Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singers help to make run rock

+5
NoStone
margaret
almostgothic
jeanmonroe
Annabel
9 posters

Go down

Singers help to make run rock Empty Singers help to make run rock

Post  Annabel Thu 12 Apr - 11:41

http://www.thisishampshire.net/news/9641120.Singers_help_to_make_run_rock/Singers help to make run rock Images

Singers help to make run rock

1:00pm Wednesday 11th April 2012 in News By Emily Roberts
Singers help to make run rock Singers help to make run rock

MEMBERS of a Basingstoke choir sang at a running race to raise money for the charity Missing People.

Nearly 50 members of the Basingstoke Rock Choir travelled by coach to Regent’s Park in London to sing before the start of the 10k Miles for Missing People run.

Running in the event were Kate and Gerry McCann, whose daughter Madeleine went missing in 2007 when she was just three-years-old, while on holiday with her family in Portugal.

On her justgiving website, Mrs McCann said the charity is “hugely important” and offers a “lifeline to everybody affected by a disappearance.”

Basingstoke Rock Choir leader Glen Harvey joined the McCanns in the 10k race, along with more than 60 other members from his choirs.

He also helped lead 600 Rock Choir members from across the south in a mass singing performance, to entertain the runners before they set off, and celebrities including ITV This Morning’s Gloria Hunniford and children’s TV presenter Kirsten O’Brien.

The rain prevented a second performance taking place after the event, but instead the Rock Choir members sang unaccompanied.

Glen, who runs the Basingstoke Rock Choir at Cranbourne Business and Enterprise College, was awarded a prize for raising £5,447.

He said: “I was delighted to take part, along with our amazing Rock Choir members, and we’re over the moon to have raised so much money for Missing People. I’m really proud of our singing, running and fund-raising, and I’d like to say a big Rock Choir thank you to everyone who gave so generously.”
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Singers help to make run rock Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Singers help to make run rock Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Singers help to make run rock Empty Re: Singers help to make run rock

Post  jeanmonroe Thu 12 Apr - 12:02

...were Kate and Gerry McCann, whose daughter Madeleine "went missing" in 2007.........surely the article writers meant "ABDUCTED" in 2007?

Mrs McCann said the charity is “hugely important” and offers a “lifeline to everybody affected by a disappearance.”

Surely Mrs McCann means "a lifeline to everybody affected by a disappearance or an ABDUCTION"...... dosen't she?
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :
Singers help to make run rock Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Singers help to make run rock Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 12 Apr - 12:24

I'm glad to note how much practice Healy & McCann are getting in running .................
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 12 Apr - 12:37

Quite.

But Clarrie will say they're in training for the Olympics.

A wholly innocent explanation for however many laps they may or may not complete ... blah ...blah ... Singers help to make run rock 294124
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Thu 12 Apr - 12:38

I like the spin -

Basingstoke Rock Choir leader Glen Harvey joined the McCanns in the 10k race, along with more than 60 other members from his choirs

So important are the Mc's they attracted not just one - but 60 other members of the Basingstoke Rock Choir!!! But this is what happens when your celebs you see- you attract people like the Basingstoke Rock Choir - I bet Basingstoke was empty (and grateful) that afternoon!

Singers help to make run rock 23324

NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 12 Apr - 12:38

almostgothic wrote:Quite.

But Clarrie will say they're in training for the Olympics.

A wholly innocent explanation for however many laps they may or may not complete ... blah ...blah ... Singers help to make run rock 294124

Singers help to make run rock 23324 Singers help to make run rock 613255
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 12 Apr - 12:53

NoStone wrote:I like the spin -

Basingstoke Rock Choir leader Glen Harvey joined the McCanns in the 10k race, along with more than 60 other members from his choirs

So important are the Mc's they attracted not just one - but 60 other members of the Basingstoke Rock Choir!!! But this is what happens when your celebs you see- you attract people like the Basingstoke Rock Choir - I bet Basingstoke was empty (and grateful) that afternoon!

