanwhile, the lawyer to whom the books were entrusted by the First Instance Civil Court of Lisbon, has been trying to delay the restitution of the books to its rightful owners as ordered by the Supreme Court of Justice alleging that the Court of Appeals judgement did not transit in rem judicatam [unappealable decision/final ruling].

23/03/2012 12:37

Who is that lawyer, anyone know? Or is it Duarte herself, 'the lawyer to whom the books were entrusted by a court' doesn't sound like it is.....

I think it must be Duarte. Sounds like she thinks she can drag it out even longer because the Appeal decision in favour of Goncalo wasn`t a final ruling.

Once you are on the fee gravy train why get off if you can stuff the fund for a little bit more.

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  jay2001 on Fri 23 Mar - 18:27

Unbelievable arrogance! Wasn't the original ruling overturning the ban in October 2010 and now we're here a few days short of the 10 days allowed and the legal team are bleating in latin.

This blatant and unethical action imo is what's wrong with the legal system nowadays. Clever lawyers can use the system. To win at any cost is their only aim. Bugger justice.

jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  Guest on Fri 23 Mar - 18:58

rem judicatam >>>> "Sh*t, we burnt 'em, didn't we?"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  MaryB on Fri 23 Mar - 21:19

I never thought those books would be returned.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  AnnaEsse on Fri 23 Mar - 21:24

jay2001 wrote:Unbelievable arrogance! Wasn't the original ruling overturning the ban in October 2010 and now we're here a few days short of the 10 days allowed and the legal team are bleating in latin.

This blatant and unethical action imo is what's wrong with the legal system nowadays. Clever lawyers can use the system. To win at any cost is their only aim. Bugger justice.

If Duarte is stating that the decision was not unappealable, she should never have been able to take possession of the books in the first place because the decision to ban was appealable.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18463
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  kitti on Fri 23 Mar - 21:29

I thought that the mccanns wanted to take this further by appealing to a higher court but it couldn't be.....it was final....end off.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  Angelique on Sat 24 Mar - 1:56

I have just picked this up from Joana Morais site:


https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/xklamation

ááJoana Morais
@xklamation
@justice4maddie Precisely, #McCann lost all actions and now they don't have any grounds to base their "libel claim" for 1,2 million euros.

Does this mean Goncalo Amaral is finally vindicated ?

Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  Panda on Sat 24 Mar - 7:54



Why did the Court give 10 days, working or not for the books to be returned.? I think it is over a Year since Duarte has held them illegally so why didn't
the Judge order their immediate return? Why did it take so long for this case to get to Court.?Have the Publishers made a claim for compensation for lost income from the books being unavailable for sale.

The more we read, the more ridiculous this seems.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  NoStone on Sat 24 Mar - 9:46

I wonder if both the MET and the PJ are waiting for the books to be released again and for the outcome of the libel trial (possibbly even PB's action?). If both (all) go against the Mc's then both policeforces (and press corps) will find it difficult to keep the lid on the emerging onslaught that will ensue.

As much as they might like otherwise - political support or not - they will not be able to keep the lid from blowing off the alternative 'thesis'. There will be too much public interest will there not? Just a thought

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  Panda on Sat 24 Mar - 10:22

NoStone wrote:I wonder if both the MET and the PJ are waiting for the books to be released again and for the outcome of the libel trial (possibbly even PB's action?). If both (all) go against the Mc's then both policeforces (and press corps) will find it difficult to keep the lid on the emerging onslaught that will ensue.

As much as they might like otherwise - political support or not - they will not be able to keep the lid from blowing off the alternative 'thesis'. There will be too much public interest will there not? Just a thought
Morning NoStone, to be honest, so much of this case is a mess I don't think hazarding a guess on the outcome of the Amaral Trial will alter matters.
Just think for a minute,everything is out of sync.

1. The injunction was lifted over a year ago, I'm sure someone will come up with the exact date.

2. The Book Publisher does not demand the immediate return of the books.

3. Ten months ago Cameron agreed to a Review and 37 Police Officers have been engaged in this with the PJ

4. As far as I know a date still hasn't been set for Amaral's Trial, the outcome of this is very important. If Amaral wins the McCanns will be dealt a
severe blow.

5. uestion:- The U.K. Government must have known about the injunction so why not wait for the result of the Trial before committing British Taxpayers
to this enormous expense. Why not a uiet word between the Portugese and British Ambassadors asking for a Trial date for Amaral. Why did the
Publishers not demand the return of the Books and Amaral's Lawyer ask for a Trial date when he knew a Review was to be made by the British Police

Can you see what I'm getting at? Why a new Portugese Team from Oporto, is there evidence of poor investigation by the original Team ? After 10 months there must be a reason for this.


