Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SKY NEWS McCanns (2/05/12)

+9
MaryB
kitti
pennylane
almostgothic
keepingmum
mossman
chrissie
Angelina
Annabel
13 posters

Go down

SKY NEWS McCanns  (2/05/12) Empty SKY NEWS McCanns (2/05/12)

Post  pennylane Wed 2 May - 12:00

Martin Brunt interviewed the gruesome twosome... Gerry say's he believes the case will be reopened in due course. They say they have seen some of the new information! Quite along interview.... too much for my stomach though....

Last edited by pennylane on Wed 2 May - 12:27; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
SKY NEWS McCanns  (2/05/12) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100SKY NEWS McCanns  (2/05/12) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

SKY NEWS McCanns  (2/05/12) Empty Re: SKY NEWS McCanns (2/05/12)

Post  chrissie Wed 2 May - 12:24

Thanks Pennylane. Hope someone can tell us what is being said. I will be interested (albeit most likely disappointed) to see what martin asks them.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :
SKY NEWS McCanns  (2/05/12) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100SKY NEWS McCanns  (2/05/12) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 2 May - 12:26

I haven't seen Martin and don't know what he said or might say. Only one thing is certain. We will be none the wiser and probably even more confused than ever. I speak for myself.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Wed 2 May - 12:41

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16220428

McCanns: We Believe Madeleine Is Still Alive

12:37pm UK, Wednesday May 02, 2012
The parents of Madeleine McCann, who disappeared in Portugal five years ago, say they still believe their daughter will be found alive.

Kate and Gerry McCann say Scotland Yard's ongoing review of the case has given them hope.

Madeleine was just three years old when she disappeared on May 3, 2007.

The McCanns say they have "no doubt" that the Portuguese authorities will eventually reopen the investigation into the disappearance.

Police there said last week that they had found "no new element" to justify re-launching their inquiry into how the little girl vanished on a family holiday to the Algarve.

Image of Madeleine McCann, age progressed up to nine years old

A computer-enhanced image of how Madeleine might look now, aged nine

But the McCanns added their voices to calls from Scotland Yard for the case to be reopened.

Mr McCann, 43, said: "I think the most important thing is that a lot of the investigation opportunities are in Portugal.

"I think it's fairly clear that the case will have to be reopened for those to be pursued adequately.

"We weren't expecting a knee-jerk reaction by any means. This is an ongoing dialogue, and I am sure the investigation will get opened again in due course. I have no doubt about that. It will get reopened."

His 44-year-old wife added: "It's certainly the best way that we're going to find Madeleine, and who took her.

"If people want to find Madeleine, and want to find the person who took her, then we need the case to be reopened."
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 2 May - 12:55

Well, there once was a time when they wouldn't allow the word 'reopened' to slip past their gums.

Now they're touretting it all over the shop.

They KNOW.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Wed 2 May - 12:56

Didn't they have the option of requesting the case not be shelved in the first place? Why waste 5 years?
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 2 May - 13:18

almostgothic wrote:Well, there once was a time when they wouldn't allow the word 'reopened' to slip past their gums.

Now they're touretting it all over the shop.

They KNOW.

That's what I think at the moment. They are pre-empting it.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Wed 2 May - 13:45

I watched this, just missed the very beginning.

I found this interview creepy. Something very off about it. Of all of the footage I have seen of them since day 1, this is the first time I have watched them and said to myself if I were a person who believed them innocent, I would question them now.

They most certainly do know. There was an air of what will be will be about the re-opening. Like they are facing the inevitable. They came across as being totally displaced from the whole story, almost like they were talking about somebody else's family, something that has happened to somebody else. There is no sense of urgency coming from them in relation to the re-opening, almost a "when you have a minute" attitude.

Gerry even tried to be nice about the pj, saying he knows there were staffing shortages. More likely doing his best not to p**s them off any more than he already has.

Kate - "if people want Madeleine found", come on, it is not for people who want her found, it should be about them and their other children. It should be they who want Madeleine found and what anybody else in the world wants or does not want should not even enter her head.

No, it was very very strange, I found it quite upsetting to be honest. I have never believed they were not involved, not for one second, but watching them on that Sky report, I think they will lie to the bitter end.

The appeared to me to be clearly worried and look like they are hoping against hope the re-opening will not happen and the longer it goes on the better the chance they have of getting away with it.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  keepingmum Wed 2 May - 13:50

rather pleased i missed them. Jeez, they must need the money.
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 2 May - 13:55

keepingmum wrote:rather pleased i missed them. Jeez, they must need the money.

Actually, that's a thought-provoking comment: If Healy & McCann are tried and incarcerated, what happens to things like finances especially Mortgage debts?

I predict a rather turbulent future for those poor Twins.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 2 May - 14:06

Yes indeed, and the tragedy is that if the truth had been told right at the beginning, that turbulence might have receded just a little by now.
To a degree, that also applies to the other Tapas children also.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 2 May - 14:42

Can't remember whether this was ITV news earlier or Sky interview today..... but GM mentioned that it was an enormous relief having SY's help, as it took pressure off them and also the fund.

So does this mean they are hanging up their begging bowls after five long years? No bewk on display today either. Have they been told to tone down their money grubbing ways I wonder?

Well I've forced myself to watch them three times in just a few short hours, and I'm feeling decidedly bilious now. SKY NEWS McCanns  (2/05/12) 847843
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 2 May - 14:49

Have the changed the pic on the t shirts yet to coincide with the age progressed one....after all, they want her found, don't they.

Or they waiting to sell all the old ones first.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 2 May - 14:58

'If you don't look you don't find'. That is what Kate McCann said re Madeleine. Is it just me or is that a really strange thing for the Mother of a missing child to say. Like a teacher would say to a child over a missing pair of gloves or something.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Wed 2 May - 16:51

At least Gerry gave the pj a back handed compliment saying they know it was a big investigation...i have to say,he has grown into the role...looking very relaxed & composed,Kate mentioned she had seen investigative opportunities in the files she had read...no mention of getting of her arse to go look...
You dont ask,you dont get ive heard as a saying but not if you dont look,you dont find?
Brunty asked if they thought the case will be reopened,gerry says in due course & Kate gave a little nod so im guessing it will
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Thu 3 May - 0:00

Not sure which interview it was, it was on one of the news programmes, but Kate was asked about criticism she received for appearing to be holding herself together so well. She replied something like, we had to make appeals and you can't make appeals if you can't hold yourself together. What magnificent self control that is. I really do think that she does have great self control over her emotions, perhaps that is the doctor in her coming out. However, if she had crumpled up a bit in front of camera I would have thought the public would have softened to her alot more. Kate said something like she had to stay focused in order to stop herself crumbling because that was what was best for Madeleine. I just don't know what to make of it, perhaps it really was a case of things just not seeming real at the time, a bit like a bad dream, and she just went through the motions of standing in front of camera appearing fairly calm and in control. I just really think that right from the off, Kate especially thought it was her job to make appeals. Most parents would have wished to let the police investigation do its job and would have only appeared in front of camera at the invitation of the police. I just don't really know what to think about the mindset at all.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Thu 3 May - 0:28

Any mother who had nothing to do with her child's "disappearance", would have fully co-operated with investigating officers and answered ALL questions. She would not be concerned about showing or hiding emotion. Her only focus would be on the truth.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 3 May - 1:43

I haven't seen the Sky interview so I can only go on what others have posted.

My immediate thoughts are if they are calm about an eventual re-opening of the case then it's a done deal.

I am suspicious of everything they do.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down