Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  malena stool on Mon 9 Apr - 18:38

The End Is Nigh wrote:
malena stool wrote: >> They all seem to be New Labour politicians or have Socialist tendencies..

I think you'll find that the modern Labour Party has very little Socialist flavour - just an alternative form of Conservatism in many ways.


ETA: Should have read on ............. I see I merely share a common view.


Having a massive catch-up here as the site was unavailable to me yesterday (Though I note it was available to most - must have been a DNS issue) so not being as thorough as usual. Quick skim!
You're right TEIN, the unions who have been supporting them as they did the Real Labour party have created a problem for Miliband or any other New Labour leader who needs to make his mind up whether to show solidarity with the unions who fund him or big business, where no doubt his own money is invested.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13244
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Fern on Mon 9 Apr - 18:49

The End Is Nigh wrote:In what way not run of the mill?

He's a Cardiologist, is he not?

Dr Gerry McCann

Consultant Cardiologist/Honorary Senior Lecturer

BSc (Pysiology/Sports Science), University of Glasgow, 1989
MB ChB University of Glasgow, 1992
MRCP (UK), 1995
Dip.Sp.Med., Scottish Royal Colleges, 1997
MD University of Glasgow, 2002

Tel: 0116 256 3402/3476

Email: gerry.mccann@uhl-tr.nhs.uk

Address: Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Clinical Sciences Wing, Glenfield General Hospital, Leicester, LE3 9QP

For general enquiries please email Sarah Sayer, Secretary, or telephone 0116 256 3402

Research Interests

Pathophysiological consequences of myocardial dysfunction
Cardiac imaging especially cardiac MRI

Assessment of myocardial function (both left and right ventricular)/remodeling

External Positions

Royal College of Physician Representative on the Health Protection Agency- Medical Practices Subcommittee on CT scanning in Asymptomatic Subjects. April 2006-June 2008

Board Member British Society of Cardiovascular MRI (BSCMR) April 2008-present

Inaugural Council Member British Heart Valve Society (BHVS) 2010-present

Key Publications

http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/cardiovascular-sciences/people/mccann


To add to the above Gerry McCann was also involved with COMARE (reports 11th IIRC)

COMARE is an independent expert advisory committee with members chosen for their medical and scientific expertise and recruited from Universities, Research and Medical Institutes.

http://www.comare.org.uk/index.htm


Based on the above credentials within the medical field alone, in my opinion this is the SOLE reason why the McCanns were given such Government assistance.

Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Guest on Mon 9 Apr - 18:58

Lots of us have Academic and Professional credentials coming out of our ears and have written Papers and been on Committees - Indeed, most Professions expect one to have such a track record in order to attain Fellowship: I don't see how that not uncommon state of affairs would lead to protection being afforded, though.

Nevertheless, I note what you say.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Fern on Mon 9 Apr - 19:08

The End Is Nigh wrote:Lots of us have Academic and Professional credentials coming out of our ears and have written Papers and been on Committees - Indeed, most Professions expect one to have such a track record in order to attain Fellowship: I don't see how that not uncommon state of affairs would lead to protection being afforded, though.

Nevertheless, I note what you say.

I agree with you however its evident that regardless of what credentials many of us may have, there aren't that many of us who could call in such contacts as the McCanns did in a time of need.

I could well be wrong with my opinion of course.

Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Age : 45
Location : Either in or on the Irish Sea
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  cherry1 on Mon 9 Apr - 19:57

They certainly seemed to have many contacts in the media, G.Brown, and not forgetting, of course, D.P's call to the Special Crime directorate on night Madeleine disappeared, the unit that deals with crime such as murder, rape, human trafficking and fraud.

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6187
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Loopdaloop on Tue 10 Apr - 0:08

Fern wrote:

Board Member British Society of Cardiovascular MRI (BSCMR) April 2008-present

Inaugural Council Member British Heart Valve Society (BHVS) 2010-present

Key Publications

http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/cardiovascular-sciences/people/mccann


To add to the above Gerry McCann was also involved with COMARE (reports 11th IIRC)

COMARE is an independent expert advisory committee with members chosen for their medical and scientific expertise and recruited from Universities, Research and Medical Institutes.

http://www.comare.org.uk/index.htm


Based on the above credentials within the medical field alone, in my opinion this is the SOLE reason why the McCanns were given such Government assistance.

It might even be argued that the 'disappearance' has aided his career... (just looking at post may 2007)

I still think the link to Gordon Brown was Gerry's friend Alex Woolfall though (whose company had similar access to Cameron)
http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t18075-bell-pottinger-boasts-of-easy-access-to-cameron-all-sorts-of-dark-arts-a-nice-undercover-sting

Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  almostgothic on Tue 10 Apr - 9:01

I think that this contact was crucial:

Between 10.00 and 10.50 pm The first call that Gerry made on the night of the crime was to Alistair Clark, a good friend from university days and a diplomat who is close to Gordon Brown. Clark made contacts at the highest level and - before Policia Judiciaria - already Sky News and the British Ambassador were being informed about the abduction.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id28.html

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Panda on Tue 10 Apr - 9:16



I read that it was Tony Blair who asked the U.K. Ambassador to Portugal , John Buck, to go to PDL to aid the McCanns. There was a rumour that Tony's
Daughter had been admitted to Castle Craig for alcohol abuse. Castle Craig is run by a Peter McCann who appears to be no relation to Gerry. Obviously
this is just a rumour and I am more inclined to believe the rumour that Gerry is a fundraiser for the Labour Party which would be how he knew the
Blairs and Browns.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Tue 10 Apr - 9:18

Fern wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:In what way not run of the mill?

He's a Cardiologist, is he not?

Dr Gerry McCann

Consultant Cardiologist/Honorary Senior Lecturer

BSc (Pysiology/Sports Science), University of Glasgow, 1989
MB ChB University of Glasgow, 1992
MRCP (UK), 1995
Dip.Sp.Med., Scottish Royal Colleges, 1997
MD University of Glasgow, 2002

Tel: 0116 256 3402/3476

Email: gerry.mccann@uhl-tr.nhs.uk

Address: Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Clinical Sciences Wing, Glenfield General Hospital, Leicester, LE3 9QP

For general enquiries please email Sarah Sayer, Secretary, or telephone 0116 256 3402

Research Interests

Pathophysiological consequences of myocardial dysfunction
Cardiac imaging especially cardiac MRI

Assessment of myocardial function (both left and right ventricular)/remodeling

External Positions

Royal College of Physician Representative on the Health Protection Agency- Medical Practices Subcommittee on CT scanning in Asymptomatic Subjects. April 2006-June 2008

Board Member British Society of Cardiovascular MRI (BSCMR) April 2008-present

Inaugural Council Member British Heart Valve Society (BHVS) 2010-present

Key Publications

http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/cardiovascular-sciences/people/mccann


To add to the above Gerry McCann was also involved with COMARE (reports 11th IIRC)

COMARE is an independent expert advisory committee with members chosen for their medical and scientific expertise and recruited from Universities, Research and Medical Institutes.

http://www.comare.org.uk/index.htm


Based on the above credentials within the medical field alone, in my opinion this is the SOLE reason why the McCanns were given such Government assistance.

Fern imo there has been far more important, far better educated people, "thrown" to the wolves when needed to be, (imo Gerry is small fry) its money that is protecting the McCanns lots of it, in the first 6 months yes maybe there was a little Government assistance (due to maybe Comare), if this was continuing, we wouldn't be having "The Review"....because the McCanns would be forgotten, forgotten along time ago.....

"McCanns, who???? oh yes those two poor doctors who had their child abducted in Portugual many years ago, awe that was sad wasn't it"......

If our Government wanted to protect, or something to be covered up, it would be done and we wouldn't know nothing about it, end of.


All these contacts in the early days, yes Gerry and Payne seemed to know alot of importent people, who were probably more then happy to help not knowing the full story ,,,but wonder what their stance is on this story now, today? would they still be happy to help Gerry or Payne?????
I would put a bet on they wouldn't! wide berth comes to my mind.

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  nospinnaker on Tue 10 Apr - 9:39

Lily of the Valley I'm absolutely convinced you're right. A government cover-up would be just that, a cover up. Nothing would leak out, no press releases from Clarence, no secret meetings, nothing. It would be as though nothing had happened.

I am one of those that sees no conspiracy with Gordon Brown, no secret links to people in high places, no undue influence anywhere.

I do see a number of celebrities simply demonstrating generosity by offering reward money or financial assistance, and I do see MPs and government officials being keen to be seen offering assistance to the McCanns. These are the sort of people who have lots of things passing across their desks on a daily basis, they have neither the time nor the inclination to sit poring over a screen & keyboard reading fora and comments pages. They simply saw that a child had disappeared and gave time and help. People want to be associated with a charitable act, and that's understandable and indeed commendable. In this case perhaps deeper research may have caused them to walk away, but in the circumstances they will have perceived that time was of the essence.

Lots of people have been sucked in, I see naivety but I don't see conspiracy. I see greed too, with a pink face.

I am more and more convinced that the review/reopening/whatever will result in a conclusion that will not please the McCanns. I simply cannot accept that anyone has given orders that the whole sorry saga will be swept under the carpet. There are too many police officers involved for that to succeed; despite what one reads in the press coppers are a pretty honourable bunch, one of them would blow the whistle.


nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Panda on Tue 10 Apr - 10:05



Morning nospinnaker ,

After 10 months and 36 Police Officers involved one assumes that all the files will have been checked by now. Why the Oporto Police have taken over is a bit of a mystery but I think it is because the Portugese want to be able to say, every single part of this investigation has been double checked and
nothing found so we are closing the case.

I think Leicester police will have more to answer for , the familiarity between Stuart Prior and the Tapas group, the delay in sending the Gaspar Statement, allowing the phone number of findmadeleine to be displayed at the Station , the inane questions asked of the Tapas 9 when they were
at LP Station..

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Guest on Tue 10 Apr - 10:11

@ nospinnaker


That is a thoughtful and very well considered Post which describes my own feeling and position precisely.

I don't go for conspiracy theories or use "people in high places" as a fall-back explanation for accounting for what we don't know.

Most things in life turn out to be utterly mundane, with a bit of sentiment, a bit of coincidence, a bit of human nature (including the intervention of individuals of ill repute - and of ill repute not because they are Masons, Politicians, Professional folk sitting (like many do) on Committees touching on Government circles, but simply that they are bad or unduly self-interested) thrown in.

Just because we don't know all the answers doesn't mean there must be dark forces at work.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Panda on Tue 10 Apr - 10:34


Morning TIEN,

I think the McCanns had far more help than any other couple reporting a missing child. Did Ben Needham's Mother have any help of that magnitude?
Wasn't she told by her local Police that they couldn't get involved because the event happened abroad.? Did she have the British Ambassador pay a
visit to see how he could help? Did she have Family Liaison Officers rushed to Greece offering advice and support?

This is not just because the McCanns were Doctors, they already knew the Blairs and Browns which is why they got preferential treatment and why they
had their very own PR despatched by the Government.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Guest on Tue 10 Apr - 10:56

Good morning to you also, Panda

Well if any of those points turn out to be well founded, when we finally get to the bottom of it, there will be much egg on the faces of any individuals who got drawn in, whoever they may be.

But I can accept, from simple observation, that Gerald is someone who is unduly self-important and to whom making use of "the old-boy network" is second nature. More fool the other old-boys, I say.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Panda on Tue 10 Apr - 11:32

The End Is Nigh wrote:Good morning to you also, Panda

Well if any of those points turn out to be well founded, when we finally get to the bottom of it, there will be much egg on the faces of any individuals who got drawn in, whoever they may be.

But I can accept, from simple observation, that Gerald is someone who is unduly self-important and to whom making use of "the old-boy network" is second nature. More fool the other old-boys, I say.

We know that Doug Skehan is a fundraiser which is why he was appointed a Director of NSU and I read a long time ago that Gerry was also a Fund
Raiser for the Labour Party which is how he knew the Blairs and Browns and that is why he used those contacts. How else would Tony Blair get to know so soon that Madeleine was missing ?

I do wonder at times if the McCanns were guilty of disposing of Madeleine's body, why draw so much attention to themselves.?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  almostgothic on Tue 10 Apr - 11:40

This is what I just can't figure out - the naivety of those who have supported, promoted and bankrolled the McCanns.

Hard-nosed businessmen who in any other circumstances would never throw good money after bad.

Gushing celebs eager to associate themselves with the gruesome pair. Even if they are not bright enough themselves to read between the lines, you'd think their agents and managers, those Mr Ten Percenters, would have the nous to warn them to steer clear.

Charities who embrace them as recognisable 'names', only to have those 'names' using the charity for their own ends. They will rue the day, surely.

Politicians and the civil servants who advise them - all suckered in like gullible little lambs? Then heaven help the UK.

The media, and especially the dead tree press. Ruthless beyond words, normally. But behaving like willing slaves and gimps to their masters, the McCanns.

So-called 'experts' - example, the late Ray Wyre, who declared the McCanns to be as innocent as the day they were born after KM took his wife a bunch of flowers and complimented her on her home-made dessert. So that's alright then.

All of these people have achieved something in life. In most cases you have to be reasonably street-smart to do that - but all of 'em melting like warm ice-cream in front of the McCanns.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that some kind of stage hypnotism had been going on ...




almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Panda on Tue 10 Apr - 12:15



Morning almostgothic, most of this was spin from day 1 , the only reason we, the forums, know more than the Public is because we have seen the Files
released by the PJ. The Press have as well, but they got burned describing the Tapas Group as swingers etc so will not offer a word of criticism any more and are quite happy to increase Sales (or so they think) by receiving News Bulletins from Clarence.

I am beginning to wonder if the Trial McCanns v Amaral has been deliberately delayed until Amaral v Correia is over. If Amaral loses, his credibility for
the McCann case will be sorely dented. How long ago was it the McCanns brought the action?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Tue 10 Apr - 12:46

This is what I just can't figure out - the naivety of those who have supported, promoted and bankrolled the McCanns.

Hard-nosed businessmen who in any other circumstances would never throw good money after bad.

Gushing celebs eager to associate themselves with the gruesome pair. Even if they are not bright enough themselves to read between the lines, you'd think their agents and managers, those Mr Ten Percenters, would have the nous to warn them to steer clear.

Charities who embrace them as recognisable 'names', only to have those 'names' using the charity for their own ends. They will rue the day, surely.

Politicians and the civil servants who advise them - all suckered in like gullible little lambs? Then heaven help the UK.


Almostgothic.....this was in the early days, all done for one reason, to be seen helping, Government assistants yes, anyone gave a £50 donation to the labour party probably would have had the same assistance, (times have changed since the Needham days I'm sure if had happened now the Needhams would have probably had the help also).
Where are all the celbs and hard-noised businessmen today??, not many of them would help them now imo

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  MaryB on Tue 10 Apr - 12:54

It's becoming clearer by the day which way this is going. That is the outcome of the review will be a recommendation to follow up leads of would be abductors and other suspicious people who might have been in PDL at that time. And then it will be up to the Portuguese authorities whether or not to re-open the case. Kate McCann is being invited to Downing Street. If they were going to be in any way blamed or implicated in this review this just wouldn't happen. That is my opinion.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  cass on Tue 10 Apr - 13:16

MaryB wrote:It's becoming clearer by the day which way this is going. That is the outcome of the review will be a recommendation to follow up leads of would be abductors and other suspicious people who might have been in PDL at that time. And then it will be up to the Portuguese authorities whether or not to re-open the case. Kate McCann is being invited to Downing Street. If they were going to be in any way blamed or implicated in this review this just wouldn't happen. That is my opinion.
mary i felt sick with disgust when kate mcann was going to downing street . but looking back . how the hell could they NOT be included . the press would have a field day . more spin and gut churning headlines - poor kate and gerry no invite bla bla . as much as i hate the idea and it makes me sick to the stomoch that neglecting parents at the very least have a invite . the poor poor me headlines would be far worse . enough rope and all that

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Partly agree with both TEIN and Panda

Post  comperedna on Tue 10 Apr - 13:20

Firstly GM is a presumably hard working, very ambitious, but otherwise not anything special, medic: a cardiologist. If you work in that field you acquire further qualifications, and professional positions as time goes by, and get invited to be on committees etc. This cannot account for any extra help he received when his daughter 'went missing'. I do think he may have had a fair few contacts by chance, and politically, who got roped in by him and by family members... After that... like Topsy... it just grew. GM is a superb self publicist, and he just went for it! The whole shebang got out of hand, and became an amazing money-spinner for the pair of them too. Once on the crazy roundabout GM and KM are stuck on it... and it just whirls around faster and faster... I know we have only a few small snapshots of them, even after 5 years, but GM and his wife seem to have very limited wider interests or knowledge outside their profession... they do tennis and running... and the status they likely feel their job gives them makes them appear a mixture of arrogant and ignorant... and also, of course, utterly driven, to protect their acquired social position. Neither KM nor GM were born with silver spoons in their mouths... M herself seems almost to have been forgotten, despite occasional comments from her parents about 'the search' for her. The emphasis now is all on the parents themselves and their doings as faux celebs, and on their reputation management. (NB I am not a conspiracy theorist. I think the simplest solutions are likely to be the correct ones. A few pieces of the jigsaw as to what happened remain a mystery. I know my best guess... but it is just that, so not to be posted here. On bad days I do think the SY 'result' could simply exonerate the PJ in the eyes of the British press, say everything that can be done has been done, and that M was abducted by person or persons unknown, and that there are no further leads to follow. On good days I think otherwise, and believe both police forces in co-operation will come up with a result... Why ever would all that money be spent, in hard economic times, merely to come up with a nil outcome!)

comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 855
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Panda on Tue 10 Apr - 13:24

MaryB wrote:It's becoming clearer by the day which way this is going. That is the outcome of the review will be a recommendation to follow up leads of would be abductors and other suspicious people who might have been in PDL at that time. And then it will be up to the Portuguese authorities whether or not to re-open the case. Kate McCann is being invited to Downing Street. If they were going to be in any way blamed or implicated in this review this just wouldn't happen. That is my opinion.

Hi MaryB,

I definitely think this is endgame , especially for the Portugese who have spent millions of Euros on this case without a word of thanks or appreciation from the McCanns. Now SY and LP have spent over £5 million so the U.K. Government will certainly not sanction any more Taxpayers money. As I
said earlier , after 10 months the SY team have not found any evidence of leads not chased up, leads which would have dried up by now anyway.
Oporto Police have been brought in as independents from the original team and will go throught the motions but a joint Statement will be issued by
SY and Oporto that an extensive search and appraisal of all the evidence they see no reason to amend the Final Report , which raised 4 conclusions,
including that Madeleine died in 5a which obviously doesn't please the McCanns.

David Cameron was caught when the McCanns sent an open letter reminding him of the loss of his son (sick b***ers) and is only inviting Kate because she has jumped on another Charity bandwagon to gain attention.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  mossman on Tue 10 Apr - 14:26

comperedna wrote:Firstly GM is a presumably hard working, very ambitious, but otherwise not anything special, medic: a cardiologist. If you work in that field you acquire further qualifications, and professional positions as time goes by, and get invited to be on committees etc. This cannot account for any extra help he received when his daughter 'went missing'. I do think he may have had a fair few contacts by chance, and politically, who got roped in by him and by family members... After that... like Topsy... it just grew. GM is a superb self publicist, and he just went for it! The whole shebang got out of hand, and became an amazing money-spinner for the pair of them too. Once on the crazy roundabout GM and KM are stuck on it... and it just whirls around faster and faster... I know we have only a few small snapshots of them, even after 5 years, but GM and his wife seem to have very limited wider interests or knowledge outside their profession... they do tennis and running... and the status they likely feel their job gives them makes them appear a mixture of arrogant and ignorant... and also, of course, utterly driven, to protect their acquired social position. Neither KM nor GM were born with silver spoons in their mouths... M herself seems almost to have been forgotten, despite occasional comments from her parents about 'the search' for her. The emphasis now is all on the parents themselves and their doings as faux celebs, and on their reputation management. (NB I am not a conspiracy theorist. I think the simplest solutions are likely to be the correct ones. A few pieces of the jigsaw as to what happened remain a mystery. I know my best guess... but it is just that, so not to be posted here. On bad days I do think the SY 'result' could simply exonerate the PJ in the eyes of the British press, say everything that can be done has been done, and that M was abducted by person or persons unknown, and that there are no further leads to follow. On good days I think otherwise, and believe both police forces in co-operation will come up with a result... Why ever would all that money be spent, in hard economic times, merely to come up with a nil outcome!)


Spot on

We have had the benefit of hingsight, of reading the pj files and the unfortunate benefit of watching that pair giving interviews over the last number of years. But if you go back in time to the moment things were happening, those who were called in to help had no reason to believe anything other than what they were told. Even the police worked on the abduction theory for a while, albeit with suspicion, but they still went ahead on that basis.

The McCanns had contacts who had contacts and these got used. I think it as simple as that. Gerry likes to see himself as a player and I would imagine he always did. It was good PR for those who like the limelight as well, little English girl missing, they have been asked to help. Nobody at the receiving end of a call for help was going to say hold on are you sure the parents are not involved. Not at that time. We can see it now. They can see it now. But not at that time.

Had the outcome been different, say there was evidence of abduction and Madeleine has still not been found, I wonder if we would find all of the assistance so strange. Would we merely think well they obviously were connected, used their contacts to the best of their ability, for all the good it did.

But the ship has been well and truly abandoned now. Where are all of these people now ? With the benefit of hindsight, they are keeping their heads down and hoping this does not come back to bite them I imagine.

The McCanns look a lonely couple these days, only Clarence Mitchell stands by their side. The holiday friends are no where to be seen. They wander from country to country trotting out the same rehearsed speech. Even the press have taken a back seat. They have got their fingers burned, they know they have CR to fight. So they say nothing, they sit and wait. And wait they will. They will have a field day when the money to pay carter ruck runs out or when they McCanns are brought to justice. Nobody wins against the press and they will make sure they recoup every penny they paid out in damages through the sale of sensational headlines. They will be ruthless.

Was there a letter written saying Dear Kate please come to Downing Street ? We do not know. But in Kate's mind it will be for her and her alone. Just the same as the Pope. But it is immaterial, imo. It is only right that it is business as usual for Downing Street and for Scotland Yard. They need to carry on as normal, and normal would be to have the McCanns present at an event such as this. Once they are ready to swoop things will no longer be normal and I think swoop they will. It will be a sudden, sharp shock.

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Guest on Tue 10 Apr - 14:53

mossman, that's it to a "T"

And, fortunately, SY are not likely to subscribe to a whitewash of any kind, but of course we will not have even a glimmer of what they have found until the denouement: They will not drip feed ambiguous snippets to either the public or the any suspects.

I am confident that the matter will be properly and justly resolved in due course.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  interested on Tue 10 Apr - 15:24

"You would be forgiven for thinking that some kind of stage hypnotism had been going on..." (From almostgothic)

I have often thought of it as a cult. I just don't get it.

interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2391
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror:Madeleine McCann case on verge of being formally reopened.

Post  Sponsored content Today at 23:29


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum