Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

+14
tanszi
laurie
Lillyofthevalley
maebee
Autumn
dazedandconfused
bill516
tigger
margaret
mossman
ann_chovey
almostgothic
mara thon
Annabel
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book Empty Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  Annabel Mon 2 Apr - 10:25

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book Empty Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  mara thon Mon 2 Apr - 10:30

They truly do walk amongst us.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :
Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book Empty Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  mossman Mon 2 Apr - 10:42

This statement is very true:

"Reading the book will give Kate a chance to put her side across and give you a deeper insight and understanding into how it was and is"

I did read the book and it did give me a deeper insight and understanding into how it was and is - it is and was all lies.

Did kate mccann write that article ?
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 2 Apr - 10:57

"Thankfully – Kate and Gerry also have many loving supporters ..."

Then 'tis a pity that only five of them have seen fit to comment since this piece was posted on May 12th 2011.

What a load of old tripe!
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Mon 2 Apr - 11:49

.....'Apparently – there had been five previous incidents where paedophiles on the Algarve had climbed into bed with holidaying children.'

Eh...?
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 2 Apr - 11:53

I have come across that claim before and I think it was dismissed as nonsense. I'll see if I can find a link. As for the article itself, truly Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book 477442 Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book 477442 Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book 477442

P.S. Here's a link to a story from the Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1187435/Madeleine-McCann-hunters-claim-Algarve-awash-paedophiles.html

Gary Glitter must be relieved that he was banged up in 2007 or he'd be on the list of suspects too.

Last edited by Not Born Yesterday on Mon 2 Apr - 12:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link added)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 2 Apr - 13:07

ann_chovey wrote:

.....'Apparently – there had been five previous incidents where paedophiles on the Algarve had climbed into bed with holidaying children.'

Eh...?

was it not kate who talked about this in her book - i no longer have a copy to check but iirc she talked about getting a letter from one of the mothers who referred to the police not taking her seriously at the time. i remember reading it and thinking kate made it sound as if there was some sort of paedophile convention going on in portugal.

just more mccann muck.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Mon 2 Apr - 13:16

mossman wrote:
ann_chovey wrote:

Eh...?

was it not kate who talked about this in her book - i no longer have a copy to check but iirc she talked about getting a letter from one of the mothers who referred to the police not taking her seriously at the time. i remember reading it and thinking kate made it sound as if there was some sort of paedophile convention going on in portugal.

just more mccann muck.

I read this too although I don't recall where.

It was an odd situation of parents supposedly waking up to find a person inside their apartment and yet didn't bother reporting it for months, if not years, afterwards.
Fern
Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 2 Apr - 13:29

As there is/are now a review or two going on, does that mean they don't need every penny raised from the bewk? What exactly will every penny now be spent on? Certainly not shoe leather for them to keep turning stones themselves.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Mon 2 Apr - 13:32

dazedandconfused wrote:As there is/are now a review or two going on, does that mean they don't need every penny raised from the bewk? What exactly will every penny now be spent on? Certainly not shoe leather for them to keep turning stones themselves.

Was that the original intention for the proceeds from the book to be spent on, a review of the files ?

I understood it was being added to the 'search' fund or is this not the case ?

I don't know.
Fern
Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 2 Apr - 13:36

Some people are so dim and xenophobic, just because someone is foreign it doesn't mean they're thick - just look at the PJ bashing. Why do they think the PJ are crap? Portugal is a country like us with infrastructure, democracy and law and order kept in its place - so it follows they're not stupid!

My sister believed there were '100 Maddies' (100 other children abducted like Maddie every year) because she saw it on her newspaper headline, ergo it must be true! She only saw the other side when l said 'do you really think there are 100 other families out there who have LET their daughter be kidnapped and aren't going to the news, newspapers, facebook, twitter, etc to get their child back? Would you sit back and LET that happen to your children?'

Then she thought about it a little.... I think she still believes the Mcs though. Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book 371436

margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 2 Apr - 13:42

I've just commented on CANIDOIT. Although I can still see the comment, I presume no one else can see it, because it is awaiting moderation. However, because I'm not gushing over the McCanns, I think my comment will be filed in the B.1.N.

Oh well as the saying goes, "It's better to have tried and failed, then not to have tried at all."
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 2 Apr - 13:46

I think that the Algarve paedophile paradise story may have originated with Dave Edgar so that says it all!

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2296-can-we-believe-dave-edgar
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 2 Apr - 13:47

Duh. If you really want to "help Kate McCann" you don't have to buy her book. You just have to give directly to the Fund. Then they would get all £10 and not just £1.

Are these people for real????
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Mon 2 Apr - 14:00

margaret wrote:Some people are so dim and xenophobic, just because someone is foreign it doesn't mean they're thick - just look at the PJ bashing. Why do they think the PJ are crap? Portugal is a country like us with infrastructure, democracy and law and order kept in its place - so it follows they're not stupid!

My sister believed there were '100 Maddies' (100 other children abducted like Maddie every year) because she saw it on her newspaper headline, ergo it must be true! She only saw the other side when l said 'do you really think there are 100 other families out there who have LET their daughter be kidnapped and aren't going to the news, newspapers, facebook, twitter, etc to get their child back? Would you sit back and LET that happen to your children?'

Then she thought about it a little.... I think she still believes the Mcs though. Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book 371436

Your post Margaret also highlights another relevant point surounding this case and that is when someone you know personally away from forum land shares a different opinion than yourself.

How do you react towards them ?

Time and time again I see posters from each side of the fence being targeted with all sorts of nonsense and horrid allegations simply because they hold a different view on just this one issue out of numerous others in every day life and yet in reality, we'd never react in the same manner if this person was a friend/family member etc and the case was being discussed in person. Disagree yes however we'd certainly not start name calling and hurling abuse therefore why has it become so acceptable and even encouraged in forum land ?

My partner is a very firm Anti and his opinion will never alter and a few of my friends would never even entertain the possibility that the McCanns could be involved however reagrdless of this, I still love them all the same and perhaps this is why I find the level of aggression directed at posters who simply disagree, very difficult to understand. Yes we all get our moments of frustration, I certainly do at times, however we seem to have reached yet another level of hurtful behaviour given how arguments are being taking off forum land and into reality.

Just where is this all going to end I wonder........

(My post is in no way directed at you personally Margaret, you simply raised a point of interest to me)
Fern
Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Mon 2 Apr - 14:15

mossman wrote:This statement is very true:

"Reading the book will give Kate a chance to put her side across and give you a deeper insight and understanding into how it was and is"

I did read the book and it did give me a deeper insight and understanding into how it was and is - it is and was all lies.

Did kate mccann write that article ?

But they've had and have unlimited chances to put their 'side across'. Only last week we were treated to two interviews which gave us their point of view in every detail. Practically every newspaper has given them prime exposure and the Leveson inquiry genuflected before them. Truly, they are Royalty.
Do we get interviews with Amaral? Tony Bennett? Employees of the Ocean Club?

The McCanns are able to vilify people who are not asked their opinion and so unable to defend themselves, it is a totally one-sided affair.

The book is certainly important. It is full of inaccuracies to put it nicely and it will give you indeed a deeper insight and understanding - but not at all of Thursday the 3rd of May and next to nothing about the most important person in this whole affair: Madeleine Beth McCann.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 2 Apr - 14:46

Fern wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:As there is/are now a review or two going on, does that mean they don't need every penny raised from the bewk? What exactly will every penny now be spent on? Certainly not shoe leather for them to keep turning stones themselves.

Was that the original intention for the proceeds from the book to be spent on, a review of the files ?

I don't know.

I went with this bit from the article Annabel posted "Every penny from the proceeds of the book will help fund an independent review of Madeleine’s case"

So I wondered what the pennies would be used for now they have the independent review.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Mon 2 Apr - 14:50

dazedandconfused wrote:
Fern wrote:

I don't know.

I went with this bit from the article Annabel posted "Every penny from the proceeds of the book will help fund an independent review of Madeleine’s case"

So I wondered what the pennies would be used for now they have the independent review.

Yes you're quite right.

I supoose it depends on the outcome of the NSY review which hopefully will be fnished within the next 6 weeks or so maybe.
Fern
Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 2 Apr - 15:14

That's an interesting point Fern. I am going to assume that the majority of the vilest of trolls are nice enough people in real life - I'm excluding Murat fan though!

My sister is a McCann sceptic and her best friend won't hear a word against them and refuses to read anything that throws doubt on their story. My sister decided that their friendship was worth saving so she doesn't talk about the case to her; no way would she scream obscenities or dredge up dirt from the past to discredit her.

What it is about this case which has attracted so much attention is something I think that will go down in the history books.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Mon 2 Apr - 15:34

Not Born Yesterday wrote:That's an interesting point Fern. I am going to assume that the majority of the vilest of trolls are nice enough people in real life - I'm excluding Murat fan though!

My sister is a McCann sceptic and her best friend won't hear a word against them and refuses to read anything that throws doubt on their story. My sister decided that their friendship was worth saving so she doesn't talk about the case to her; no way would she scream obscenities or dredge up dirt from the past to discredit her.

What it is about this case which has attracted so much attention is something I think that will go down in the history books.

I would say the majority of posters following this case regardless of their views, are kind and decent people in the outside world and I also suspect that the manner in which a certain few behave online would shock those that know them in reality.

The path that your sister has chosen is the best one I'd say, in order to keep the peace anyway. No doubt its something that many of us who have followed this case for years now have encountered along the way and perhaps it also comes down to the type of person you are too. Some people simply cannot accept another point of view in general whereas others are happy to take a more laid back approach with difference of opinions.

I tend not to discuss the case with anyone nowadays unless the topic comes up in conversation and even then, I tend to avoid it when possible.

What about you NBY, do you feel comfortable discussing the case off line ?

Fern
Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Mon 2 Apr - 16:10

As the media have kept hidden many facts about this case from the general public, I think it is a good idea to try and get the word out to as many as possible. The only reason that people believe the McCanns and friends are not involved in any way is because they have been brain-washed by what they've read in the UK press. I see nothing wrong in giving friends and family links to where they can read the files and find out the truth for themselves. People are not going to find the truth in the press so its up to us to guide people to where they can learn more about the case and then they can make an informed decision as to where they stand.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  bill516 Mon 2 Apr - 17:48

I just read kathybelles comment, to read the files. It seems it slipped the net, someone wasnt watching, or maybe it was too cryptic for them. Do you think anyone would would follow the link, doubt it, they will think its all been set up by some anti just to rubbish the McCs.
bill516
bill516
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 2 Apr - 17:52

If anyone can stomach reading Brunts Sky Blogs that is awash with abuse mainly aimed at
those who dont believe the mccanns story with the most vilest abuse kept for those who
dare to mention the Gaspar statements which are recorded in the PJ files, in fact those who dare
to mention this are called paedophiles! I think those of you who know the Sky forum referred to will
have found most interesting comments on this thread!
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 2 Apr - 17:55

dazed and confused - So I wondered what the pennies would be used for now they have the independent review..

Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book 303636 visits to the tanning salon perhaps!
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Mon 2 Apr - 18:25

cherry1 wrote:dazed and confused - So I wondered what the pennies would be used for now they have the independent review..

Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book 303636 visits to the tanning salon perhaps!

think the hairdressers are doing a good trade as well.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next