Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Assange likens coverage to McCanns

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Assange likens coverage to McCanns

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 17 Aug - 18:18

Are there trustworthy governments?

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

'

Post  Lioned on Fri 17 Aug - 18:30

No wallflower i was thinking more about democratic countries really if i may be allowed to correct myself.I Am also thinking that this man with his otherwise rather oily habits of 'sleeping' with these now allegedly loose women would get slated in here if the nasty Americans hadn't been involved.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

'

Post  Lioned on Fri 17 Aug - 18:41

And i agree Claudia,i dont trust Governments either.But in the scheme of things who's to argue that Sweden isn't a rather benign friendly country ? Thats where he needs to be going.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Assange likens coverage to McCanns

Post  marxman on Fri 17 Aug - 18:42

Claudia79 wrote:Are there trustworthy governments?

No.

marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Location : In the dog house
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Assange likens coverage to McCanns

Post  marxman on Fri 17 Aug - 19:16

Lioned wrote:So we just ignore the pleas of the women who say they've been raped then ? And Sweden is a country not to be trusted to seek justice one way or the other because they are in cohoots with the brutal Americans ?

And why didnt Assange take refuge in the Australian embassy are they untrustworthy also ?

Hi Lioned, no the 'rape' allegations made by these
women must be vigorously investigated, and of the
motivating factors that spawned such allegations.
Likewise, Assange must be provided with an equal
opportunity and environment to defend himself free
from the spectre of an angry US seeking to get him
into a US court on a charge sheet which is growing
by the day.

marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Location : In the dog house
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

'

Post  Lioned on Fri 17 Aug - 19:49

Thats fair enough.And lets not forget that the reason this topic is here is because this man 'declared' himself a mcann sympathiser the likes of whom usually get short shrift on here,interesting dont you think that the anti American sentiment seems to be stronger !


Last edited by Lioned on Fri 17 Aug - 19:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Eta)

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Assange likens coverage to McCanns

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 17 Aug - 20:05

Lioned wrote:And i agree Claudia,i dont trust Governments either.But in the scheme of things who's to argue that Sweden isn't a rather benign friendly country ? Thats where he needs to be going.

They just have to guarantee that he won't be extradited. Quite simple.
I think the rape allegations have to be investigated, obviously. Personally, I find them highly questionable after what I have read from the case.
I don't let the MM case affect all my other opinions. I can separate things. Do I agree with Assange re the McCanns? No. Not at all. Do I suspect he has bee set up? I think it is quite possible. And no anti American sentiment from me at all.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Assange likens coverage to McCanns

Post  almostgothic on Fri 17 Aug - 20:16

Agree with all you say, Claudia.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

'

Post  Lioned on Fri 17 Aug - 20:49

Good post Claudia i wouldn't disagree with any of that,the process of justice needs to be seen to be done.The allegations of rape need to be dealt with in Sweden.we all know there is more to it than that,let those who keep 'bashing' the USA imagine where we all might be had they not helped us out in ww1 and ww2 and quelled the march of communism and now the rise of terror and fundamentalism and the ever increasing strength of China.The Americans are the only democracy strong enough to protect us against that lot,like it or not.Wikileaks should not be allowed to become a platform for information that may compromise national security.


Last edited by Lioned on Fri 17 Aug - 20:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Eta)

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8553
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Assange likens coverage to McCanns

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 17 Aug - 21:08

almostgothic wrote:Agree with all you say, Claudia.

Thanks, Almostgothic.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Assange likens coverage to McCanns

Post  Claudia79 on Fri 17 Aug - 21:15

Lioned wrote:Good post Claudia i wouldn't disagree with any of that,the process of justice needs to be seen to be done.The allegations of rape need to be dealt with in Sweden.we all know there is more to it than that,let those who keep 'bashing' the USA imagine where we all might be had they not helped us out in ww1 and ww2 and quelled the march of communism and now the rise of terror and fundamentalism and the ever increasing strength of China.The Americans are the only democracy strong enough to protect us against that lot,like it or not.Wikileaks should not be allowed to become a platform for information that may compromise national security.

Thanks, Lioned. I think Wikileaks is a double edged sword. Although I agree it may compromise national security in some cases I also think it can be a guarantee of true democracy. When governments are too sure about themselves, when politicians know or think their business is just theirs, its citizens who pay the price. I agree this is not a black or white thing but if I was asked I would rather live in a world with Wikileaks. Whistle blowers are sadly necessary.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Assange likens coverage to McCanns

Post  Oldartform on Fri 17 Aug - 22:31

Lioned wrote:Thats fair enough.And lets not forget that the reason this topic is here is because this man 'declared' himself a mcann sympathiser the likes of whom usually get short shrift on here,interesting dont you think that the anti American sentiment seems to be stronger !

Where has he declared himself a McCann sympathiser Lioned? He was just comparing his suffering at the hands of the press being similar to how the McCanns were hounded. Does he even know anything about the case?

If you listen to the interview by David Frost and John Pilger with JA you will get more info on the supposed rape accusations and why Sweden`s politicians are not as benign as you think.

Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Assange likens coverage to McCanns

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:38


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum