Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Would this be a logical assumption

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would this be a logical assumption

Post  MaryB on Sat 28 Apr - 10:25

It is difficult to know exactly what the policeman said in that panorama programme. Was he saying that he was 100% sure Madeleine was abducted. But I think he was saying that he believed she was still alive.

Now, logically if there is no credible trace of Madeleine's whereabouts after 3rd May, how can he say that. Unless he believes one or more of the sightings is credible. And where is the sense of urgency. Yes she is still with the abductor but it's taken us a year to trawl through all this paperwork and we're only a quarter of the way through. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  Carolina on Sat 28 Apr - 10:30

Mary, you're the only one who is confused. When I read the transcript of Redwood on Daybreak you come to the conclusion that he actually says nothing.

Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Age : 70
Location : Algarve, Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  Guest on Sat 28 Apr - 11:01

Carolina wrote:Mary, you're the only one who is confused. When I read the transcript of Redwood on Daybreak you come to the conclusion that he actually says nothing.

Correct - and that is how it should be

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  almostgothic on Sat 28 Apr - 11:07

And he needs to keep on saying nothing until he has the perpetrators (and those who obstruct justice on their behalf) nailed.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  jd16 on Sat 28 Apr - 11:07

On Daybreak he was asked "(Why) Do you believe she is still alive?....DI Redwood: "I believe she’s still alive because, at the beginning of this case…it’s a huge privilege for us at the Metropolitan Police to be part of this investigation…er, investigation review. Is that we came with a completely open mind"

This is his word for word answer!!!

jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  Guest on Sat 28 Apr - 11:09

Well you try saying nothing during an Interview when all you really want to do is to blurt out "We're going to bang Healy, McCann and several others up"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  MaryB on Sat 28 Apr - 11:14

I'm none the wiser. I must just be thick!!! I would have been happy if he had said all scenarios are being thoroughly investigated and looked into. But I didn't think he exactly said that. He more or less said we must look for Madeleine and find her. But did he say too much about finding the abductor or gang of people. Not really. Still confused. Never mind!!!!!

MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  tanszi on Sat 28 Apr - 11:15

quite he should shut up, stop acting like a celeb, keep close to his chest anything he knows, stop parroting K and G McC, get off his arse and "develop the evidence", and tell K and G that a reconstruction is really needed in Praia da Luz with all present to analyse the timing. Didnt G McC say something once about how they wanted to generate evidence, well hes found his pal hasnt he. HasDCI forgotten that the film made by K and G had K's part ending up on the cutting room floor because they couldnt fit it it. Is there any other Police Investigation where the lead DCI appears on Daybreak to say absolutely nothing.

So the aim of the review is to find pieces of information to hand to the Portuguese, i think this colonial style of policing puts the UK in the wrong light, put that together with a previous Home Secretary suggesting that a diplomatic charm offensive is required (political pressure) and youve got the nub of it. they want to pass it back to the PJ, whats the point of spending £2m plus pound to announce that Madeleine is dead or alive. All because two parents wouldnt fork out money for a babysitter. jimo.

i really think he had read those statements, with all the ums, errs, and not answering the question, because thats exactly what DCI is doing. its catching. um

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3096
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  kitti on Sat 28 Apr - 11:23

I would like to ask redwood....have you actually asked the pj to reopen the case?


And....you say you believe she is alive ....now either you are a very thick person and that worries me a lot as you are supposedly a police officer and if you say that after reading the files.....then how many people are languishing in our jails that are totally innocent and how many people are walking our streets that are wholly guilty if there are more people like you working in the force or....you believe she is alive because you think the mccanns are reposponsible for the 'abduction' hence the efit...it doesn't explain away the dogs I know that but something's not quite right with what you are saying...

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  kitti on Sat 28 Apr - 11:26

Don forget the smirk tanzi.....redwood is doing that too now.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgjd0S7QSLE





Have a look at this lol.....

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  jd16 on Sat 28 Apr - 11:27

A comment in the French press yesterday sums it up for me:

"and what do the English do? They tell journalists. Well done. Let's think.... you believe a missing little girl is alive somewhere, you have 195 leads, and what do you do.....you make a statement to the press. That looks more like PR, a pretence of working

jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  jd16 on Sat 28 Apr - 11:29

tanszi wrote:
i really think he had read those statements, with all the ums, errs, and not answering the question, because thats exactly what DCI is doing. its catching. um

The 'you knows' started during the Daybreak interview

jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  devonmum on Sat 28 Apr - 11:35

He can't say he believes she is dead!

look what happens to people who say that, he would be off the case or sued.

devonmum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 185
Age : 56
Location : plymouth. devon
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  Guest on Sat 28 Apr - 11:46

devonmum wrote:He can't say he believes she is dead!

look what happens to people who say that, he would be off the case or sued.

He can't say anything at all OF ANY VALUE about what is going on and what their true priorities and findings are.

And he didn't.

And he continues to say nothing.

And he will continue to say nothing.

For now.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  Claudia79 on Sat 28 Apr - 14:32

jd16 wrote:On Daybreak he was asked "(Why) Do you believe she is still alive?....DI Redwood: "I believe she’s still alive because, at the beginning of this case…it’s a huge privilege for us at the Metropolitan Police to be part of this investigation…er, investigation review. Is that we came with a completely open mind"

This is his word for word answer!!!


Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 28 Apr - 14:35

Claudia79 wrote:
jd16 wrote:On Daybreak he was asked "(Why) Do you believe she is still alive?....DI Redwood: "I believe she’s still alive because, at the beginning of this case…it’s a huge privilege for us at the Metropolitan Police to be part of this investigation…er, investigation review. Is that we came with a completely open mind"

This is his word for word answer!!!


It's an invasion of the Stepford Police!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18416
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  NoStone on Sat 28 Apr - 14:42

Claudia79 wrote:
jd16 wrote:On Daybreak he was asked "(Why) Do you believe she is still alive?....DI Redwood: "I believe she’s still alive because, at the beginning of this case…it’s a huge privilege for us at the Metropolitan Police to be part of this investigation…er, investigation review. Is that we came with a completely open mind"

This is his word for word answer!!!


Claudia - he speaks in riddles just like the Mc's and the Tapas crew. But what he has said this week has been of great value to the Mc's PR campaign giving more opportunities to basjh Portugal, the PJ and Amaral. He should have said nothing in my view.

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  Claudia79 on Sat 28 Apr - 14:45

AnnaEsse wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
jd16 wrote:On Daybreak he was asked "(Why) Do you believe she is still alive?....DI Redwood: "I believe she’s still alive because, at the beginning of this case…it’s a huge privilege for us at the Metropolitan Police to be part of this investigation…er, investigation review. Is that we came with a completely open mind"

This is his word for word answer!!!


It's an invasion of the Stepford Police!


Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  Claudia79 on Sat 28 Apr - 14:46

NoStone wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
jd16 wrote:On Daybreak he was asked "(Why) Do you believe she is still alive?....DI Redwood: "I believe she’s still alive because, at the beginning of this case…it’s a huge privilege for us at the Metropolitan Police to be part of this investigation…er, investigation review. Is that we came with a completely open mind"

This is his word for word answer!!!


Claudia - he speaks in riddles just like the Mc's and the Tapas crew. But what he has said this week has been of great value to the Mc's PR campaign giving more opportunities to basjh Portugal, the PJ and Amaral. He should have said nothing in my view.

Sometimes the difference between keeping silent and speaking is that speaking may clarify some doubts. In this case, if Redwood had kept silent we would still be wondering whether he was stupid or not.

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  NoStone on Sat 28 Apr - 14:53

Claudia79 wrote:
NoStone wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
jd16 wrote:On Daybreak he was asked "(Why) Do you believe she is still alive?....DI Redwood: "I believe she’s still alive because, at the beginning of this case…it’s a huge privilege for us at the Metropolitan Police to be part of this investigation…er, investigation review. Is that we came with a completely open mind"

This is his word for word answer!!!


Claudia - he speaks in riddles just like the Mc's and the Tapas crew. But what he has said this week has been of great value to the Mc's PR campaign giving more opportunities to basjh Portugal, the PJ and Amaral. He should have said nothing in my view.

Sometimes the difference between keeping silent and speaking is that speaking may clarify some doubts. In this case, if Redwood had kept silent we would still be wondering whether he was stupid or not.

Claudia!!!

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  mumbles on Sat 28 Apr - 14:55

NoStone wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
NoStone wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
jd16 wrote:On Daybreak he was asked "(Why) Do you believe she is still alive?....DI Redwood: "I believe she’s still alive because, at the beginning of this case…it’s a huge privilege for us at the Metropolitan Police to be part of this investigation…er, investigation review. Is that we came with a completely open mind"

This is his word for word answer!!!


Claudia - he speaks in riddles just like the Mc's and the Tapas crew. But what he has said this week has been of great value to the Mc's PR campaign giving more opportunities to basjh Portugal, the PJ and Amaral. He should have said nothing in my view.

Sometimes the difference between keeping silent and speaking is that speaking may clarify some doubts. In this case, if Redwood had kept silent we would still be wondering whether he was stupid or not.

Claudia!!!

There should be a thread here entitled 'Best quote of the week'... and that one would win hands down!
Brilliant.

mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  kitti on Sat 28 Apr - 15:56

Best quote off the week........'we are working on the basis off two possibilities here: one is that Madeleine is Still alive and the second, that she is sadly dead'. and it took 2m for redwood to figure that one out!!!

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  Guest on Sat 28 Apr - 16:12

The point is, he has little option to give an ahem "balanced" view like that.

What else could he say without breaching confidence and possibly prejudicing the investigation review?

Caught between a rock and a hard place, I think he served us well.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  NoStone on Sat 28 Apr - 16:17

kitti wrote:Best quote off the week........'we are working on the basis off two possibilities here: one is that Madeleine is Still alive and the second, that she is sadly dead'. and it took 2m for redwood to figure that one out!!!

Ha Ha! Kitti

If the possibility of her being aliive is based on the forensic analysis of the timeline indicating an opportunity that she had been 'taken' - then on what grounds are they basing the possibility that she is dead on exactly?? Hmm??

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 28 Apr - 16:34

kitti wrote:Best quote off the week........'we are working on the basis off two possibilities here: one is that Madeleine is Still alive and the second, that she is sadly dead'. and it took 2m for redwood to figure that one out!!!

I could say the same thing about my cat who disappeared in 1996 since I haven't seen hide nor hair of him since!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18416
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Would this be a logical assumption

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:09


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum