Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  Panda on Fri 27 Apr - 1:06

THE hunt for Madeleine McCann stalled yesterday as Portuguese cops refuse to reopen the case.

Parents Kate and Gerry McCann were given renewed hope on Wednesday when British police said they believe Madeleine is still alive.

But those hopes were dashed yesterday when Portuguese authorities ruled out reopening their botched original investigation.

One of the country’s top police chiefs insisted there was no fresh evidence in the five-year-old case to warrant a new probe.

And Portugal’s Attorney General said new leads uncovered by Scotland Yard were nothing more than “mere speculation”.

Pedro do Carmo, the deputy head of the criminal police department, said the investigation - which ended in July 2008 - would remain closed.

His comments came just 24 hours after British police reviewing Madeleine’s disappearance said she could still be alive.

Scotland Yard detectives said they had uncovered 195 potential new leads while sifting through 40,000 pieces of information in the case.

They urged their Portuguese counterparts to re-open their search for the youngster, who vanished in May 2007.

But Mr do Carmo yesterday ruled that out.

He said: “There are no new elements at the moment that would allow for the reopening of the inquiry.”

Mr do Carmo said that a team of investigators would continue “to re-examine elements of the inquiry” in collaboration with British police.

But he warned that such a practice was normal and did not mean they will be reopening the case.

He also revealed that the Portuguese police had received “no formal request for the reopening of the inquiry” from UK cops.

Portugal’s Attorney General Fernando Jose Pinto Monteiro later backed up Mr do Carmo’s comments.

A spokeswoman for his office said: “The case will only be reopened if there are credible and relevant new facts, not mere hypotheses or speculation.

“So far we have not received any request for the case to be reopened.

Mr Pinto Monteiro archived the Madeleine investigation in July 2008 and the case cannot be reopened without the permission of his office.

The Attorney General’s office supervises investigations by the Judicial Police, the force in charge of the Madeleine case.

Madeleine, who would now be eight-years-old, vanished from her parents’ holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.

Kate and Gerry, from Rothley, Leics, were dining with friends at a nearby Tapas restaurant at the time of her disappearance.

Police this week issued a new age-progression image of the youngster as she would now look as she approaches her ninth birthday.

The officer leading the review, Det Chief Insp Andy Redwood, said there were 195 “investigative opportunities”.

But he refused to say what evidence they had uncovered to suggest Madeleine was alive.

“Evidence that she is alive stems from the forensic view of the timeline,” he said.

“There were opportunities there for Madeleine McCann to have been taken as part of a criminal act.

“We are developing material we believe represents genuinely new information.

“We would like the case to be reopened. We are working with the police to get ourselves to that position.”

The review was launched last year after a meeting between former Met commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson and the Home Office.

A Met Police spokesman said last night: “Officers conducting the investigative review continue to work closely and collaoratively with the Portuguese authorities.

“There are significant differences in our legal systems. We recognise the law does not allow them to investigate as the case is currently closed.

“We do still believe, however, that there are matters which need to be considered, and therefore we are currently seeking a more formal way of addressing this.”

He added: “We have received a steady flow of calls following yesterday’s appeal and officers are now working through the information.”

The spokesman said there is no official process allowing Scotland Yard detectives to pursue a case under foreign jurisdiction.

He said: “We can’t compel the Portuguese to do anything but we will keep trying and we don’t think this is the end. We will keep lobbying.”

Last night a source close to the McCanns said: “Kate and Gerry agree with what Scotland Yard on Wednesday. They will speak publicly next week.”

Mirror online April 27th, 2012

Hardlinemarxist | 26/04/2012 at 11:55 pm |




Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  Panda on Fri 27 Apr - 1:21



If we hadn't watched the Programme we might have believed all this garbage.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  Annabel on Fri 27 Apr - 6:16

Thank you Panda!

Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Location : Europe
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  kitti on Fri 27 Apr - 7:16

Oh what a surprise....Kate McCann is, as guessed , getting her pink cardi out off the wardrobe as we speak And practicing her head tiltng in the mirror.

Gerry McCann is also practicing his 'lip curdling Elvis look' in front off the bathroom mirror....yet......they haven't quite perfected the look as they haven't needed it for a while as they won't be ready till next week (3rd may coincidence)......


They don't seem to be in any hurry as a week is a long time in a missing child's life....still....they probably think, she's been missing 5 years, one more week won't make any difference!!!!!!


kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  mossman on Fri 27 Apr - 7:22

"Kate and Gerry agree with what SY said on Wednesday". Interesting, which part do they agree with ? As yet, no public mention of the word "re-open" from them or their spokesman as far as I can see.

They are very willing and able to speak about the PJ when they wish. Why not a direct appeal to them to re-open ?

mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  kitti on Fri 27 Apr - 7:28

This was all prepared .....the programme being bought forward , the pj not reopening the case, redwood saying he has asked ....all prepared for next week....the mccanns are so predictable...prepare for outrage and may even see 'tears'.....she's practicing as we speak.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  NoStone on Fri 27 Apr - 7:34

I am intrigued by this -

“We are developing material we believe represents genuinely new information"


How do you develop material into new information by reviewing whats already in the files?? I am sorry but I am still very suspicsious of the review. It feels at times like someone is trying to make some existing information support an abduction. Amaral's comments that the British Police want to limit the PJ to re-opening the case to investigate an abduction ONLY makes me believe that even more.

..and so we can drive a wedge between the Portugese - SY saying there are 195 fresh leads which the PJ will not investigate. I wonder how many of the 195 fresh leads support an abduction and how many an alternative thesis?

I remain in the whitewash brigade I am afraid unless anyone can pursuade me differently!

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  AnnaEsse on Fri 27 Apr - 7:47

kitti wrote:Oh what a surprise....Kate McCann is, as guessed , getting her pink cardi out off the wardrobe as we speak And practicing her head tiltng in the mirror.

Gerry McCann is also practicing his 'lip curdling Elvis look' in front off the bathroom mirror....yet......they haven't quite perfected the look as they haven't needed it for a while as they won't be ready till next week (3rd may coincidence)......


They don't seem to be in any hurry as a week is a long time in a missing child's life....still....they probably think, she's been missing 5 years, one more week won't make any difference!!!!!!


Kitti, they're celebs. They have to give notice so that the public can prepare itself! (Fanfare of trumpets) Kate and Gerry McCann will speak publicly next week.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  Panda on Fri 27 Apr - 8:00


This is the part that cracks me up......are we supposed to wait with bated breath

Last night a source close to the McCanns said: “Kate and Gerry agree with what Scotland Yard on Wednesday. They will speak publicly next week.”

The Queen and Duke make a recent visit to Aberfan to visit the site where a coal landslide smothered a School killing 166 children........did they announce their visit, speak publicly ?

The McCanns definitely need to come down to earth !!!


Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  NoStone on Fri 27 Apr - 8:02

AnnaEsse wrote:
kitti wrote:Oh what a surprise....Kate McCann is, as guessed , getting her pink cardi out off the wardrobe as we speak And practicing her head tiltng in the mirror.

Gerry McCann is also practicing his 'lip curdling Elvis look' in front off the bathroom mirror....yet......they haven't quite perfected the look as they haven't needed it for a while as they won't be ready till next week (3rd may coincidence)......


They don't seem to be in any hurry as a week is a long time in a missing child's life....still....they probably think, she's been missing 5 years, one more week won't make any difference!!!!!!


Kitti, they're celebs. They have to give notice so that the public can prepare itself! (Fanfare of trumpets) Kate and Gerry McCann will speak publicly next week.

Oyez Oyez Oyez!!!
Now heed this!! By Royal accent the Mc's demand an audience of Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, Working Types, Plebs and the Gutter Press from across the land and sea - all to be present and attentive and suitably demur to here their words which will be set in tablets of stone and mounted upon the mountain - a paragon for all to follow!

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  kitti on Fri 27 Apr - 8:02

Camel lady has done her bit in the sun saying the portuguese are slack and pinto is a DOPE.......good grief......why aren't the Portuguese standing up for themselves.....

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  kitti on Fri 27 Apr - 8:08

Can someone tell me.....there are supposedly leads and the pj won't open the case to look Them.......erm.....SY have the files and can see the supposed leads.....why don't they look Into them or are they scared that they will look like plebs by putting out there versions off...pimple man....bundle man and egg man.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  AnnaEsse on Fri 27 Apr - 8:14

NoStone wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
kitti wrote:Oh what a surprise....Kate McCann is, as guessed , getting her pink cardi out off the wardrobe as we speak And practicing her head tiltng in the mirror.

Gerry McCann is also practicing his 'lip curdling Elvis look' in front off the bathroom mirror....yet......they haven't quite perfected the look as they haven't needed it for a while as they won't be ready till next week (3rd may coincidence)......


They don't seem to be in any hurry as a week is a long time in a missing child's life....still....they probably think, she's been missing 5 years, one more week won't make any difference!!!!!!


Kitti, they're celebs. They have to give notice so that the public can prepare itself! (Fanfare of trumpets) Kate and Gerry McCann will speak publicly next week.

Oyez Oyez Oyez!!!
Now heed this!! By Royal accent the Mc's demand an audience of Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen, Working Types, Plebs and the Gutter Press from across the land and sea - all to be present and attentive and suitably demur to here their words which will be set in tablets of stone and mounted upon the mountain - a paragon for all to follow!

It is further announced that Lord and Lady McMuck of Rothley Towers will take legal action against Mrs Windsor of London, who has yet to apologise for potentially ruining the launch of Lady McMuck's book by scheduling a royal wedding without referring to Herself. This action was unhelpful and very hurtful.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  NoStone on Fri 27 Apr - 8:18

kitti wrote:Can someone tell me.....there are supposedly leads and the pj won't open the case to look Them.......erm.....SY have the files and can see the supposed leads.....why don't they look Into them or are they scared that they will look like plebs by putting out there versions off...pimple man....bundle man and egg man.

I was wondering that Kitti - all this - they have the lead role and primacy stuff is being used as a shield to hide behind IMO. Is there anything to stop the PJ saying to SY - go invesitgate your 195 fresh leads yourselfif you want?? Is there anything stopping SY doing it with Portugese permission or not - if so WHAT????

I bet if the ortugese inviteed Sy to go investigate their own leads SY would insist the PJ pass the whole case over to them which would be an unthinkable thing for the Portugese to do.

I wonder what the diplomatic relationship is between our 2 countries right now!??? If SY are putting pressure on the PJ to investigate 195 new leads (of what type we know not but they might be all sightings and wild goose chases) allowing SY and the Mc's to point the finger at them saying they wont re-open the case and investigate - its not good politics is it? But then again I dont think the British Government gives two-hoots about the Portugese right now - hardly strategic partners in the fight against terrorism and austerity are they??

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  Panda on Fri 27 Apr - 8:18


I'm assuming they will appear in the Panorama programme to be shown on 3rd of May , marking the 5th Anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance
with a copy of Kate's new Book in her hand. New Outfit , hairstyle, etc....you have to blame the Media and a very astute PR guy, who has managed to keep the McCanns on the Front Page even thought we don't like him I do give him credit for his manipulation.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Fri 27 Apr - 8:28

kitti wrote:Camel lady has done her bit in the sun saying the portuguese are slack and pinto is a DOPE.......good grief......why aren't the Portuguese standing up for themselves.....



WHY kitti!!!! I like many other people, just can't understand why the Portuguese are happy for this "verble slaughter and ridicule" of them and their Country......would the UK, Cameron and Scotland Yard put up with it,,,, NOWAY.
Imo Potugual are wrong and to blame for all of this, they seem more then happy and prepared to stand by and let this comedy show carry on,,,unless they have an hidden agenda? I very much doubt it though.
Anyone who I come across who say the McCanns are innocent, say if the Mcs where guilty of anything then why haven't the PJ done something about it and why are the McCanns allowed to slaughter the Portguese and they do nothing about it.....says its all really.

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  cass on Fri 27 Apr - 8:29

i have always said that portugal will keep its cards close to its chest - i am now feeling that the time is right to get their own press statement out in the uk - example that they are not looking for ANYONE ELSE regarding this case . they have hinted but little hints arnt enough to stop uk press and the mcanns sticking the boot in , now our police disgusting .

cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1652
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  AnnaEsse on Fri 27 Apr - 8:29

Panda wrote:
I'm assuming they will appear in the Panorama programme to be shown on 3rd of May , marking the 5th Anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance
with a copy of Kate's new Book in her hand. New Outfit , hairstyle, etc....you have to blame the Media and a very astute PR guy, who has managed to keep the McCanns on the Front Page even thought we don't like him I do give him credit for his manipulation.

He may look like a schmuck and sound like a schmuck but he has done a great job for the McCanns.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  jay2001 on Fri 27 Apr - 8:40

Will they take questions? If so, apart from the hundreds that should be asked, just one is really needed to inform the public 'Why didn't you ask the case to be kept open back in 2008, when you had 3 months to do so'?

This fact really should be in the public domain, especially after the crap we've had to endure this last few days.

jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  kathybelle on Fri 27 Apr - 8:43

jay2001 wrote:Will they take questions? If so, apart from the hundreds that should be asked, just one is really needed to inform the public 'Why didn't you ask the case to be kept open back in 2008, when you had 3 months to do so'?

This fact really should be in the public domain, especially after the crap we've had to endure this last few days.

More to the point, why did the McCanns ask for the case to be closed?

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  Panda on Fri 27 Apr - 8:43

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
I'm assuming they will appear in the Panorama programme to be shown on 3rd of May , marking the 5th Anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance
with a copy of Kate's new Book in her hand. New Outfit , hairstyle, etc....you have to blame the Media and a very astute PR guy, who has managed to keep the McCanns on the Front Page even thought we don't like him I do give him credit for his manipulation.

He may look like a schmuck and sound like a schmuck but he has done a great job for the McCanns.

Morning AnnaEsse, yes CM with his wealth of experience and contacts has managed over 5 years to keep the Tabloid Press like lap dogs and the McCanns free from criticsm , obviously the Daily Express payout stopped the Press in their tracks so they all toe the line now.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  Panda on Fri 27 Apr - 8:53


I can't remember the McCanns asking for the case to be closed but think it had more to do with the Tapas 9 refusing to take part in the recon.

If the Portugese react to all the garbage printed by our Press and Andy Redwood doing much for Diplomacy by announcing 195 potential leads they
will go down to the same level of crassness.

All they have to do is deny the case will be re-opened and wait for Scotland Yard to concur that their Final Report is the most feasible.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  Oldartform on Fri 27 Apr - 9:07

jay2001 wrote:Will they take questions?

Will they take questions - now, now, c`mon ............. does the Queen take questions after her Christmas Day message to her people?

Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  Guest on Fri 27 Apr - 9:21

mossman wrote:"Kate and Gerry agree with what SY said on Wednesday". Interesting, which part do they agree with ? As yet, no public mention of the word "re-open" from them or their spokesman as far as I can see.

They are very willing and able to speak about the PJ when they wish. Why not a direct appeal to them to re-open ?

Yes, are they agreeing with the part that said "she might be alive" or the part that said "she might be dead"?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  MaryB on Fri 27 Apr - 10:01

I think the stage is being set for diplomatic pressure on Portugal to re-open the case. And that would mean I think a search for the abductor and for Madeleine who may be being held by this person.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Mirror online ....McCanns will speak publicly next week.

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:10


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum