Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  Guest on Wed 11 Apr - 16:46

Will Mister Gerry be howling the place down at how incompetent they are, how many leads they missed, and that they haven't taken him seriously? Because let's face it, ten months in, if Maddie was going to be found, then surely NSY would have done it by now. They are all hard bitten coppers, they know that if they have any leads at all then they have got to move fast, and so far there has been nothing. Nada, zero, zilch.

What happens if NSY decide there's nothing to find? No further action that can be taken? What will the McCanns do then?

Should be interesting.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  Guest on Wed 11 Apr - 17:10

I though SY were carrying out a Review in the first instance - not an Investigation per se, or even a search (That latter element is one thing they have in common with Heay & McCann)?

Our expectations really should take into account the terms of reference of SY's involvement, rather than being governed by hope that they will ride triumphantly into town bearing many scalps.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  MaryB on Wed 11 Apr - 19:59

I must say I don't quite understand how this review works. Say they found buried in the files a red hot lead. One which would lead to the abductor. Surely they would be right on the track of this person immediately. And not hand in a report in a year or so saying they'd found this really good lead which should be followed up. It's really all a bit odd to say the least. Where is the urgency. In view of the fact there is supposed to be a child of eight who has been with what is probably a very dangerous person for nearly four years. and this dangerous person could strike again at any time.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  Guest on Wed 11 Apr - 20:04

I should have thought that a "showstopper" revelation would be communicated forthwith to the Portuguese for urgent consideration by their Judiciary with a view to rendering the Investigation live once more.

Let's not forget that much will be going on out of public view and I'd be very surprised if there is anything less than total and continuous cooperation between all interested Police Forces.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  malena stool on Wed 11 Apr - 20:16

Will SY recommend that the forensic and canine evidence previously trashed by a certain 'knowledgeable' amateur should be accepted as pertaining to Madeleine's disappearance?

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13250
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  mossman on Wed 11 Apr - 20:33

What if the review has nothing to do with helping the mccanns but in fact was instigated with the sole purpose of reviewing the files to see if the gruesome twosome could be charged with a crime, because new information had come to light that none of us know about ?

I know - I am watching too much television crime dramas

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  Guest on Wed 11 Apr - 20:47

I don't think there is (or ever has been) any question that the Review was instigated to help Healy & McCann. The idea might well have already been more or less fully formed before the plea from Madeleine's parents - indeed it would not surprise me if Clarence got wind and decided to get Healy & McCann to appear to be the driving force.

Cameron is no fool, neither are those whose counsel he will have sought and it may well be that he has no strong view about the potential innocence or guilt of Healy & McCann but genuinely saw the need to do something worthwhile (although clearly that hasn't happened in other Cases,, so like much else we speculate upon my hypothesis is flawed).

Whatever his motivation, he surely has no axe to grind whichever way it goes?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  maive on Wed 11 Apr - 23:08

mossman wrote:What if the review has nothing to do with helping the mccanns but in fact was instigated with the sole purpose of reviewing the files to see if the gruesome twosome could be charged with a crime, because new information had come to light that none of us know about ?

I know - I am watching too much television crime dramas

Me too!! Actually, for me it's more TRUE Crime dramas

But you know what? Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction.. We never know, you could be right!!!

We will see.. Soon, we will know if all that BS will be exposed.. Their fund, their «sightings» around the world, their lies.. Soon...

I am ready for a sort of «whitewash», not total but partial... something likes «inconclusive»... BUT I am positive, SY is a well respected Police Force, and everything points toward the McCanns.. As simple as that..


maive
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Location : Quebec
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  Wintabells on Wed 11 Apr - 23:45

mossman wrote:What if the review has nothing to do with helping the mccanns but in fact was instigated with the sole purpose of reviewing the files to see if the gruesome twosome could be charged with a crime, because new information had come to light that none of us know about ?

I know - I am watching too much television crime dramas

Well, SY seem to be focussing on existing evidence in order to find the 'truth' of what happened to Madeleine, so it may well be they're looking to see if the exisiting evidence (ie. statements) and the information contained within them leads them to understand better what the 'truth' is about Madeleine's disappearance. It could be the case that the 'truth' can be established by looking very closely at what was said by the Tapasniks' about their activities between 5.30pm and 10pm on May 3rd and this 'truth' could be that they lied. That, would surely be 'new' evidence?


Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1328
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  Panda on Thu 12 Apr - 0:03

I think the McCanns put Cameron on the spot and he thought it would give him Kudos to order a Review publicly, rather than a discreet meeting with
SY to ask them to read the relevant PJ Final Report and let him know what they thought. Even if the PJ did miss a possible lead, five years down the
line would it still be traceable.?

Iv'e said it before, Cameron is a showman, all puff and no substance , even this current trip abroad is a publicity stunt, isn't there usually a Trade
Minister whose sole job is to drum up Trade for the U.K.? If this investigation concurs with the Final Report it means that Madeleine could have died in
5a, which leaves the McCanns still suspect.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  jd16 on Thu 12 Apr - 0:40

5 years....and not one single piece of evidence of an abduction...This is the fact of the matter

Yet we have have plebs like jeremy vine saying anyone who questions this is a ghoul. Says it all really

A very unfree society we really live in

jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  Panda on Thu 12 Apr - 0:58

jd16 wrote:5 years....and not one single piece of evidence of an abduction...This is the fact of the matter

Yet we have have plebs like jeremy vine saying anyone who questions this is a ghoul. Says it all really

A very unfree society we really live in

Tony Blair started the rot in U.K. government with Mandelson and Spin doctor Alistair and now Cameron and his friendship with Murdoch et al proves that old saying "Judge a man by the company he keeps is true

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  malena stool on Thu 12 Apr - 9:00

A blind man on a galloping horse could see the anomalies, holes and discrepancies of the the McCanns and their buddies story lines. So what Scotland Yard who are, after all shrewd professional experienced investigators expected to come up with other than what is on plain view is beyond me.

Karen Matthews has reportedly just been released from prison, still protesting her innocence and demanding lie detector tests etc etc. And who can really blame her or any criminal? Just where is it to end when criminals are able to see evidence gathered and the well proven methods of evidence gathering being publicly trashed in off hand remarks, not by lawyers but the very suspects themselves.


malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13250
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  gillyspot on Fri 13 Apr - 7:21

malena stool wrote:A blind man on a galloping horse could see the anomalies, holes and discrepancies of the the McCanns and their buddies story lines. So what Scotland Yard who are, after all shrewd professional experienced investigators expected to come up with other than what is on plain view is beyond me.

Karen Matthews has reportedly just been released from prison, still protesting her innocence and demanding lie detector tests etc etc. And who can really blame her or any criminal? Just where is it to end when criminals are able to see evidence gathered and the well proven methods of evidence gathering being publicly trashed in off hand remarks, not by lawyers but the very suspects themselves.


I remind myself that DC ordered (sorry "requested") the review BEFORE all the slease between parliament and Murdoch's press came to light. IMO it was intended as a whitewash but will it still be? I am aware that a number of Conservative MPs are unhappy with the McCanns story and the review. Lets hope they speak to DC about their concerns and the truth is allowed to be revealed and justice is finally served.

gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  Panda on Fri 13 Apr - 8:06



All I hope is that the Public can read the Final Report...it would be another nail in the coffin of Democracy in Britain if the Taxpayer cannot see what he has paid for.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Fri 13 Apr - 8:29

Morning Panda, if this case is a "whitewash" then surely Team McCann and Co, SY and Cameron will know that the interest in this case will grow and grow, (mostly due to the over kill by McCanns and their personal TV appearences) imo, there is more and more people interested in this case now then in the last 5 years, I know just by people I bent the ears of since May 2007, who now question not only what happened to Maddy but the Fund also.

I can't really see what Cameron can gain from covering the backs of these people, when he knows of the interest in this case and its growing momentum, it can't be because of the support of the rich backers/celebrities imo they are long gone.
What about his own MP's questioning the McCanns we also have Lord Toby sticking his size 10's in, finally would New Scotland Yard really agree to do a whitewash, I don't think so! Scotland Yard are too busy trying to repair their reputation and certainly arn't going to cover the ar*e of a PM that is not going to be in power for much longer and who imo is connected to the biggest scandal ever to involve NSY, Murdoch, Brooks and Coulson, I bet there is loads more to come out about this which intime will probably have Cameron smack bang in the middle of it, and I'm confident that SY will know that Cameron is on his way out, aimo.

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  Panda on Fri 13 Apr - 9:08

Lillyofthevalley wrote:Morning Panda, if this case is a "whitewash" then surely Team McCann and Co, SY and Cameron will know that the interest in this case will grow and grow, (mostly due to the over kill by McCanns and their personal TV appearences) imo, there is more and more people interested in this case now then in the last 5 years, I know just by people I bent the ears of since May 2007, who now question not only what happened to Maddy but the Fund also.

I can't really see what Cameron can gain from covering the backs of these people, when he knows of the interest in this case and its growing momentum, it can't be because of the support of the rich backers/celebrities imo they are long gone.
What about his own MP's questioning the McCanns we also have Lord Toby sticking his size 10's in, finally would New Scotland Yard really agree to do a whitewash, I don't think so! Scotland Yard are too busy trying to repair their reputation and certainly arn't going to cover the ar*e of a PM that is not going to be in power for much longer and who imo is connected to the biggest scandal ever to involve NSY, Murdoch, Brooks and Coulson, I bet there is loads more to come out about this which intime will probably have Cameron smack bang in the middle of it, and I'm confident that SY will know that Cameron is on his way out, aimo.

Morning LillyoftheValley,

Technically , the Home Office is responsible for the Police and Lord Toby has pointed this out in no uncertain terms. Whatever the Report contains, I
am sure those MP's who objected to the search will not tolerate a D Notice because a) so much public money has been spent. b) Cameron has blotted
his copy book with the "money for dinner" scandal, and friendship with the Murdochs. c) as you say , so many people around the world donated to the Fund. If no evidence is found that the PJ had not chased up every lead, the McCanns will be villified and hopefully disappear .

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  NoStone on Fri 13 Apr - 9:23

When was it that Gerry first mentioned a review - can anyone remember? I seem to recall the gruesome twosome were stood making a press appearence when Gerry mentioned a review and was asked the question - who would carry out such a review - he replied something like - any competant police force.

I think it might have also have been raised before by Clarry in a couple of press statements. If I remember correctly this was all in response to pressure around why they did not ask for the PJ to re-open the case and deflected it into - we would welcome a review.

The timing of the use of and calling for a review is significant. Did their call for a review happen before the PJ files were made public? Either way they seemed to think it was riskless as money was tight and therefore they could bleat on and on about not having one the govt could ill afford - or - they were convinced a review would be in thier favour and whitewash any evidence against them.

I think it was the latter as we were told from day one the brief for the review would not be made public - nor the report. Why would that be? Then Lord Harris got involved and asked awkward questions and yes - the Murdoch thing blew up in lots of people's faces which leaves Cameron, NSY and the review - painted into a corner.

If they come up with nothing hen Lord Harris could well come back and ask for an inquiry as to where the money had gone. If they try to come up with abductiion leads they would have to be very good ones as they would come under lots of scrutiny, and then there must be the pressure on the professionalism of those working on the case who cannot fail but to see the obvious - but who's hands are firmly tied.

Perhaps if Gerry is happy for any competant police force to take the lead in a 'review' - he will be quite happy if this was given to the FBI now that the Mc's have dragged the USA into the mire with Pat Brown, the book and asking for donations generally - if there is a suspicion of fraud with the fund - would'nt they have a right to ask questions anyway? You bet your life if you or I set up a scam to take money off the Americans they would be onto us like a shot! So whats the difference between a bunch of Nigerian crooks trying to email scam money out of Americans and selling a book on the premise that the proceeds will fund a search????

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  Roasted Arizona on Fri 13 Apr - 9:32

Sorry, but the person who said 'Cameron is no fool' has obviously not been watching the same toffee nosed baffoon that I see and hear!

Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 717
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  Panda on Fri 13 Apr - 9:35



I don't remember exactly but they were also moaning that the Case was shelved too soon, which was in 2008.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  malena stool on Fri 13 Apr - 9:40

gillyspot wrote:
malena stool wrote:A blind man on a galloping horse could see the anomalies, holes and discrepancies of the the McCanns and their buddies story lines. So what Scotland Yard who are, after all shrewd professional experienced investigators expected to come up with other than what is on plain view is beyond me.

Karen Matthews has reportedly just been released from prison, still protesting her innocence and demanding lie detector tests etc etc. And who can really blame her or any criminal? Just where is it to end when criminals are able to see evidence gathered and the well proven methods of evidence gathering being publicly trashed in off hand remarks, not by lawyers but the very suspects themselves.


I remind myself that DC ordered (sorry "requested") the review BEFORE all the slease between parliament and Murdoch's press came to light. IMO it was intended as a whitewash but will it still be? I am aware that a number of Conservative MPs are unhappy with the McCanns story and the review. Lets hope they speak to DC about their concerns and the truth is allowed to be revealed and justice is finally served.
I'd like to think this would happen also gilly, but I believe whoever is pulling the strings to protect the McCanns and for whatever the reason, it goes across political party borders as not one query has ever been raised by any member of parliament as to their apparent immunity, (even when admitting on tv to leaving their children baby sitting themselves)while other parents have and still are being prosecuted for very similar acts of child abandonment and abuse. Even child protection agencies are not questioning their inadequacies.
Other parents were and are sent to prison and rightly so, while the McCanns were allowed to tour the world as ambassadors for missing children.... ????

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13250
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  mara thon on Fri 13 Apr - 10:09

As far as I am aware since the day Madeleine was reported as "missing" not one person in any kind of authority has so much as criticised the Mccanns for leaving their children alone, far from it, they have been feted as some kind of modern day saints. Not once have their conflicting and ever changing stories been queried, not once has anyone questioned why the "fund" should be available to support not only the Mccann parents but their wider family, not once has anyone queried just why so many fund raising events were made months in advance, which to my mind virtually stated that they knew Madeleine wouldn't be found. There are many many questions that never seem to have been asked and I very much doubt ever will be.

It really is no surprise that other "less well off" people tried to copy the Mccanns, lose your child, make a fortune. Just exactly what were the favours being called in that led to the British government sending out it's own spokesman and allowed the British press to badmouth the Portugese in the most disgusting and disgraceful way?

Do I think there will ever be any justice for Madeleine? Sorry but no I don't, I'm only surprised there isn't a world shortage of whitewash.

mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7062
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Fri 13 Apr - 13:01



My son and his partner have been away in Edinburgh, he got back late last night, he has just got up but ruhed off, but the first thing he said was that they got talking to a Met Police officer.
They went for a meal in a fancy Indian Restaurant and they got talking to a couple, who they had seen in the Restaurant and then later back in the hotel bar, the Guy worked for NSY, (how the hell they got on about this case I don't know because my son is like my hubby telling me to give up on it and that the McCanns are been well protected and are fed up of me harping on about it) and he told my son to tell me that the McCanns will wish that they had got charged with neglecting their kids.....by the time SY are finished with them.

He has gone off to the gym, can't wait to talk to him when he gets back

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  NoStone on Fri 13 Apr - 13:15

Lillyofthevalley wrote:

My son and his partner have been away in Edinburgh, he got back late last night, he has just got up but ruhed off, but the first thing he said was that they got talking to a Met Police officer.
They went for a meal in a fancy Indian Restaurant and they got talking to a couple, who they had seen in the Restaurant and then later back in the hotel bar, the Guy worked for NSY, (how the hell they got on about this case I don't know because my son is like my hubby telling me to give up on it and that the McCanns are been well protected and are fed up of me harping on about it) and he told my son to tell me that the McCanns will wish that they had got charged with neglecting their kids.....by the time SY are finished with them.

He has gone off to the gym, can't wait to talk to him when he gets back

I hope this is true LOTV - but I also think we should be very careful how this information is handled - neither you or your son wants to get anyone in trouble do they?

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  Guest on Fri 13 Apr - 13:24

Yes, whilst on the face of it, it bodes well, this is no more than an unguarded comment from an individual who was perhaps being indiscreet.

That said, I hope it is well founded !

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What will happen when NSY can't find Maddie, either?

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:02


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum