Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maddy case must be reopened: Cop who led the botched Portuguese hunt calls on authorities to act - Mirror

+8
mossman
wjk
Angelina
Chris
kitti
interested
mara thon
quickfingers
12 posters

Go down

Maddy case must be reopened: Cop who led the botched Portuguese hunt calls on authorities to act - Mirror Empty Maddy case must be reopened: Cop who led the botched Portuguese hunt calls on authorities to act - Mirror

Post  quickfingers Mon 30 Apr - 15:06

This is dated 28th April but I haven't seen it before. If it has already been linked here please remove.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-case-must-be-reopened-809771
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :
Maddy case must be reopened: Cop who led the botched Portuguese hunt calls on authorities to act - Mirror Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Maddy case must be reopened: Cop who led the botched Portuguese hunt calls on authorities to act - Mirror Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Maddy case must be reopened: Cop who led the botched Portuguese hunt calls on authorities to act - Mirror Empty Re: Maddy case must be reopened: Cop who led the botched Portuguese hunt calls on authorities to act - Mirror

Post  mara thon Mon 30 Apr - 15:48

I just wonder when we are going to see all the very many unsolved cases in UK with headlines "Cops who Botched Cases". What a disgrace the UK press is these days, they are truly shameful, not a genuine decent honest journalist amongst them it seems.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :
Maddy case must be reopened: Cop who led the botched Portuguese hunt calls on authorities to act - Mirror Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Maddy case must be reopened: Cop who led the botched Portuguese hunt calls on authorities to act - Mirror Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Maddy case must be reopened: Cop who led the botched Portuguese hunt calls on authorities to act - Mirror Empty Re: Maddy case must be reopened: Cop who led the botched Portuguese hunt calls on authorities to act - Mirror

Post  jay2001 Mon 30 Apr - 17:01

Will we ever see the day when these spiteful, vindictive 'journalists' have to apologise for their disgusting headlines and articles?

Doubt it. The Leveson enquiry imo is a total waste of time and money. What's been written about Dr Amaral by various xenophobic writers is truly despicable. I want news, truth and facts not some berk's take on items. I'm old enough now to try and understand what's printed and make my own decisions.

jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 30 Apr - 17:08

Tomorrow is another day: If the tide turns, most Journalists are brazen enough to
change with the wind and think nothing of it. Sell papers, draw Salary.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Mon 30 Apr - 17:39

I don't think you could call any one of them a "journalist", they are more like over the fence gossips, they wouldn't know a real journalist if one jumped up and smacked them on the nose. They are quite simply muck rakers but only rake muck on those they are told to, in other words, they are nothing more than paid lackeys. Any school kid could do what they do and probably make a better job of it too.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Mon 30 Apr - 17:43

Well if Rupert wanted to get his own back for the financial losses he's now undergoing, he could serialise Truth of the Lie. If he printed a few facts about the case he'd probably recoup some money.

(Wow, just become elite - will now put on my dancing shoes and have a tipple. Woopee!)
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Mon 30 Apr - 18:11

jay2001 wrote:Well if Rupert wanted to get his own back for the financial losses he's now undergoing, he could serialise Truth of the Lie. If he printed a few facts about the case he'd probably recoup some money.

(Wow, just become elite - will now put on my dancing shoes and have a tipple. Woopee!)

Wouldn't that be something!!! Can't stand the man and his entire organization but he does have the resources to print the facts of the case AND expose the massive cover-up.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 30 Apr - 18:13

When are the mccanns on t.v......Wednesday...is that because it's the mayor election on Thursday, 3rd may?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon 30 Apr - 18:14

The article is also telling more porkies. I don't believe Amaral has ever called for a Crimewatch style reconstruction - he wants a reconstruction carried out by the parties concerned.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Mon 30 Apr - 18:21

Chris wrote:The article is also telling more porkies. I don't believe Amaral has ever called for a Crimewatch style reconstruction - he wants a reconstruction carried out by the parties concerned.

I thought it was the McCanns who wanted a Crimewatch style reconstruction and refused to do it because it wasn't going to be what they wanted?
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 30 Apr - 18:24

Chris wrote:The article is also telling more porkies. I don't believe Amaral has ever called for a Crimewatch style reconstruction - he wants a reconstruction carried out by the parties concerned.

I have a very clear recollection of the McCanns talking about a "crimewatch" reconstruction. It was Gerry who asked the PJ about the format of a reconstruction and it was he who wanted it to follow the format of "crimewatch" so it would reach a wider audience. When the PJ said it would be nothing more than a reconstruction to benefit them, it was used as a reason for refusal.
Later, iirc, part of the group used the fact that tv cameras would follow them back to PDL if they were to do a reconstruction, as a reason to refuse.
You just cannot win.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 30 Apr - 18:25

Angelina wrote:

I thought it was the McCanns who wanted a Crimewatch style reconstruction and refused to do it because it wasn't going to be what they wanted?
Yes, thats my recollection too, Angelina
As usual, facts don't count in this case.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 30 Apr - 18:26

Angelina wrote:

Sorry Angelina, we posted at the same time Maddy case must be reopened: Cop who led the botched Portuguese hunt calls on authorities to act - Mirror 25346
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Mon 30 Apr - 18:35

I think mistakes were made, but would love to see the full Bilton interview with Dr A. The PJ were thwarted by the UK government interference and iirc the days in Sept when the parents were questioned and declared arguido's plans must've put in place immediately to get the mcs and loads of press on that easyjet flight so quickly. (Wasn't Miliband of the FO involved in the speedy return? Otherwise Mr Green should've supplied the jet.)

I agree they should've been kept apart between interviews, still thanks to Aunty Phil we know the shouting back at base was probably a lot more than effin' tossers!
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 30 Apr - 20:31

jay2001 wrote:I think mistakes were made, but would love to see the full Bilton interview with Dr A. The PJ were thwarted by the UK government interference and iirc the days in Sept when the parents were questioned and declared arguido's plans must've put in place immediately to get the mcs and loads of press on that easyjet flight so quickly. (Wasn't Miliband of the FO involved in the speedy return? Otherwise Mr Green should've supplied the jet.)

I agree they should've been kept apart between interviews, still thanks to Aunty Phil we know the shouting back at base was probably a lot more than effin' tossers!

In the Vanity Fair article (I'll find the link later!) Gerry said that he contacted Sky News with the time of the flight and said "Be on it."

ETA:
“When Gerry and Kate were about to go home to Britain, Gerry phoned Sky News and said, ‘We’re going home on EasyJet, be on it!’ ” recalls Esther Addley, who has written incisively about the McCanns for The Guardian.

Scroll down to page 5

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/02/mccanns200802
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 30 Apr - 21:06

I dont remember the Press vilifying Essex police in this way for their botch ups of the
Barrymore case and Lee Balkwell case, it was Tony who exposed the corruption in
Essex Police with many of them being investigated because of it.

they say the PJ botched it yet it was the UK government who interfered in this case which
led to the shelving of the case along with the Mccanns and mates non co-operation, it was the UK who refused to give the PJ relevant info, that is what they should be reporting, not all these accusations against the PJ.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Mon 30 Apr - 23:50

Wow! "Bungling cop" and "botched investigation" merely because a crime was not solved. How about the bungling neglectful parents and their botched child minding arrangements? Is every investigator considered bungling if he does not solve a crime? Is every unsolved investigation considered to have been botched?

The only mistake the PJ made was to not treat the McCanns as suspects from day one. Had they done that then I have no doubt the McCanns would be behind bars right now.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down