Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The missing headboard?

+12
Wintabells
Angelique
pipstar1
tigger
Chris
Lillyofthevalley
kitti
jd16
Fern
MaryB
mossman
NoStone
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The missing headboard? - Page 3 Empty Re: The missing headboard?

Post  pipstar1 Sat 12 May - 2:15

Maybe the room that says Maddies bedroom is another similar room in a different flat?
pipstar1
pipstar1

Number of posts : 49
Warning :
The missing headboard? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The missing headboard? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sat 12 May - 2:36

Is the White socket on the wall a switch - maybe they wanted to cover it so no tiny fingers could investigate it?
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :
The missing headboard? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The missing headboard? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sat 12 May - 8:46

Yes, I was wondering about the switch too... but not sure the headboard (assuming it's removeable) would cover the switch if placed behind the chest of drawers and given that the beds were pushed together in the parents' room with the headboard still attached to the wall, I suspect these headboards aren't removeable.

Oddly, I can't see the knobs on the chest of drawers on the untidy room version.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sat 12 May - 8:54

Having said that, I can't see the switch when the headboard is behind the chest of drawers, so perhaps it does cover it .... but as no knobs are visible in that photo either, the image quality makes it hard to tell whether the switch is covered.

I think kids could be fascinated by a switch they can reach whilst in bed, so I guess it's possible that moving the headboard could have been the final solution to incessant messing about with it.... but I don't think it's removeable.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 12 May - 12:01

Wintabells wrote:Yes, I was wondering about the switch too... but not sure the headboard (assuming it's removeable) would cover the switch if placed behind the chest of drawers and given that the beds were pushed together in the parents' room with the headboard still attached to the wall, I suspect these headboards aren't removeable.

Oddly, I can't see the knobs on the chest of drawers on the untidy room version.

I think it's a different chest of drawers. The one in the tidy photo looks slightly lower compared to the bedside thingy next to it and the lower drawers look different.

ETA: The wood looks darker in the tidy photo.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 12 May - 12:02

....and we were surprised to hear that they were tucked up ion their beds by 7.30...... Why? didnt the twins and Madeleine always go to bed that early allowing K and G to get ready for the evening arriving at the Tapas at about 8.30 jimo.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Sat 12 May - 12:11

AnnaEsse wrote:
Wintabells wrote:Yes, I was wondering about the switch too... but not sure the headboard (assuming it's removeable) would cover the switch if placed behind the chest of drawers and given that the beds were pushed together in the parents' room with the headboard still attached to the wall, I suspect these headboards aren't removeable.

I think it's a different chest of drawers. The one in the tidy photo looks slightly lower compared to the bedside thingy next to it and the lower drawers look different.

ETA: The wood looks darker in the tidy photo.

It could be a different chest of drawers.... it could be a different room (in which case, how weird that there's a photo of it, although perhaps it serves as an example) but the chest of drawers in the tidy room may just look lower once that damned headboard's taken away from it - optical illusions and all that. Not sure about the lower drawers being different... and the wood colour.... yeah, you could be right.

I guess it doesn't really matter though - the untidy room photo is 5a and that headboard is in the wrong place.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 12 May - 12:23

When was the tidy room photo taken?
It just looks to me as thought they've got a 'handyman' in to put the room back to how it should be. It looks like the same chest of drawers to me, just a better photo.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 12 May - 12:25

wjk wrote:When was the tidy room photo taken?
It just looks to me as thought they've got a 'handyman' in to put the room back to how it should be. It looks like the same chest of drawers to me, just a better photo.

It's either the room following a clean-up after the McCanns had left or what it looked like before they got there!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 12 May - 16:23

the knobs on the dresser do appear to be missing. Gosh when did they disappear?
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 12 May - 16:56

AnnaEsse wrote:

It's either the room following a clean-up after the McCanns had left or what it looked like before they got there!
Ah yes, I never thought of a before photo. I was presuming it was a press pic taken later. Didn't one of our 'quality' rags pay to go into 5A?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 12 May - 16:58

wjk wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Ah yes, I never thought of a before photo. I was presuming it was a press pic taken later. Didn't one of our 'quality' rags pay to go into 5A?

I think you're right. That tidy photo was one of a group published by one of our newspapers.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Wed 16 May - 11:32

Think this maybe of interest, may explain
the moving of beds and cots.
http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com/2011/02/13/skeleton-in-the-closet-by-unterdenteppichgekehrt/
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 16 May - 11:43

Hiya marxman i read the link to Unterdenteppichgekehrt and found the article very interesting, yet some of the comments responding to the article left me astounded. No wonder people call some of those who dont believe the McC haters and stuff, im not repeating the comments here because im sure they are libellous.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 16 May - 12:12

Just tried to read that, but it's really badly designed and I can barely make out the text against the background.

Peered closely at a couple, including one by somebody called "Panda" and gave up shortly after. Eyes now hurt.

Edit: Just reloaded it and can, unfortunately, see it properly now: One has to consider if people like "Sine" are actually Pros trying to discredit those who are sceptical of Healy & McCann's tales.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3