Last edited by Panda on Sat 24 Mar - 10:28; edited 1 time in total

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  Chris on Sat 24 Mar - 10:24

Panda wrote:

Why did the Court give 10 days, working or not for the books to be returned.? I think it is over a Year since Duarte has held them illegally so why didn't
the Judge order their immediate return? Why did it take so long for this case to get to Court.?Have the Publishers made a claim for compensation for lost income from the books being unavailable for sale.

The more we read, the more ridiculous this seems.

Maybe because courts have to be seen be act reseasonably giving time for the order to be met. No excuse for having flu or being on holiday then. I did wonder whether the timing is linked to the libel trial. Maybe the publisher thought it unwise to put books back on the shelf until the case was heard but want to be ready and have the books to ship to the shops with the publicity a GA win would attract.

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  Panda on Sat 24 Mar - 10:53

Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:

Why did the Court give 10 days, working or not for the books to be returned.? I think it is over a Year since Duarte has held them illegally so why didn't
the Judge order their immediate return? Why did it take so long for this case to get to Court.?Have the Publishers made a claim for compensation for lost income from the books being unavailable for sale.

The more we read, the more ridiculous this seems.

Maybe because courts have to be seen be act reseasonably giving time for the order to be met. No excuse for having flu or being on holiday then. I did wonder whether the timing is linked to the libel trial. Maybe the publisher thought it unwise to put books back on the shelf until the case was heard but want to be ready and have the books to ship to the shops with the publicity a GA win would attract.

Morning chris,had the Publisher received the books , value E75,000 roughly, they would have sold like hot cakes because people would have shown interest , possibly even be translated into English and sold here. For me, nothing is making sense and the fact that after 10 months investigating the
Portugese have supplied a new Team suggests the original Portugese investigators proved negligent ....all the files must have been read by now, even
the shelved files.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  Chris on Sat 24 Mar - 11:01

Panda wrote:
Chris wrote:
Panda wrote:

Why did the Court give 10 days, working or not for the books to be returned.? I think it is over a Year since Duarte has held them illegally so why didn't
the Judge order their immediate return? Why did it take so long for this case to get to Court.?Have the Publishers made a claim for compensation for lost income from the books being unavailable for sale.

The more we read, the more ridiculous this seems.

Maybe because courts have to be seen be act reseasonably giving time for the order to be met. No excuse for having flu or being on holiday then. I did wonder whether the timing is linked to the libel trial. Maybe the publisher thought it unwise to put books back on the shelf until the case was heard but want to be ready and have the books to ship to the shops with the publicity a GA win would attract.

Morning chris,had the Publisher received the books , value E75,000 roughly, they would have sold like hot cakes because people would have shown interest , possibly even be translated into English and sold here. For me, nothing is making sense and the fact that after 10 months investigating the
Portugese have supplied a new Team suggests the original Portugese investigators proved negligent ....all the files must have been read by now, even
the shelved files.

But if they lose the libel trial it would add to the "damage" if they continue to sell the books prior to a verdict. Publishers will play it safe to mitigate their position.

Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1607
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  Panda on Sat 24 Mar - 11:07

chrs, then why have the njucton lfted???? It was lfted on the grounds that Amaral's theory that Madeleine died in 5a was one of the surmises in the
Final Report.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  Oldartform on Sat 24 Mar - 12:39

Chris - "But if they lose the libel trial it would add to the "damage" if they continue to sell the books prior to a verdict. Publishers will play it safe to mitigate their position.."

So are you saying that, in a way, it has been good for GA`s defense in the libel trial that his books haven`t been selling? Because if they had been selling it would make the McCann`s case stronger in that the more books sold, the more stressed they would be.

Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  NoStone on Sat 24 Mar - 13:01

Panda wrote:
NoStone wrote:I wonder if both the MET and the PJ are waiting for the books to be released again and for the outcome of the libel trial (possibbly even PB's action?). If both (all) go against the Mc's then both policeforces (and press corps) will find it difficult to keep the lid on the emerging onslaught that will ensue.

As much as they might like otherwise - political support or not - they will not be able to keep the lid from blowing off the alternative 'thesis'. There will be too much public interest will there not? Just a thought
Morning NoStone, to be honest, so much of this case is a mess I don't think hazarding a guess on the outcome of the Amaral Trial will alter matters.
Just think for a minute,everything is out of sync.

1. The injunction was lifted over a year ago, I'm sure someone will come up with the exact date.

2. The Book Publisher does not demand the immediate return of the books.

3. Ten months ago Cameron agreed to a Review and 37 Police Officers have been engaged in this with the PJ

4. As far as I know a date still hasn't been set for Amaral's Trial, the outcome of this is very important. If Amaral wins the McCanns will be dealt a
severe blow.

5. uestion:- The U.K. Government must have known about the injunction so why not wait for the result of the Trial before committing British Taxpayers
to this enormous expense. Why not a uiet word between the Portugese and British Ambassadors asking for a Trial date for Amaral. Why did the
Publishers not demand the return of the Books and Amaral's Lawyer ask for a Trial date when he knew a Review was to be made by the British Police

Can you see what I'm getting at? Why a new Portugese Team from Oporto, is there evidence of poor investigation by the original Team ? After 10 months there must be a reason for this.

Hello Panda,

I think the pro's might try and spin the use of the Oporto Team as a sign thatt the original investigation was messed up. It mat well be the case but for me I see it as the same as bringing in thhe MET rather than asking Leicestershire Police to continue. It wipes the slate clean so that no one can accuse anyone else of having preconcieved ideas or corruption or influence in what went on previously. I dont see both the Oport PJ or the MET starting the investigation afresh - afterall - statementts made by witesses will stand and cannot be esponged and replaced with new ones as part of a new investigation. The dogs alerts', creche records, the lack of any credible evidence for an abduction etc etc were all relevant to thhe investigation then as they are now.

I really do think that if Portugese law supports Amaral and free speech, they will find it hard for the PJ to come up with a whitewash given the added weight of PB's views who of course is well away from the politics of it all, here and in Portugal.

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  kitti on Sat 24 Mar - 13:10

The fact that the mccanns lost the injunction appeal and the books can be put back on the shelves means the case against mr amaral is farcical...


I don't think the upcoming trial is going to be based on the book hindering the search, the mccanns have changed their tactics ....it's going to be based on writing the book has caused them stress....depression, lack off sleep etc.....yet KM could sleep 2 days after she went missing and NOT after mr amaral writing his book ..thats ridiculous .....then they have the cheek to add the twins who can't even read the book even if it was in English....the stress the twins have had is because they have galavanted all over the world to promote there book and left the poor buggers with relatives....it has to be proved ...GM isn't depressed or he wouldn't be allowed to work and KM....does she say she is depressed, that is the question, if she does she will have to show proof she is and if she does show proof then what about the welfare off the twins, did she inform social services so they could keep an eye on them.....you can't just say your depressed and that's that.....

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  Oldartform on Sat 24 Mar - 13:29

kitti wrote:The fact that the mccanns lost the injunction appeal and the books can be put back on the shelves means the case against mr amaral is farcical...


I don't think the upcoming trial is going to be based on the book hindering the search, the mccanns have changed their tactics ....it's going to be based on writing the book has caused them stress....depression, lack off sleep etc.....yet KM could sleep 2 days after she went missing and NOT after mr amaral writing his book ..thats ridiculous .....then they have the cheek to add the twins who can't even read the book even if it was in English....the stress the twins have had is because they have galavanted all over the world to promote there book and left the poor buggers with relatives....it has to be proved ...GM isn't depressed or he wouldn't be allowed to work and KM....does she say she is depressed, that is the question, if she does she will have to show proof she is and if she does show proof then what about the welfare off the twins, did she inform social services so they could keep an eye on them.....you can't just say your depressed and that's that.....

I don`t see how they can make a case for stress either Kitty. They would have to be put under hypnosis to prove which particular event caused each feeling of stress - was it losing their daughter (surely that`s enough to cause stress), was it the nasty headlines, was it the sniffer dogs` results, was it the nasty bloggers, was it going on TV, was it being sussed out and having to tell lies or was it GA`s book? Surely a judge is just going to think `well you lost your daughter, wasn`t that the cause of your stress?`.

Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  ELI on Sat 24 Mar - 14:12

Panda wrote:

Can you see what I'm getting at? Why a new Portugese Team from Oporto, is there evidence of poor investigation by the original Team ? After 10 months there must be a reason for this.

I doubt this is the case Panda, reviews are standard proceedure, though it appears this one was well overdue.

ELI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  Claudia79 on Sat 24 Mar - 14:45

There is a very simple explanation for the review: there is a child missing. Let's not forget that Madeleine's was the first shelved case in my country of a missing child.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Gonšalo Amaral's books

Post  Sponsored content Today at 22:10


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum