Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dundee's Catholic Church sends message of support to former city student Kate McCann

+9
almostgothic
Annabel
yask27
fred
Justiceforallkids
cherry1
Bobsy
interested
Lillyofthevalley
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dundee's Catholic Church sends message of support to former city student Kate McCann - Page 2 Empty Re: Dundee's Catholic Church sends message of support to former city student Kate McCann

Post  Thistledown Tue 1 May - 18:43

Claudia79 wrote:
Thistledown wrote:Oh my

All the anti-catholic sentiment pouring forth on this thread.

TUT TUT.

so we're all promiscuous binge drinking child neglectors now are we?

I'll get my mum to pray for you all at mass this morning, i'll call her once ive opened my second bottle of wine and shagged the postie.

xxx

I was raised a Catholic. All my family is Catholic and I find your post ridiculous.
Btw, Kate is as much a Catholic as I'm a Queen.

I guess my sense of humour is lost on you and AnnaEsse Claudia.

I was baptised a Catholic but i'm a non-believer and I was just having a wee joke with the forum. I was kind of offended but I made my point in a humorous way.

My response to AnnaEsse was appropriate given the tone she used with me I think.

Anyway, all this 'I'm the moderator here not you' crap has kinda pissed me off as has the 'your post is ridiculous' bit.

Moderator's can say what they like then and insult posters when they don't like what they've written??

That was a rhetorical question, I'll leave you to get on with your wee clique.

Thistledown
Thistledown
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 93
Warning :
Dundee's Catholic Church sends message of support to former city student Kate McCann - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dundee's Catholic Church sends message of support to former city student Kate McCann - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-12

Back to top Go down

Dundee's Catholic Church sends message of support to former city student Kate McCann - Page 2 Empty Re: Dundee's Catholic Church sends message of support to former city student Kate McCann

Post  kathybelle Tue 1 May - 19:07

AnnaEsse wrote:
Annabel wrote:http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/opinion/anne-pickles/the-power-of-faith-1.949458?referrerPath=opinion/ross_brewster

News & Star
Opinion
Anne Pickles

The power of faith

Published at 11:25, Tuesday, 01 May 2012

No two ways about it, the statistical chances now of finding missing Madeleine McCann hover somewhere between slim and nil.

But if any should choose to doubt the all-consuming power of absolute faith, they should look in awe to her parents, Gerry and Kate McCann, who have never – not even for a moment – doubted they will be reunited with their daughter.

They’ll have no truck with statistics.

Only a parent who has lost a child to tragedy could begin to appreciate the pain that loss involves.

Only a parent could dare to imagine which scenario might be preferable – knowing a loved one is safely at peace or clinging to a grain of hope that he or she will one day be home again.

In reality, the McCanns have precious little on which to build their hopes.

A new computer-generated photo, words of comforting encouragement from Scotland Yard. It doesn’t amount to much.

But in the five years since little Maddie left their lives so suddenly, they have constructed a worldwide conscience-case with ability to move mountains.

They will not give up.

They will never stop searching for their daughter.

It’s impossible not to be moved by their determination for longed reunion.

Unconditional love, the kind that recognises no obstacles, accepts no barriers and fights fiercely for its own sake is irresistible.

It can move mountains. Faith of this unquestioning nature has changed the world.

Gerry and Kate McCann have invested all their faith in that power. And frankly, it would seem rudely limited and less than human not to want to do the same – to share their faith.

Police in Portugal do not.

They have said they can find no good reason to reopen the case of missing Madeleine.

They want no more to do with the distraught parents nor with what is believed to be new evidence for investigation.

And former home secretary Alan Johnson didn’t help when he said he wasn’t surprised there was “some resentment” towards the family in Portugal.

Maybe he was right. Desperation, faith and unconditional love are difficult forces to deal with.

They bring screams of frustration at perceived inaction. They combine to produce criticism and are translated too readily as hysterical obsession. A kind of madness.

But what parent in their position wouldn’t act in precisely the same way?

What mother wouldn’t claw ferociously at anyone or anything standing in the way of her holding her lost baby in her arms again?

Police here have refused to say what new evidence they have to suggest Maddie McCann was abducted by a stranger from the family’s holiday flat in Praia da Luz and is still alive.

But their conviction will raise hopes in many who had feared the worst for Maddie.

Not so Gerry and Kate.

For them the flame of hope and conviction has never faltered. And if absolute faith can change the world, it can surely bring a little girl home again to unconditional love.

Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk

Words! And words need to be backed by action. If the McCanns are so full of hope, why don't their actions match this? Why sit in their apartment on the night their daughter disappeared instead of being out there looking? Why not make sure they hired teams of private detectives who had experience of looking for missing children? Why not visit those lawless villages, where their daughter could be living in a hellish lair? Their actions don't match their fine words.

Well said AnnaEsse

If ever there was a time the McCanns should have searched for Madeleine, it was when Kate discovered her missing, especially as the police hadn't been informed of her disappearance. The fact that the McCanns along with their mates were holed up in their apartment, sorting out their timelines and making phonecalls that could have waited until the next morning, shows that while Madeleine had disappeared from their apartment, she had disappeared with the blessing of her parents.

I also believe the McCanns mates, knew exactly what had happened to Madeleine. If they didn't, they would have been out searching for Madeleine. They also would have been disgusted with the McCanns for not helping them to search.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
Dundee's Catholic Church sends message of support to former city student Kate McCann - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dundee's Catholic Church sends message of support to former city student Kate McCann - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 1 May - 20:19

kathybelle wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Annabel wrote:http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/opinion/anne-pickles/the-power-of-faith-1.949458?referrerPath=opinion/ross_brewster

News & Star
Opinion
Anne Pickles

The power of faith

Published at 11:25, Tuesday, 01 May 2012

No two ways about it, the statistical chances now of finding missing Madeleine McCann hover somewhere between slim and nil.

But if any should choose to doubt the all-consuming power of absolute faith, they should look in awe to her parents, Gerry and Kate McCann, who have never – not even for a moment – doubted they will be reunited with their daughter.

They’ll have no truck with statistics.

Only a parent who has lost a child to tragedy could begin to appreciate the pain that loss involves.

Only a parent could dare to imagine which scenario might be preferable – knowing a loved one is safely at peace or clinging to a grain of hope that he or she will one day be home again.

In reality, the McCanns have precious little on which to build their hopes.

A new computer-generated photo, words of comforting encouragement from Scotland Yard. It doesn’t amount to much.

But in the five years since little Maddie left their lives so suddenly, they have constructed a worldwide conscience-case with ability to move mountains.

They will not give up.

They will never stop searching for their daughter.

It’s impossible not to be moved by their determination for longed reunion.

Unconditional love, the kind that recognises no obstacles, accepts no barriers and fights fiercely for its own sake is irresistible.

It can move mountains. Faith of this unquestioning nature has changed the world.

Gerry and Kate McCann have invested all their faith in that power. And frankly, it would seem rudely limited and less than human not to want to do the same – to share their faith.

Police in Portugal do not.

They have said they can find no good reason to reopen the case of missing Madeleine.

They want no more to do with the distraught parents nor with what is believed to be new evidence for investigation.

And former home secretary Alan Johnson didn’t help when he said he wasn’t surprised there was “some resentment” towards the family in Portugal.

Maybe he was right. Desperation, faith and unconditional love are difficult forces to deal with.

They bring screams of frustration at perceived inaction. They combine to produce criticism and are translated too readily as hysterical obsession. A kind of madness.

But what parent in their position wouldn’t act in precisely the same way?

What mother wouldn’t claw ferociously at anyone or anything standing in the way of her holding her lost baby in her arms again?

Police here have refused to say what new evidence they have to suggest Maddie McCann was abducted by a stranger from the family’s holiday flat in Praia da Luz and is still alive.

But their conviction will raise hopes in many who had feared the worst for Maddie.

Not so Gerry and Kate.

For them the flame of hope and conviction has never faltered. And if absolute faith can change the world, it can surely bring a little girl home again to unconditional love.

Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk

Words! And words need to be backed by action. If the McCanns are so full of hope, why don't their actions match this? Why sit in their apartment on the night their daughter disappeared instead of being out there looking? Why not make sure they hired teams of private detectives who had experience of looking for missing children? Why not visit those lawless villages, where their daughter could be living in a hellish lair? Their actions don't match their fine words.

Well said AnnaEsse

If ever there was a time the McCanns should have searched for Madeleine, it was when Kate discovered her missing, especially as the police hadn't been informed of her disappearance. The fact that the McCanns along with their mates were holed up in their apartment, sorting out their timelines and making phonecalls that could have waited until the next morning, shows that while Madeleine had disappeared from their apartment, she had disappeared with the blessing of her parents.

I also believe the McCanns mates, knew exactly what had happened to Madeleine. If they didn't, they would have been out searching for Madeleine. They also would have been disgusted with the McCanns for not helping them to search.

Why wake all those people in the middle of the night to let them know Madeleine had disappeared. Maddie could have turned up at any moment if she had just wandered out of the apartment and we still don't know how she could not possibly have done that. The most urgent thing for most parents in their situation would have been to get out and look and then let people know in the morning if there was no sign of the child.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 1 May - 20:26

Thistledown wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Thistledown wrote:Oh my

All the anti-catholic sentiment pouring forth on this thread.

TUT TUT.

so we're all promiscuous binge drinking child neglectors now are we?

I'll get my mum to pray for you all at mass this morning, i'll call her once ive opened my second bottle of wine and shagged the postie.

xxx

I was raised a Catholic. All my family is Catholic and I find your post ridiculous.
Btw, Kate is as much a Catholic as I'm a Queen.

I guess my sense of humour is lost on you and AnnaEsse Claudia.

I was baptised a Catholic but i'm a non-believer and I was just having a wee joke with the forum. I was kind of offended but I made my point in a humorous way.

My response to AnnaEsse was appropriate given the tone she used with me I think.

Anyway, all this 'I'm the moderator here not you' crap has kinda pissed me off as has the 'your post is ridiculous' bit.

Moderator's can say what they like then and insult posters when they don't like what they've written??

That was a rhetorical question, I'll leave you to get on with your wee clique.

You reminded me of KM in her statements. Were you having a wee joke with the forum (glad to know that with everything going on in this case you took the time to post and have a wee joke in this particular thread) or were you offended? By the way, how does it feel to be kind of offended? is it serious? Should we be scared that you're kinda of pissed off? Finding a post ridiculous (believe me, I was careful with my choice of words) is insulting posters in your opinion? Do you think that this thread is an insult to Catholics and we're all Catholic-phobes? Even the Catholic ones?
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2