Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panorama Tonight!!

+41
princess_leia
Panda
jd16
wjk
Oldartform
tanszi
curious george
AnnaEsse
kathybelle
chrissie
cass
maebee
margaret
matthew
tigger
Bebootje
Karen
steve1295
NoStone
dutchclogs
maive
Angelique
Chris
Wintabells
cherry1
welshy
interested
MaryB
Fern
mossman
ShabbyTiger
Roasted Arizona
almostgothic
ann_chovey
tabs
Maggie
chrissie1
LJC
jay2001
quickfingers
Alpine Aster
45 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Panorama Tonight!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Panorama Tonight!!

Post  Oldartform Wed 25 Apr - 20:04

Wasn`t as bad as I thought it would be.

Was it brought forward because of Murdoch appearing at the Leveson Inquiry and they stated that Murdoch pressurised Cameron?

Very bad saying the dogs only found DNA rather than cadaver odour and blood - designed to mislead obviously.

Redwood going all sheepish about saying whether SY review prompted the Porto review - well we know it didn`t because the Porto review started 3 months before the SY one.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
Panorama Tonight!! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama Tonight!! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Wed 25 Apr - 20:05

It seems Robert Murat is no fan of Goncalo Amaral either. Murat spoke on the programme and said Mr Amaral met with Murat and more or less intimated the PJ would pin this on Murat. Murat felt the PJ were under too much pressure to bring somebody to book at a very early stage instead of seeking the truth.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
Panorama Tonight!! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Panorama Tonight!! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Wed 25 Apr - 20:06

Loopdaloop wrote:IT was impartial!!! Thats a positive! and not only was it impartial but it pointed the general public towards the alternate theory... repeatedly AND Showed the dogs!!!

I would not say impartial = what part of the prog pointed the finger at the parents apart from the 5% that said it was only the Portugese people that thought the parents were involved!!?? and the 30% of the prog that tried to bash Amaral for saying as much??

Whoops that makes it 100% pro!!
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Wed 25 Apr - 20:07

To me it was like a double bluff, its a way of telling people not every-one agrees with the Mccanns
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 25 Apr - 20:08

so it was nothing to do with some of the T9 that said he was seen in the vicinity of the apartment that night that led to Murat being investigated. only that G Amaral had to make an arrest.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 25 Apr - 20:08

Well, I thought it was a good programme. I thought the Portuguese and Mr Amaral came across very well. No way are the McCanns home and dry, nothing in that programme pointed to that to me
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Wed 25 Apr - 20:10

NoStone wrote:British dogs found possible traces of DNA in the apt and in the car!

No they did'nt they indicated cadiver and blood!

Are you suggesting that what the dogs 'marked' contained no DNA ?
Fern
Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Wed 25 Apr - 20:10

I can see how the Johnson fellow got sucked in - one can imagine the two of them (clever dick and injured angel) putting their case - he stood no chance.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Wed 25 Apr - 20:11

quickfingers wrote:I didn't think the PJ and Amaral bashing was fair but this programme will have put some ideas in peoples minds I think. How can Amaral's book be a best seller when it hasn't been on sale for years now? Duarte didn't mention the books she was (and maybe still is) holding did she.

They didn't bash Amaral though, they did the interview technique of providing the argument against him so he could give his side of things.
This was the first time I've seen in any mainstream uk media Armaral have the opportunity to say that he wrote the book (plugged as a bestseller) to defend his reputation and he was allowed to expand upon it!
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Wed 25 Apr - 20:11

Loopdaloop wrote:IT was impartial!!! Thats a positive! and not only was it impartial but it pointed the general public towards the alternate theory... repeatedly AND Showed the dogs!!!

Agree, more balanced than other reports, the odd mistake 'the dogs found traces of dna'......(the dogs are not analytical chemists, they sniff)
but it did allow for a different pov rather than the abduction theory. The Murdoch/Sun/Cameron bit was interesting, after Theresa May gave the McCs short shrift.
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Wed 25 Apr - 20:12

wjk wrote:Well, I thought it was a good programme. I thought the Portuguese and Mr Amaral came across very well. No way are the McCanns home and dry, nothing in that programme pointed to that to me
I agree i think they will be shitting bricks in rothley towers
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 25 Apr - 20:12

i agree wjk i thought it was a good programme, some PJ and Amaral bashing, though we expected that. i dont think what was expected was that they would speak to Portuguese police who said that what they believed that an accident happened and Madeleine died hasnt changed. i think that andy redwood it too confident, lets wait and see. he keeps saying that the PJ have sovereignty in this case, so its a let out for him in any event. Also it didnt hold back on the pressure put on Cameron by News International and the Sun to reopen the case. not good for Cameron responding to the puppet strings jimo.

just got to add i did not like Alan Johnson, he is such a slime ball saying that political careful handling, or words to that effect, will bring about the desired result. He felt the treatment of the McCanns was disgraceful. Hey Alan go have a word with John Buck he appears to disagree with you, and he was there giving all the assistance he could and he still fel things werent right with what the McCs were saying. I jimo.snt that why were here today, too much political interference.

Last edited by tanszi on Wed 25 Apr - 20:16; edited 1 time in total
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Wed 25 Apr - 20:12

chrissie1 wrote:To me it was like a double bluff, its a way of telling people not every-one agrees with the Mccanns

Thats how I took it too!! especially as the SY guy did not give anything away!
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Wed 25 Apr - 20:13

Fern wrote:
NoStone wrote:British dogs found possible traces of DNA in the apt and in the car!

No they did'nt they indicated cadiver and blood!

Are you suggesting that what the dogs 'marked' contained no DNA ?

Fern - the point being made was that he dogs had indicated DNA that later was found to be inconclusive -

That is not the case - that is misleading. Dogs indicate scent! You should rewind the prog and see the what was actually said!
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 25 Apr - 20:13

ann_chovey wrote:

Agree, more balanced than other reports, the odd mistake 'the dogs found traces of dna'......(the dogs are not analytical chemists, they sniff)
but it did allow for a different pov rather than the abduction theory. The Murdoch/Sun/Cameron bit was interesting, after Theresa May gave the McCs short shrift.

I think the general public will have got quite a strong message from "the dogs found traces of DNA." That would possibly mean more to most people than that the dogs detected cadaver odour and blood.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 25 Apr - 20:13

Argh we were putting updates on the other panorama thread but after watching l do have more with in redwood it certainly wasn't a pro fest at all.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Fern Wed 25 Apr - 20:14

Overall I felt the programme came across as rather balanced.

(What did strike me was just how much Mr A has aged in the past 5 years, goodness me what a change)
Fern
Fern
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Female
Number of posts : 515
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Wed 25 Apr - 20:15

[quote="tanszi"]i agree wjk i thought it was a good programme, some PJ and Amaral bashing, though we expected that. i dont think what was expected was that they would speak to Portuguese police who said that what they believed that an accident happened and Madeleine died hasnt changed. i think that andy redwood it too confident, lets wait and see. he keeps saying that the PJ have sovereignty in this case, so its a let out for him in any event. Also it didnt hold back on the pressure put on Cameron by News International and the Sun to reopen the case. not good for Cameron responding to the puppet strings jimo.[/quote]

Good point Tanszi - very topic - it leaves a big door open given that Carmeron instigated the 'review' with special funding and a given brief!!
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Wed 25 Apr - 20:15

Bit calmer now! Did I miss it or not. Didn't see where closure was mentioned. Maybe more people will access the statements and make their own minds up. OH not obsessed like me and he didn't think it was too bad. Sadly I just can't see how the mainstream press can go on from here and show the parents as guilty.

And they showed the dogs!
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Wed 25 Apr - 20:16

tanszi wrote:so it was nothing to do with some of the T9 that said he was seen in the vicinity of the apartment that night that led to Murat being investigated. only that G Amaral had to make an arrest.

It would be interesting to know if Murat did say anything about the T9 trying to frame him - it probably ended up on the cutting room floor. Just his comments about Mr Amaral and the PJ being under pressure to nail this on Murat.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 25 Apr - 20:17

chrissie1 wrote:
wjk wrote:Well, I thought it was a good programme. I thought the Portuguese and Mr Amaral came across very well. No way are the McCanns home and dry, nothing in that programme pointed to that to me
I agree i think they will be shitting bricks in rothley towers

I didn't manage to watch it, but from what I have read here, it sounds like it was a good programme and if Clarrie had known what it was like, no wonder he didn't look all that pleased in the video where he was talking about the new age-advanced image.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 25 Apr - 20:18

I've rewound mine this is what is says about the dogs...

"It was British police sniffer dogs that changed the way Portuguese detectives were,thinking. The dogs indicated possible traces of DNA in the McCann families flat and hire car. Although this was found to be inconclusive by forensic scientists the Portuguese police made Kate and Gerry McCann arguidos, or suspects, in their daughter disappearance"
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 25 Apr - 20:18

jay2001 wrote:Bit calmer now! Did I miss it or not. Didn't see where closure was mentioned. Maybe more people will access the statements and make their own minds up. OH not obsessed like me and he didn't think it was too bad. Sadly I just can't see how the mainstream press can go on from here and show the parents as guilty.

And they showed the dogs!

They won't, as to do so would prejudice a fair Trial ...............
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  curious george Wed 25 Apr - 20:18

I thought it came across fairly impartially, but then I noticed Brendan de Beer's name in the end credits. IIRC he's a pro isn't he? Maybe someone can remind me.
curious george
curious george
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 25 Apr - 20:19

Well I interpreted it differently. It said to me the Portuguese police made lots of mistakes and got it completely wrong. And missed lots of important leads that could have led to the abductor. And diplomatic pressure should be put on for the case to be re-opened so closure could come for the poor parents.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next