Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway

+6
dazedandconfused
tigger
malena stool
cherry1
cass
Annabel
10 posters

Go down

THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  Empty THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway

Post  Annabel Sat 31 Mar - 14:11

Interesting to read this article again

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_headline=this-would-have-to-be-mother-of-all-injustices&method=full&objectid=19761699&siteid=66633-name_page.html

NOT since Dr Crippen - long before the blizzard of 24/7 satellite media - will there have been a case like Madeleine McCann's if the now official suspicions of the Portuguese police turn out to have been well founded.

They have turned it into a circus, with daily appearances at mass and the flight to the Vatican to kiss the hand of the Pope, invoking celebrities, inducing millions of people around the world to raise a fortune in a campaign fund and turning their child into one of the iconic faces of our age.

So even Dante himself would find it difficult to describe any circle of the inferno fit for Kate and Gerry McCann if it all turns out to have been a lie.

I have been in and around the Ocean Club in the sleepy Algarve village of Praia da Luz for more than 20 years and it has been surreal enough watching its tiny cobbled streets bristling with television crews broadcasting around the world from a once little-known holiday idyll.

And now this.

On my Talk Sport radio shows I have been critical of the McCanns from the start. Not least because I knew aspects of their story could not be true.

Their supposed constant vigilance of their three toddlers while they ate in a tapas bar and the children slept in an unlocked apartment was not possible. The distance between the two points was both greater and more convoluted than they said.

In any case, the children's bedroom was on the OTHER side of the apartment block and, though both doctors, neither parent possessed X-ray vision.

I said that if a single mother had left her three kids in the chalet at Butlins while she supped scampi and chips in the boozer, she would have immediately been attacked as a feral, feckless, unfit mother by the same media which was painting the grieving McCanns as the very embodiment of modern middle-class Britain.

For months I have watched that media poke ridicule at the supposed bumbling Inspector Clouseaus of the Portuguese police for their apparent leaden-footedness in the investigation.

Of course no Johnny Foreigner could be as good as our own police, who brought us the Guildford Four and Birmingham Six.

Now with this new development, the same media seems coiled like a spring to turn on the McCanns as they previously did on the other "suspect" Robert Murat.

Sensing they may have been made the biggest fools in history, the Press tables can be seen turning, the plates beginning to move.

Of course, the most xenophobic commentators say the science which has led to the Mccanns being named as suspects is inherently suspect due to the foreign hands through which it has passed, oblivious to the fact that it came from British laboratories.

If Madeleine's blood and other DNA evidence really has been found in the boot of her parents' hire car, there are only a few possible explanations. A previous renter of the car - it was 25 days after the child went missing that the family took possession of the vehicle - transported Madeleine in its boot and she was bleeding at the time.

Or Madeleine's body was transported in the boot at least 25 days after she disappeared once the McCanns took possession of the car.

In these circumstances the Portuguese police really would be clots if they did not consider the girl's parents to be suspects.

Of course there could be other, some would say unlikely, possibilities.

The DNA and blood evidence in the boot may not, after all, be Madeleine's and the forensic scientists may be mistaken.

Theblood in the boot of the McCanns' hire car may be somebody else's, in which case Goodfellas comes to the Algarve and the family are the victims of the most grotesque coincidence.

The DNA could have been planted in the boot of the McCanns' car, presumably by the police.

The sort of thing which happened to Mr OJ Simpson.

The McCanns have either been the victims of a cataclysmic historic injustice, almost unprecedented, or they have been complicit in a scheme so duplicitous, so evil, so foul that Shakespeare himself could not have written it.

Either way, the name McCann is now well and truly in the history books.

g.galloway@dailyrecord.co.uk
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  Empty Re: THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway

Post  cass Sat 31 Mar - 16:28

Annabel wrote:Interesting to read this article again

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_headline=this-would-have-to-be-mother-of-all-injustices&method=full&objectid=19761699&siteid=66633-name_page.html

NOT since Dr Crippen - long before the blizzard of 24/7 satellite media - will there have been a case like Madeleine McCann's if the now official suspicions of the Portuguese police turn out to have been well founded.

They have turned it into a circus, with daily appearances at mass and the flight to the Vatican to kiss the hand of the Pope, invoking celebrities, inducing millions of people around the world to raise a fortune in a campaign fund and turning their child into one of the iconic faces of our age.

So even Dante himself would find it difficult to describe any circle of the inferno fit for Kate and Gerry McCann if it all turns out to have been a lie.

I have been in and around the Ocean Club in the sleepy Algarve village of Praia da Luz for more than 20 years and it has been surreal enough watching its tiny cobbled streets bristling with television crews broadcasting around the world from a once little-known holiday idyll.

And now this.

On my Talk Sport radio shows I have been critical of the McCanns from the start. Not least because I knew aspects of their story could not be true.

Their supposed constant vigilance of their three toddlers while they ate in a tapas bar and the children slept in an unlocked apartment was not possible. The distance between the two points was both greater and more convoluted than they said.

In any case, the children's bedroom was on the OTHER side of the apartment block and, though both doctors, neither parent possessed X-ray vision.

I said that if a single mother had left her three kids in the chalet at Butlins while she supped scampi and chips in the boozer, she would have immediately been attacked as a feral, feckless, unfit mother by the same media which was painting the grieving McCanns as the very embodiment of modern middle-class Britain.

For months I have watched that media poke ridicule at the supposed bumbling Inspector Clouseaus of the Portuguese police for their apparent leaden-footedness in the investigation.

Of course no Johnny Foreigner could be as good as our own police, who brought us the Guildford Four and Birmingham Six.

Now with this new development, the same media seems coiled like a spring to turn on the McCanns as they previously did on the other "suspect" Robert Murat.

Sensing they may have been made the biggest fools in history, the Press tables can be seen turning, the plates beginning to move.

Of course, the most xenophobic commentators say the science which has led to the Mccanns being named as suspects is inherently suspect due to the foreign hands through which it has passed, oblivious to the fact that it came from British laboratories.

If Madeleine's blood and other DNA evidence really has been found in the boot of her parents' hire car, there are only a few possible explanations. A previous renter of the car - it was 25 days after the child went missing that the family took possession of the vehicle - transported Madeleine in its boot and she was bleeding at the time.

Or Madeleine's body was transported in the boot at least 25 days after she disappeared once the McCanns took possession of the car.

In these circumstances the Portuguese police really would be clots if they did not consider the girl's parents to be suspects.

Of course there could be other, some would say unlikely, possibilities.

The DNA and blood evidence in the boot may not, after all, be Madeleine's and the forensic scientists may be mistaken.

Theblood in the boot of the McCanns' hire car may be somebody else's, in which case Goodfellas comes to the Algarve and the family are the victims of the most grotesque coincidence.

The DNA could have been planted in the boot of the McCanns' car, presumably by the police.

The sort of thing which happened to Mr OJ Simpson.

The McCanns have either been the victims of a cataclysmic historic injustice, almost unprecedented, or they have been complicit in a scheme so duplicitous, so evil, so foul that Shakespeare himself could not have written it.

Either way, the name McCann is now well and truly in the history books.

g.galloway@dailyrecord.co.uk
this could be good now that he has been elected THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  25346
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  Empty Re: THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway

Post  cherry1 Sat 31 Mar - 16:32

Not many public figures have dared to be so vocal about this case so good on him
for saying what many are feeling.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Apr - 7:56

Thanks Annabel, great Article....pity Galloway isn't Prime Minister, would this Review by SY be taking place?? THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sun 1 Apr - 8:40

Thanks Annabel, while I don't particular like Galloway he does have the happy knack of speaking his mind, something which the vast majority of our politicians will not or dare not do.
It would be nice to think he could or would make a commitment to bringing the truth of Madeleine's disappearance out into the public domain but, he's likely to be on his own in the Commons because all back bench MPs with a conscience will be controlled by their party whips and whatever Galloway says will in my opinion, be like ours, a voice in the wilderness.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sun 1 Apr - 8:45

Does the Respect agenda include the rights to justice for 3 year old girls? Perhaps George should be gee'd up on the matter and see what he can gleen from inside the house - some more feathers for him to ruffle. The British public have been so abused this past decade ago - abused by power, phone hacking, manipulation, taken to war, taken for mugs whilst police and press, politicians and bankers have there noses in the trough - I can see respect for integrity, decency and honesty being a major theme in the publics' mind going forward through these very difficult next 10 years.
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 1 Apr - 8:58

Must watch! A journalist/interviewer from Sky getting the full force of Galloway, who unlike the former, is extremely well informed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=249JaIaubVw

If he headed a new political party I'd vote for him, just for battering this opinionated woman who is desperately trying to stick to the official script - without success.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Apr - 9:01

I think Galloway lost a lot of "Respect" when he appeared on that T.V. Show , but he obviously has his finger on the pulse of the people's opinion of
the Political Parties, 10,000 majority is a massive vote. The Con/Lib coalition is in tatters, Ed Milliband is quite ineffectual and what are we left with????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun 1 Apr - 9:12

Panda wrote:
I think Galloway lost a lot of "Respect" when he appeared on that T.V. Show , but he obviously has his finger on the pulse of the people's opinion of
the Political Parties, 10,000 majority is a massive vote. The Con/Lib coalition is in tatters, Ed Milliband is quite ineffectual and what are we left with????

Maybe the majority was enhanced by the people of Blackburn voting in Bradford West.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 1 Apr - 9:14

George Galloway is up to his neck in sleaze, he lies with as many teeth as he has in his mouth, and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sun 1 Apr - 9:25

pennylane wrote:George Galloway is up to his neck in sleaze, he lies with as many teeth as he has in his mouth, and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him!

Me neither and whatever he's said about the McCanns in the past, I imagine he would suddenly have an epiphany and think totally differently now. Shan't hold my breath that he gives a jot about missing Madeleine now he's got bigger fish to fry. Hope I'm wrong and he's still as outspoken about it, but I have serious doubts.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Apr - 9:31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcpVI67GCEM&feature=related

Iv'e just watched this video with Galloway and the question of Burkhas.....he really is very rude to anyone who has an opinion other than his own

This comment cracked me up. THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  23324 .

I`m 6 feet 2 inch 260lb Russian body builder. If i want cover my face you gonna stop me...I fucking kill you."

URadickheadmate 11 hours ago
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sun 1 Apr - 9:38

[quote="pennylane"]George Galloway is up to his neck in sleaze, he lies with as many teeth as he has in his mouth, and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him![/quote]

He has all the right qualification to be in The House then Penny?? THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  23324 THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  23324 THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  23324

If he took up MAdeleines case and brought t to the fore then I would forgive him his past. Anything to get justice for Madeleine.
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 1 Apr - 9:54

dazedandconfused wrote:
pennylane wrote:George Galloway is up to his neck in sleaze, he lies with as many teeth as he has in his mouth, and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him!

Me neither and whatever he's said about the McCanns in the past, I imagine he would suddenly have an epiphany and think totally differently now. Shan't hold my breath that he gives a jot about missing Madeleine now he's got bigger fish to fry. Hope I'm wrong and he's still as outspoken about it, but I have serious doubts.

Morning dazed, I totally agree with you.

I believe Galloway is the worst of the worst type of hypocrite. He is an apologist for brutal dictators, and uses our very freedoms to criticise us, often spouted from countries that have no freedoms. Galloway has had his fingers in more dodgy deals than I can count, and has creamed a substantial amount of wealth off of the misfortune of others whilst feigning outrage at all and sundry in the West.

He is the enemy within.

Last edited by pennylane on Sun 1 Apr - 10:21; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Apr - 10:07

I read that Bradford does not have English as it's first language so it is easy to see how Galloway could muster support with enough Female voters
unrecognisable at the Polling Booths and many thumb prints counted as legal, or one Address used many times.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 1 Apr - 10:11

NoStone wrote:

He has all the right qualification to be in The House then Penny?? THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  23324 THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  23324 THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  23324

If he took up MAdeleines case and brought t to the fore then I would forgive him his past. Anything to get justice for Madeleine.

Morning NoStone,

I'm afraid even THAT wouldn't elevate him in my esteem. THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  294124

pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 1 Apr - 10:18

Panda wrote:

I read that Bradford does not have English as it's first language so it is easy to see how Galloway could muster support with enough Female voters
unrecognisable at the Polling Booths and many thumb prints counted as legal, or one Address used many times.

Morning Panda,

Mr slippery slimey is already telling porkies, he gaffed about Blackburn triumph rather than Bradford....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/george-galloway-faces-backlash-after-777844

As the ridicule flooded Twitter, Galloway blamed the mis-tweet on his account being hacked.

He later posted: “Nice try. Password now changed.”

But Twitter users were quick to point out that the tweet was sent from an iPhone, meaning the alleged hacker would have to have the same phone.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun 1 Apr - 10:21

Panda wrote:

Probably just as well if the majority of his voters can't speak English and are perhaps ignorant of English geography although I am not sure what Galloway's excuse is apart from being a Scot.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sun 1 Apr - 10:25

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:

Morning Panda,

Mr slippery slimey is already telling porkies, he gaffed about Blackburn triumph rather than Bradford....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/george-galloway-faces-backlash-after-777844

As the ridicule flooded Twitter, Galloway blamed the mis-tweet on his account being hacked.

But Twitter users were quick to point out that the tweet was sent from an iPhone, meaning the alleged hacker would have to have the same phone.

He would have done more for his credibility by just admitting it was a cock up or an early April Fool rather than try and pretend his account was hacked. It just compounds his looking a fool.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 1 Apr - 10:37

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:

Morning Panda,

Morning pennylane,

The Sunday morning debate on BBCis currently discussing "Is Britain too complacent about the far right" and the Islamic religion, Burkhas , integration
etc are being raised.. Galloway,as a canny Scot , chose the right area to canvass. I am as outspoken as anyone, but would never be rude the way
Galloway was, shouting down Anna Botting et al. Where I live, over the past few years, what was considered a middle class area has had a big influx
of Muslims who make no attempt to integrate with the community adopt a "when in Rome " attitude and the Burkha, although not compulsary is worn
by most, it is intimidating especially for children.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 1 Apr - 10:40

Chris wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:

Morning Panda,

He would have done more for his credibility by just admitting it was a cock up or an early April Fool rather than try and pretend his account was hacked. It just compounds his looking a fool.

Well yes, but that's not his style, he prefers bear faced lying.

He now claims he did not say to Saddam Hussein 'Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability,' but that he was speaking to the Iraqi people and said........ 'So, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability' THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  23324
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sun 1 Apr - 10:49

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:

Morning Panda,

Morning pennylane,

The Sunday morning debate on BBCis currently discussing "Is Britain too complacent about the far right" and the Islamic religion, Burkhas , integration
etc are being raised.. Galloway,as a canny Scot , chose the right area to canvass. I am as outspoken as anyone, but would never be rude the way
Galloway was, shouting down Anna Botting et al. Where I live, over the past few years, what was considered a middle class area has had a big influx
of Muslims who make no attempt to integrate with the community adopt a "when in Rome " attitude and the Burkha, although not compulsary is worn
by most, it is intimidating especially for children.

With all his middle east connections, it would be most unwise for him to diss the Burkha methinks, THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  294124 not to mention his marriage to Yassar Arafat's niece, who had the misfortune to find out he was screwing around on her and divorced him. Of course he tried to screw her out of money too, but she threatened to write a 'tell all' book, and he very quickly saw things her way! THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE MOTHER OF ALL INJUSTICES /Sep 10 2007 George Galloway  49091
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum