Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Eilis O'Hanlon: The sad rise of cyber courts full of Twittering bullies

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Eilis O'Hanlon: The sad rise of cyber courts full of Twittering bullies

Post  mumbles on Sun 29 Apr - 19:51

Eilis O'Hanlon ‏ @eilisohanlon Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@ColonelMustard6 @DodgyDrPayne BTW, I don't believe Madeleine is alive either, but unprofessional to discount other options. #mccann

mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused on Sun 29 Apr - 20:15

Do we need a call to arms, to regroup, or shall we just shut up and go away. No, thought not.

dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 on Sun 29 Apr - 20:17

Isnt it the mccanns and their mates who have to regroup........

like in the Rothley Arms Hotel!

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6187
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules on Sun 29 Apr - 20:29

I don't think this article is really as pro as it at first seems. It mentions the scent of death in the flat which was not actually stated in the Panorama programme. I think she's trying to goad people into responding.

fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta on Sun 29 Apr - 20:39

"In truth, it seems highly unlikely that Madeleine will ever be found alive, regardless of last week's optimistic headlines. Most children abducted by strangers are killed within hours of being taken. There's also the fact that sniffer dogs detected the scent of death in the McCanns' holiday apartment, strongly suggesting that Madeleine may have died that very first night. Sniffer dogs are not 100 per cent reliable; the evidence of their noses only an indicator which needs to be confirmed by other means. But the bathetic title of last week's Panorama -- Madeleine: The Last Hope? -- said it all."

Now this quote is quite hurtful and unhelpful! It is now recorded as fact that the sniffer dogs detected the scent of death. However, she further claims that this detection strongly suggests that Madeleine my have died the very first night. Why the very first night? Why not the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th night?

Interesting also that the author confirms most people's beliefs that Madeleine is more likely dead than alive. Any clear thinking person would have come to that conclusion within just days of Madeleines disappearance, they would not have needed the internet or Amaral's book to reach that conclusion. One has to wonder why then, a high ranking British officer, would truly believe that Madeleine is alive, a belief that goes against all statistics and reason. I mean, I can understand him thinking that she may be alive due to the absence of evidence, but that is an entirely different belief to believing that she is actually alive based on no evidence whatsoever.

Agreed that the article is a piece of work, but I do like the above paragraph, which the McCanns and Carter Ruck will not be too thrilled was included. Also agree with fedrules, posting at same time.

jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger on Sun 29 Apr - 20:43

Or it could simply be that they're flummoxed by the latest developments in the case. As Panorama reported last week in the run-up to the fifth anniversary of the little girl's disappearance from a holiday complex in Praia da Luz, not only has a year-long Metropolitan Police investigation come down firmly on the theory that Madeleine was abducted by a stranger, it also claims to have good reason to believe she is still alive, even releasing an artist's digital impression of how she might look today, as she approaches her ninth birthday.
still alive - sure that she was abducted by a stranger

Which is incredible, when you think about it. Five years on and the most thorough investigation of the evidence -- involving, in Det Chief Inspector Redwood's words, "turning every single piece of paper over and interpreting and analysing what is contained within them" -- has concluded that all those pulp fiction scenarios involving an unstable mother killing her own child and a controlling father disposing of the body, with both then colluding in an incredibly effective manipulation of an entire police force and the world media, were nothing but the poisonous fantasies which Madeleine's parents always said they were.
Actually, a large number of posters think it may have been an accident - the unstable mother idea isn't that popular

In truth, it seems highly unlikely that Madeleine will ever be found alive, regardless of last week's optimistic headlines. Most children abducted by strangers are killed within hours of being taken. There's also the fact that sniffer dogs detected the scent of death in the McCanns' holiday apartment, strongly suggesting that Madeleine may have died that very first night. Sniffer dogs are not 100 per cent reliable; the evidence of their noses only an indicator which needs to be confirmed by other means. But the bathetic title of last week's Panorama -- Madeleine: The Last Hope? -- said it all.
Errm Strongly suggesting she might have died that first night - so that makes it the 29th april? could you enlighten us?

The only consolation for Madeleine's parents is that the growth of the internet has been so swift during the lifetime of their ordeal that the cyber bullies now have so many other victims to pick on that they must necessarily have less energy left over to hammer Kate and Gerry.
Sorry, can't think of anyone more interesting to discuss that the McCanns, it's the best puzzle ever. unquote

I picked out a number of paragraphs - most interesting is the contradiction again that she's alive and almost certainly dead. But on that first night? Does the lady know something we don't?

tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun 29 Apr - 20:54

She's currently making a right tit of herself on twitter. It's really sad.

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles on Sun 29 Apr - 20:55

Dr David Payne ‏ @DodgyDrPayne · Open
@eilisohanlon incidentally, you are the only person here mentioning murder. Why? #mccann

and her reply...

Eilis O'Hanlon ‏ @eilisohanlon Close
@DodgyDrPayne Look, can we just agree that case should be reopened and then see what happens then? I'm fine with that. #McCann

mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic on Sun 29 Apr - 21:14

Eilis O'Hanlon ‏ @eilisohanlon

@DodgyDrPayne PJ could reopen case any time they wanted. It's a free country. Blaming #McCann s for them not doing so is mad.

Look at the sheer ignorance in that tweet.
Another silly moo hack who thinks that the PJ can reopen cases.
And the obvious bias in the second sentence.

Oh and now we're mad as well as idiots.
I'd feel embarrassed for her, except that she's such a piece of work.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles on Sun 29 Apr - 21:19

almostgothic wrote:Eilis O'Hanlon ‏ @eilisohanlon

@DodgyDrPayne PJ could reopen case any time they wanted. It's a free country. Blaming #McCann s for them not doing so is mad.

Look at the sheer ignorance in that tweet.
Another silly moo hack who thinks that the PJ can reopen cases.
And the obvious bias in the second sentence.

Oh and now we're mad as well as idiots.
I'd feel embarrassed for her, except that she's such a piece of work.

I've pointed that out to her but no reply as yet!

mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 on Sun 29 Apr - 21:27

It seems she has done little if no research and has just jumped on the mccann bandwagon
attacking anyone who dares to ask legitimate questions, does that show any real concern
from her for Madeleine! - NO!

cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6187
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone on Sun 29 Apr - 21:54

I dont have Twitter but this looks really interesting - thanks for posting!

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 14:49

Sponsored content