Singers help to make run rock 23324

Blimey - it's like The Pied Piper all over again!

Except this time the performers are following the rats ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 12 Apr - 13:21

Come on guys, they are VIP's after all.

It's jolly decent of the gruesome twosome to meet with David Cameron on May 23rd too! Is there no end to their humility, and willingness to help those around them! And of course there's Kate's bewk, a maternal sacrifice for Madeleine in case she may read it someday, even though it does tend to be frighteningly graphic at times, it's the thought that counts. These two just give and keep on giving of themselves don't they!

I'm sure Downing Street is preparing itself as we speak. Singers help to make run rock 912418
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Thu 12 Apr - 13:22

The End Is Nigh wrote:I'm glad to note how much practice Healy & McCann are getting in running .................

Yes why are they doing so much 'charidee' work these days? Need good press in the future?? Singers help to make run rock 25346
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Thu 12 Apr - 13:30

pennylane wrote:

I'm sure Downing Street is preparing itself as we speak. Singers help to make run rock 912418

As are Strangeways and Holloway! Singers help to make run rock 302722 Singers help to make run rock 980535 Singers help to make run rock 29562 Singers help to make run rock 302722
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 12 Apr - 17:04

NoStone wrote:
pennylane wrote:

As are Strangeways and Holloway! Singers help to make run rock 302722 Singers help to make run rock 980535 Singers help to make run rock 29562 Singers help to make run rock 302722

And for the special pair, individually monogrammed institutional blankets Singers help to make run rock Smile
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Thu 12 Apr - 17:21

pennylane wrote:
NoStone wrote:
pennylane wrote:

And for the special pair, individually monogrammed institutional blankets Singers help to make run rock Smile

Pennylane Singers help to make run rock 23324 Singers help to make run rock 23324 Singers help to make run rock 23324

From his cell in Dartmoor Clarry M said - 'the M's have been personally invited to stay at one of Her Majesty's residences on an extended sleepover - as have I but for security reasons he could divulge no further details at this stage and not to expect any further information to be forthcoming for at least the next 25 years' Singers help to make run rock 294124 Singers help to make run rock 294124
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 12 Apr - 17:24

Notice there was no mention of a generous donation from the McCanns......they could have easily donated £1,000, it's all gimme, gimme gimme with
these two.!!! Isn't this the "missing children" group meeting David Cameron?

Thanks Annabel.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 12 Apr - 17:33

NoStone wrote:
pennylane wrote:
NoStone wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Pennylane Singers help to make run rock 23324 Singers help to make run rock 23324 Singers help to make run rock 23324

From his cell in Dartmoor Clarry M said - 'the M's have been personally invited to stay at one of Her Majesty's residences on an extended sleepover - as have I but for security reasons he could divulge no further details at this stage and not to expect any further information to be forthcoming for at least the next 25 years' Singers help to make run rock 294124 Singers help to make run rock 294124
Singers help to make run rock 613255
'Kate and Gerry say they will never give up searching for Madeleine, although present circumstances have severely inhibited their future travel arrangements!' Singers help to make run rock 23324
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 12 Apr - 17:58

pennylane wrote:
NoStone wrote:
pennylane wrote:
NoStone wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Singers help to make run rock 613255
'Kate and Gerry say they will never give up searching for Madeleine, although present circumstances have severely inhibited their future travel arrangements!' Singers help to make run rock 23324

Singers help to make run rock 307691 Singers help to make run rock 23324
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Thu 12 Apr - 20:08

Presume this is referring to the race in March. On KM justgiving page she now has donations of over £3k which is good and I hope this goes to the real charity. There have been a few donations given after the run and the total is from 113 people.

Some family members have rallied after the event, but what puzzles me is I can't find a page for GM so did he accept donations? Was he sponsored or did he just run for the pr? Or did he collect brown envelopes as per Clara's previous instructions?

I also feel that 113 is not a great figure for people who have allegedly 90k+ followeres on facebook alone.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down