Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  cherry1 on Mon 2 Apr - 18:27

and the jewellers.......earrings perhaps!

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6238
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  Fern on Mon 2 Apr - 18:41

Autumn wrote:
As the media have kept hidden many facts about this case from the general public, I think it is a good idea to try and get the word out to as many as possible. The only reason that people believe the McCanns and friends are not involved in any way is because they have been brain-washed by what they've read in the UK press. I see nothing wrong in giving friends and family links to where they can read the files and find out the truth for themselves. People are not going to find the truth in the press so its up to us to guide people to where they can learn more about the case and then they can make an informed decision as to where they stand.

I understand your point Autumn although it works both ways given what has been printed in the papers. It hasn't all been in favour of the Tapas group/McCanns otherwise no subsequent out of court settlements would have been payed to the fund as a result of the potentially libellous comments that were printed. Part of the problem now is the lack of interest surrounding the case given the length of time that has past although every so often there is a flurry of interest when something case related is mentioned in the papers etc..

Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  Autumn on Mon 2 Apr - 19:27

Fern wrote:
Autumn wrote:
As the media have kept hidden many facts about this case from the general public, I think it is a good idea to try and get the word out to as many as possible. The only reason that people believe the McCanns and friends are not involved in any way is because they have been brain-washed by what they've read in the UK press. I see nothing wrong in giving friends and family links to where they can read the files and find out the truth for themselves. People are not going to find the truth in the press so its up to us to guide people to where they can learn more about the case and then they can make an informed decision as to where they stand.

I understand your point Autumn although it works both ways given what has been printed in the papers. It hasn't all been in favour of the Tapas group/McCanns otherwise no subsequent out of court settlements would have been payed to the fund as a result of the potentially libellous comments that were printed. Part of the problem now is the lack of interest surrounding the case given the length of time that has past although every so often there is a flurry of interest when something case related is mentioned in the papers etc..

I think the public will start asking questions when they see the McCanns involved in more legal actions. People who went without heating, kids who baked cakes and sold their toys to give all they could to the fund will wonder if their donations are being used to pay expensive legal fees.

Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  cherry1 on Mon 2 Apr - 19:29

Especialy as the running total disappeared off the site and no explanation given as to where EXACTLY
the funds have gone!!

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6238
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  Fern on Mon 2 Apr - 19:53

Autumn wrote:
Fern wrote:
Autumn wrote:
As the media have kept hidden many facts about this case from the general public, I think it is a good idea to try and get the word out to as many as possible. The only reason that people believe the McCanns and friends are not involved in any way is because they have been brain-washed by what they've read in the UK press. I see nothing wrong in giving friends and family links to where they can read the files and find out the truth for themselves. People are not going to find the truth in the press so its up to us to guide people to where they can learn more about the case and then they can make an informed decision as to where they stand.

I understand your point Autumn although it works both ways given what has been printed in the papers. It hasn't all been in favour of the Tapas group/McCanns otherwise no subsequent out of court settlements would have been payed to the fund as a result of the potentially libellous comments that were printed. Part of the problem now is the lack of interest surrounding the case given the length of time that has past although every so often there is a flurry of interest when something case related is mentioned in the papers etc..

I think the public will start asking questions when they see the McCanns involved in more legal actions. People who went without heating, kids who baked cakes and sold their toys to give all they could to the fund will wonder if their donations are being used to pay expensive legal fees.

I'm not sure so now Autumn given that almost 5 years have passed however regardless of this, those that are still curious would certainly benefit from reading the official files in order to form their own opinion. What conclusion they would reach would be rather interesting wouldn't it, especially if they had no involvement with any case related forums.

Perhaps its because I've followed this case in depth since May 4th 07 I don't know however I must admit to finding nit-picking childish comments directed at the McCanns as completely pointless to say the least.

Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  cherry1 on Mon 2 Apr - 20:09

now that the links to mccann files and pj files have been put on the canidiot site, hopefully some
of those posters may take the time and trouble to actually read the facts on the case and they may feel somewhat less protective of the Mccanns then. Clarance/government and the Mccanns and lawyers have done their best to try and suppress information from coming out so it is forums such as this that can enlighten the public, many of whom would be totally shocked to read about the findings of the PJ, Amarals comments, info about Gaspar statements, info about DP, statements of the original officers at the scene etc.,

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6238
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  Autumn on Mon 2 Apr - 20:15

Fern posted:

I must admit to finding nit-picking childish comments directed at the McCanns as completely pointless to say the least.

Please would you give examples?

Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  Fern on Mon 2 Apr - 20:55

Autumn wrote:Fern posted:

I must admit to finding nit-picking childish comments directed at the McCanns as completely pointless to say the least.

Please would you give examples?

I encountered a thread on a case related Facebook page recently that focused on a ring worn by Kate McCann and it smacked of complete desperation in my opinion to hurl abuse at the McCanns.


Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  Autumn on Mon 2 Apr - 21:02

Fern wrote:
Autumn wrote:Fern posted:

I must admit to finding nit-picking childish comments directed at the McCanns as completely pointless to say the least.

Please would you give examples?

I encountered a thread on a case related Facebook page recently that focused on a ring worn by Kate McCann and it smacked of complete desperation in my opinion to hurl abuse at the McCanns.


Fern, I haven't seen abuse 'hurled at the McCanns' here or anywhere else. You'l have to come up with something better than that if you are to continue fighting the McCanns corner.

Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  laurie on Mon 2 Apr - 21:09

Fern wrote:
Autumn wrote:Fern posted:

I must admit to finding nit-picking childish comments directed at the McCanns as completely pointless to say the least.

Please would you give examples?

I encountered a thread on a case related Facebook page recently that focused on a ring worn by Kate McCann and it smacked of complete desperation in my opinion to hurl abuse at the McCanns.


Fern you need to practice what you preach as you yourself nit picked a lot about the McCanns and you know this to be true.There are a lot among us that have delved long and hard into this case and are entitled to what they believe. It is called freedom of speech so long as they don't make libelous remarks on Forums such as this. I also respect others views/opinions.

laurie
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Location : Northern Ireland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  Fern on Mon 2 Apr - 21:16

Autumn wrote:
Fern wrote:
Autumn wrote:Fern posted:

I must admit to finding nit-picking childish comments directed at the McCanns as completely pointless to say the least.

Please would you give examples?

I encountered a thread on a case related Facebook page recently that focused on a ring worn by Kate McCann and it smacked of complete desperation in my opinion to hurl abuse at the McCanns.


Fern, I haven't seen abuse 'hurled at the McCanns' here or anywhere else. You'l have to come up with something better than that if you are to continue fighting the McCanns corner.

I'm sure you will encounter such comments after following this case for some time Autumn. For some reason I thought you had however clearly I have you mistaken for another poster ?

Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  Autumn on Mon 2 Apr - 21:39


Fern, your concern for the McCanns is touching but please spare a moment to consider Madeleine and how her parents, the very people she should have been able to depend upon for protection and care, have let her down. They have shown no remorse, accuse the Portuguese and locals of not searching, they blame everyone but themselves. They try to guilt trip people into buying their tacky online tack and bewks by implying Madeleine won't be found unless the public buy their goods. They continue to hound the one man who has put everything on the line to search for their daughter, namely Snr Amaral. In a nutshell Fern, they do themselves no favours behaving the way they do.

Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  Fern on Mon 2 Apr - 21:53

laurie wrote:
Fern wrote:
Autumn wrote:Fern posted:

I must admit to finding nit-picking childish comments directed at the McCanns as completely pointless to say the least.

Please would you give examples?

I encountered a thread on a case related Facebook page recently that focused on a ring worn by Kate McCann and it smacked of complete desperation in my opinion to hurl abuse at the McCanns.


Fern you need to practice what you preach as you yourself nit picked a lot about the McCanns and you know this to be true.There are a lot among us that have delved long and hard into this case and are entitled to what they believe. It is called freedom of speech so long as they don't make libelous remarks on Forums such as this. I also respect others views/opinions.

Of course I did however I've moved along from that now.

With regards to your comment about 'freedom of speach', I suggest that you reflect on your own behaviour before being critical of others.

No matter what your opinion was Laurie I would NEVER resort to what you did to me ie posting my personal information up on a public forum.

The sort of allegations you post on Sky wouldn't last 2 mins on most forums including here and yet you deem these acceptable ? A certain poster that you appear to respect has banned from here already given his/her complete obsession with paedophilia along with the constant false allegations he/she makes. Now you can continue turn a blind eye to this sort of behaviour however what I would suggest is that instead of having a swipe at me, you spend a bit of time researching his/her VERY close 'friend', (KaOs?)




Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  maebee on Mon 2 Apr - 21:55

Autumn wrote:
Fern, your concern for the McCanns is touching but please spare a moment to consider Madeleine and how her parents, the very people she should have been able to depend upon for protection and care, have let her down. They have shown no remorse, accuse the Portuguese and locals of not searching, they blame everyone but themselves. They try to guilt trip people into buying their tacky online tack and bewks by implying Madeleine won't be found unless the public buy their goods. They continue to hound the one man who has put everything on the line to search for their daughter, namely Snr Amaral. In a nutshell Fern, they do themselves no favours behaving the way they do.

Well said Autumn. Post of the year, imo.

maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  cherry1 on Mon 2 Apr - 22:05

I think some people need to understand the Gaspar Statements are mentioned in the PJ files
and therefore any poster has a right to mention them and discuss them without constantly being
labelled a paedophile and subjected to the most vile abuse that I have ever seen on Sky!

if certain posters do not want to acknowledge these that is fine, that is their right, but they
dont have a right to label anyone who wishes to discuss them and make sure the public are aware
of what is in the PJ files, as a paedophile. It is also the Mccanns who mentioned paedophiles so I really
dont think they or anyone else has a a right to complain if posters wish to discuss those details.


cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6238
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Mon 2 Apr - 22:07

Totaly agree Maebee

Some poeple will never ever give Maddy a second thought.......its all about "poor Gerry and Kate", the selfish neglecting doctors........

until they are arrested!!!


Last edited by Lillyofthevalley on Mon 2 Apr - 22:12; edited 1 time in total

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  Guest on Mon 2 Apr - 22:09

Fern wrote:
laurie wrote:
Fern wrote:
Autumn wrote:Fern posted:

I must admit to finding nit-picking childish comments directed at the McCanns as completely pointless to say the least.

Please would you give examples?

I encountered a thread on a case related Facebook page recently that focused on a ring worn by Kate McCann and it smacked of complete desperation in my opinion to hurl abuse at the McCanns.


Fern you need to practice what you preach as you yourself nit picked a lot about the McCanns and you know this to be true.There are a lot among us that have delved long and hard into this case and are entitled to what they believe. It is called freedom of speech so long as they don't make libelous remarks on Forums such as this. I also respect others views/opinions.

Of course I did however I've moved along from that now.

With regards to your comment about 'freedom of speach', I suggest that you reflect on your own behaviour before being critical of others.

No matter what your opinion was Laurie I would NEVER resort to what you did to me ie posting my personal information up on a public forum.

The sort of allegations you post on Sky wouldn't last 2 mins on most forums including here and yet you deem these acceptable ? A certain poster that you appear to respect has banned from here already given his/her complete obsession with paedophilia along with the constant false allegations he/she makes. Now you can continue turn a blind eye to this sort of behaviour however what I would suggest is that instead of having a swipe at me, you spend a bit of time researching his/her VERY close 'friend', (KaOs?)




Sorry, but I have no idea what this is about.

Can you elucidate?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  laurie on Mon 2 Apr - 22:10

Fern stop passing the buck and also making absurd accusations re Your Personal Info as that is a lie. Now this is not the place to bring a grievance you have against me from a Blog to this Forum. I replied to your post and nothing more nothing less Are you trying to get me banned from here?
Most know you have posted your own personal info all over the net
Now as far as i am concerned this is the end of it is just you make sweeping statements against others that you yourself were involved in

laurie
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Location : Northern Ireland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  laurie on Mon 2 Apr - 22:10

maebee wrote:
Autumn wrote:
Fern, your concern for the McCanns is touching but please spare a moment to consider Madeleine and how her parents, the very people she should have been able to depend upon for protection and care, have let her down. They have shown no remorse, accuse the Portuguese and locals of not searching, they blame everyone but themselves. They try to guilt trip people into buying their tacky online tack and bewks by implying Madeleine won't be found unless the public buy their goods. They continue to hound the one man who has put everything on the line to search for their daughter, namely Snr Amaral. In a nutshell Fern, they do themselves no favours behaving the way they do.

Well said Autumn. Post of the year, imo.
Totally Agree 100%

laurie
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Location : Northern Ireland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  laurie on Mon 2 Apr - 22:12

cherry1 wrote:I think some people need to understand the Gaspar Statements are mentioned in the PJ files
and therefore any poster has a right to mention them and discuss them without constantly being
labelled a paedophile and subjected to the most vile abuse that I have ever seen on Sky!

if certain posters do not want to acknowledge these that is fine, that is their right, but they
dont have a right to label anyone who wishes to discuss them and make sure the public are aware
of what is in the PJ files, as a paedophile. It is also the Mccanns who mentioned paedophiles so I really
dont think they or anyone else has a a right to complain if posters wish to discuss those details.

Cherry mention the Gaspars and some people get annoyed so it is a no no subject

laurie
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Location : Northern Ireland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  Guest on Mon 2 Apr - 22:12

laurie wrote:Fern stop passing the buck and also making absurd accusations re Your Personal Info as that is a lie. Now this is not the place to bring a grievance you have against me from a Blog to this Forum. I replied to your post and nothing more nothing less Are you trying to get me banned from here?
Most know you have posted your own personal info all over the net
Now as far as i am concerned this is the end of it is just you make sweeping statements against others that you yourself were involved in

I refer to my preceding Post.

This is a Public Forum ................. ergo one should not need to read between complex lines in order to understand Posts.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  Fern on Mon 2 Apr - 22:13

Autumn wrote:
Fern, your concern for the McCanns is touching but please spare a moment to consider Madeleine and how her parents, the very people she should have been able to depend upon for protection and care, have let her down. They have shown no remorse, accuse the Portuguese and locals of not searching, they blame everyone but themselves. They try to guilt trip people into buying their tacky online tack and bewks by implying Madeleine won't be found unless the public buy their goods. They continue to hound the one man who has put everything on the line to search for their daughter, namely Snr Amaral. In a nutshell Fern, they do themselves no favours behaving the way they do.

Its my concern for Madeleine and the truth surrounding this case that SHOULD a priority and not the nitpicking comments with regards to Kate choice of jewellery that surely will simply drive those new to researching the case, away.
I do infact agree with much of your post and there is absolutely no way whatsoever in my opinion can the actions of the McCanns be justified at all on that holiday. It is something I shall never accept or understand and as far as I'm concerned there is no excuse for leaving those poor children alone.

With regards to the online shop, I'm of the opinion that nobody has to purchase anything from it or even visit there if they don't agree with it.

Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  cherry1 on Mon 2 Apr - 22:26

It’s amazing how Daily Mail readers will donate a staggerering £340.000 for an elephant rescue park, but people will turn a blind eye to helping finding Maddy McCann.

I dont understand how this comment can be made on canidiot, when so much money has been
donated into the fund, it is unbelievable.

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6238
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  tanszi on Mon 2 Apr - 22:30

what is canidiot, if its a website a clue might be in the name, ane maybe why someone posted about turning a blind eye to helping find Maddy McCann. Can someone who is so much more cleverer than me post Hidedeho's video on there. jimo

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  Not Born Yesterday on Mon 2 Apr - 22:31

The End is Nigh: thank you. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who doesn't understand what has happened to this topic.

Not Born Yesterday
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6697
Age : 103
Location : Over the hills and far away
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Why Folk Should Stop Punishing Kate McCann and Buy Her Book

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:30


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum