Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain''

+20
gillyspot
Lioned
malena stool
jd16
marxman
tanszi
Panda
dutchclogs
wjk
matthew
AnnaEsse
jay2001
NoStone
mara thon
almostgothic
pennylane
margaret
the slave
chrissie
Annabel
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' Empty Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain''

Post  Annabel Fri 20 Apr - 10:07

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

Sky News, Morning News Programme - Presenter Eamonn Holmes, 18 April 2012

Sky News Paper Review

18 April 2012
With thanks to A Miller for transcript

Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain''

Eamonn Holmes: And we are going to start Louise, front page headline, and I hope this is true, there is some foundation to this. This is the front page of the Express Madeleine Spotted in Spain we re coming up to the 5th Anniversary of disappearance of young Madeleine McCann.

Louise Court: I think it's the point you've made Eammon I hope it's true. I mean there's supposedly been this tip-off that a girl looking like Madeleine has been spotted in Nerja the Costa del Sol.

Eamonn Holmes: Nerja would be about 270 miles, if you went right across the coast of Spain and Portugal, away from where she was abducted in Lagos.

Louise Court: And it must be totally the news that her parents want to hear. But I just also wonder how they must feel because, you know, your hopes are lifted and, you know, for them to be dashed again. It's just unbearable.

Eamonn Holmes: But you see, part of me just doubts whether this is true or not, or is it about just keeping the awareness, keeping the profile, keeping us all thinking about it? The parents may be complicit in this, I don't know, and encouraging these stories and keeping them out just to keep people aware. I found myself last week amazingly in Lagos, and then you do that thing - Where was the hotel? Where was the church they went to? Whatever. And you know a beautiful small place and you just wonder how it could have happened? But it is right that we all should be aware of this and we only hope there is some truth in that.

Louise Court: But you always seem to get these sightings in the Mediterreanean and in in these coastal towns. And you think, well if you had taken her you would think that you wouldn't have... you know, why would she only be spotted in those places.

Eamonn Holmes: Well, sometimes it's all very close to home.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' Empty Re: Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain''

Post  pennylane Fri 20 Apr - 10:20

Edit... I just read it more thoroughly Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' 29204

Last edited by pennylane on Fri 20 Apr - 10:26; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' Empty Re: Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain''

Post  NoStone Fri 20 Apr - 10:21

Annabel wrote:http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

Sky News Paper Review

18 April 2012

Eamonn Holmes: But you see, part of me just doubts whether this is true or not, or is it about just keeping the awareness, keeping the profile, keeping us all thinking about it? The parents may be complicit in this, I don't know, and encouraging these stories and keeping them out just to keep people aware. I found myself last week amazingly in Lagos, and then you do that thing - Where was the hotel? Where was the church they went to? Whatever. And you know a beautiful small place and you just wonder how it could have happened? But it is right that we all should be aware of this and we only hope there is some truth in that.

Louise Court: But you always seem to get these sightings in the Mediterreanean and in in these coastal towns. And you think, well if you had taken her you would think that you wouldn't have... you know, why would she only be spotted in those places.

Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' 307691 Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' 307691 Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' 307691 But my god - they will get sued for even thinkiing this let alone broadcasting dispursions!!

Last edited by NoStone on Fri 20 Apr - 10:23; edited 1 time in total
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Apr - 10:21

Lagos? That's near Praia de Luz, but isn't the same place at all!

EH is talking out of his not inconsiderable backside.

Mind you, at least he made reference to the question of complicity by Healy & McCann, which is progress, I suppose.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 20 Apr - 10:26

[b]Eamonn Holmes: But you see, part of me just doubts whether this is true or not, or is it about just keeping the awareness, keeping the profile, keeping us all thinking about it? The parents may be complicit in this, I don't know, and encouraging these stories and keeping them out just to keep people aware. I found myself last week amazingly in Lagos, and then you do that thing - Where was the hotel? Where was the church they went to? Whatever. And you know a beautiful small place and you just wonder how it could have happened? But it is right that we all should be aware of this and we only hope there is some truth in that.

Well at least Eamonn is not taken in by this latest "sighting " Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' 307691
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 20 Apr - 10:27

NoStone wrote:

Sky News Paper Review

18 April 2012

Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' 307691 Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' 307691 Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' 307691 But my god - they will get sued for even thinkiing this let alone broadcasting dispursions!!

OMG Yes Indeed! Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' 307691 Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' 307691 Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' 307691
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 20 Apr - 10:28

I am encouraged by this for some reason. People starting to question.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Fri 20 Apr - 10:32

Blimey Holmes has finally 'got it'.
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Apr - 10:33

I think that Eamonn means only that the McCanns may be complicit in engineering these stories - possibly with good intentions - to make sure that nobody forgets her.

I did think at first that he meant that the McCanns might be complicit in whatever happened to their daughter in the first place - and my opinion of him distinctly improved - but on second thoughts I don't believe he was saying that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Fri 20 Apr - 10:36

Ghouls!! what will jeremy vine and louise mensch be thinking! Eamon's gone and done it now
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Fri 20 Apr - 10:39

jd16 wrote:Ghouls!! what will jeremy vine and louise mensch be thinking! Eamon's gone and done it now

Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' 23324

Well said Eamonn, l couldn't believe what l was reading, l can't believe he said thatm, CR will be firing off a letter as we speak.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 20 Apr - 10:40

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I think that Eamonn means only that the McCanns may be complicit in engineering these stories - possibly with good intentions - to make sure that nobody forgets her.

I did think at first that he meant that the McCanns might be complicit in whatever happened to their daughter in the first place - and my opinion of him distinctly improved - but on second thoughts I don't believe he was saying that.

Absolutely that's what he meant NBY. And you just want to say back to him "Duh, dya think!"

But still what an almighty faux pas the way he worded it! Eamonn Holmes and Louise Court, the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine, discuss the headline in the Daily Express - 'Madeleine 'Spotted in Spain'' 25346

and at least he had the gumption to suggest the obvious.

pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Fri 20 Apr - 10:42

Sky News Paper Review

18 April 2012

Yes Louise - its the image Gerry wants to place in all our heads - why - he's so immersed in trying to project that view that he even imagines Portugal is on the Med. but now you've raised that point be sure TM will be working away at a sighting that disproves the point - where would you like Madeleine to turn up next? Have we had anything in South America at all - Columbian drug barons perhaps - or Argentina trying to do a deal over the Falkland Islands? Anyway no doubt we will get a desciption of another 'Filthy Animal' or someoone with 'malicious intent' - the world is full of them!!
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 20 Apr - 10:42

Too bloody right there mate.

Welcome to our world.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 20 Apr - 10:43

Eamonn Holmes has a large T.V, lollowing and I bet the McCanns are seething, pity our beloved British Press don't stop thinking their readers are
so gullible that they believe these stories. Has anyone who is a Member of Facebook checked out the McCann thread to see what their fans reaction is to this latest fiction.? BTW, I wonder if we will be treated to another T.V. Mocumentary this year?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Fri 20 Apr - 10:50

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I think that Eamonn means only that the McCanns may be complicit in engineering these stories - possibly with good intentions - to make sure that nobody forgets her.

I can see where you are coming from NBY - but he does start off by saying 'part of me just doubts whether this is true'. A question many more peopple should start asking.
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Fri 20 Apr - 10:51

almostgothic wrote:Eamonn Holmes: Well, sometimes it's all very close to home.

Too bloody right there mate.

Welcome to our world.

This is one of the truest thing said in this scam....It is indeed 'very close to home'....very very close!
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Fri 20 Apr - 10:51

Whatever way you look at this, EH is
implying that there exists a possible
sinister motive behind this sighting.
Maybe, the veneer of deceit is slowly
revealing a doubt that is coming to the
surface? About time too.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Apr - 10:52

That's how I read it too, NBY. Big Fat Leopards very rarely change their Big Fat Spots.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Fri 20 Apr - 11:11

If, and I do say "if" this new sighting was engineered, by the parents or anyone else, then some heads should be rolling because such a "story" not only has parents of young girls in that area worried in case they are suddenly pounced on or intimidated by some "well meaning moron" but there is a considerable waste of police time and resources. How many people are going to phone the police and say they've just seen Madeleine? How much time and money will be wasted because the police must go and check out these false accusations? The knock-on effects from this kind of thing are many. If this new sighting has been "engineered" by TM then in my opinion they should all be arrested and charged with giving false information, wasting police time and money. However I won't be holding my breath.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Fri 20 Apr - 11:15

Eamonn Holmes: Well, sometimes it's all very close to home
hint....hint..wink wink :)
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Fri 20 Apr - 11:28

jd16 wrote:

It will be interesting to see if the pro's pile on their vile personal attacks on EH for saying all this!!??
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Fri 20 Apr - 11:29

There seems to be a degree of intelligence
behind these 'sightings'... they arrive singular
and sporadic, which appears on the face of it
as credible. However, given the unprecidented
global media saturation why are sightings not
being reported in droves from everywhere?
It would appear that someone is in 'control' of
sightings and drip-feeding them to the media.
It would not do for 5 sightings to come in from
various places within a short period.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Fri 20 Apr - 11:36

marxman wrote:There seems to be a degree of intelligence
behind these 'sightings'... they arrive singular
and sporadic, which appears on the face of it
as credible. However, given the unprecidented
global media saturation why are sightings not
being reported in droves from everywhere?
It would appear that someone is in 'control' of
sightings and drip-feeding them to the media.
It would not do for 5 sightings to come in from
various places within a short period.

We know from the India 'sighting' how they kept the 'story' from the media for 5 days then allowed them to print all on the same day the following Thursday
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Fri 20 Apr - 11:37

NoStone wrote:
jd16 wrote:

It will be interesting to see if the pro's pile on their vile personal attacks on EH for saying all this!!??

Will EH still have a job next week? He has dared to question the lord almighty's
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next